Iron Man vs Jack of Hearts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

zopzop
A PISless Jack should take the majority wins, but IM makes him work for them.

leonidas
ironman.

zopzop
Jack gets no love. He's a legit herald level being (where he places on that list is debatable but for sure he's not high herald). FTL travel, able to survive indefinitely in space, able to survive inside the heat and pressure inside the hearts of stars, hangs with heralds.

His best feat was recharging a dying star :
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081103172115/marveldatabase/images/thumb/4/41/Jack_of_Hearts_Vol_1_4.jpg/300px-Jack_of_Hearts_Vol_1_4.jpg

quanchi112
Jack wins.

Ambient
I'm giving this to JOH 8/10 dough Tony's is no strange to 0 energy and with his smart that alone should garner him some wins.

leonidas
i disagree he gets no love. he is what he is. his list of beaten opponents is short, his powers can run rampant and im has great energy absorbing skills. i'd say im for the high majority.

JakeTheBank
Potential and what they've actually done with what they're given are two different things regarding comic book characters.

I agree that, in theory, JoH could potentially beat the crap out of Tony, but I find that to be unlikely. Tony's far more reliable.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Potential and what they've actually done with what they're given are two different things regarding comic book characters.

I agree that, in theory, JoH could potentially beat the crap out of Tony, but I find that to be unlikely. Tony's far more reliable.

can tony really absorb that much energy with standard gear?

JakeTheBank
Between absorbing the energy and shielding himself from it, I'd say it's definitely possible given his feats. He tanked an exploding fuel cell with enough fuel to reach from Earth to Mars and back again with his armor's defenses. Same explosion took out Savage Hulk.

zopzop
Between absorbing the energy and shielding himself from it, I'd say it's definitely possible given his feats. He tanked an exploding fuel cell with enough fuel to reach from Earth to Mars and back again with his armor's defenses. Same explosion took out Savage Hulk.

Jake, think about what you said right there. Jack re-ignited a SUN. Tony tanked an exploding fuel cell.

http://www.co-intelligence.org/newsletter/images/sun-etc.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Jake, think about what you said right there. Jack re-ignited a SUN. Tony tanked an exploding fuel cell.

Yeah, it's a high end feat for Jack.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's generally portrayed to be far less uber than what that showing would imply.

zopzop
Yeah, it's a high end feat for Jack.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's generally portrayed to be far less uber than what that showing would imply.

Dude has abilities that dwarf IM. FTL intergalactic travel, ability to survive the heat and pressure inside the hearts of stars, ability to survive indefinitely in space, etc... All this is beyond IM's capabilities. His highest feat dwarfs IM's too. So it's not hard to see why some say he'd beat IM for the majority.

JakeTheBank
Dude has abilities that dwarf IM. FTL intergalactic travel, ability to survive the heat and pressure inside the hearts of stars, ability to survive indefinitely in space, etc... All this is beyond IM's capabilities. His highest feat dwarfs IM's too. So it's not hard to see why some say he'd beat IM for the majority.

I'm not disputing that. His ultimate potential is beyond Iron Man. Thing is, the majority of the time, he's just not portrayed as being clearly and decisively beyond Iron Man in the context of a battle. Which is why, while I personally don't see Jack beating Iron Man in a conventional battle, I can definitely see why you and others give him the majority.

You also have to take into account Iron Man's track record against herald beings, which speaks for itself.

Ambient
What substantially diff. For Tony pared with norm SPB is his reliant with his armors capability, each one designed to function on diff. situation. So to say for example: His current bleeding edge armor have a similar energy soaking capabilities to one used against Surfer would be wrong.. What would be in discussion is current armor vs JOH.. So far Ive seen < JOH..

gogogadgetgo

and? i can ignite a gas station size explosion with a match stick.

zopzop
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
and? i can ignite a gas station size explosion with a match stick.

And cause that gas station size explosion to continue to burn for billions of years?! Sweet! roll eyes (sarcastic)

cdtm

eek!

I knew he was powerful, but not that powerful.

And Rom: Space Knight tanked attacks from him.. For a stupid looking toy, Rom is pretty uber..

TheLordofMurder
On average, Jack of Hearts is a bonafide Low Herald...

Given his capabilities, I honestly believe he beats Tony every single time; wont be easy, but I cant see Tony beating this guy...

gogogadgetgo
And cause that gas station size explosion to continue to burn for billions of years?! Sweet! roll eyes (sarcastic)

with enough fuel, yeah it could. now whats a sun or star made of? flammable gasses? hell, with that much flammable gasses i can ignite a sun with a match stick.

Bentley
Jack is powerful, but IM knows a lot about his powerset and would probably be able to affect him.

sean724
Bump

Uriel005
Originally posted by Bentley
Jack is powerful, but IM knows a lot about his powerset and would probably be able to affect him. Reigniting a star is beyond IM by far. Going with Jack.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.