Dr. Doom vs Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Doom gets a power ring, and a few weeks to master it, but won't use his armor or magic.

Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Doom's will is absolute.

The Nuul
Doom doesn't need the ring. He's Doom, also IF Hal did win he'd just beat a Doombot anyways thus Doom still wins.

Cogito
While I don't have any doubt that Doom's will is immense, I don't think it's any greater than Hal's. Hal wins due to vastly greater experience.

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito
While I don't have any doubt that Doom's will is immense, I don't think it's any greater than Hal's. Hal wins due to vastly greater experience.

Well, Doom resisted Purple Man on sheer willpower. I don't think anyone else has done that.

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
Well, Doom resisted Purple Man on sheer willpower. I don't think anyone else has done that.

Hal killed a Guardian with a GL ring. Nobody else has done that.

ColossusGrundy
Hal owns Doom before Victor can get finished with his overly dramatic speech about how he will win.

JakeTheBank
Hal's about as imaginative as a potato, though, so Doom's massive ingenuity and creativity will be key here.

Not that it matters, because Doom would kill him anyway.

Mindset
While I don't have any doubt that Doom's will is immense, I don't think it's any greater than Hal's. Hal wins due to vastly greater experience. Doom's is.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom's is.

With ease.

Uriel005
Hal killed a Guardian with a GL ring. Nobody else has done that. If you want to interpret the fight my way he basically overpowered the aggregated will of the universe when he delivered the Krona busting attack. He literally overcame a being who had the entity representing will itself under his control.

quanchi112
Doom, easily.

Mindset
Originally posted by Uriel005
If you want to interpret the fight my way he basically overpowered the aggregated will of the universe when he delivered the Krona busting attack. He literally overcame a being who had the entity representing will itself under his control. No one sane wants to.

cdtm
If you want to interpret the fight my way he basically overpowered the aggregated will of the universe when he delivered the Krona busting attack. He literally overcame a being who had the entity representing will itself under his control.

It's a great feat. But he tried and failed before to overpower Krona, so it's probably not a level of power he can reach often at all. The fact it took him the entire arc to pull that off probably means he needs to be in the right situation at the right time, in the right frame of mind to do it.. It may or may not be as likely as being struck by lightning or winning the lottery.

While Doom, his ridiculous will is part of his character. The Purple Man stuff is just Dooms normal operating willpower.

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
Doom, easily.

Easily? erm

Come on now.

Mshinu
Originally posted by cdtm

I recall Kingpin doing it as well.

Anyway, Doom`s will is maybe the strongest in comics but are the GL rings not said to be incompatible with "cynical" willpower?

Mindset
When has KP ever no selled PM?

Also, wtf is cynical willpower?

Bentley
Hal is no Kyle.

cdtm

Also, wtf is cynical willpower?

Sinestro said Ollie was having problems because he was too cynical.

The Guardians are like the living embodiments of cynicism..

Mshinu

http://g.imagehost.org/view/0601/Marvel_Team_Up_Annual_1981-14
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0357/Marvel_Team_Up_Annual_1981-15

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mshinu
I recall Kingpin doing it as well.

Anyway, Doom`s will is maybe the strongest in comics but are the GL rings not said to be incompatible with "cynical" willpower? Explain Sinestro then.

cdtm
Explain Sinestro then.

Sinestro's not cynical, he's just a perfectionist *******.

Stoic
Giving Doom 2 weeks means that he'd not only take out Hal, but he'd find a way to make the green power his without the ring.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Giving Doom 2 weeks means that he'd not only take out Hal, but he'd find a way to make the green power his without the ring.

lol, he'd powerjack the batterys power and toss the ring.

Cogito
Originally posted by Mshinu
Anyway, Doom`s will is maybe the strongest in comics

Realistically, Superman's will is the strongest possible. It's basically his powerset to be the best hero imaginable.

abhilegend
Realistically, Superman's will is the strongest possible. It's basically his powerset to be the best hero imaginable.
Yes, it's been stated in JLA 52 Kal has the strongest will in the universe which he later proved in Emperor joker. Doom pfft, he couldn't tell the diffrence between House of M and proper reality when even skrull queen caught it.

Clarkie Kent
tbh Doom didn't look very powerful in either Fantastic Four or rise of the Silver Surfer, Green Lantern was really strong in space against Parralex.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes, it's been stated in JLA 52 Kal has the strongest will in the universe which he later proved in Emperor joker. Doom pfft, he couldn't tell the diffrence between House of M and proper reality when even skrull queen caught it.

Scans?

Also lawl.

Bentley
Doom has an strong will he has proved as much several times, it is an established part of the character. It's impossible to say how he stacks when wearing a GL ring, but he would at least give the top lanterns a run for their money thanks to his will and creativity. The one thing he would lack is experience.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Doom has an strong will he has proved as much several times, it is an established part of the character. It's impossible to say how he stacks when wearing a GL ring, but he would at least give the top lanterns a run for their money thanks to his will and creativity. The one thing he would lack is experience.

As did Hal at one point, and he was still pwning Sinestro. And Kyle, he pwned Hal as a noob. big grin

Dooms the kind of guy who would do exactly what Mongul II did and have the computer list the capabilities, except he'd actually use all those abilities instead of just overpowering everyone.

zeel
doom wins

Odekahn
I think after today, people can stop claiming Doom's willpower is even in the same ballpark as Hal Jordan's. The feats in GL 20 are ridiculous, lol. (In a good way)

Mindset

Branlor Swift

abhilegend
Hal stomps.

Odekahn

abhilegend
Hal made kyle his ***** as always.

Oliver North
I guess I haven't read much about white lantern/black lantern etc, but under the OP stips, I'd give it to Doom

Classic versions of each without any weird stips: Doom wins with prep; Hal in a random encounter

Odekahn
Hal is a greater nexus of willpower than the central power battery itself. Doom can't compare.

JakeTheBank
Of course Doom can compare.

The dude routinely masters powers within moments of obtaining them. Almost every time Doom jacked or otherwise got awesome power, he started using them like a pro in the span of panels. Giving him several weeks to test the ring out prior to engaging Hal is honestly ridiculous. Doom's infinitely more creative and imaginative than Hal and his willpower is definitely comparable to Hal's own.

abhilegend
Hal would remove his ring, give it to doom and still oneshot him.

JakeTheBank
Hal would remove his ring, give it to doom and still oneshot him.

laughing out loud

Hal would kill himself trying to outwill Doom.

abhilegend
Pfft, Hal's lackey Kyle can outwill doom.

Philosophía
Hal would give Doom the Green Lantern ring, and then will Victor to have sex with dogs, for the amusement of Guy Gardner and the rest.

JakeTheBank
Pfft, Hal's lackey Kyle can outwill doom.

laughing out loud x2.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud x2. Concession accepted, doombag.

JakeTheBank
Concession accepted, doombag.

I appreciate that you've really upped your trolling as of late, but it's not quite up to the level it could be.

I suggest training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Odekahn
Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about who would win in a fight ( Hal in a random encounter, doom in a prep war). I'm talking about who has the greater willpower. And Hal has just had feats that put anyone's willpower to shame.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.