X2 aka X-Men 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
I picked up the official novelization of X2 a few days ago and I finished it last night.

It is awesome, much more action than the first movie. It also seems like it's going to be pretty graphic with it's blood and guts.

And prepare to be spoiled: In X2 there is no Sabretooth, just Stryker, Yuriko (Lady Deathstrike, although they never call her that), Magneto, & Mystique.

In this film the only Senator Kelly you see is the Mystique version.

There is tons more Rogue and Bobby (Iceman), plus you get to see Pyro in action!

There's a new version of the Backbird.

We get to see the Blackbird in a fight against two F-16's in the middle of an Ororo Monroue created storm with tornados and everything!

The scenes with Nightcrawler are going to be awesome.

Just wait till you see the way Magneto escapes from his plastic prison, it's awesome!

If you want more spoilers PM me.

I give the novelization a 9 out of 10!!!

I can't wait til May 2!!!

Captain REX
"Okay, put down the knives buddy!"

"I can't!"

I saw the theatrical trailer for X2. I cannot wait...

LanceWindu
There's actually two real trailers and one from Comic-Con

Julie
I haven't even seen the first one....

LanceWindu
You should.

It's what started this new running of comic movies.

Julie
Oh.....maybe I'll rent it one day.....

LanceWindu
I suggest the X-Men 1.5 DVD.

Tex
The first time I saw X-Men I was unimpressed. But I just happend to see it again and thought it was really enjoyable! Go figurestick out tongue

I'm really looking forward to part II!smile

BOPRecruit 16
whose blackbird? nightcrawler looks creepy. the guy who plays pyro isn't bad looking *he he* x2 looks promising, can't wait!!! ^.~

LanceWindu
Blackbird is the stealth ship that the X-Men use.

Even though this movie is based only a few months after X1 they have changed the design of the ship.

Julie
I actually may watch this one

GordonSkywalker
Is Patrick Stewart convincing as Professor Charles Xavier? I know him mainly from Star Trek as well as other roles. And is there a Wolverine in the movies? Who plays Magneto? It's pretty obvious I have not seen the first one,isn't it??

Augeybana
I was speechless while seeing my favorite marvel superstars.I heard there's a 3 and 4 and that they might not put the same actors and actresses.

GordonSkywalker
They're already planning 3 and 4?

Captain REX
You obviously have not seen X-men at all Gordon. Wolverine is practically the main character. Magneto, the main villain, is played by the wonderful Sir Ian McKellan (Gandalf).

Patrick Stewart portrays Xavier grandly. Another performance I saw him in was A Christmas Carol, in which he made a great Ebenezer Scrooge.

Augeybana
Wolverine is such a main character that he's making a spin off and also I heard Storm is doing that too.

LanceWindu
Where in the world did you hear that?

From what I've heard there's only going to be 3 movies and POSSIBLY a Wolverine movie. Why a Storm movie?

Augeybana
I go on many sites that list detail factly info there are going to be 3 more x men storm is said to come out because what I heard she's a popular character.

GordonSkywalker
Which one is Storm?

Augeybana
The girl with the white hair that controls the weather

Catch 22
Definately NOT an XMEN fan then.....

Personally I LOVE Rogue, always have and always will. I think Anna Paquin is perfect in the role of the younger Rogue. I just hope she can continue on into the fiesty version!

GordonSkywalker
Oh, I thought she was the all-blue one? John Stamos's wife?

Captain REX
Hey C22, he just hasn't seen the movies.

The blue girl is Mystique, who can shape-shift. Storm is played by Halle Berry (I keep mispelling her name...).

GordonSkywalker
Thanks for explaining! I do like XMen, but have not seen the films yet. I used to read the comics, but that was so long ago!

Augeybana
You got to watch it best comic to movie I have seen yet.

Catch 22
Yeah, I got that, I'm just foolin' with him. wink

Captain REX
Just makin sure...

BOPRecruit 16
nightcrawler is supposed to be the son of mystique. but in the movie it looks like that can't work. she needs to wear more cloths, she does in the cartoon/comics. but, i still can't wait to see it! rogue's hair is cool. the guy who plays pyro looks kind of cute. who plays him? ^.~ he he

GordonSkywalker
I loved Rogue the best in the first movie. Yes I finally saw it on tv the other day. X2 looks like it's even more cooler than the first!

Augeybana
Colossus look awesome on the tralier when he changed.

GordonSkywalker
So when does the new XMen come out? I heard May or something? How many characters from the first are in it?

Augeybana
WEll about 9 will have big parts there will be more other character having cameo's.That not includeding the villians.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah? I am catching up on my XMen knowledge! laughing out loud Just found a reduced copy of the first film on video eek! and picked up the novelisation of it today. I am looking forward to seeing the new one in theaters. Happy Dance

Augeybana
Yeah But I don't know if I should buy the dvd yet of 1.5.

GordonSkywalker
Saw that in Blockbuster running about $20 or more. I'm not going to spend so much money unless I am well sure I really want to get something like that.

Augeybana
I'm hoping for $20 bucks there something more than deleted clips.

GordonSkywalker
I know. Like The Phantom Menace DVD is the only place(it seems) to see the "Duel of the Fates" music video that first played on MTV in 1999. For some reason I can't download it properly. I just can't see investing so much for so little in return.

Augeybana
True I got the Extened Version of Lord Of The Rings DVD and it's worth every penny.I got it for Christmas and still not finish with evrything.IT has four cd's it so big it has a big manuel on everything.

GordonSkywalker
Now that sounds like a winner.

Augeybana
Yeah can't wait too get the LOTR all three movies dvd that be 12 cd's.

GordonSkywalker
Watched XMen on a tape I got from Blockbuster. Pretty good. Liked Logan and Rogue the best. I also like Patrick Stewart anyway, so he's really cool as Xavier.

Augeybana
Patrick Stewart looked to much like Xavier.Wolverine was the best though.

LanceWindu
Some updated news on what you guys were asking in here.

X2 comes out in theaters May 2.

And I think Mystique should also wear her white outfit with the belt made with small skulls.

Also there is a title change for the movie.

It is now X2: X-Men United.

LanceWindu
In the novelization they kind of hint at Mystique being Nightcrawlers' mother. So maybe it will all play out.

The guy who plays Pyro in X2 is Aaron Stanford, you can find his filmography here .

GordonSkywalker
Ah! Thanks for sharing the info with us, Lance!

Augeybana
Great info lance can't wait till taht movie come out.

GordonSkywalker
Neither can I. I hadn't even realised the novelisation of the new film was out yet. But then, I am only just recently getting into XMen.

Augeybana
Yeah the first one was good to see your favorite comics hero use their powers it's great.

GordonSkywalker
I enjoyed it a lot. Nice to watch something other than Star Wars!

Augeybana
Yeah I watch only Quintin Turritino movies at one time.

GordonSkywalker
I was really into sci-fi films during the past three years, but I got burned out from all that fiction. So I took a break and only now am I even watching tv again. And when I do, it's usually sitcoms or comedies.

Augeybana
Yeah there a lot of reality T.V though on almost every channel.It's insane.

GordonSkywalker
I hate reality TV. It all started with The Real World back in 1992,and now there's about ten or twenty of them! It is insane!

Augeybana
True I only like two of them but bridezilla,survior these shows suck.

GordonSkywalker
Never heard of bridezilla. Sounds awful.

Member.
reality shows r really popular now.

GordonSkywalker
I don't think 'popular' covers it, my friend. I think the media is over- saturated with the idea.

Rave
Most reality shows are stupid.

Augeybana
Yeah and the thing is these reality's shows make good rating sometime expect these to be here for a long time.

GordonSkywalker
I shudder when I recall the night I accidentally turned onto "The Bachelor". The music and the tension was horrific.

GordonSkywalker
By the way, back to X Men. The official souveneir magazine for X2 is coming out April 22nd. Just found out today. Pass it on.

Augeybana
Oh really thanks for the info.

GordonSkywalker
I am going to get a copy when it comes out in the bookstores.

Augeybana
Wonder how it cost.

GordonSkywalker
That I do not know, augey. I hope it isn't ludicrously priced or something. Oh and I found the novelisation in Books -a- Million this afternoon but wasn't ready to ruin the suspense and suprises of the film, just in case I actually go and see it when it hits theaters. I haven't been to the movies for a few years, I think.Possibly as far back as the Special Edition of the original Star Wars. X2 and Anger Management are two films I really would like to see when they come out.

Augeybana
Yeah X men 2 starts the summer blockbusters movies with The Matrix 2 right after on MAy 15

GordonSkywalker
Patrick Stewart did a great job as Xavier, I thought. I grew up watching him on Star Trek, so I was already used to seeing him in a role of leadership combined with wisdom. He and Logan had some of the best scenes in the first movie. I didn't like Cyclops, though. Mystique and Rogue were pretty good as well. And Magneto was fully realised by such a great actor. The casting people did a splendid job for the most part.

Augeybana
Yeah Stewart looked more like he's character then anyone else.Wolverine kickass.But I was expecting Roque to have a more deeper southern accent.But Anna Paquin did a great job though.And your right Cyclops wasn't to interesting at all.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, Anna Paquin is a fine actress.

Augeybana
If you look that one of my interest on my profile.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I see! Good one, man. We can all go to the movies together and be our own 'Anna appreciation' society! I actually wrote her a fan letter today.

Augeybana
LOL.I'm up for it.Where was the fan site that you sent the letter.I went to see her bio it said she had no boyfreind and didn't won't one soon.I think I could change her mind. cool

GordonSkywalker
Yeah you're the man! I sent the address on an encoded frquency that you should have by now.

Augeybana
Yeah I got it thanks a million bro.I'll send you the wedding pics next month.But the honeymoon will cost $500.00.LOL.Anyway thanks.

GordonSkywalker
Check you later, augey. Got to get off for the Mom.Today is her birthday so gotta give her some consideration. Later...GS

Augeybana
Check you later bro hope your mother has a happy birthday.

Captain REX
Yep, this sounds exactly like X2 spoilers and news...

Augeybana
Sorry,But did anyone see the X2 website it has alot of info on the movie.

GordonSkywalker
Actually no I haven't seen it yet. What's the address?

Augeybana
http://x2-movie.com/

You got to check it out it's really cool.

GordonSkywalker
Very cool, augey.

Augeybana
one of the greatest website but I resevered a seat for the live chat rooms which is tormorrow but I won't be there till to late so I can't attened the chat.

Ushgarak
The problem with the X-Men franchise is that the cost of the stars is becoming astronomical.

Augeybana
Yeah but you have to pay the actors more than the first movie.And you have a great cast it hard to pay so little for thier services.But the budget of that movie is getting high.

GordonSkywalker
How high are we talking here?

BOPRecruit 16
who plays pyro and shadowcat? they must be new comers. even though the nightcrawler is weird, at least he's not all cgi like the hulk is. it would have been cool to see scarlet witch, gambit, wolfsbane, and the other mutants from x-men:evolution, animted series. ^.~

Augeybana
Were talking over 100 million but the new movies will cost much more.

GordonSkywalker
Ah, I see.

Augeybana
And keeping a movie with 7 characters with big roles is expensive not like spidreman where most of the cast money went to spiderman,green goblin,and Mary Jane.$$$$

GordonSkywalker
Oh yeah. I can see it would be quite expensive for all those characters being involved. Each actor/actress must command quite a bit of $ for something like that. By the way I saw the trailer for X2 on tv today. It rocked the house man!

Augeybana
I was in complete awe.It was great seeing the characters in real life.The X men show is cool but not really great though.

GordonSkywalker
Seeing comic book characters come to life is always fun.....or at least it almost always is. Some big screen adaptations don't do so great.

Augeybana
I heard there doing a DBZ movie that would be cool.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah? Might work if it's done properly I think.

Augeybana
Yeah like the movie mortal kombat it was good the first one but the sequeal really sucked a little bit.They were just throwing characters left and right.It all has too flow together.

GordonSkywalker
Agreed. Mortal Kombat 2 was kind of dumb.

Augeybana
I watched the show of X men and it's a little weird.Rogue doesn't have a southren accent at all it's more of a ghetto voice.And the voice of wolverine was too bad and what's up with he's claws there strange.But it pretty cool though.

GordonSkywalker
I haven't seen that show in a long time. I don't remember much from it.

Augeybana
Are you talking about the one that gave on fox that don't give anymore or are you talking about the new one called X men evolution on cartoon network.

GordonSkywalker
The one on Fox. I did catch the one on the cartoon network just the other night. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

Augeybana
I liked the one on fox because it had a better wolverine but I like the new characters in the new show.

GordonSkywalker
yeah Evolution is terrific!

Augeybana
They look interesting as teenagers.I didn't know it has 3 seasons.

GordonSkywalker
Three seasons of X-Men:Evolution? I didn't know it either, augey.

Augeybana
I think the first look is coming out this week on HBO.

GordonSkywalker
Excellent!

Augeybana
i think I'm going to get reserved tickets for X2 it might be sold out like spider man when it came out.

GordonSkywalker
Yes we are rapidly approaching May 2nd aren't we? If I am lucky I might go see it in the theater when it comes out- or I might wait a few weeks. So I don't get caugt up in a large mob of people eager to get inside.Right now we only have two theaters here-one is a dollar-only that shows movies months after they have left the main theater-which will be the only one playing X2. It's absurd but they closed down all the rest in favor of a new 16-screen cinema currently under construction.

Augeybana
A dollar!! That pretty good for a movie and those 16 cinema are very expansive.

LanceWindu
Yeah, we have a 6 screen here, and matinee prices are only $5.

GordonSkywalker
Goodness me! I had not even considered it might be sold out! And those prices you guys quoted are astounding!

Augeybana
I got a free ticket that I'm using for X2 but I'm going to get The matrix 2 resevered.This is going to be a competive summer.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah and just wait until Hulk and T3 are out! You're right, this is going to be quite competitive!

Augeybana
Just think on how the dvd are going to be.

GordonSkywalker
One more thing to add: Anna Paquin was interviewed somewhere recently and said she has more to do in this film than in the first one. Plus her character Rogue gets to have some interplay with Bobby's character, renamed Iceman. So it appears she has gained control of her powers. Or else Bobby is in for quite a shock when they kiss! big grin

Augeybana
yeah that bobby trying to steal my girl...well I'm going to have to teach him a lesson.....yessssss evil face ......

GordonSkywalker
Have you written her yet? Woo her with flowers & candy and she'll send that Bobby off to another dimension! Imagine his nerve.... laughing out loud

Augeybana
I have the letter I just need to get my lazing but up to send it to her.GS I was thinking of taking her to the beach,flashy dinner you know....but I don't care how many powers Bobby got's I'll fight him......

GordonSkywalker
Hey use those secret powers of yours and watch him melt! Then you'll have no competition at all!

Augeybana
LOL.I'm telling you GS I'm crazing enough.But X@ is the first movie of the summer blockbuster competion hope at the first two weeks it make money because The Matrix 2 comes out two weeks after X2.

GordonSkywalker
That close? Let's hope X2 makes lots of cash then! big grin

Augeybana
Here's hoping.

GordonSkywalker
Now I have finally run out of things to say. How long before we close?

Augeybana
Hey moderator me and GS ran out of things to talk about unless anybody else has something to say then you can close it.

LanceWindu
X2 opens in just a few days.

And tonight on HBO they are going to do a short little behind the scenes type of thing.

And on FOX last Sunday they aired a mocknews type thing and showed scenes and stuff of the movie.

I can't wait.

GordonSkywalker
It's coming! It's coming!

Augeybana
I think this is going to be a good summer for movie's buff's starting it off of course X2..

Sünden
I would have never thought Alan Cummings as Nightcrawler... but now that I see it in the previews, I can't help but love it.
Who's the casting director for the movie? He or she is a genius.

GordonSkywalker
Saw the trailer again on tv. Looks great! Will surpass the earlier film.

Augeybana
Yeah I loved it so much I joined a X-Men rpg.

GordonSkywalker
What kind of avatar is that augey??

Augeybana
That's my man Rorouni Kenshin or Hiomori Battosei.It's a samurai show on cartoon network.Really good.

Julie
wow....what language is that....j/k ...I never heard of the first but I did see part of Samurai Jack

Augeybana
Yeah but this one ain't a comedy.But it has it laugh's once in while.

Julie
is the laugh well placed?

Augeybana
yeah but it's a more serious show.Funny whensomething funny about to happen Kenshin eyes always bulge out it's so funny.

Ushgarak
Errr... please keep this one on topic. I am not going to close it as the film is just about to come out and I would only have to open it again.

GordonSkywalker
For the most part Ush, we have been pretty much on topic. Considering there are only a few of us posting regularly here it is quite hard to stay completely on topic and come up with relevant stuff to say about X2.

Ushgarak
Then best not to post in the topic at all then, until you do.

GordonSkywalker
As you wish.

Sünden
Samurai Jack is a comedy? Last I checked it was a pure action drama cartoon, obviously with a few quirks of comedy. Great show BTW.

Someone I know said that Striker would be the main villain for this. If so it explains the subtitle. Can't wait for this.

sentinelrv
I loved the movie. I thought it was better than the first. More action, more twists to the story. What did you think? You can also ask questions if you didn't understand something in it.

There probably will be spoilers so go to the theaters and watch the movie before reading and posting.

Captain Tupolov
It was excellent. I think it would have been even better if one thing had been different. *may contain spoiler*

When the spec ops guys were attacking the house, we should have seen Wolverine say "I'll take care of the police".Then it does to the top floor of the mansion. He's carrying a minigun, he kicks a desk through the window. Then he goes to the window and begins shooting the helicopters. It would be just like T2.

Rave
X2 is ten times better then first one.
Tupolov why do you want it like T2?I thought the movie is good the way it is.

sentinelrv
This really has spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't scroll down unless you have seen the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand something. Jean was acting strange through the whole movie. In the beginning she could hear everything and stuff and caused some kind of power surge. When the missiles were about to hit their ship her eyes turned turned a funny color like red fire and it seemed liked her power got boosted and knocked the missle away. But the second missile, she seemed to lose control with. When Cyclops was fighting Jean, her eyes turned firelike again and had an even bigger boost of power that just about blew up the dam. When the dam broke, she went outside and parted the waves and killed herself.

Is she really dead???? Why did Professor Xavier look out the window and smile at the end. Right after that it showed the lake again and Jean was talking about mutation. And also in the water I thought I saw a shadow of a giant bird. Is this just my imagination?

I never really watched the cartoon, but I remember seeing an episode where something happened to Jean. I think it was her. She was suffering from something that she couldn't control. I think it was called the red sphinx or something like that. Is there anybody that might be able to explain this. Maybe we could come up with a theory of what is going on.

sentinelrv
I'm sorry, it is not called the red sphinx. It is called the Pheonix.

Rave
I hope she's the good Pheonix.

DRAGO
From what Ive heard it looks like she will be the bad Pheonix in part 3.

Anyway catch The Beast on the TV screen in the bar when Mystiques playing the hooker. Or Gambits name when Mystique is on the computer.

sentinelrv
Hey, uh I don't know what you're talking about.(good/bad pheonix)
I never really watched the show. Could somebody please explain for me and others that don't know.

Ushgarak
No point trying to predict it too much- the film plot will likely be divergent from the comics.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>