Etrigan vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
i love the demon. i think this would be a great fight. thoughts?

Stoic
The question on my mind, is can Gladiator resist Etrigan's flames? Is Gladiator susceptible to magic like Superman is? If not, I'm leaning towards Gladiator taking this.

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
The question on my mind, is can Gladiator resist Etrigan's flames? Is Gladiator susceptible to magic like Superman is? If not, I'm leaning towards Gladiator taking this.

i think he could resist it, but it would hurt like hell.... no pun intended. shifty

Babajaev
Etrigan owns him

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic

Etrigans hellfire affects high level demons and magic users, so I'd lean towards "yes" for it affecting Gladiator.

A higher ranking demon than Etrigan tried raising the Demon of Gotham, who grew powerful enough to end the world by feeding off of all the pain and hate in Gotham since the city existed. The thing was big enough to dwarf Galactus, and wherever its shadow fell people were driven insane.. It thought Etrigan was a gnat compared to it, and tried engulfing him and impaling him with these spears/stakes made of darkness, through his body and head...

This only pissed Etrigan off, and he gave it everything he had in hellfire. The demon ended up begging for mercy..

And again, this wasn't simply some weak demon.. This was a creature that needed a lot of human sacrifices to summon, and that a higher ranking demon than Etrigan thought was his "end the world" gambit..

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

guy222
glads

Lord Feron
Fladiator each and every time, not to say Etrigan makes it too easy for him.

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
Etrigans hellfire affects high level demons and magic users, so I'd lean towards "yes" for it affecting Gladiator.

A higher ranking demon than Etrigan tried raising the Demon of Gotham, who grew powerful enough to end the world by feeding off of all the pain and hate in Gotham since the city existed. The thing was big enough to dwarf Galactus, and wherever its shadow fell people were driven insane.. It thought Etrigan was a gnat compared to it, and tried engulfing him and impaling him with these spears/stakes made of darkness, through his body and head...

This only pissed Etrigan off, and he gave it everything he had in hellfire. The demon ended up begging for mercy..

And again, this wasn't simply some weak demon.. This was a creature that needed a lot of human sacrifices to summon, and that a higher ranking demon than Etrigan thought was his "end the world" gambit.. Did these demon actually any feats besides being big and being a knockoff Cthulu?

Prep-Man
Etrigan.

ColossusGrundy
pretty sure than anyone that one-punched Supes to the moon can handle Gladiator.

Etrigan ftw.

Babajaev
etrigan wins every single fight

Babajaev
how the hell can people say gladiator wins? did you read any comics with etrigan? he is leagues above gladiator he is too powerful for him , etrigan is a match for thor ... gladiator is nothing here

iceman24567
Originally posted by Babajaev
how the hell can people say gladiator wins? did you read any comics with etrigan? he is leagues above gladiator he is too powerful for him , etrigan is a match for thor ... gladiator is nothing here Better question why are you spamming?

Babajaev
Originally posted by iceman24567
Better question why are you spamming?

erm

leonidas
i tend to favor etrigan as well. he's likely as strong as glads or at least not noticeably weaker, has some uber damage soak and the hellfire would probably be more effective than the vision powers of glads.

be a tough fight though, and i don't think etrigan sweeps at all.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Did these demon actually any feats besides being big and being a knockoff Cthulu?

Impaling Etrigan with some kind of dark energy spears, and physically manhandling him.. Not too much more, seeing this was his only appearance.

But the demon that summoned it, Astaroth, seemed roughly equal to Etrigan, yet he felt certain this Gothademon was powerful enough to weaken himself in the summoning process, making him vulnerable to Etrigan later..

Plus it needed a pentagram, five locations filled with bodies to summon it, and...

..yeah, not too many feats. ^_^ It was still an awesome scene though, with the ridiculously big demon going up like a torch..

Anyways, Hellfire's put a hurting on characters that do have insane feats, too.

Lord Feron
Better question why are you spamming?

Pretty much. Seems to be his sole purpose of being is to low ball glads. But whatever people do with their time is their business.

snowdragon
Magic is supposedly a specific weakness of Kallark's race, I would think Etrigan would bring that in spades to this fight.

If it's a slugfest I would go Gladiator though.

Babajaev
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Pretty much. Seems to be his sole purpose of being is to low ball glads. But whatever people do with their time is their business.

low ball gladiator? Lol i am not low balling anyone but i am not in his worshipers sect either, i am stating the facts as they areand the facts are gladiator didnt prove himself to be on pair with the likes of thor and surfer , and no matter how people will try to portray him as being equel to superman his showings say otherwise

iceman24567
Originally posted by Babajaev
low ball gladiator? Lol i am not low balling anyone but i am not in his worshipers sect either, i am stating the facts as they areand the facts are gladiator didnt prove himself to be on pair with the likes of thor and surfer , and no matter how people will try to portray him as being equel to superman his showings say otherwise Nah you were low balling

Babajaev
Nah you were low balling

erm

WhirlyownsMods3
nutnut

Naija boy
Gladiator

WhirlyownsMods3

Bentley
Gladiator for the majority, he's an herald solid enough to defeat Etrigan, BUT he does have a magic weakness.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
pretty sure than anyone that one-punched Supes to the moon can handle Gladiator.

Etrigan ftw.

Bad one-time analogy there since Glads one time destroyed a planet.

destroying a planet >>> punching supes to the moon

As far as this match goes, Not really sure if Etrigan has high damage soak and Glads would most likely eat fire sometime in the fight despite his flight speed.

Leaning towards Etrigan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.