Revan runs the Sith Gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
In celebration of Revan's release today (yesterday for me), I'm making this thread, so that we might use the fact that Revan is no longer a guest in the hallowed halls of the Unknowns and has moved into the light of our Versus Forum.

1. Asajj Ventress.

2. Darth Maul.

3. Darth Krayt.

4. Count Dooku.

5. Darth Vader.

6. Darth Caedus.

7. Darth Bane.

How far does he get?

Stealth Moose
He owns them all since at his peak he can redirect lightning storms and turn Sith Lords into ash. You have to be cosmic level to defeat him, and/or Nihilus/Sith Emperor.

Nephthys
What if I threw the mighty brick at him? Surely he can not withstand such awesome power!

Stealth Moose
Depends. Is this a Ragnos brick, which can tear rips in space-time, or is this a brick from the lowly Kressh, who has many Sith slaves in his bloodline?

Nephthys
Kressh.

Stealth Moose
It's still mightier than normal, since he wears Sith amulets which can be assumed to be Force-boosting since there's canon evidence of Sith artifacts from the same time and era doing the same thing (both from Korriban-found items in various media and from Naga Sadow's own similar pair).

If we assume Sadow and Kressh are near-equals in the Force (which is plausible, since they resorted to sword combat as opposed to lightning storms or pure-TK to duel one another), then it stands to reason either Kressh is unsupported and thus exponentially stronger than a standard Force user (unlikely) or the items he wears similarly boost his abilities like Sadow's amulets and thus he is one righteous badass.

That being said, the brick hits Revan with the force of 19.67 Death Star lasers and he dies, only to come back again as a Force Ghost and run rampant through the cosmos.

Nephthys
So he clears the gauntlet then? Noone can stop Revanghost.

Stealth Moose
If you want to ride the slippery slope, Revan studied the Sith Emperor's mind for 300 hundreds years and thus knows more Sith lore than anyone else besides the former, and he can use it to defeat anyone or just Force-nom them a la Traya.

Nephthys
I remain sceptical the Emperor can use Traya and Nihilus' technique in combat. If he could he probably would have tried it on Revan when they fought (assuming he didn't....... ).

Stealth Moose
Ah, but Revan already knew about that ability from Malachor V, remember? And the Exile knew about it too.

Nephthys
Just because Revan went to Malachor doesn't mean he studied that aspect of the Force. Besides, if Revan is to be believed he wasn't even a Sith then. Also, Kreia made it clear that you couldn't learn the technique through study.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
Just because Revan went to Malachor doesn't mean he studied that aspect of the Force. Besides, if Revan is to be believed he wasn't even a Sith then. Also, Kreia made it clear that you couldn't learn the technique through study.

Yet she and others learned it and perfected it through connection to Malachor V. KotOR II dialogue makes it clear that Revan was aware of the connection.

Zampanó
What the hell is this?

And we need to pick out an acronym to distinguish Emperor's ***** Revan from Still-Unknown KotOR Revan.

Stealth Moose
U mad bro?

Nephthys
Well KotOR Revan can be known as Kevan and Emperors ***** Revan can be called Bitchan.

Stealth Moose
Revan solos.

strifed169
After the Revan book what does Revan vs Vader look like now? (haven't read book)

Dr McBeefington
Revan is a few tiers ahead of Vader.

Nephthys
So does he make it past him? Remembering that this is a gauntlet.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yet she and others learned it and perfected it through connection to Malachor V. KotOR II dialogue makes it clear that Revan was aware of the connection.

I'm aware of how Superman gets his powers. That doesn't mean I could replicate them.

Kreia clearly states that the ability can only be instinctively learnt. And you are wrong. Their abilities deprive from the destruction of Malachor, but are not connected to it per say. Plus I doubt Revan woud have sent the Exile back if he knew what she was truly capable of. At least if we're talking about KotOR II Revan, and not Three Stooges Revan.

Stealth Moose
So does he make it past him? Remembering that this is a gauntlet.

I'm aware of how Superman gets his powers. That doesn't mean I could replicate them.

This is a ridiculous analogy, considering Superman's powers are inherited, not simply knowledge of a mystical power like Force knowledge happens to be.

Right, but Traya also teaches Nihilus how to perfect this ability which he appears to have a natural affinity for. She does this after studying the Sith hermetica left on Malachor V and experiencing the teachings of the true Sith for herself.

So clearly the ability can be honed and learned in some respect by knowledge of certain parts of the Force. Revan had access to such knowledge through his time on Malachor V and his mind contact with the Sith Emperor (Actually, that last one is totally difficult to support, but I'm arguing it just for the sake of arguing, see above where I asserted it blindly).

You fail.

Actually, only Nihilus is directly affected by this, becoming a wound because of the event at Malachor V. Traya is attracted to the place because of its "echoes", but ultimately it is the Sith teachings she finds there which cause her to fall, both to the Dark Side and into the practice of teaching this new power to the newer Sith order.

I don't quite follow you here. The Exile was not a wound until immediately after Malachor V, but Revan didn't send her anywhere at that point. She simply fled from war and left known space.

Nephthys
This is a ridiculous analogy, considering Superman's powers are inherited, not simply knowledge of a mystical power like Force knowledge happens to be.

It is not so bad. Supermans powers are simply something you have or you don't. You can't replicate them through study.

Right, but Traya also teaches Nihilus how to perfect this ability which he appears to have a natural affinity for. She does this after studying the Sith hermetica left on Malachor V and experiencing the teachings of the true Sith for herself.

So clearly the ability can be honed and learned in some respect by knowledge of certain parts of the Force. Revan had access to such knowledge through his time on Malachor V and his mind contact with the Sith Emperor (Actually, that last one is totally difficult to support, but I'm arguing it just for the sake of arguing, see above where I asserted it blindly).

You fail.

She teaches him to enhance what is already there. You can still not 'learn' it. Theres nothing suggesting Revan was capable of using the ability. Simply because he was on Malachor does not give it to him.

As for the Emperor, he used a giant ritual and hundreds of Sith. I'm not convinced it was the same ability, especially since the Exile claims that his nature was fundamentally different from Nihilus', and since we only learn about him using it through a secondary source who admits she doesn't even know if its true.

No. No, you have failed! :blastslightning:

Actually, only Nihilus is directly affected by this, becoming a wound because of the event at Malachor V. Traya is attracted to the place because of its "echoes", but ultimately it is the Sith teachings she finds there which cause her to fall, both to the Dark Side and into the practice of teaching this new power to the newer Sith order.

Yes, I see your point. I was talking about the Exile and Nihilus. Plum forgot about Kreia. My boop.

I don't quite follow you here. The Exile was not a wound until immediately after Malachor V, but Revan didn't send her anywhere at that point. She simply fled from war and left known space.

He didn't? I thought he did send her back, as an example to the Council.

Stealth Moose
It is not so bad. Supermans powers are simply something you have or you don't. You can't replicate them through study.

But the point is the analogy is incorrect; the average person cannot replicate Superman because his powers are entirely alien to the human condition, whereas a Force user can study and use Force powers of another by virtue of being a Force user. That doesn't mean they use it equally well (because that's an argument of proficiency) but it is clear that Force powers are learn-able to those who can touch the Force.

You're forgetting something very, very important here:

Traya, Nihilus, and the Sith assassins of their empire all used this power to one degree or another, and they all acquired it through exposure to Malachor V's presence and teachings.

So let's take two-and-two:

1. Traya learned this ability on Malachor V. The KotOR sourcebook makes this clear as well, bringing up the fact that the Sith assassins which populated the planet's library did not attack her but instead brought her a Sith hermetica to study the technique. It describes the technique in some detail and furthermore points out that these same assassins accepted her as their leader because she was Revan's old master.

2. Traya says, in one of her monologues, that Revan taught his Sith assassins this same power of leeching Force powers from others, passively and actively.

3. Revan was furthermore aware of Malachor V's teachings and potentials. Traya relates that Revan did once visit the planet's surface, and the existence of his shadow army there after the war lends credit to this. Additionally, he used the echoes of the planet caused by its fell teachings and the mass death of the Battle of Malachor V specifically to turn or twist Jedi in its wake. The fact that the Exile, his lover at the time, was so affected makes you wonder.

Conclusion: Revan had access to these teachings. Since he founded a sect of Sith assassins who used it both passively and actively, it's logical to assume he's capable enough to use it, or at least defend himself from it.

Nihilus had no personality, and his hunger eclipsed who he was. Fundamentally, he is different from the Sith Emperor who has a distinct personality and an agenda besides just eating the ever living hell out of the Force. The SE also used the technique on a personal level to absorb his father, remember. He's not all rituals now.

No, she opted to come back herself. They mentioned it in the council scene dialogue.

ares834
Don't forget that Malak could use what appears to be drain as well.

S_W_LeGenD
Here are minor hints:

1. Revan's force sense abilities are so incredible that he can sense the presence of a Force user accross the Galaxy whom he wants to locate.

2. Revan has incredible tolerance. He can absorb incredibly strong bursts of Force Lightning (deadly enough to incinerate even powerful Jedi and Sith) with bare hands and redirect them back to its main source.

3. Revan is the most powerful Jedi of KOTOR era.

4. Lord Scourge was in awe by Revan's command of the Force, whil he himself had brilliant potential. Two figures stood apart among all from in the Galaxy in the mind of Lord Scourge. Revan and Sith Emperor. Both had such unique command of the Force and understood it in ways that no other ever had before them.

I will give more later on.

@ Nephthys

Revan and Bastilla were enough to take on Sith Triumvirate on their own. Do the math.

Also, another hint for you:

"Led by a woman named Kreia, the rogue Jedi turned to the dark side teachings uncovered by Malak and Revan. Kreia took the name Darth Traya, and her followers called themselves the Sith after the long-lost species that had invaded the Republic a millennium before."

Kriea studied what Revan had already known.

S_W_LeGenD
Continued...

Revan had no issues moving heavy objects with the Force. He never struggled in such situations.

And finally;

And Revan could feed on others to replenish himself. He does this to survive in the stasis. And he engages the Sith Emperor in a very long war of WILLS. His intervention manages to delay the invasion of the Republic.

Regarding the Sith Emperor;

He is so damn powerful that one wonders if even Darth Sidious can stand up to him in single combat. It is clear that Master Yoda cannot.

The Sith Emperor has surpassed the likes of Marka Ragnos and Exar Kun by an enormous margin.

Nephthys
But the point is the analogy is incorrect; the average person cannot replicate Superman because his powers are entirely alien to the human condition, whereas a Force user can study and use Force powers of another by virtue of being a Force user. That doesn't mean they use it equally well (because that's an argument of proficiency) but it is clear that Force powers are learn-able to those who can touch the Force.

Its an analogy. Of course it isn't goint to be a perfect fit. roll eyes (sarcastic) And the technique is alien to the human condition. A person should not live outside of the Force. But who the **** cares, its just an analogy.

You're forgetting something very, very important here:

Traya, Nihilus, and the Sith assassins of their empire all used this power to one degree or another, and they all acquired it through exposure to Malachor V's presence and teachings.

Sion was also on malachor and he didn't learn it. Just because Revan was on Malachor does not mean he knew the technique. Thats complete bullshit.

So let's take two-and-two:

1. Traya learned this ability on Malachor V. The KotOR sourcebook makes this clear as well, bringing up the fact that the Sith assassins which populated the planet's library did not attack her but instead brought her a Sith hermetica to study the technique. It describes the technique in some detail and furthermore points out that these same assassins accepted her as their leader because she was Revan's old master.

So?

Also, could you post this source?

2. Traya says, in one of her monologues, that Revan taught his Sith assassins this same power of leeching Force powers from others, passively and actively.

Again, could you post this? I don't believe I've ever seen her say this. He corrupted many jedi and used the echoes of war and devestation to do so, but I've never seen it boldly proclaimed that he taught them Nihilus' technique.

3. Revan was furthermore aware of Malachor V's teachings and potentials. Traya relates that Revan did once visit the planet's surface, and the existence of his shadow army there after the war lends credit to this. Additionally, he used the echoes of the planet caused by its fell teachings and the mass death of the Battle of Malachor V specifically to turn or twist Jedi in its wake. The fact that the Exile, his lover at the time, was so affected makes you wonder.

Was it his shadow army? I though they served the Triumvirate. again, simply because he corrupted many Jedi does not automatically give him the ability. Even if he drove them to the technique on purpose it would not give him the technique. Simply knowing about it and how it works means jack shit. The Council knew alot about and a fat lot it did them. You need to be taught it instinctively. Not through reading the libraries on Malachor.

Conclusion: Revan had access to these teachings. Since he founded a sect of Sith assassins who used it both passively and actively, it's logical to assume he's capable enough to use it, or at least defend himself from it.

Despite there being no defence? And merely founding something doesn't mean you can do everything they can. Kaan founded an assassin academy. Does that mean he can automatically turn himself invisible? Fight like a ninja? No.

Besides, Revan doesn't display any of the side affects of the technique. Is Revan so awesome that he can not only channel the Light and Dark sides of the Force at the same time but he can also withstand all forms of corruption?

Nihilus had no personality, and his hunger eclipsed who he was. Fundamentally, he is different from the Sith Emperor who has a distinct personality and an agenda besides just eating the ever living hell out of the Force. The SE also used the technique on a personal level to absorb his father, remember. He's not all rituals now.

I don't remember because books come out like a week late in England.

No, she opted to come back herself. They mentioned it in the council scene dialogue.

Fair enough. I'm still sure I remember it mentioned that he sent her back, or allowed her to return, but I can't be asked to look it up.

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Here are minor hints:

1. Revan's force sense abilities are so incredible that he can sense the presence of a Force user accross the Galaxy whom he wants to locate.

Meh. Kreia one-upped that and had a psychic conversation with someone across the galaxy. As dis Luke in Dark Empire.

@ Nephthys

Revan and Bastilla were enough to take on Sith Triumvirate on their own. Do the math.

Heh. Sure.

Also, another hint for you:

"Led by a woman named Kreia, the rogue Jedi turned to the dark side teachings uncovered by Malak and Revan. Kreia took the name Darth Traya, and her followers called themselves the Sith after the long-lost species that had invaded the Republic a millennium before."

Kriea studied what Revan had already known.

Yes, Revan found Malachor. So? That doesn't automatically mean he used the technique. I mean, unless he was dumb.

Continued...

Revan had no issues moving heavy objects with the Force. He never struggled in such situations.

How heavy? Was it heavier than a Hutt? Or House?

And finally;

And Revan could feed on others to replenish himself. He does this to survive in the stasis. And he engages the Sith Emperor in a very long war of WILLS. His intervention manages to delay the invasion of the Republic.

That Reva knew Force Drain is irrelevent. It is not the same thing as Nihilus's drain.

Regarding the Sith Emperor;

He is so damn powerful that one wonders if even Darth Sidious can stand up to him in single combat. It is clear that Master Yoda cannot.

The Sith Emperor has surpassed the likes of Marka Ragnos and Exar Kun by an enormous margin.

How is it clear Yoda couldn't? Yoda was more or less Sidious' equal.

S_W_LeGenD
Meh. Kreia one-upped that and had a psychic conversation with someone across the galaxy. As dis Luke in Dark Empire.
We still do not know the full extent of Revan's capabilities.

Here is the feat though:

Once he had tried to reach out to her with the Force. Serving in battle with someone formed a special bond; even across the breadth of the galaxy he should have been able to get some vague sense of her presence. Yet he had felt nothing.

He could not sense her because Exile was cut off from the Force by this time.

Heh. Sure.
Here;

Had Revan returned to face this new threat, Bastila would have eagerly fought by his side. Together they might have been able to quell the uprising, ending it before the horrors of war enveloped the Republic and millions lost their lives.

Yes, Revan found Malachor. So? That doesn't automatically mean he used the technique. I mean, unless he was dumb.
Revan explored that world for Sith treasures. Kriea only rediscovered what Malak and Revan had learned from there.

How heavy? Was it heavier than a Hutt? Or House?
Not much details have been put in those events.

Here is one such occurrence:

At the far end of the hall, another half a dozen of the Imperial Guard rounded the corner. Revan reached out with the Force and ripped the vaulted stone archway in the ceiling above them free from its setting. A shower of dust and debris rained down on the reinforcements, sending them into temporary retreat.

We don't know heavy this thing was but Revan ripped that stone structure to shreds.

Also, this is not the only one.

He managed to instantly force-open the two locked enormous and heavy durasteel doors of the Throne room with a mere guesture.

That Reva knew Force Drain is irrelevent. It is not the same thing as Nihilus's drain.
Revan still would have known about these techniques.

Led by a woman named Kreia, the rogue Jedi turned to the dark side teachings uncovered by Malak and Revan. Kreia took the name Darth Traya, and her followers called themselves the Sith after the long-lost species that had invaded the Republic a millennium before. They began a systemic purge of the galaxy, hunting down those who still held fast to the Jedi Code, killing them by the tens of thousands. Their relentless pursuit virtually wiped out the Order, and only those few who managed to flee or hide survived.

No need to dodge my points.

How is it clear Yoda couldn't? Yoda was more or less Sidious' equal.
Yoda is not Sidious's equal. Sidious became more powerful after the events of ROTS.

Also, I have told you before that you need to let go off your old beliefs. Star Wars is constantly changing and evolving with passage of time. What is stated in ROTS novelization may no longer remain valid.

The Sith Emperor would destroy Yoda without much effort. His Force attacks are so dominating and overwhelming that no living organism can tolerate them. He is stronger then the combined might of 100 ancient powerful Dark Lords put to together.

He killed the entire Dark Council made up of the strongest Sith Lords in the Galaxy by himself.

Even his mental barrage can override the WILL of his foes. He will just mind wipe Yoda and make him his pawn.

Start getting used to all the shit that EU is coming up with lately.

Dr McBeefington
100 dark lords? They were simply sith lords who weren't even on the dark council. While the feat is incredibly impressive, we don't know how powerful those sith were.

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
Clearly the power Meetra is refering to is political power.

S_W_LeGenD

ares834
More powerful tha Nihilus... Intresting.

Really though, the Exile just came out looking rather weak in this book.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by ares834

I agree with this statement. Neph, I'll try to gather some resources. I can get scans of the KotOR Sourcebook easy enough, but finding the right conversation is difficult since I no longer possess my copy of KotOR II.

Nephthys
If you want I could look for it. I've still got my copy.

Stealth Moose
That would be great. IIRC, it's one of her optional dialogues about Revan, onboard the ship. Modding your influence might help get it early.

I really miss that game. Even Peragus.

Nephthys
I'll be back with your argument shortly.

Nephthys
Damn, does it need to be on the ship? I'm stuck on Onderon.

Stealth Moose
I'm fairly certain it's a discussion in her room on the Ebon Hawk.

Nephthys
Goddamit. Looks like I need to solve that ****ing murder again.

Stealth Moose
Whups.

Nephthys
Sorry but it'll take about an hour to blow through Onderon and **** that noise.

And my only other save is right after Kreia betrays you ironically enough.

At least I got that sweet quote to rub in Gideons big stinky nose.

Stealth Moose
Truth there. We need to find a script for KotOR II.

Wait, didn't Vene have something like that years ago?

Zampanó
Baqreba vf zl snibevgr cynarg. V rawblrq orvat fbzrjurer unysjnl pvivyvmrq sbe bapr. Tbq gung tnzr vf whfg bar jebat ghea nsgre nabgure.

Lucius
Script for KOTOR II? What?

S_W_LeGenD
Yes. Both Revan and the Sith Emperor had greater command of the Force.

No, this is a misconception.

Exile was clearly mentioned as a powerful Jedi and Revan was impressed by her accomplishments.

In duels, Exile handled her own. Lord Scourge was an EXPERT swordsman and Exile was just as good as him in combat and with the Force. It means that she was an EXPERT swordswoman too and a fine Force-user.

This explains that how she took Darth Traya down.

ares834
Yes. Both Revan and the Sith Emperor had greater command of the Force.

It was a rhetorical question. Regardless, Nihilis is not strong in the force in the usual way.

Compared to most other Jedi Heroes she sure looked it. Hell, her and Scourge working together couldn't take down one dark lord who Revan then pwned without much more than a flick of the wrist. Funny really, when the Exile was clearly meant to be Revan's equal in KotOR 2.

S_W_LeGenD
It was a rhetorical question. Regardless, Nihilis is not strong in the force in the usual way.
I understand. However, I pointed out the canon point.

Compared to most other Jedi Heroes she sure looked it. Hell, her and Scourge working together couldn't take down one dark lord who Revan then pwned without much more than a flick of the wrist. Funny really, when the Exile was clearly meant to be Revan's equal in KotOR 2.
There is no need to generalize on this. But indeed funny.

Scourge and Exile both understood that how powerful Revan actually was. They were not in his league.

Also, Lord Nyriss was no ordinary character. She was a member of the Dark Council and among the most powerful individuals in the Galaxy. She was also well-versed in the Sith Lore. Scourge himself realized that he was no match for her when he met her and studied her.

Nyriss proved to be significantly more skilled that the members of the Sith Triumvirate. She would have exteriminated both Scourge and Exile simultaneously, if Revan had not stepped in. Revan's defensive capabilities were simply remarkable.

Also, Darth Traya pointed out that Exile was her greatest student. She did not compared him to Revan in terms of capabilities and power though.

Darth _Sadow1
Revan can clear it.

Darth _Sadow1
I remain sceptical the Emperor can use Traya and Nihilus' technique in combat. If he could he probably would have tried it on Revan when they fought (assuming he didn't....... ).
He used a ritual to do it. Nihilus can do it by just being around you...

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
He used a ritual to do it. Nihilus can do it by just being around you...
Vitiate was a practitioner of Force Drain and Sever Force applications and could perform them in combat situations. He used the former on Revan and the latter on Lord Drammath.

Nephthys
coughbullshitcough

jmoul
I think Revan will get through the whole gauntlet, however if Bane has the orbalisks, Revan will have a much harder time killing Bane than anybody else on the list, because even if he figures out that he can fry the orbalisks and kill Bane with lightning, he still has to land a hit with the lightning in the first place to do so.

Q99
I'd say Krayt, Caedus and Bane all have a chance.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
I'd say Krayt, Caedus and Bane all have a chance.
Krayt? No.

Nephthys
Krayt is actually pretty powerful.

S_W_LeGenD
coughbullshitcough
Vitiate fed on Revan's power; though not in combat situation. He (Vitiate), however, disabled Lord Drammath during combat much like Nihilus disabled Traya but much more effectively in comparison. This is why I used the word "applications".

Krayt is actually pretty powerful.
Yes, he is but he is not extraordinary/legend material.

To defeat Revan, the individual has to be extraordinary.

((The_Anomaly))
What we should have is revan vs starkilller. Then we could see the battle of the 2 stupidest most overhyped retarded characters in all of Star Wars lore.

Q99

Yes, he is but he is not extraordinary/legend material.

To defeat Revan, the individual has to be extraordinary.

I'd say, "Greatest Force User of his time, over a century old, transcended death through his mastery of the force," qualifies as extraordinary.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Q99
I'd say, "Greatest Force User of his time, over a century old, transcended death through his mastery of the force," qualifies as extraordinary.

You picked the wrong fight with the wrong person, my friend.

axel_jovan

S_W_LeGenD

S_W_LeGenD

Q99
Agreed that I don't think Revan's lacking in the area, but Krayt took down four Imperial Knights (i.e. Jedi who work for the Fel Empire)- the Emperor's personal bodyguard and including a member of the Fel family, in seconds, when surrounded.

As well as a younger, less-powerful Krayt being a tough fight for post-ROTS Kenobi.

Krayt's very strong in the saber department, even for a Sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.