Sinestro vs X-Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9274/sinestrocorpsspecial.jpg

vs

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8713/xmanart.jpg

Stipulations
Sinestro with his yellow ring, though feats done with the green ring will be allowed.

This is Shaman X-Man before he was depowered by Sugarman.

Match takes place Colosseum.

leonidas
i think this would be a kick a$$ fight. the ring's ability to protect vs uber psi's IS a little suspect at times. i'd take nate. even if he can't affect his mind directly, i still see him having the firepower necessary to break the constructs and i think his shields could handle sinestro's firepower. i think sinestro could take some, but nate for the majority imo.

Galan007
Are we assuming Nate can step outside of time, and all that jazz? Nate likely wins either way--but if he can preform the aforementioned, he potentially wins in a spitey fashion.

P.S. That artwork of Nate is horrid. sick

"Id"
Originally posted by leonidas
i think this would be a kick a$$ fight. the ring's ability to protect vs uber psi's IS a little suspect at times. i'd take nate. even if he can't affect his mind directly, i still see him having the firepower necessary to break the constructs and i think his shields could handle sinestro's firepower. i think sinestro could take some, but nate for the majority imo.

I would say yes, they have comparable power to wreck shit up. It seems Nate has an edge in raw output, and more refined matter manipulation.

But there are few more factors to way in. In the case that Thaal psy shields fail. He is not entirely defenseless. Since mental intrusion is a two-way battle, Nate leaves himself open to Thaals ability Instill Fear.

Originally posted by Galan007
Are we assuming Nate can step outside of time, and all that jazz? Nate likely wins either way--but if he can preform the aforementioned, he potentially wins in a spitey fashion.

P.S. That artwork of Nate is horrid. sick

Sinestro has no space/time or spacial manipulations to counter with?

Galan007
I haven't seen him muck with time, no.

guy222
nate easily

Cogito
Originally posted by "Id"
Sinestro has no space/time or spacial manipulations to counter with?

Lanterns haven't really done time/space manipulation post-crisis. erm

"Id"
Originally posted by Cogito
Lanterns haven't really done time/space manipulation post-crisis. erm

Spatial manipulation is a form of time/space manipulation. Like when Thaal stores his battery, in a pocket space. The fabric of space/time was warped to do so.

I was just wondering if Thaal has ever done anything more elaborate, than simple Spatial manipulation. I've read some comics/mangas where spacial manipulation, has been used to neutralize time manipulators.

Cogito
Spatial manipulation is a form of time/space manipulation. Like when Thaal stores his battery, in a pocket space. The fabric of space/time was warped to do so.

I was just wondering if Thaal has ever done anything more elaborate, than simple Spatial manipulation. I've read some comics/mangas where spacial manipulation, has been used to neutralize time manipulators.

The battery storage is really the only space manipulation I can think of off the top of my head. That's still not something that's ever been used in either an offensive or defensive capacity, AFAIK.

JakeTheBank
X-Man, based on feats.

In theory, I wouldn't be surprised if a Lantern of Sinestro's caliber was able to compete with Nate and all his techniques.

"Id"
The battery storage is really the only space manipulation I can think of off the top of my head. That's still not something that's ever been used in either an offensive or defensive capacity, AFAIK.

There was that time when he extracted the Ion Force from Kyle

Cogito
There was that time when he extracted the Ion Force from Kyle

You mean Parallax? Is that supposed to be a time/space manipulation feat?

"Id"
I think Sinestro ability to instil fear, and manipulate it is heavily overlooked across board. The way its executed, borrows elements to that of a telepath/empath.

JakeTheBank
No, Sinestro literally cut Ion out of Kyle's body prior to siccing Parallax on him.

Though, I'd be more inclined to call that more matter manipulation more so than time/space based.

"Id"
You mean Parallax? Is that supposed to be a time/space manipulation feat?
Before he feed him to Parallax. He extracted Ion.

It should fall as form of spatial manipulation, since the boding with said element is not just on a physical level.

I can see people arguing against it, if you look to outline what it takes to pull off that feat.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, Sinestro literally cut Ion out of Kyle's body prior to siccing Parallax on him.

Though, I'd be more inclined to call that more matter manipulation more so than time/space based.

Doh!

I forgot we were talking about Sinestro and started thinking about Hal.

Galan007
I am unclear as to how Sinestro plucking the Ion entity from Kyle applies, in any way/shape/form, to this thread..?

Anywho, the only possible spatial manipulation feat that comes to mind from post-crisis Lanterns, is when Kyle (Ion II) did this:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5127/23969903.th.jpg http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5853/20709917.th.jpg http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7197/32329027.th.jpg

Sinestro, however, doesn't have feats quite like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.