The Amazing Spiderman: The Video Game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
TRAILER
kU5Ghx3TaeE

SOUNDTRACK SONG
w7RumiJFQXs

http://arkhamtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/The-Amazing-Spider-man-Movie-Video-Game-Concept-Art-BKBN-News-Flash.jpg
http://cgterminal.speedymirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Concept-Art-01.jpg
http://abovegroundmagazine.com/images/photographs/the-amazing-spider-man-video-game-3-500x281.jpg

Man, swinging through the city to that soundtrack will be epic! And the graphics in those screen shots look phenomenal! For those who don't know, this game is being made by the same people who did Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time. I guess those games were warm ups for the main event. I'm definitely looking forward to this.

SamZED
PLEASE be as good as Spider-man 2 for PS2!

Arachnid1
We've got a new trailer for a villain in the movie. Rhino!

J-7qN9cohSU

Here's some information regarding a new take on him inspired by the movies.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-amazing-spider-man-game/Rhino

I gotta say, he's looking pretty damn good. The only thing that kind of bugs me with this is the dark and depressing tone they're going for in the movies. A character like Rhino would have been a great villain to insert some comedic value with, but they made him a confused, ferocious, rampaging monster. That's cool and all, but I'm hoping Garfield cracks a few good jokes with him at least.

Also, that IGN like also confirms Morbius is in the game, as a human at least. I'm assuming he gets bonded with bat DNA to get his powers like Lizard is bonded with Lizard DNA and Rhino is bonded with Rhino DNA. If they're going to keep with this theme, we'll probably get a bunch of animal themed villains. That throws in Beetle, Chameleon, Doctor Octopus (doubtful), Man Wolf, Scorpion, Vulture, and Swarm. And with all these animal characters, Kraven cant be far behind.

Another thing I like from that trailer is the fighting mechanics. Those moves looked great! They kind of reminded of Arkham Asylum because of how intertwined you get with the thugs. They did a good job with that. I'm pretty hyped for this game!

Also, I might as well put this trailer up since it pretty much confirms Spider Slayers.
FhP0abkGmJ0

TheMagicPillow
Looking forward to this game (though i probably shouldn't get my hopes up with a movie tie-in game).

Still i like what the're doing with the characters.

Also they confirmed Stan Lee is a playable character.

Kazenji
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow

Also they confirmed Stan Lee is a playable character.

Wonder what power's Stan will have.

SamZED
The ones he has in real life I guess. Omnipotence. They say he got it after he got bitten by a radioactive awesomeness.

TheMagicPillow
Bruce Campbell is also going to be back for the game, don't know what role yet (most likely narrating the tutorial).
Games looking pretty good so far.

SamZED
I have a confession to make. If this game lives up to my expectations then ill be more excited about then im excited about the movie. One thing that botheres me - wiki says Rhino is not just A villain in the game, it says he's THE main villain because the events of the game take place after the movie. I hope wiki is wrong.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by SamZED
I have a confession to make. If this game lives up to my expectations then ill be more excited about then im excited about the movie. One thing that botheres me - wiki says Rhino is not just A villain in the game, it says he's THE main villain because the events of the game take place after the movie. I hope wiki is wrong. That sounds horrible. I hope it's wrong. Iguana is also in the game, and both of them are just vicious rampaging monsters. I doubt any one of them are the main bad guys. I'm hoping for someone a little more important.

SamZED
I'm hoping for some Mysterio levels, the ones from sm2 were epic.

SamZED
More gameplay. Webrush looks cool, although I dont like it when you press one button and the character does everything for you.
But yay! He has a working spider sense like in SM2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvUIspusVf4&feature=related

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
More web-swinging, plus actual combat vs Rhino:

DiKT_6KGm9g

SamZED
Effing awesome!!!!!!

SamZED
Im more excited about the game than I am about the movie. Weird. Only thing that bothers me Pete's voice is too "adult". Also the weblines sometimes get attached to the sky but I can live with that.

Kazenji
Seen some of the reviews for this, Saying the game is too easy when it comes to the combat & boss fights.

SamZED
Meh still going to buy it. Although 80$ is too much for a game.

Estacado
I beat the game under 12 hours while doing almost every sidemission.
The graphics are pretty good the fighting is copy of Batman AA but not as smooth the boss fights and the animations are pretty damn good the web rush locomotion is well done....overall I would give it a 7.5-8.
Unfortunetly there is no new game plus in it and webing is pretty much useless in the game there are no web based attacks besides the web rush and the throw they handled the web based attack better in previous games like SM2 & 3.Most of the upgrades are pretty meh..

SamZED
Wait, you mean after you beat the game you cant webswing freely stopping random crime?

Estacado
Only for a limited time since the sidemissions stop popping up after you beat an amount of them after that you can only collect comic pages or replay the missions from Pete's home where you can also change costumes.

Estacado
KK this f'in sucks balls I beat the game on normal getting all inside collectibles and 250 comics out of 700 I wanted to beat the game on hard but since there is no new game plus and if you want to start a new game it will auto rewrite your previous game I wont be restarting...shame wanted to get 1000..sad

SamZED
But is the gAme worth buying? Also can you die if you fall from big heights?

Estacado
No you can't die from falling....also the game is pretty damn good but it does have some flaws as I mentioned it does worth a rent for sure but imo now days the only games that worth the price are rpg games like Skyrim ,Dragon's Dogma ,Mass Effect cause of their lenght and in game options.
As for an SM game this is the best one yet imo.

Scythe
I mentioned this before, but what the hell. It isn't worth full price imo, but to me I picked it up at full price but the packaging came with two free movie tickets that my buddy and I used to go to a more expensive theater that we hardly go to cuz my friends are cheap, haha. Not sure if the movie ticket dealie-o is just a US dept. store thing though.

SamZED
Originally posted by Estacado
No you can't die from falling....also the game is pretty damn good but it does have some flaws as I mentioned it does worth a rent for sure but imo now days the only games that worth the price are rpg games like Skyrim ,Dragon's Dogma ,Mass Effect cause of their lenght and in game options.
As for an SM game this is the best one yet imo. Ugh... How hard was it to make it so he could die from falling like in SM2. That kills the thrill of web swinging for me...

Estacado
Most of the times when falling from great heights Spidey shoots some webbing right before landing to make sure he won't go splat on the ground it's an auto animation though...

kofmaster
game is too short, ive read that they are releasing more game play in a couple of months, about 4 more hrs of game play and new suits, so should make up for how short the game actually is. and the final battle...i expected more.

but for a spidey game, two thumbs up coz ive played some crappy ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.