The Avengers 2012

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jhonebrin
i have only watched trailer yet..it was superb.i think it will be biggest successful movie of 2012....tell me guys...what do you think about this movie.....

roughrider
Already a thread for this in the Comic Book Movies section.

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
Already a thread for this in the Comic Book Movies section.

But most folks don't go into there

just like a while back someone had to start up a thread for the Thor movie.

Mr. Marshall
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2011/07/captain_america.jpg
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2011/07/thor2.jpg

Yeah I'm stoked.

jinXed by JaNx
im ready for sure. Was surprised they showed so much in the trailer.

miiih

Impediment
This movie is going to make more money than God.

3-D, IMAX, and merchandising alone will make bank.

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to watching this, but only 2 d, won't be spending an extra $14 bucks for only 3-5 scenes in 3 d

marwash22
pXxb0Yj68Dc

ares834
Yep, an incredibly awesome trailer. I am now offically pumped up about this movie.

KingD19
You know Hulk is badass when he powers through a blind side like a baws.

Oh, I'm 400 feet in the air and get knocked around by a ship; let me just kill this other ship right quick.

marwash22
lol. b!tchslapped an aircraft outta the sky.

KingD19
Loki: I have an army.

Stark: We have a Hulk.

Loki: -under his breath- Shit!!

Patient_Leech
Is Hollywood on some mission to have as many different people play Hulk as possible? lol

KingD19
Well Norton was basically being a dick, so they recast Hulk.

As for Bana becoming Norton. Those were different companies with the HUlk license.

marwash22
first Hulk never happened. u imagined it.

ares834
Originally posted by KingD19
Well Norton was basically being a dick, so they recast Hulk.

Where was this stated? All I know is Marvel's report was incredibly rude.

Masterbammer
Damn I cant wait for this movie!

super pr*xy
hells yeah they have the hulk.. hulk like a boss..

first loki was like "i have an army.." miffed:

then tony was like "we have the hulk.." no expression

then hulk was like g_hulk

then loki was like fffuuu

steverules_2
Seriously that part of the trailer could just be the movie itself, screw TDKR 131 Let the hate PM's begin biscuits

Placidity
I hate to say it, but Superman from Returns would have solo'ed Loki and his whole army...

U MAD? U MAD?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Placidity
I hate to say it, but Superman from Returns would have solo'ed Loki and his whole army...

U MAD BRO? BRO R U MAD?

Fixt!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
Seriously that part of the trailer could just be the movie itself, screw TDKR 131 Let the hate PM's begin biscuits

Dont you talk shit about Batman!! mad He will scratchy-voice yell at you until he is blue in the face and ur ass is on the ground!! mad

Robtard
Is it just me, or does this Hulk look to be a little on the Trisomy 21 side?

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6830/hulktard.jpg

Do like the look overall though.

marwash22
say that to his face.

Robtard
As long as you smile at retards while insulting them, they don't know any better.

Kazenji
That imageshack link is taking a long time to load for me...

The Big O
You know Hulk is badass when he powers through a blind side like a baws.

Oh, I'm 400 feet in the air and get knocked around by a ship; let me just kill this other ship right quick.

Originally posted by marwash22
lol. b!tchslapped an aircraft outta the sky.

Loki: I have an army.

Stark: We have a Hulk.

Loki: -under his breath- Shit!!

Best part of the trailer sp_ike

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
That imageshack link is taking a long time to load for me...

I also posted it as an image in the post, odd that you can't see it.

steverules_2
I was reading empire magazine and I dunno if they were joking but I think at one point cap tells hulk to smash, if that happens....I will geekasm all over

marwash22
i could see that happening.

The Big O
Gosh, KMC needs a like button...I feel the exact same way, Steve

steverules_2
I hope it happens

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Is it just me, or does this Hulk look to be a little on the Trisomy 21 side?

Takes one to know one. stick out tongue

Sorry, couldn't help myself. But now that you mention it, maybe a little. Can't really see the ears too well, but the eyes aren't bulging very much. But that could just be because he's angry.. lol. In any case, I think I'd attribute it to poor character design rather than Downs Syndrome.

Robtard
Lol, no worries.

I still like the design overall, somewhat of an in-between of Hulk and The Incredible Hulk designs. Certainly is better than the rubber-doll-like look of Lee's movie, but not so ripped/veiny as Norton's. Might be my favorite one, will have to see it in the film.

Patient_Leech
Well, if you know me, then you know that I actually prefer the Ang Lee version, but I'm aware that I'm in the minority (click).

Robtard
Are you talking about the story? Cos I've grown to like Hulk about as much as I like The Incredible Hulk. I watched Hulk opening night and enjoyed it, but thought it lacked. Upon watching it at home a couple more times, it's really a solid film.

Character design though, The Incredible Hulk is far superior. I still don't care for the rubber-look of Hulk. But it's also what 4-5 years older?

Patient_Leech
I haven't really taken much time to compare the character design between the two Hulk movies. That didn't interest me as much. I didn't have a problem with Ang Lee's Hulk design. If anything I thought the 2008 version was too focused on having things "look cool," instead of telling an interesting, emotionally gripping story (the director is kind of an immature, young, dorky kid). I found the 2003 Hulk to be much more psychologically appealing. I know it's a little more depressing (perhaps that's the wrong word) in its nature, but that kind of tone appeals to me more, anyway. The performances were much better in Ang Lee's version, I think. Nick Nolte was great. Although, I did really like Liv Tyler, but alas, she couldn't save the movie on her own.

KingD19
I'm still confused as to why Nick Nolte became Poppa Absorbing Man.

Patient_Leech

Yeah, that whole part kind of lost me, too. The ending is silly, but I love the rest of the movie.

Kazenji
Special effects supervisor talks about the opening sequence

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169599-special-effects-supervisor-talks-avengers-opening-sequence

ares834
Sounds awesome! Glad to hear they are utilizing Hulk well.

markwillson01
I watched it's trailer. It is fantastic...........

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
Glad to hear they are utilizing Hulk well.

Yeah, dude. Can't wait for this scene...

laughing

T.M
New trailer.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

rudester
It looks like a movie that would have been made in 1998..."doesnt really look like it offers anything". LOOKS LAME!!!

roughrider
Poster!

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, that whole part kind of lost me, too. The ending is silly, but I love the rest of the movie.

He had experimented on himself(which he passed on genetically to Bruce), which is why he changed as well when he shot himself with gamma-radiation.

KingD19
I understand why it happened. I just don't understand why they did it.

Robtard
"Especially the Hulk. They let the Hulk be Hulk and that's great. He acts more like the comic book Hulk"

What exactly does that mean considering there are many varieties of Hulk throughout his comic-run history?

Ultimate Hulk would be kinda funny to see, but I doubt they'd use that persona.

steverules_2
That 2nd trailer...damn, when hulk saves Iron Man that was another cool moment and Thor vs Iron Man...kick ass!

Patient_Leech
Despite a bunch of mediocre movies being combined into one, it looks pretty good. Which is probably due to Joss Whedon's involvement.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by T.M
New trailer.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

good trailer.. i hate paying $13 dollars but i can't wait to see this

steverules_2
I get a student ticket cuz they have machines where you can stick your card in and just do it yourself

Mr. Rhythmic
Despite a bunch of mediocre movies being combined into one

"Iron Man," "Captain America," and "The Incredible Hulk" were all some of the best superhero movies I've ever seen.
"Thor" was a really good film.
"Iron Man 2" was ok, and the closest of any to mediocrity.

Nephthys
thumb up

KingD19
That new trailer is the sex. There's obviously going to be tons of tension especially between Iron Man and THor, then Thor and Hulk.

marwash22
any word on a run time?

i really hope it's more than 90 mins

KingD19
It has to be. Any less and there will be riots in the streets. So much nerd rage.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
"Iron Man," "Captain America," and "The Incredible Hulk" were all some of the best superhero movies I've ever seen.

I would say the Wolverine Origins was the closest to mediocre. Iron Man 2 was a tad better.

I gave W:O a 6 and IM2 a 6.5.

But..............I don't believe W:O counts in what you're talking about.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by dadudemon
I would say the Wolverine Origins was the closest to mediocre. Iron Man 2 was a tad better.

I gave W:O a 6 and IM2 a 6.5.

But..............I don't believe W:O counts in what you're talking about.

Yeah, I mean the Marvel Studios-Exclusive films in the Avengerverse.

And personally, I hate "Wolverine." That movie's a piece of trash, imo.

Nemesis X
Lately, Hulk's been looking silly. Almost prefer the 2008 version.

So I hear that Loki's army are Skrulls. Wonder if this means Super Skrull will be making an appearence.

Nephthys
That would be kind of wierd without the Fantastic Four.

marwash22
yeah, that;s not happening considering the F4 franchise is dead.

BruceSkywalker
any word on a run time?

i really hope it's more than 90 mins

i am going to assume 2 1/2 to 2 hrs and 45mins..

Patient_Leech
What the fu*k are Skrulls?

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic

I really didn't like Captain America or The Incredible Hulk. Also, the key phrase there is: "some of the best superhero movies." They're still silly superhero movies.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Nephthys

Isn't it already weird that there are Skrulls in this movie without the Fantastic Four?

What the fu*k are Skrulls?

Seriously?

Mr. Rhythmic
the key phrase there is: "some of the best superhero movies." They're still silly superhero movies.

Man, do I disagree with that. Yeah, they have superheroes. You know what else they have? Great characterization, beautiful effects sequences, great action, good dialogue, and thrilling moments that balance both humor and drama. I call that good movies.

Nephthys
Captain America is in my top 5 superhero movies.

Dark Knight

Watchmen

Kickass

Captain America

Spiderman 2

And yes, the Superhero genre has progressed to the point where they are legitimately good movies. Dark Knight, Watchmen and Kickass are brilliant movies period imo.

marwash22
first off, was it confirmed that they are Skrulls? linkage?

dadudemon

Super Skrull has fought Thor, before, in 616. So it is possible.

Edit - Took me a while to find something but here's some "scans":

EaujI5Wi0Rc

Also, at one point, SHIELD had Kl'rt imprisoned so that could be a "backdrop" IF Super Skrull is supposed to be in this film.

My opinion? I hope he is not one of the main villains. Let's keep it at Loki.

Captain America is in my top 5 superhero movies.

Dark Knight

Watchmen

Kickass

Captain America

Spiderman 2

And yes, the Superhero genre has progressed to the point where they are legitimately good movies. Dark Knight, Watchmen and Kickass are brilliant movies period imo.

Interesting. Except for Captain America being in my top five, I agree with everything.

Where do we go from here? Hold hands while eating icecream? I don't know what to do...

Nephthys
Super Skrull has fought Thor, before, in 616. So it is possible.

Edit - Took me a while to find something but here's some "scans":

EaujI5Wi0Rc

Also, at one point, SHIELD had Kl'rt imprisoned so that could be a "backdrop" IF Super Skrull is supposed to be in this film.

My opinion? I hope he is not one of the main villains. Let's keep it at Loki.

I mean that it would be pretty hard to explain his powers without them. You can't really just say that he has the powers of the Fantastic Four without the Fantastic Four present. And if they did mention them then you're stuck wondering where they are. Just too awkard imo. But maybe the movie will surprise me.

Interesting. Except for Captain America being in my top five, I agree with everything.

Where do we go from here? Hold hands while eating icecream? I don't know what to do...

Ehehe, what would you have instead? I guess Iron Man is pretty good...

marwash22
And if they did mention them then you're stuck wondering where they are. Just too awkard imo.. This plays into the reason i always wanna know if all the Marvel movies take place in the same universe, at the same time. This seems to be a huge invasion so it would make no sense that none of the other heroes show up to help... Spidey, the X-men, Ghost Rider.

dadudemon

super pr*xy
zomg eek! the new trailer is the droolio so.. much.. epic.. win.. gwah

Nemesis X
This plays into the reason i always wanna know if all the Marvel movies take place in the same universe, at the same time. This seems to be a huge invasion so it would make no sense that none of the other heroes show up to help... Spidey, the X-men, Ghost Rider.

I always thought they were in the same universe and only thought the only reason other heroes are never shown is because the movie has to focus on the protagonists due to the film's namesake but IMO, it wouldn't hurt showing some of them just as long as they aren't focused on too much.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Lately, Hulk's been looking silly. Almost prefer the 2008 version.

So I hear that Loki's army are Skrulls. Wonder if this means Super Skrull will be making an appearence.

Your slow on the news Marvel has denied that rumor about the skrulls

Nemesis X
Your slow on the news Marvel has denied that rumor about the skrulls

Not trying to be desperate when I ask this but care to provide a link to this information?

Kazenji
Looks like no one else is gonna post it for this thread

tY9DnBNJFTI

Kazenji
Not trying to be desperate when I ask this but care to provide a link to this information?

Can't be ****ed looking for the link

they denied it like 2 months back

hang on i found it.....

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=53286

Nemesis X
Can't be ****ed looking for the link

they denied it like 2 months back

hang on i found it.....

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=53286

Well now I'm disappointed sad

Kazenji
Looks like no one else is gonna post it for this thread

tY9DnBNJFTI

dadudemon
Just saw the new trailer. It looks like Avengers vs. Transformers (from Transformers III).

jalek moye
Liked Caps costume in his solo film more then this one

Kazenji
Just saw the new trailer. It looks like Avengers vs. Transformers (from Transformers III).

But very little comparison's to that movie.

the ninjak
That trailer was freakin HUGE!

Hulk saving Ironman was awesome. My balls are tingling.

siriuswriter
Who's ScarJo playing, and what superhero is the archer dude?

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Who's ScarJo playing, and what superhero is the archer dude?

The Black Widow. Hawkeye.

RE: Blaxican
Yup, the two most absolutely useless heroes on the team by far.

Especially Hawkeye, as Black Widow at least has the novelty of using a weapon that fires its projectile at supersonic speeds.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Yup, the two most absolutely useless heroes on the team by far.

Especially Hawkeye, as Black Widow at least has the novelty of using a weapon that fires its projectile at supersonic speeds.

LoL, Rambo 2. You know nothing.

marwash22
Who's ScarJo playing, and what superhero is the archer dude? the irrelevant ones.

ares834
Very true.

So what are everyones' theroies on the aliens?

I'm thinking they are the Sons of Muspell and that the huge robot at the end is a mechanical version of the Midgard Serpent. It jut seems that this race would best fit with the cosmology that have been set up by the prior movies.

Nemesis X
Well I think the aliens are now seen outside their mechs in this trailer at 00:30.

bGt-saFvkNk

Can anyone now guess who these guys are?

ares834
Well, yeah. But what do you think they are?

Nemesis X

Honestly? I have no idea. I was hoping you guys would tell me. For awhile, I thought they were Skrulls until Kazenji told me otherwise.

marwash22
Very true.

So what are everyones' theroies on the aliens?

I'm thinking they are the Sons of Muspell and that the huge robot at the end is a mechanical version of the Midgard Serpent. It jut seems that this race would best fit with the cosmology that have been set up by the prior movies. if that's the Midgard serpent, it's been nerfed.

rudester
this movie looks gay...

Robtard
Well I think the aliens are now seen outside their mechs in this trailer at 00:30.

Can anyone now guess who these guys are?

Mother****ing Skrulls, yo.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5787/mothereffingskrullsyo.jpg

Maybe Chitauri?

This writer thinks it's the Sons of Muspell: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/05/lokis-army-revealed-avengers-superbowl-trailer-know-who-they-ish/

ares834
I hope not. Plus they claimed they aren't Skrulls.

As for Chitauri those are the same thing as Skrulls just a different name.

Robtard
Originally posted by rudester
this movie looks gay...

Only thing gay about is it gets released in the UK a week earlier than the US.

Robtard
I hope not. Plus they claimed they aren't Skrulls.

As for Chitauri those are the same thing as Skrulls just a different name.

Yes and no, as the Skrulls did show up in Earth-1610 eventually, though they still might be linked as being a related species.

Nephthys
It could be the Kree.

roughrider

I'm guessing it's the Phalanx.

ares834
Yes and no, as the Skrulls did show up in Earth-1610 eventually, though they still might be linked as being a related species.

Did they? Never been a fan of the Ultimate Universe.

I guess they could work then.

Robtard
Did they? Never been a fan of the Ultimate Universe.

I guess they could work then.

That article I posted, does put forth a good vibe for it being the Sons of Muspell though, so you may well be correct.

Though I read/saw elsewhere of promotional Avengers movie toys, like the cheap plastic kind you'd get in a Happy Meal box; one looked exactly like a Skrull. So.

super pr*xy
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6165/normaldemotivpic6997ave.jpg

Robtard
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwq848W8uZ1qhzfvio1_500.jpg

Johansson's ass disagrees that it's over-hyped.

wakkawakkawakka
I wonder how this movie will explain how the US army can't deal with invaders but Scarlet Johanson and all of her stunt-doubles' glory can.

Not saying this will be bad. In fact I have high hopes for this but Hawkeye and Black Widow kind of suck. suprised Pym and Wasp didn't make it in; even though I think they're lame.

Robtard
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I wonder how this movie will explain how the US army can't deal with invaders but Scarlet Johanson and all of her stunt-doubles' glory can.

Not saying this will be bad. In fact I have high hopes for this but Hawkeye and Black Widow kind of suck. suprised Pym and Wasp didn't make it in; even though I think they're lame.

"We have a Hulk" -Tony Stark

steverules_2

Johansson's ass disagrees that it's over-hyped.

Right click...and saved big grin Anyone got some kleenex? 131

marwash22

Johansson's ass disagrees that it's over-hyped. Using ScarJo as tool to counter a post about something being overrated.

the irony.

Robtard
Using ScarJo as tool to counter a post about something being overrated.

the irony.

A straight-man would agree that Scarlet is one hot woman.

marwash22
i see no contradiction. 313

dadudemon
Yeah, many parallels to that movie.

Corrected for accuracy.

A massive blaster shooty pew pew fight, in a large city, with large robotic looking alien invaders, over the top explosions, "city" chase scenes, "layered" scaly looking ships, and a gigantic worm/snake thingie tunneling through larger downtown towers?

NOPE! It's DEFINITELY does not look like the Avengers vs. Transformers III.

the ninjak
People actually are complaining here that the film looks average to lame????

f'n whiney trolls. Go back to Youtube.

Patient_Leech
http://i.qkme.me/353ja6.jpg

I'm expecting it to be good, because Whedon writes good villains. The villain in Serenity was excellent. So Loki should be fun to watch.

Kazenji

A massive blaster shooty pew pew fight, in a large city, with large robotic looking alien invaders, over the top explosions, "city" chase scenes, "layered" scaly looking ships, and a gigantic worm/snake thingie tunneling through larger downtown towers?

NOPE! It's DEFINITELY does not look like the Avengers vs. Transformers III.

Well it does'nt erm

i have'nt seen no robot invaders, They look like some sort of alien life form wearing grey armor

the only thing i see with this movie and Transformers 3 is people running around in the streets and that giant flying ship near the end, that ends it for there for the parallels.

Esau Cairn
i see no contradiction. 313

And everyone knows contradiction rhymes with....ERECTION!!!

ScarJo's ass is one of the best opening sequences to a movie that I've ever seen... wink

-Pr-
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Please; Pym would beat the aliens by himself.

Nephthys
Yes, Pym is very experienced at beating.

/obligatory Hank Pym domestic abuse joke

siriuswriter
I just rewatched the newest trailer, that looks really pitiful at the end when the camera's circling the heroes, Iron Man is descending and being all "machine-y," Thor looks epic, Hulk is huge, and they they come round to the Black Widow and she takes the safety off her gun, and the only effect is the little "chh-CHHH"

laughing

marwash22

/obligatory Hank Pym domestic abuse joke Janet is a mouthy cvnt.

Hermoine02
BEst movie of this year thanks for sharing.

Kazenji
Whats up with the bots from Australia??

dadudemon
Well it does'nt erm

i have'nt seen no robot invaders, They look like some sort of alien life form wearing grey armor

the only thing i see with this movie and Transformers 3 is people running around in the streets and that giant flying ship near the end, that ends it for there for the parallels.

And don't forget everything else I mentioned.

If I had the time, I could do a video matchup to show you have similar it is. The same cinematographic sequences were used and everything.

By the way, I didn't dislike Transformers III at all (I think I gave it a 6 or a 7). smile

Getting an Avengers version of Transformers III would be awesome.

/obligatory Hank Pym domestic abuse joke

OHHH SNAP! laughing

Kazenji
And don't forget everything else I mentioned.

If I had the time, I could do a video matchup to show you have similar it is. The same cinematographic sequences were used and everything.

By the way, I didn't dislike Transformers III at all (I think I gave it a 6 or a 7). smile

Getting an Avengers version of Transformers III would be awesome.

I just don't see the parallels between the the two unlike you

then again it is you.

the ninjak
I just rewatched the newest trailer, that looks really pitiful at the end when the camera's circling the heroes, Iron Man is descending and being all "machine-y," Thor looks epic, Hulk is huge, and they they come round to the Black Widow and she takes the safety off her gun, and the only effect is the little "chh-CHHH"

laughing

I wrote a big complaint. Then deleted it. I not gonna bother anymore.

I boil it down to pessimism.

The whole point of the Avengers is the sacrifice. It doesn't matter how strong you are or how smart. Just the cause if it is true.

I've noticed that kids today only care about heroes if they are strong. Not if they are righteous. How fast is he, how durable is he, how strong is he???
The reason why Batman always held the publics wonder was because he was just a man who could hold his own with the heavy weights using his ingenuity. Skill and instincts.

I just hope BW and HE kickass.

Patient_Leech
Whats up with the bots from Australia??

*Looks at Kazenj* I've been wondering the same thing.

j/k, bro. stick out tongue

Patient_Leech

laughing

You see, to me she's actually the most badass cuz she doesn't have all the silly costume shit. Captain America looks particularly retarded. But maybe my eye just goes to her because she's so goddamn gorgeous, heh. And I got the impression that she was loading another clip into the gun, not taking off the safety.

siriuswriter
She probably was, I know next-to-nothing about guns. It was just so anti-climactic, it made me giggle. big grin

the ninjak
She probably was, I know next-to-nothing about guns. It was just so anti-climactic, it made me giggle. big grin

Heh. Fair enough. But a single woman can make a difference. She says to Hawkeye in the trailer as SHIELD agents "we weren't trained for this" yet she stands strong amongst the impending invasion.

I'm looking forward to the film's response to mere humans taking on such threats. Kinda like Mulder and Scully if they were battle trained operatives with advanced tech.

In the animated series Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes... they were by far the most entertaining characters. And had the coolest sneak tech. I hope the film personifies it.

roughrider

Hey, she has a gun, but Hawkeye's got a bow & arrow. They have a bigger sell job as to what he's going to contribute to the proceedings.

(People familiar with the comics know he has a talent for getting in the right place at the right time to take a crucial shot.)

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by the ninjak
Kinda like Mulder and Scully if they were battle trained operatives with advanced tech.

laughing

the ninjak
laughing

I'm happy I make someone laugh. big grin

Patient_Leech
Like the federal government would give advanced technology to the section of the Bureau that's investigating the very things they are trying to hide... pssh.

the ninjak
Like the federal government would give advanced technology to the section of the Bureau that's investigating the very things they are trying to hide... pssh.

Dude these guys are there killers. Their assassins. The information gatherers.....pssh.

I guess Mulder and Scully where not the best choice in the end of comparison. But off the top of my head they seemed like a fine comparison geez. Rogue agents in the line of fire who have particular access to the truth. Exposing secret societies in risk of their own safety. They don't know who to trust even amongst each other. Damn.

Kazenji
hjwBfgDVUS0

Myth
Trailer 2 definitely gave me more of a Michael Bay feel than X-Men. Growing skeptical about this movie, but will see it because of the fanboy in me.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Myth
Trailer 2 definitely gave me more of a Michael Bay feel than X-Men.

That's because you're smart and unbiased in your assessments. 313

Originally posted by Myth
Growing skeptical about this movie, but will see it because of the fanboy in me.

Ditto.

the ninjak
Just ran the cinematic release version of the new Avengers trailer tonight. And I was surprised to see it had shortened scenes and showed some new ones.-

-Stark is seen mocking Cap's "Spangled Costume". The team laughs.

-Thor striking a cool victorious pose.

-Stark provoking Banner with an electric prod whilst working on some alien tech (which looks alot like Loki's staff) stating how in control Banner is now of the beast inside.

-And an extended scene with the circling of the team in the streets. Now with Hulk screaming.

Kazenji
erm

People just don't have faith in Joss regardless of his previous work.

dadudemon
erm

Because everything the Kubrick has ever done was a masterpiece, right?

Wait...that was a bad example.

K...how about this...

Everything Whedon has ever done was a masterpiece, right?

AHA! Gotcha, now!

Kazenji
Yeah.....good one for trying to be a cocky shit

just does'nt work with me your silly schoolboy tactics.

dadudemon
Yeah.....good one for trying to be a cocky shit

just does'nt work with me your silly schoolboy tactics.

laughing

Holy shit, man.

Myth
erm

I honestly don't. I don't know if I liked anything that he directed and very few things that he wrote. His involvement actually makes me less excited.

Patient_Leech
I should wash your mouth out with soup.. or wash your hands and keyboard with soap, lol...

Dude, I don't care who you are: Firefly/Serenity is fu<king great. He has a knack for handling multiple characters. And I like to think that if he had directed Alien Resurrection then it would have been a lot better, cuz it really wasn't badly written, just badly done by Frenchie. It is entertaining, though. So I honestly can't think of a BETTER person to do this otherwise Michael Bay wannabe garbage. And it actually does look pretty fun on the trailer, so that's a good sign. You can't blame them for making it look like Transformers considering the success of those shit films, but this will be far better with Joss' involvement.

ares834
I actually wasn't a big fan of Serenity...

It was good but not amazing. But the rest of his stuff was great.

Nephthys
I seriously fanboyed over Firefly and Serenity. Its just the sense of originality, charm and genuine love that makes it for me. But yeah, I loved Serenity. Maybe not so good if you havn't watched the series, but epic if you have.

Patient_Leech
I actually wasn't a big fan of Serenity...

It was good but not amazing. But the rest of his stuff was great.

Yeah, it helps to see the show, Firefly. That makes a big difference. Really good shit. thumb up I'd much rather see more Firefly/Serenity than Avengers, personally. Maybe this can help spark his success so he can continue it... *crosses fingers*

RE: Blaxican
Firefly was decent. The fact that it was basically red necks in space and Mal was a douchebag lessens its appeal, though.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>