Wonder Man vs Animal Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Animal Man uses the proportionate strength of a comic book flea, how does this go?

radbandos
smile

dmills
Believe it or not, Animal Man is the one DC character that I know perhaps even better then I know Nova and Iron Fist. Are you using the 52 version?

Stoic
Well let's assume that everything in comics are twice as powerful, as they are in real life.

Stoic
Originally posted by dmills
Believe it or not, Animal Man is the one DC character that I know perhaps even better then I know Nova and Iron Fist. Are you using the 52 version?

Yes let's go with the 52 version of Animal Man.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Animal Man uses the proportionate strength of a comic book flea, how does this go?

Why flea? Why not rhinoceros beetle? Pound for pound they are the strongest creatures on Earth by far. If all else fails he because a Sun Eater then destroys WM. AM 10/10.

Stoic
A rhinoceros beetle is stronger than a flea pound for pound? I never knew that.

cdtm
Originally posted by zopzop
Why flea? Why not rhinoceros beetle? Pound for pound they are the strongest creatures on Earth by far. If all else fails he because a Sun Eater then destroys WM. AM 10/10.

I thought dung beetles were strongest? Because they need to move through all that poo and not get crushed by it...

They're supposed to be strong enough to lift something like 85-90 tons.

cdtm
http://www.extremescience.com/strongest-animal.htm

They can lift the human equivalent of six full double decker buses.

One double decker bus weighs between 7 and 12 tons. If we assume 100 people at 150 lbs each, that's 15 tons per load, so 90 tons for the people alone.

Yeah, my guess was a bit off.

Edit: Wait, that's 15,000 lbs per load. So that's only around 7 tons a load, right?

Still a lot of weight.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
A rhinoceros beetle is stronger than a flea pound for pound? I never knew that.

Yeah, I could have sworn Rhino Beetles are the strongest animal pound for pound in terms of "lifting" objects. They can lift 850x's their weight. I heard fleas can "pull" objects 160,000x's their weight. I consider the lifting feat more impressive. stick out tongue

cdtm
Yeah, I could have sworn Rhino Beetles are the strongest animal pound for pound in terms of "lifting" objects. They can lift 850x's their weight. I heard fleas can "pull" objects 160,000x's their weight. I consider the lifting feat more impressive. stick out tongue

That's impressive, no doubt.

The horned dung beetle lifts 1,141 times its weight, so it has the Rhino beat by a comfortable margin. But both are impressive.

Galan007
Why flea? Why not rhinoceros beetle? Pound for pound they are the strongest creatures on Earth by far. Neither a beetle nor a flea weigh a pound, though. A huge hole in your logic has been exposed. excellent

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Neither a beetle nor a flea weigh a pound, though. A huge hole in your logic has been exposed. excellent

I thought we were friends sadangel.

HandOfFate
IIRC, Topical Dust Mites (90 tons) are the strongest animal on the planet, while rhinoceros beetle come in a second with 65 ton. (human translations)

cdtm
Originally posted by HandOfFate
IIRC, Topical Dust Mites (90 tons) are the strongest animal on the planet, while rhinoceros beetle come in a second with 65 ton. (human translations)

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2010/03/25/the-mightiest-mite-dung-beetle-is-crowned-worlds-strongest-bug/

Odd that it's not even mentioned.

Dust mites can lift 1'182 times their own weight.. That's more than the horned hung beetles 1,141 and Rhino Beetles 850.

Edit: Ah, I just did a quick google, and dust mites aren't strictly insects. Eight legs instead of six, so they're in the same category as spiders..

dmills
Like cdtm, I had heard dung beetles had surpassed Rhino beetles in that "pound for pound" title.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by cdtm
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2010/03/25/the-mightiest-mite-dung-beetle-is-crowned-worlds-strongest-bug/

Odd that it's not even mentioned.

Dust mites can lift 1'182 times their own weight.. That's more than the horned hung beetles 1,141 and Rhino Beetles 850.

Edit: Ah, I just did a quick google, and dust mites aren't strictly insects. Eight legs instead of six, so they're in the same category as spiders..

Yeah, Dust Mites are pretty powerful (putting AM and Vixen in the class 90 range) but that won't do them any good if they can't take a punch. They need to stack some form of Invulnerability.....like when Vixen fought Superman.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8383/armoredbeetle.th.jpg

DarkSaint85
Yeah, Dust Mites are pretty powerful (putting AM and Vixen in the class 90 range) but that won't do them any good if they can't take a punch. They need to stack some form of Invulnerability.....like when Vixen fought Superman.

Or even worse, smashes his wrist...

HandOfFate
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Or even worse, smashes his wrist...

Which would probably happen without a higher form of durability to support his super-strength.

dmills

That was my thought exactly. Great call. For some reason I was thinking cock roach, but that'd be more damage soak than hard durability lol.

Galan007
Which would probably happen without a higher form of durability to support his super-strength. I'm pretty sure that when AM or Vixen manifest a power, they gain sufficient durability/stamina to handle said power without causing harm to themselves.

That's why Vixen can conjure the speed of a cheetah, for instance, and not shred every muscle/ligament/tendon in her legs when she starts running. Etc.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm pretty sure that when AM or Vixen manifest a power, they gain sufficient durability/stamina to handle said power without causing harm to themselves.

That's why Vixen can conjure the speed of a cheetah, for instance, and not shred every muscle/ligament/tendon in her legs when she starts running. Etc.

They probably do but I bet it's no where close enough to handled a punch from Superman or even Wonder Man's level of strength

dmills
I like Buddy here for sure. I'd like to see how the new attitude badass Simon turns out though.

Galan007
They probably do but I bet it's no where close enough to handled a punch from Superman or even Wonder Man's level of strength Sorry, not following you..?

CosmicComet
If a hercules beetle weighs about 3 ounces (16 ounces is 1 pound) on average, and can pull 850x its weight...you guys realize that's like a 160 lbs right?

I have a hard time imagining a 6 lb cat dragging 160 lbs around, let alone a beetle that the cat could EAT. no expression

Galan007
Originally posted by CosmicComet
If a hercules beetle weighs about 3 ounces (16 ounces is 1 pound) on average, and can pull 850x its weight...you guys realize that's like a 160 lbs right?

I have a hard time imagining a 6 lb cat dragging 160 lbs around, let alone a beetle that the cat could EAT. no expression http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/doc_notthinking.jpg

Wangster No.3
nutnut

dmills
The problem with the match up is that peeps think Buddy needs to match Simon's strength to beat him. He doesn't. Imo calling on the striking power of something like a Mantis shrimp would suffice. I can't even imagine that kind of striking power proportioned to Buddy's size. It'd be devastating.

Blight
Originally posted by dmills
The problem with the match up is that peeps think Buddy needs to match Simon's strength to beat him. He doesn't. Imo calling on the striking power of something like a Mantis shrimp would suffice. I can't even imagine that kind of striking power proportioned to Buddy's size. It'd be devastating.
No kidding, with the power of a rifle bullet, at about 6 inches large.... That would be insanely powerful a punch...

dmills
Originally posted by Blight
No kidding, with the power of a rifle bullet, at about 6 inches large.... That would be insanely powerful a punch...

Or maybe I should've said Pistol Shrimp. I saw a video on YouTube where a Mantis shrimp took a shot right to its face from a pistol shrimp and got ktfo lol.

It's hard to believe that those clicking noises are basically phucking sonic booms created by their claws moving so fast. Little buggers are under an inch long, but create a sonic blast up to well over 200 decibels loud and for a millisecond, heat as hot as the surface of the sun. Insane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.