Supergirl Vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
namor under water.

Zack Fair
Kara.

zeel
kara

leonidas
not namor....

tkitna
Kara wrecks him.

-Pr-
Pre reboot, I'd say Kara, though he gives her a hell of a time.

Mindset
Namor.

guy222
SG

nwg202
kara

Q99
Heatvision for the win.

Mindset
I don't know, I think the whole, under water aspect might get rid of it's usefulness.

cdtm
That makes it worse. Boiled alive, like a tasty lobster..

Q99
Kryptonian heat vision has enough strength to power through water and still have a lot of energy.

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
That makes it worse. Boiled alive, like a tasty lobster.. If we're assuming there isn't a large amount of water.Originally posted by Q99
Kryptonian heat vision has enough strength to power through water and still have a lot of energy. Except it will be less intense and slower, thus easier to dodge, also it being underwater means Namor will heal.

Q99
It won't be slower, it's basically a laser. It'll be a *bit* less intense, but 80-90% power heatvision is still incredibly deadly.

How much decline there is depends on the range, too. At point-blank it'll be near full. At long range, more reduction, but of course it's only when Namor gets in close is he dangerous so it's free damage.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
If we're assuming there isn't a large amount of water.

HV is hotter than the sun. Hell, Superman warmed the entire Earth once.. I wouldn't put it past a Kryptonian as being capable of boiling a body of water as large as an ocean, or even evaporating it..

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
It won't be slower, it's basically a laser. It'll be a *bit* less intense, but 80-90% power heatvision is still incredibly deadly.

How much decline there is depends on the range, too. At point-blank it'll be near full. At long range, more reduction, but of course it's only when Namor gets in close is he dangerous so it's free damage. And it will move slower under water.

No it's not, especially since he'll heal from the damage almost immediately.

I can see how you can say Kara will win, but if you honestly think it's because of hv, well, that's funny.

Q99
You don't have to boil the entire ocean. Only the stuff directly between you and the target.

Mindset
Because Namor can't move, ok, gotcha.

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm
HV is hotter than the sun. Hell, Superman warmed the entire Earth once.. I wouldn't put it past a Kryptonian as being capable of boiling a body of water as large as an ocean, or even evaporating it.. Supergirl isn't Superman.

Show me a similar display of power with her hv.

Q99
Originally posted by Mindset
Because Namor can't move, ok, gotcha.

No, he can move. But she can blast her at a distance and close up, so she has the option of getting in some shots at range.

Range is still an advantage.

leonidas
the hv would help, but i don't see it being the difference here. i just think she's stronger and even underwater likely faster and more durable. i think it's pretty close, and i don't think she would necessarily sweep, but she'd still take maybe 7/10 imo.

cdtm
How much would water really slow a high level speester down?

Even if it's by as much as 75%, that still puts her comfortably faster than him.

Q99
Originally posted by leonidas
the hv would help, but i don't see it being the difference here. i just think she's stronger and even underwater likely faster and more durable. i think it's pretty close, and i don't think she would necessarily sweep, but she'd still take maybe 7/10 imo.

I don't see it as being the main reason, but I'd think it'd add a few wins.

cdtm
Does Supergirl need to breath?

I think Superman stopped needing to, post DOS. Pre, he almost died drowning underwater until his mer girl saved him. But don't know if pre reboot, post DOS Supes is unique in not needing to breath so much anymore...

rotiart
Didn't current super girl forget all her powers?

akhenaten
Kara stomps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.