Lord Mar-vell vs Thor....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thor is in True Warriors Madness (x10 strength), has equipped his Belt of Strength (x2 strength; x20 strength at this point), and has equipped his Asgardian Battle Armor (significantly increases his durability)...

How does Lord Mar-vell fare against Thor under these conditions?

Fight to the Death or KO...no BFR.

quanchi112
Mar-vell wins.

Cogito
Mar-vell gets stomped

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
Mar-vell gets stomped Based on ?

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

Based on him doing nothing overly impressive.

If memory serves...

He was hurt by Nova
Beat up Nova a little
Hurt by Surfer
Broke Surfer's board (Surfer nearly instantly remade it anyways)
Beat up Nova some more, then left.

That's it. I still don't see what's all that impressive about him. Thor would have easily done all of those things. Hell, amped Thor probably would have one shot Nova the way unamped Thor one shot Angrir. Mar-vell didn't manage that.

quanchi112
Based on him doing nothing overly impressive.

If memory serves...

He was hurt by Nova
Beat up Nova a little
Hurt by Surfer
Broke Surfer's board (Surfer nearly instantly remade it anyways)
Beat up Nova some more, then left.

That's it. I still don't see what's all that impressive about him. Thor would have easily done all of those things. Hell, amped Thor probably would have one shot Nova the way unamped Thor one shot Angrir. Mar-vell didn't manage that. He wasn't hurt at all by Nova or the Surfer he treated them like minor annoyances and easily destroyed Surfer's board. He also oneshotted Magus to death by mistake.

Thor just recently couldn't even best a holding back Surfer let alone treat him like a minor annoyance. All of asgard was threatened and the guy needed space armor to take him on.

TheLordofMurder
He wasn't hurt at all by Nova or the Surfer he treated them like minor annoyances and easily destroyed Surfer's board. He also oneshotted Magus to death by mistake.

Thor just recently couldn't even best a holding back Surfer let alone treat him like a minor annoyance. All of asgard was threatened and the guy needed space armor to take him on.

The situation with Thor and Surfer doesnt apply here at all; this version of Thor would one-shot Surfer with ease...

TheLordofMurder
Mar-vell gets stomped

Dont forget to vote!

smile

Cogito
He wasn't hurt at all by Nova or the Surfer

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/novahurtmarvell.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/Surferhurtmarvell.jpg

he treated them like minor annoyances and easily destroyed Surfer's board. He also oneshotted Magus to death by mistake.

He treated Nova like a nuissance, sure. Nova's not all that impressive though. Other than breaking Surfer's board, he didn't hurt Surfer any more than Surfer hurt him.

As for Magus, he didn't try to defend himself at all and we don't really know much about how powerful he was. So big deal, Mar-vell one shot Magus. Unamped Thor one shot Angrir. It happens, I'm not impressed.

Can you stop making stuff up like that Surfer was holding back? Where was that ever said? It's not even relevant, as this is a much more amped Thor.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The situation with Thor and Surfer doesnt apply here at all; this version of Thor would one-shot Surfer with ease...

Don't push it.

TheLordofMurder
@Cogito

You really dont believe that a Mjolnir blow from Thor at x20 strength would fail to KO the Surfer do you?

bbrem123
to be honest that scan just shows how he was not hurt by either at all...he is talk trash while being hit

quanchi112
The situation with Thor and Surfer doesnt apply here at all; this version of Thor would one-shot Surfer with ease... Based on which Thor showings ?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/novahurtmarvell.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/Surferhurtmarvell.jpg

He treated Nova like a nuissance, sure. Nova's not all that impressive though. Other than breaking Surfer's board, he didn't hurt Surfer any more than Surfer hurt him.

As for Magus, he didn't try to defend himself at all and we don't really know much about how powerful he was. So big deal, Mar-vell one shot Magus. Unamped Thor one shot Angrir. It happens, I'm not impressed.

Can you stop making stuff up like that Surfer was holding back? Where was that ever said? It's not even relevant, as this is a much more amped Thor.

Don't push it. They didn't really do anything him to him either while the World Mind clearly states shields on full power. Knocking him back with a speed burst and attacking him without him taking them seriously proves my point.

Magus was very impressive while weakened so oneshotting him is impressive. Thor couldn't even best the Surfer and took him very seriously unlike Mar-vell.

Surfer was trying to talk him down in typical Surfer fashion. Surfer rarely goes all out. Refer to me then which Thor showings are relevant as pertaining to this thread ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by bbrem123
to be honest that scan just shows how he was not hurt by either at all...he is talk trash while being hit thumb up His scan helps my case.

Cogito
Originally posted by bbrem123
to be honest that scan just shows how he was not hurt by either at all...he is talk trash while being hit

No doubt he wasn't significantly hurt at all. But neither was Surfer, who had essentially the same reaction to being hit.

Nova was definitely hurt worse than Surfer though. Even Nova wasn't all that close to being KO'd and kept fighting through the series

TheLordofMurder
@Quanchi

Based on Blood and Thunder; Thor wasnt even in true Warriors Madness (and didnt have the Power Gem) and one-shot-KO'ed Surfer into a planet...in Surfers own comic (Blood and Thunder #2 if I remember correctly).

This version of Thor is far stronger than the version that KO'ed Surfer sans the Power Gem...

Cogito
Magus was very impressive while weakened so oneshotting him is impressive.

If he could have done it, wouldn't Mar-vell have one shot Nova or Surfer? Or at least knocked them out?

Instead he did relatively little damage. Nova was totally fine afterwords, and you couldn't even tell Surfer had fought.

JakeTheBank
To be frank, Thor doesn't need the massive amp to threaten Lord Mar-Vell.

With it, he wastes him.

quanchi112
@Quanchi

Based on Blood and Thunder; Thor wasnt even in true Warriors Madness (and didnt have the Power Gem) and one-shot-KO'ed Surfer into a planet...in Surfers own comic (Blood and Thunder #2 if I remember correctly).

This version of Thor is far stronger than the version that KO'ed Surfer sans the Power Gem... Surfer has changed since then all for the better and recently went up against Thor who was trying to defeat him yet was unable to do so. That Surfer isn't 'as formidable as him post Galactus change. So it is irrelevant.

If he could have done it, wouldn't Mar-vell have one shot Nova or Surfer? Or at least knocked them out?

Instead he did relatively little damage. Nova was totally fine afterwords, and you couldn't even tell Surfer had fought. He wasn't taking them seriously and in comics despite villains being far more powerful that doesn't mean they kill everyone in their path hence our versus matchups where heroes come to die.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
To be frank, Thor doesn't need the massive amp to threaten Lord Mar-Vell.

With it, he wastes him.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lttf1jRJyd1qinvno.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins. Hard.

Originally posted by zopzop
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lttf1jRJyd1qinvno.gif

Jake is absolutey correct.

But go ahead and press the subject, I'm in the mood to educate someone.

dmills
Aside from the obvious, why do people keep acting like Norrin wasn't hurt when he clearly was?

Marvell gets the benefit of the doubt around here because of his portrayal. He rather easily dismissed two extremely powerful heralds. Now admittedly neither were at there best in that brief encounter. Norrin (completely out of character) didn't use his powers at all and as we saw later, Nova was holding back a significant portion of his power. Both of those factors cast a small shadow of doubt next to Mar-vell imo. But he's still a badass.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was hurt but IIRC he got back up no worse for wear. An unamped Thor could elicit that much of a response.

Cogito
Originally posted by dmills
Aside from the obvious, why do people keep acting like Norrin wasn't hurt when he clearly was?

He was hurt, but he wasn't injured. There's a significant difference.

Now admittedly neither were at there best in that brief encounter.
Norrin (completely out of character) didn't use his powers at all
as we saw later, Nova was holding back a significant portion of his power.

dmills
He was hurt, but he wasn't injured. There's a significant difference.

Cool beans.

Nihilist
Can someone show me the comic where Marvell was "hurt" by Nova or Surfer because it never happened in the one i read.

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
Can someone show me the comic where Marvell was "hurt" by Nova or Surfer because it never happened in the one i read.

laughing out loud There is no such comic.

leonidas
nor, funny enough, is there a comic where mar-vell hurt ss. no expression

breaking the board is not all that impressive, tbh. it's happened too many times to be really indicative of anything really uber.

thor wins this. he's a bad forum match up for mar-vell WITHOUT amps. though i doubt very much the belt would increase his warrior madness strength by 2......

Nihilist
Originally posted by leonidas
nor, funny enough, is there a comic where mar-vell hurt ss. no expressionSurfer was down holding his head after the shot and was out for the rest of the fight.

Most if not all who have damaged the board have had to use so degree of force/Effort..Marvell did it with a casual energy backhand, big difference imo

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins. Hard.

But go ahead and press the subject, I'm in the mood to educate someone.

By all means "educate" me. But if anything posted is hyperbole or other garbage, I'll tell you were you can shove those scans. wink

dmills
Surfer was down holding his head after the shot and was out for the rest of the fight.

Most if not all who have damaged the board have had to use so degree of force/Effort..Marvell did it with a casual energy backhand, big difference imo

Word. Norrin screaming ARRRRGH should've been a dead giveaway. I'm sure he wasn't doing that because he was afraid of heights.

leonidas
Surfer was down holding his head after the shot and was out for the rest of the fight.

happen to have this scan, or know where it is posted?

that's a fair enough point. in most cases, you're likely correct.

dmills
@leo,

I have it in the Nova respect thread I think. Let me check.

leonidas
@leo,

I have it in the Nova respect thread I think. Let me check.

thumb up

dmills
Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up

Here you go bro...

http://img808.imageshack.us/f/ti4headshotcps018.jpg/

leonidas
Here you go bro...

hmm, seems he WAS hurt, but not downed. that was NOT the scan i was thinking of. good showing for mar-vell, no doubt. thanks for the scan. smile

still think thor wins, but, like i said, better showing than i recalled off-hand.

quanchi112
Thor wins. Hard.

But go ahead and press the subject, I'm in the mood to educate someone. I'm your huckleberry.

Rage.Of.Olympus
By all means "educate" me. But if anything posted is hyperbole or other garbage, I'll tell you were you can shove those scans. wink

The notion that Thor can't threaten someone like Lord Mar-Vell _A Trans- without an amp is so silly based on his history that I don't even know where to begin.

Other garbage? Lol, does that translate into "If I don't like it"?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Here you go bro...

Surfer was definitely hurt.

Also, I just noticed Lord Mar-Vell shielded himself from Nova's attacks instead of tanking them. That and based on the previous scene suggests it's not that difficult for Heralds to hurt him. Beating him is still an issue though.

zopzop
The notion that Thor can't threaten someone like Lord Mar-Vell _A Trans- without an amp is so silly based on his history that I don't even know where to begin.

Other garbage? Lol, does that translate into "If I don't like it"?

No, I clearly said crap that falls into the hyperbole or unquantifiable categories. I'm just telling you ahead of time don't bother with those.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, I clearly said crap that falls into the hyperbole or unquantifiable categories. I'm just telling you ahead of time don't bother with those.

You're setting yourself up with an out using ambiguous specifications. Posting evidence just so you can stick you're head in the sand isn't my goal.

I'm not going to post Eternity saying that Thor is a danger to a large part of him and Infinity or anything. I am going to post Thor's battles with Skyfather level beings and up however.

If you have a problem with the former then that's understandable, if it's the latter then we have a problem.

quanchi112
You're setting yourself up with an out using ambiguous specifications. Posting evidence just so you can stick you're head in the sand isn't my goal.

I'm not going to post Eternity saying that Thor is a danger to a large part of him and Infinity or anything. I am going to post Thor's battles with Skyfather level beings and up however.

If you have a problem with the former then that's understandable, if it's the latter then we have a problem. We also have Thor losing to elite top tiers and less than. We don't have anyone getting the better of Mar-vell save Thanos. You have to take into consideration all of Thor's battles not just his best.

zopzop

If you have a problem with the former then that's understandable, if it's the latter then we have a problem.

By all means, post those Skyfather fights. Keep in mind I've already seen the Zeus/Thor one where Zeus tells Thor he's not gonna kill him but teach him a lesson and has Thor on the floor crying out that he's not gonna surrender. I've seen the Glory one too where the woman prays to something and empowers Thor to overcome Glory. If it's more of those again (where there are outside forces at work or one party is holding back), don't bother.

Rage.Of.Olympus
We also have Thor losing to elite top tiers and less than. We don't have anyone getting the better of Mar-vell save Thanos. You have to take into consideration all of Thor's battles not just his best.

I'm not saying Thor is consistently operating on that level but the notion that Thor can't challenge or pose a threat to a Trans tier character is ridiculous.

I've seen him outperform a Skyfather.

quanchi112
I'm not saying Thor is consistently operating on that level but the notion that Thor can't challenge or pose a threat to a Trans tier character is ridiculous.

I've seen him outperform a Skyfather. Which skyfather did he outperform ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
By all means, post those Skyfather fights.

Not limiting this to Skyfathers. Just to be clear, you're looking for scenes that indicate Thor can be a threat to a Trans tier character.

I'm assuming you're already aware of the God Blast and are discounting it, correct? Otherwise this conversation can be end even sooner.

Keep in mind I've already seen the Zeus/Thor one where Zeus tells Thor he's not gonna kill him but teach him a lesson and has Thor on the floor crying out that he's not gonna surrender

Zeus specifically said he wasn't attempting to kill Thor. He was however pissed off and wanted Thor down. This is emphasized by him saying (Most likely hyperbole) that Thor put up more of a fight than all of the Titans or the Gods of Olympus.

Trying to disqualify that fight based on that is silly. Thor most likely wasn't trying to kill Zeus either. You don't have to want to kill someone to put in effort.

I've seen the Glory one too where the woman prays to something and empowers Thor to overcome Glory. If it's more of those again (where there are outside forces at work or one party is holding back), don't bother.

She didn't empower Thor. Not in the sense that you're thinking of. Her prayer gave Thor the will to fight on which was being eroded away. She didn't amp his stats or Mjolnir.

A valid fight, it has some context to it, but a valid fight nonetheless.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Which skyfather did he outperform ?

Against the Celestials.

It should be noted, he also completely outperformed the Uni-Mind which IIRC was one shotted.

zopzop
Not limiting this to Skyfathers. Just to be clear, you're looking for scenes that indicate Thor can be a threat to a Trans tier character.

Zeus specifically said he wasn't attempting to kill Thor. He was however pissed off and wanted Thor down. This is emphasized by him saying (Most likely hyperbole) that Thor put up more of a fight than all of the Titans or the Gods of Olympus.

Trying to disqualify that fight based on that is silly. Thor most likely wasn't trying to kill Zeus either. You don't have to want to kill someone to put in effort.

Of course his comment about "all the Titans/Gods" was hyperbole. I'm glad you at least realize that. Zeus was toying with him and wanted to teach him a lesson. He had Thor on the floor crying out about he wont' give in because he's Odin's son or some such, then Zeus stops his assault.

That fight was vague as hell. No one knows who or what she was praying to. Some say the TOAA. Point is he would have died if it wasn't for an outside force assisting him.

zopzop
Against the Celestials.

It should be noted, he also completely outperformed the Uni-Mind which IIRC was one shotted.

How did he outperform them? By not being one shotted? Because the Celestials never attacked the Skyfathers so we don't know how many shots it would take to down them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Of course his comment about "all the Titans/Gods" was hyperbole. I'm glad you at least realize that. Zeus was toying with him and wanted to teach him a lesson. He had Thor on the floor crying out about he wont' give in because he's Odin's son or some such, then Zeus stops his assault.

Stop trying to diminish the fight for Thor. He held out against an angry Skyfather for a noticeable amount of time. Zeus didn't want to kill Thor but he obviously wanted to take him down. It was a matter of respect and pride for him at that point. He always had a quick temper.

That fight was vague as hell. No one knows who or what she was praying to. Some say the TOAA. Point is he would have died if it wasn't for an outside force assisting him.

She was praying to Thor, it said that very clearly. As a result, her prayer of hope was able to reignite Thor's will which was beginning to fade.

The only reason you would have to disqualify that fight is you disliking it. There was no physical amp to his stats or Mjolnir. The only time such a thing occurred was when they prayed to TOAA to finally kill Glory, as he kept reforming due to the Chaos King directly empowering him.

zopzop
Stop trying to diminish the fight for Thor. He held out against an angry Skyfather for a noticeable amount of time. Zeus didn't want to kill Thor but he obviously wanted to take him down. It was a matter of respect and pride for him at that point. He always had a quick temper.

Zeus downed Thor, that's the point. He even said he wasn't meant to die by Zeus' hands but that wasn't going to stop Zeus from teaching him a lesson. And he did teach him a lesson, he had Thor on the floor crying out. Post the scans, that expression of pain on Thor's face is priceless. Far more humiliating than the one Mindset has in his sig.

So an OUTSIDE force intervened in the Glory/Thor fight (twice)? Gotcha. Like I said.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How did he outperform them? By not being one shotted? Because the Celestials never attacked the Skyfathers so we don't know how many shots it would take to down them.

The combined attack of Odin, Zeus, Vishnu didn't affect Arishem. The Uni-Mind, Zuras plus the entire Eternal race was one shotted. The Odin Destroyer wasn't able to do any physical damage (Using personal might) and was getting torn apart by attacks.

I think it's fairly obviously what would have happened if they got attacked.

psycho gundam
actually odin was "oneshotted" when the celestials owned the destroyer

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zeus downed Thor, that's the point. He even said he wasn't meant to die by Zeus' hands but that wasn't going to stop Zeus from teaching him a lesson. And he did teach him a lesson, he had Thor on the floor crying out. Post the scans, that expression of pain on Thor's face is priceless. Far more humiliating than the one Mindset has in his sig.

Zeus was winning, that's not in contention. A young -probably teenage- Thor holding his on against a raging Skyfather (Better than any other God of Olympus could) is the point.

I don't really know whats humiliating about this but okay:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus6.jpg

So an OUTSIDE force intervened in the Glory/Thor fight (twice)? Gotcha. Like I said.

As long as you understand that in the original fight where he beat Glory, that there was no amp given to him or Mjolnir and it's valid, then I don't care what you say or said.

Once more:

zopzop
The combined attack of Odin, Zeus, Vishnu didn't affect Arishem. The Uni-Mind, Zuras plus the entire Eternal race was one shotted. The Odin Destroyer wasn't able to do any physical damage (Using personal might) and was getting torn apart by attacks.

I think it's fairly obviously what would have happened if they got attacked.

Yeah but Thor's attacks didn't affect the Celestials either. So I'm not getting the outperformed part. One shotting the Uni-Mind by the Celestials isn't that impressive since they created them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah but Thor's attacks didn't affect the Celestials either. So I'm not getting the outperformed part. One shotting the Uni-Mind by the Celestials isn't that impressive since they created them.

One of his attacks damaged Celestial Armor during that scene. Which is understandable as with his strength doubled, he put a hole in Exitar and with the God Blast damaged the more durable shell that held his brain. He also survived direct shots.

It wasn't a scene that indicated some sort of manipulation. Rather just power, as with the Odin Destroyer.

dmills
@zop,

Did you say that you don't believe Thor can harm a trans tier?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's silly.

His hurt both Galactus and Odin in Matt Fraction's run alone.

zopzop
@zop,

Did you say that you don't believe Thor can harm a trans tier?

Harm and beat are two different things. Hell Spider-Woman "harmed" Worthy Hulk pretty convincingly.

dmills
Harm and beat are two different things. Hell Spider-Woman "harmed" Worthy Hulk pretty convincingly.

Bendis stick out tongue

zopzop
Bendis stick out tongue

But you get my point smile

dmills
But you get my point smile

Can't say I agree my friend. Thor has the toughness, smarts and the tools to beat a trans+ . Now he's no Rich Rider in that regard, but he's good enough.

Phucking with you Rage laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
The God Blast alone can have enough power to one shot almost all beings under High end Skyfather. At least with a direct hit.

With Mjolnir's energy manipulation capabilities, Thor's general power output and toughness, anybody under Galactus should very wary when fighting Thor. At least when he cuts loose or it's a high end portrayal. Scratch that, if it's a high end portrayal, even Galactus needs to be careful.

JakeTheBank
Lol @ the last few pages.

I stand by my earlier statement, though. Thor's history as a whole, not just his high end feats, justify him being a threat to Mar-Vell on his own. Even if he doesn't win, Mar-Vell will know he was in a fight.

With these amps, Mar-Vell gets his head shoved up his ass, being able to die or not.

quanchi112
Against the Celestials.

It should be noted, he also completely outperformed the Uni-Mind which IIRC was one shotted. He didn't outperform Odin.

Damborgson
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/rsz_odin.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/rsz_thor.jpg

quanchi112
Thor didn't outperform Odin. The Celestials were reforming bodyparts and Thor didn't faze or hurt them either. Odin was by far more powerful than Thor.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/rsz_odin.jpg
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/rsz_thor.jpg

zopzop
Thor >>>>>>>>>>>>Odin. Gotcha!

Damborgson
Thor >>>>>>>>>>>>Odin. Gotcha! Dont be ridiculous Zop. I know what level Thor is at.

Thor>>>>>Odin Destroyer stick out tongue

quanchi112
Thor >>>>>>>>>>>>Odin. Gotcha! That's exactly his stance it seems.

Damborgson
That's exactly it. http://i55.tinypic.com/2qbb2uh.gif

quanchi112
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qbb2uh.gif Nicholson isn't crazy enough to tango with me.

Damborgson
Nicholson isn't crazy enough to tango with me. laughing out loud

rotiart
Can't say I agree my friend. Thor has the toughness, smarts and the tools to beat a trans+ . Now he's no Rich Rider in that regard, but he's good enough.

Phucking with you Rage laughing out loud

I was skimming through this page to get to the bottom...

I swore your post said:
I love phucking with rage.
I like beating trannys.

I actually scrolled back up... Lol. Wasn't even close.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He didn't outperform Odin.

Of course he did.

quanchi112
Of course he did. How so ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
How so ?

He was able to damage Celestial Armor, something Skyfathers couldn't accomplish. He withstood direct attacks from the Celestials, something Skyfathers almost certainly couldn't accomplish either.

It's crazy but it happened. Denying it won't change that. Thomas toned down Skyfathers but his Thor was crazy powerful at times.

quanchi112
He was able to damage Celestial Armor, something Skyfathers couldn't accomplish. He withstood direct attacks from the Celestials, something Skyfathers almost certainly couldn't accomplish either.

It's crazy but it happened. Denying it won't change that. Thomas toned down Skyfathers but his Thor was crazy powerful at times. So was Odin. Just because Odin's first energy blast didn't faze Arishem don't confuse what actually happened later on as Thor doing better. Odin was taking on the entire host whereas Thor was using weapons to inflict damage just like Odin. Odin was clearly more powerful. You yourself would admit as much which makes this charade even more pointless.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So was Odin. Just because Odin's first energy blast didn't faze Arishem don't confuse what actually happened later on as Thor doing better. Odin was taking on the entire host whereas Thor was using weapons to inflict damage just like Odin. Odin was clearly more powerful. You yourself would admit as much which makes this charade even more pointless.

A combined attack from Zeus, Odin, and Vishnu did nothing to Arishem. The Odin Destroyer's blows were doing nothing to a Celestial. Thor was able to damage a similar or exact same Celestial with an attack. A Skyfather level plus entity (Uni-Mind) was one shotted by a Celestial, attacks from Celestials were blowing holes in the Odin Destroyer. Thor withstood multiple attacks from Celestials.

There's literally no way you can twist that from Thor outperforming -a base level- Odin. It's stupid and an outlier but it's what happened.

JakeTheBank
A combined attack from Zeus, Odin, and Vishnu did nothing to Arishem. The Odin Destroyer's blows were doing nothing to a Celestial. Thor was able to damage a similar or exact same Celestial with an attack. A Skyfather level plus entity (Uni-Mind) was one shotted by a Celestial, attacks from Celestials were blowing holes in the Odin Destroyer. Thor withstood multiple attacks from Celestials.

There's literally no way you can twist that from Thor outperforming Odin. It's stupid and an outlier but it's what happened.

thumb up

No one sane will argue Thor > Odin, but based on panel feats, Thor did outperform Odin in that instance. Call it PIS, stupid, etc., but it happened.

Even so, Thor's taken it to Trans and Skyfather beings in far less outlandish instances to justify a normal Thor being trouble for Mar-Vell, who honestly didn't do anything all that WOWZERS to justify him being clearly over heralds.

Thor with the amp massacres him.

quanchi112

There's literally no way you can twist that from Thor outperforming -a base level- Odin. It's stupid and an outlier but it's what happened. Odin's destroy attacks were tearing limbs off but weren't effective just like Thor's attacks weren't effective either. Despite Thor and Odin's best neither were a threat to a Celestial.

That's not spinning that's a fact and Odin is more powerful than Thor by a country mile.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin's destroy attacks were tearing limbs off but weren't effective just like Thor's attacks weren't effective either. Despite Thor and Odin's best neither were a threat to a Celestial.

That's not spinning that's a fact and Odin is more powerful than Thor by a country mile.

I'm confused as to why you're referring to the Odin Destroyer. Thor and it performed were about on par in terms of effectiveness. I'm referring to base level Odin who's at least on par with other Skyfathers like Zeus, the incarnation that wrecked Thanos.

Thor outperformed that version, that's not debatable.

Let's get some judges and compare how (Base level) Odin/Thor fared against the Celestials in a battle zone. smile

dmills
Originally posted by rotiart
I was skimming through this page to get to the bottom...

I swore your post said:
I love phucking with rage.
I like beating trannys.

I actually scrolled back up... Lol. Wasn't even close.

laughing out loud I know you must've been like "wait a minute WTF?"

But it's partially true. Rage is a tranny and I enjoy beating him/her/it. sneer

zopzop
I'm confused as to why you're referring to the Odin Destroyer. Thor and it performed were about on par in terms of effectiveness. I'm referring to base level Odin who's at least on par with other Skyfathers like Zeus, the incarnation that wrecked Thanos.

Let's get some judges and compare how (Base level) Odin/Thor fared against the Celestials in a battle zone. smile

So Thor >>>>>>>>>Odin + 2 other Skyfathers?

A few questions, who'd win in a fight between the entire Eternal race + Zuras when combined into the Uni-Mind, Thor or the Uni-Mind? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Odin + Zeus + Vishnu? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Eternity?

dmills

A few questions, who'd win in a fight between the entire Eternal race + Zuras when combined into the Uni-Mind, Thor or the Uni-Mind? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Odin + Zeus + Vishnu? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Eternity?

laughing out loud

quanchi112

Let's get some judges and compare how (Base level) Odin/Thor fared against the Celestials in a battle zone. smile That's a false comparison since Thor used weapons. Weapons obviously affected the Celestials more Thor didn't go around blasting Celestials arms off or anything.

Thanos isn't in the thread. laughing out loud

See here you go again with the battlezone challenge. Get one under your belt this isn't something which interests me.

quanchi112

A few questions, who'd win in a fight between the entire Eternal race + Zuras when combined into the Uni-Mind, Thor or the Uni-Mind? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Odin + Zeus + Vishnu? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Eternity? It's too ridiculous to even take semi seriously.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Using the Celestials as a point of reference, he was in that arc.

Uni-Mind should. The Skyfathers. Eternity.

Don't get the impression that I think Thor is beyond Skyfather level entities or that my opinion actually changes the nature of our discussion. You asked me for showings that support Thor being a threat to Lord Mar-Vell, a Trans, you didn't limit it to averages or non high end portrayals.

dmills

Don't get the impression that I think Thor is beyond Skyfather level entities or that my opinion actually changes the nature of our discussion. You asked me for showings that support Thor being a threat to Lord Mar-Vell, a Trans, you didn't limit it to averages or non high end portrayals.

laughing out loud I dare you to replace should with would. Can you do it?

Edit: Nevermind you caught it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's a false comparison since Thor used weapons. Weapons obviously affected the Celestials more Thor didn't go around blasting Celestials arms off or anything.

Thanos isn't in the thread. laughing out loud

See here you go again with the battlezone challenge. Get one under your belt this isn't something which interests me.

Mjolnir is part of Thor's powerset, we can have separate discussions for a Mjolnirless Thor if you want. Do you finally admit Thor outperformed Skyfather level types in both dishing out and taking damage?

No matter how much you deny it, the comic won't change. A more logic argument would be pointing out the extreme nature of the showing make it pretty much irrelevant for a standard Thor. Of course that won't even matter here as Zopzop never made any restrictions.

Not surprised. You talk so much shit but never back it up.

zopzop

Except that some of those showings, like in Thor 300, are so idiotic they defy common sense.

How can Thor do more damage with Mjolnir than his Father who created and empowered the god damn thing? Worse, his Father and TWO of his peers?!

It defies even comic book "logic".

Rage.Of.Olympus
Except that some of those showings, like in Thor 300, are so idiotic they defy common sense.

How can Thor do more damage with Mjolnir than his Father who created and empowered the god damn thing? Worse, his Father and TWO of his peers?!

It defies even comic book "logic".

You asked for scenes that support Thor being a threat to Lord Mar-Vell. I gave you some. Not my problem if you don't like it.

Usually I don't resort to such an extreme (I haven't mentioned it in a long time actually) but the nature of the claim was so silly, I didn't care.

JakeTheBank
I'm honestly surprised that the idea that Thor could threaten Mar-Vell is so out of the realm of possibility by some considering his history of feats...

zopzop
You asked for scenes that support Thor being a threat to Lord Mar-Vell. I gave you some. Not my problem if you don't like it.

Usually I don't resort to such an extreme (I haven't mentioned it in a long time actually) but the nature of the claim was so silly, I didn't care.

The nature of some of your examples are silly. Thor (read :Mjolnir) is able to damage a Celestial, but the CREATOR of the thing and his two near peers are unable to faze one with their COMBINED assault. This is right up there with the Firelord/Spiderman fiasco in terms of stupidity.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The nature of some of your examples are silly. Thor (read :Mjolnir) is able to damage a Celestial, but the CREATOR of the thing and his two near peers are unable to faze one with their COMBINED assault. This is right up there with the Firelord/Spiderman fiasco in terms of stupidity.
You don't have to like it.

Besides, Thor has other showings. *Points to Odin, Glory, Destroyer, Majeston Zelia, Galactus etc.*

leonidas
not really--physical damage is OFTEN portrayed differently than energy-based attacks.

JakeTheBank
You don't have to like it.

Besides, Thor has other showings. *Points to Odin, Glory, Destroyer, Majeston Zelia, Galactus etc.*

Surtur, Jormangund, Ymir, Nul, Hela, Ultron, Chaos King, etc

zopzop
Surtur, Jormangund, Ymir, Nul, Hela, Chaos King, etc

NONE of those beings are in the same LEAGUE as the Celestias (possible exception being CK). What did he do to CK that was so impressive?

JakeTheBank
NONE of those beings are in the same LEAGUE as the Celestias (possible exception being CK). What did he do to CK that was so impressive?

And?

The discussion here is whether or not a normal Thor can possibly threaten Mar-Vell, not whether or not Thor can legitimately defeat Celestials. This whole thing was spawned by your reply to my first post in this thread in which I stated a normal non-amped Thor can do as much.

Which he obviously can.

Thor damaged him (Chaos King) with a lightning bolt btw.

I have yet to see conclusive evidence supporting Mar-Vell being so far beyond heralds, let alone Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Being able to affect the Chaos King who was a Multiversal level deity more or less on par with Eternity is more impressive than damaging a Celestial.

I guess Eternity wasn't talking shit when he said Thor posed a danger to him and Infinity. vin

zopzop
And?

The discussion here is whether or not Thor can possibly threaten Mar-Vell, not whether or not Thor can legitimately defeat Celestials. This whole thing was spawned by your reply to my first post in this thread in which I stated a normal non-amped Thor can do as much.

Which he obviously can.

Thor damaged him with a lightning bolt.

What did he do to Surtur, Ymir, that was so impressive in your eyes? Cause of all those you listed they are the only ones that are above Mar-vell in terms of sheer power.

Fuggin' Hela got owned by Darwin, the same guy that RAN from WWH. What's Worthy Hulk going to do vs Lord-Marvell? Ultron? Seriously? roll eyes (sarcastic)

zopzop
Being able to affect the Chaos King who was a Multiversal level deity more or less on par with Eternity is more impressive than damaging a Celestial.

I guess Eternity wasn't talking shit when he said Thor posed a danger to him and Infinity. vin

The scarey thing is, you probably believe that.

Damborgson
What did he do to CK that was so impressive? http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/54136/1581937-hercules_vs_chaos_king_01_super.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir243-LightningChaosWar5.jpg

thats a big lightning bolt

JakeTheBank
What did he do to Surtur, Ymir, that was so impressive in your eyes? Cause of all those you listed they are the only ones that are above Mar-vell in terms of sheer power.

Fuggin' Hela got owned by Darwin, the same guy that RAN from WWH. What's Worthy Hulk going to do vs Lord-Marvell? Ultron? Seriously? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Harm them with his physical blows? BFR them like b1tches?

Seriously, if you don't think Thor can possibly, just maybe threaten Lord Mar-Vell one-on-one, I don't know what to tell you.

Hopefully you agree that with his amp here, he massacres the shit out of him.

zopzop
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/54136/1581937-hercules_vs_chaos_king_01_super.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir243-LightningChaosWar5.jpg

thats a big lightning bolt

ANd? What's going on? CK dead? Wounded? Retreating? What?

zopzop
Harm them with his physical blows? BFR them like b1tches?

Seriously, if you don't think Thor can possibly, just maybe threaten Lord Mar-Vell one-on-one, I don't know what to tell you.

Hopefully you agree that with his amp here, he massacres the shit out of him.

Without the amp he gets swatted. WIth the amps he puts up a fight but dies horribly.

Damborgson
ANd? What's going on? CK dead? Wounded? Retreating? What? no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
Chaos King wasn't larger than a planet at that point, Hercules shrank them IRRC. Still huge though, IIRC, Galactus looked tiny to him.

The scarey thing is, you probably believe that.
I don't but it doesn't matter what I think.

Besides, extreme showings don't matter to you not only based on your past history but on the post above this one. Claiming Hela isn't impressive because Darwin ran away from Hulk is a line of reasoning you're above using. That's worse than pointing out that Thor outperformed Odin, at least I don't use that scene to undermine the All-Father's consistent status.

JakeTheBank
Without the amp he gets swatted. WIth the amps he puts up a fight but dies horribly.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsyze2lxjh1qbkoq9.png

zopzop
no expression

Yes. What's going on? Because we just see lightening hitting CK and what's happening? Is he screaming in pain? Is he retreating from the assault? There's nothing on panel except Thor hitting him with lightening. That'd be like me throwing a hammer in his face, same result. Nothing.

Damborgson
Chaos King wasn't larger than a planet at that point, Hercules shrank them IRRC. Still huge though, IIRC, Galactus looked tiny to him.

Oh alright. Makes more sense anyway I guess.

Damborgson
Yes. What's going on? Because we just see lightening hitting CK and what's happening? Is he screaming in pain? Is he retreating from the assault? There's nothing on panel except Thor hitting him with lightening. That'd be like me throwing a hammer in his face, same result. Nothing. Look at his face. Do you think he's yawning or something? That lightning caused him to lose his grip on Hercules.

zopzop
Look at his face. Do you think he's yawning or something? That lightning caused him to lose his grip on Hercules.

frusty

Damborgson
frusty The truth sinks in...

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/gallery/1275691036/gallery_83989_34818_18246989334c0d883aa8feb.gif

zopzop
The truth sinks in...

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/gallery/1275691036/gallery_83989_34818_18246989334c0d883aa8feb.gif

Not really, the reaching is sad. He didn't do jack to CK.

dmills
laughing out loud

And here I thought Zop was a Thor fanboy back when I first started looking at him as a poster. Damn was I off lol.

CosmicComet
Zop is an enigma.

Cogito
Lol @ the last few pages.

I stand by my earlier statement, though. Thor's history as a whole, not just his high end feats, justify him being a threat to Mar-Vell on his own. Even if he doesn't win, Mar-Vell will know he was in a fight.

With these amps, Mar-Vell gets his head shoved up his ass, being able to die or not.
thumb up
Even so, Thor's taken it to Trans and Skyfather beings in far less outlandish instances to justify a normal Thor being trouble for Mar-Vell, who honestly didn't do anything all that WOWZERS to justify him being clearly over heralds.

Thor with the amp massacres him.
thumb up
I'm honestly surprised that the idea that Thor could threaten Mar-Vell is so out of the realm of possibility by some considering his history of feats...
thumb up
I have yet to see conclusive evidence supporting Mar-Vell being so far beyond heralds, let alone Thor.
thumb up

the ninjak
Lord-Marvell is on another level.

zopzop
laughing out loud

And here I thought Zop was a Thor fanboy back when I first started looking at him as a poster. Damn was I off lol.

Not a fanboy, but I have an interest in the character (like I do with the PF and Thanos). Now Tyrant on the other hand............ big grin

dmills
Not a fanboy, but I have an interest in the character (like I do with the PF and Thanos). Now Tyrant on the other hand............ big grin

PF?

Tyrant huh? That's cool. Peeps don't know it, but I'm probably a bigger fan of Animal Man and Iron Fist then I am of Nova. Maybe. Firestorm, Blue Beetle and Captain Comet come pretty close as well.

psycho gundam

A few questions, who'd win in a fight between the entire Eternal race + Zuras when combined into the Uni-Mind, Thor or the Uni-Mind? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Odin + Zeus + Vishnu? Who'd win in a fight between Thor and Eternity? did you read thor #300? the odinsword being hurled through a celestial is more of a feat for the sword than for thor, and then catching arishem off guard didn't happen again when thor tried it the next time they met (thor #387)

thor didn't do better than the sky-fathers + eternals + asgardian weapons, but he did look really good fighting opponents FAR out of his weight class. he did the same in his losing war against the celestials in the "pangoria incident" which is nothing but consistent with thor #300.

thor destroying zelia and other trans---sky-father class beings and doing "okay" against the celestials shows classic thor's limit

dmills
Originally posted by psycho gundam
did you read thor #300? the odinsword being hurled through a celestial is more of a feat for the sword than for thor, and then catching arishem off guard didn't happen again when thor tried it the next time they met (thor #389)

thor didn't do better than the sky-fathers + eternals + asgardian weapons, but he did look really good fighting opponents FAR out of his weight class. he did the same in his losing war against the celestials in the "pangoria incident" which is nothing but consistent with thor #300.

thor destroying zelia and other trans---sky-father class beings and doing "okay" against the celestials shows classic thor's limit

Was Thor defeating Shiva retconned? Because if not that would be another Skyfather level opponent he's managed to best.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was retconned into being another God pretending to be him because people of that religion got upset. Lol. It doesn't make sense as only a head of that pantheon could have granted him the energy that Shiva did but whatever.

Let's hope Thor doesn't ever get into a fight with Jesus or something.

Damborgson
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153639-thor_annual_1982__010_26.jpg meh

zopzop
PF?

Tyrant huh? That's cool. Peeps don't know it, but I'm probably a bigger fan of Animal Man and Iron Fist then I am of Nova. Maybe. Firestorm, Blue Beetle and Captain Comet come pretty close as well.

Phoenix Force.

zopzop
It was retconned into being another God pretending to be him because people of that religion got upset. Lol. It doesn't make sense as only a head of that pantheon could have granted him the energy that Shiva did but whatever.

Let's hope Thor doesn't ever get into a fight with Jesus or something.

Was this the official reason for the retcon? I can't imagine Hindus, even religious Hindus, would care what happened in a comic in the 1980s.

Indra was also king of a pantheon, so even retconned it's not too far fetched.

zopzop
Was Thor defeating Shiva retconned? Because if not that would be another Skyfather level opponent he's managed to best.

He "beat" him by tricking him. He transported him to Asgard where he was depowered or less powerful and then gained the upper hand.

zopzop
did you read thor #300? the odinsword being hurled through a celestial is more of a feat for the sword than for thor, and then catching arishem off guard didn't happen again when thor tried it the next time they met (thor #387)

I did read the issue, and it's not even a feat for the sword. Arishem ALLOWED the sword to pass through him so he could better analyze it's alien nature. Also he didn't catch Arishem unawares and knock him down. The attack was so beneath him that he didn't even bother to defend against it. It's all on panel.

Thor took multiple blasts from enraged Celesitals and managed to chip a piece off one of their armor's. THREE skyfathers combined their attack and couldn't scratch Arishem. The BS was thick that issue.

Igniz
Yes. What's going on? Because we just see lightening hitting CK and what's happening? Is he screaming in pain? Is he retreating from the assault? There's nothing on panel except Thor hitting him with lightening. That'd be like me throwing a hammer in his face, same result. Nothing.

The proper description is CK did get hurt.But not that badly hurt.But it was enough for Supergod Hercules to put his fist on CK's chin that sent him in the continuum.And CK is confirmed Multiversal by the statement stated on Herc#1 and Chaos War Trade Paper Back that Amadeus still possessed a portion of Supergod power that he gave Herc.

zopzop
Originally posted by Igniz
The proper description is CK did get hurt.But not that badly hurt.But it was enough for Supergod Hercules to put his fist on CK's chin that sent him in the continuum.And CK is confirmed Multiversal by the statement stated on Herc#1 and Chaos War Trade Paper Back that Amadeus still possessed a portion of Supergod power that he gave Herc.

We know he was hurt how? He didn't have a mark on him. He didn't groan in pain. He didn't retreat. He didn't lash out from the pain.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was stated that the Odinsword passed through Arishem's armor because of the sheer power behind Thor's throw. However, the Celestial could have stopped the attack but didn't because he wanted to better analyze it.

Thor was only a "defiant flea" to them but that entire fight is still great.

psycho gundam
Also he didn't catch Arishem unawares and knock him down. The attack was so beneath him that he didn't even bother to defend against it. It's all on panel.
1st encounter

Originally posted by OneDumbG0 http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials02.jpg

2nd encounter

Originally posted by OneDumbG0 http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsCelestials05.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by the ninjak
Lord-Marvell is on another level.

A level that Thor has contended on before.

psycho gundam
thanos imperative was horribly written and the fights were less than stellar, but mar-vell seemed like he could take some wins at least, let's not kid ourselves.

zopzop
1st encounter

Did you even read the narration on that scan you so kindly provided for us? big grin

JakeTheBank
thanos imperative was horribly written and the fights were less than stellar, but mar-vell seemed like he could take some wins at least, let's not kid ourselves.

Of course.

I don't think anyone is against the view that Mar-Vell can't beat Thor. It just seems to be whether or not Thor has the stuff required to battle Mar-Vell and make it a competitive fight, which, unamped, he does, imho.

With the amps, I'm thinking Thor beats the cancer outta him.

dmills
Was this the official reason for the retcon? I can't imagine Hindus, even religious Hindus, would care what happened in a comic in the 1980s.

Indra was also king of a pantheon, so even retconned it's not too far fetched.

Indra was well respected in Hinduism, but for a serious Hindu, Thor beating Shiva would be sacrilege of the highest order.

Igniz
We know he was hurt how? He didn't have a mark on him. He didn't groan in pain. He didn't retreat. He didn't lash out from the pain.

Well before Thor summoned that lightning, CK was finishing 1 of his haiku sentence while putting his tendrills on SG Herc's eyes.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/HerculesVsCK10.jpg?t=1303265333

Which led to this.

Now you can see that Thor was able to make CK let go of his hold on SG Herc with that lightning.You can see from CK's face that it had an effect on him.If you're asking for a sign of injury, then no.CK is the abstract that represents Darkness and Chaos(aka the naught before creation).

As for this topic.I think Thor being amped can beat Lord Marvel.Unamped, Thor would have problems.

zopzop
Well before Thor summoned that lightning, CK was finishing 1 of his haiku sentence while putting his tendrills on SG Herc's eyes.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/HerculesVsCK10.jpg?t=1303265333

Which led to this.

Now you can see that Thor was able to make CK let go of his hold on SG Herc with that lightning.You can see from CK's face that it had an effect on him.If you're asking for a sign of injury, then no.CK is the abstract that represents Darkness and Chaos(aka the naught before creation).

As for this topic.I think Thor being amped can beat Lord Marvel.Unamped, Thor would have problems.

Thank you for the context. It looks like he startled him. What went on next page?

dmills
So as for this fight, since all that we saw from Mar-vell were his attacks on Rider and Norrin, would similar attacks be enough to harm Thor?

Igniz
Thank you for the context. It looks like he startled him. What went on next page?

Agreed that "startled" is also the other word that I was thinking of describing that scene.This is what happened next.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/HercPunchesCK1.jpg?t=1303265421
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/HercpunchesCK2.jpg?t=1303265490
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ChaosKingsentintheContinuum.jpg?t=1303265604
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ChaosKingcontent.jpg?t=1303265656

zopzop
Agreed that "startled" is also the other word that I was thinking of describing that scene.This is what happened next.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/HercPunchesCK1.jpg?t=1303265421
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/HercpunchesCK2.jpg?t=1303265490
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ChaosKingsentintheContinuum.jpg?t=1303265604
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j351/igniz5/ChaosKingcontent.jpg?t=1303265656

You rock! Thank you.

Igniz
You rock! Thank you.

You're welcome cool

quanchi112
Mjolnir is part of Thor's powerset, we can have separate discussions for a Mjolnirless Thor if you want. Do you finally admit Thor outperformed Skyfather level types in both dishing out and taking damage?

No matter how much you deny it, the comic won't change. A more logic argument would be pointing out the extreme nature of the showing make it pretty much irrelevant for a standard Thor. Of course that won't even matter here as Zopzop never made any restrictions.

Not surprised. You talk so much shit but never back it up. Odin did better than Thor. You trying to misconstrue the evidence is flat out lying. I expected better from you but your Thor love is apparently back.

Odin did far better than Thor. Odin and Thor both didn't really do anything to significantly damage any Celestials.

I always back up my case while you usually concede to live to fight another day.

gogogadgetgo
Odin did better than Thor. You trying to misconstrue the evidence is flat out lying. I expected better from you but your Thor love is apparently back.

Odin did far better than Thor. Odin and Thor both didn't really do anything to significantly damage any Celestials.

I always back up my case while you usually concede to live to fight another day.

yeah, you always back up your case with false interpretations and maded up facts which are...wait for it...made up.

Bentley
Specially the "ussually conceed" part stick out tongue

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

What would Lord Mar-vell tier in your honest opinion?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is Rage bring up the Zeus fight again? Jesus. How many times does it need to be explained to you Rage.. HE WAS TRYING TO TEACH THOR A LESSON AND TEACH HIM A LESSON HE DID. That is exactly what happened and he did so with ease. What's worse is that he was clearly holding back, and still toying with Thor and treating him like a child. What you also seem to forget OR fail to mention was that time was operating like it usually does.. Thor didn't LAST FOR A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME... Time wasn't being perceived the same.

Are you actually bring up Thor lasting LONGER against the celestials than Odin and Uni-mind :facepalm: So then, you're telling me Thor has better durability than Odin IN the destroyer? Please tell me you jest or were just trying to build up Thor a bit? No way does Thor have the durability of Odin nor near Odin in power. What you ALSO failed to mention was that Odin HAD the Celestials attention and ready for battle. Thor wasn't even perceived as ANY KIND OF THREAT to them. Huge difference and illustrates the difference in power. Thor not being one shot like Odin in the destroyer can be chalked up to PIS of close to the highest order. If Odin in the destroyer can be one shot.. and Zuras and the entire Eternals in Uni-Mind can be one shot... Trust me, Thor would be one shot with even greater ease if it wasn't for PIS.

On the fight at hand... People also forgot to mention that Lord M cast a spell that was going to kill ALL the heralds if it wasn't shielded against. That alone, is pretty impressive. Can Thor give a Trans level character a fight.. sure... In his comic can he win.. sure. On this forum does he win more times than not without PIS and CIS.. NO

zopzop
@zopzop

What would Lord Mar-vell tier in your honest opinion?

Elite Trans Tier (without amping). As the Avatar of Life, he was backed by unbelievable power. It took a pissed off Death to down him and his masters and even then they didn't die, they just went dormant.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>