What if current Marvel Earth fell to The Flood...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In this senario, Marvel Earth and every hero and villian upon it, has fallen to The Flood...

The powers, knowledge, technology, and full abilities of every single being upon Earth (including those that visit Earth regularly) has been assimilated by The Gravemind, while every life form on Earth now possesses Flood infection...

As a result there are over 7 billion combat forms and millions of trillions of infection forms...

Using the best of the best of Marvel Earths technology (as well as the staggering power of The Gravemind itself), The Flood begin to spread out in an attempt to bring Flood infection to every corner of the universe (every planet that falls will have its entire biosphere infected, while any and every scrap of knowledge, tech, superpowers, and abilities will be assimilated by The Gravemind thereby making it stronger) ...

My question is this, who is the weakest being in Marvel that could stop The Flood and restore Earth to its former (un-infected) status under such extreme conditions?

Sr J-Bieb
Thanos

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Thanos

Yeah right...

Not even in the wildest dreams of the TDF could Thanos accomplish this feat...

Nihilist
Thanos thumb up +1

Q99
Doug Ramsey.

Figure out the words needed to have the absorbed minds take control.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Nihilist
thumb up +1

^^

Troll +1000000000

Happy Dance

Nihilist
Thanos Originally posted by Nihilist
thumb up +1

TheLordofMurder

How does Thanos defeat a being with the powers, abilities, tech, and knowledge of every being on Earth, 7+ billion combat forms, 1 million+ trillion infection forms, AND restore the Earth to its previous non-infected state?

LoL; he lacks the power to accomplish such a feat...

He'd only embarrass himself attempting to do so; Thanos isnt high enough on the totem pole to even enter this contest...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Q99
Doug Ramsey.

Figure out the words needed to have the absorbed minds take control.

All the minds are dead; The Gravemind simply possesses their memories (as well as all of their powers/abilities if applicable) and has control over their corpses...

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
How does Thanos defeat a being with the powers, abilities, tech, and knowledge of every being on Earth, 7+ billion combat forms, 1 million+ trillion infection forms, AND restore the Earth to its previous non-infected state?

LoL; he lacks the power to accomplish such a feat...

He'd only embarrass himself attempting to do so; Thanos isnt high enough on the totem pole to even enter this contest... As the avatar of Death Thanos easily slaughtered billions of universal church follows in his new invulnerable form whilst weakened.

Curing/reversing injuries/altering dna is easy work for Thanos as hes done it all be for and thats without him using tech.

TheLordofMurder
As the avatar of Death Thanos easily slaughtered billions of universal church follows in his new invulnerable form whilst weakened.

Curing/reversing injuries/altering dna is easy work for Thanos as hes done it all be for and thats without him using tech.

Yeah...he slaughtered weak fodder.

The Gravemind need not even face Thanos directly; The Flood is omni-parasitic and Thanos is a biological organism...they'll infect him in fairly short order.

Thanos ends up as a pawn of The Gravemind.

Nihilist
Yeah...he slaughtered weak fodder.Clear sign you dont squat about about them as they are powered by how many faith believers believe and they are trillions of them

You do know Thanos is eternal and dont they get infected or suffer illness, hell Thanos is part bio amplification also

Highly unlikely as he has the will power to resist.

rotiart
Sentry beat up omega? That one mutant that had the powers of every other mutant on earth?

Send in Thor. Cause he beat up sentry...
Thor also blast a glory hole

Lord Feron
Damn everyone on earth and anyone who visit it regularly.

I would say Classic Uatu. Unsure if he is the weakest but he should be able to make everything right. (would he be a regular visitor?)

Badabing
I don't know who's starting what or why there's a problem. But whatever it is, it needs to stop. shrug

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Badabing
I don't know who's starting what or why there's a problem. But whatever it is, it needs to stop. shrug

um, is it because Flood might not be a comic book character? What is the problem? embarrasment

Nihilist
Originally posted by Badabing
I don't know who's starting what or why there's a problem. But whatever it is, it needs to stop. shrug LOM just doesnt like what he hears when he cant argue against it or it favours a character he doesnt like.

Parmaniac
What the hell is the flood?

TheLordofMurder
@Nihilist

Eternals are immune to conventional diseases and certainly Earthly infections, but Flood infection is not conventional nor Earthly...its infection knows no bounds...Flood can infect any species.

Any organism can be infected (hence its omni-parasitic)...thats why Halo is designed to destroy all neurologically complex life...its the only way to truly eliminate the parasite.

Its written to be exactly that devastating, so no...Thanos's Eternal status means nothing against The Flood...he can be infected just as easily as a normal human being.

And once he's infected, he becomes a pawn of The Gravemind...

Thanos isnt cut out to take on this plague; you need someone that doesnt possess a physical, organic, body at the minimum to take them on...this isnt truly a knock on Thanos though...Odin and the Asgardians wouldnt fare any better against them.

Edit: And once the infection problem is solved, you still need someone powerful enough to beat a being that possesses the total power of every hero and villian on Earth combined (Franklin Richards is here btw); Thanos has nowhere near enough power to do this...

TheLordofMurder
LOM just doesnt like what he hears when he cant argue against it or it favours a character he doesnt like.

Not that at all; you dont really know the subject matter here, but just wanna troll with your continuous Thanos crusading...

Logically, Thanos cant stop The Flood given the parameters of the OP; you need someone that is non-organic and far more powerful than him to get the job done...

Sr J-Bieb
I don't see how the Flood could take over any serious entity anyway. They took over a bunch of humans and Cov. Human Torch would send them back to Brazil.

This thread is logically impossible. It falls apart. Plus it's not comics, and Thanos as always is the correct answer

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Damn everyone on earth and anyone who visit it regularly.

I would say Classic Uatu. Unsure if he is the weakest but he should be able to make everything right. (would he be a regular visitor?)

He is definitely a regular visitor, but I am not sure if he is actually organic or not...

If he is organic, then his power has been compromised by The Gravemind...

TheLordofMurder
I don't see how the Flood could take over any serious entity anyway. They took over a bunch of humans and Cov. Human Torch would send them back to Brazil.

This thread is logically impossible. It falls apart. Plus it's not comics, and Thanos as always is the correct answer

I see you never read the novels; The Flood took over alot more than that...

And, the thread is very possible...its just as possible as the many ridiculous parameters asigned to threads here on the forums.

And no, Thanos has no chance here; only in the mind of members of the TDF can he win this...

Sr J-Bieb
I see you never read the novels; The Flood took over alot more than that...

And, the thread is very possible...its just as possible as the many ridiculous parameters asigned to threads here on the forums.

And no, Thanos has no chance here; only in the mind of members of the TDF can he win this... I see you've never read any appearances of Thanos. He wins.

Also, what did they take over past humans and Cov? Brutes? What kind of species in the Haloverse did they take over that was actually impressive when you're talking about Marvel Earth?

Good, then my "Ewoks destroy DC Earth, who can stop them" thread will be a big hit.

No chance of losing.

TheLordofMurder
I see you've never read any appearances of Thanos. He wins.

Also, what did they take over past humans and Cov? Brutes? What kind of species in the Haloverse did they take over that was actually impressive when you're talking about Marvel Earth?

Good, then my "Ewoks destroy DC Earth, who can stop them" thread will be a big hit.

No chance of losing.

The Forerunners, among others...

And yeah, I've seen Thanos's appearances; tell me, how does he win this? Dont be a d!ck about it either if you intend to seriously debate this, otherwise dont bother responding...

"Thanos wins" just because he's Thanos is an empty BS argument that doesnt hold water...

I, on the other hand, have supplied several specific reasons why Thanos has no chance here...

Sr J-Bieb
The Forerunners, among others...

And yeah, I've seen Thanos's appearances; tell me, how does he win this? Dont be a d!ck about it either if you intend to seriously debate this, otherwise dont bother responding...

"Thanos wins" just because he's Thanos is an empty BS argument that doesnt hold water...

I, on the other hand, have supplied several specific reasons why Thanos has no chance here... You've convinced me. If the nigh featless Forerunners have fallen, what hope does Marvel earth have?

Because if the Flood can take over Marvel Earth, then Thanos is dealing with a bunch of street level to low meta level beings.

TheLordofMurder
You've convinced me. If the nigh featless Forerunners have fallen, what hope does Marvel earth have?

Because if the Flood can take over Marvel Earth, then Thanos is dealing with a bunch of street level to low meta level beings.

Featless Forerunners!? Oh my...you definitely have some reading to do.

I suggest you start with the Forerunner Trilogy; it details their meeting and war with The Flood...its an excellent read...especially if you are a Halo fan...book 2 comes out in January...cant wait!!

And surely you arent suggesting that Marvel Earth only has street levelers and low meta's on it; everyone on Earth (and those that visit regularly; that are organic of course) have been infected by The Flood as per the OP...

You might want to give this a little more thought...

Edit: Ghosts of Onyx (another Halo novel) also gives you an idea of how ridiculously advance Forerunner technology was...

Featless is the last thing the Forerunners were...

Sr J-Bieb
Featless Forerunners!? Oh my...you definitely have some reading to do.

I suggest you start with the Forerunner Trilogy; it details their meeting and war with The Flood...its an excellent read...especially if you are a Halo fan...book 2 comes out in January...cant wait!!

And surely you arent suggesting that Marvel Earth only has street levelers and low meta's on it; everyone on Earth (and those that visit regularly; that are organic of course) have been infected by The Flood as per the OP...

You might want to give this a little more thought...

Edit: Ghosts of Onyx (another Halo novel) also gives you an idea of how ridiculously advance Forerunner technology was...

Featless is the last thing the Forerunners were... Nigh featless. And what did they do? Did they pick up skyscraper sized objects with their own power, or did they create advanced technology?

Allow me to read a book I care nothing about so I can discuss why they suck with you.

They do if the Flood took them over, is what I'm saying. Every super powered being must have died and decomposed before they arrived.

TheLordofMurder
What did the Forerunners do?

Literally create planets...terraform planets...turn entire worlds (literally) into supermassive weapons...create weapons that can destroy all neurologically complex life in an entire galaxy...among other things.

But since you insist on being a d!ck and have no intent on actually discussing this topic, I'll spend no more time on you pertaining to this...

Cheers!

smile

Sr J-Bieb
What did the Forerunners do?

Literally create planets...terraform planets...turn entire worlds (literally) into supermassive weapons...create weapons that can destroy all neurologically complex life in an entire galaxy...among other things.

But since you insist on being a d!ck and have no intent on actually discussing this topic, I'll spend no more time on you pertaining to this...

Cheers!

smile With technology. Halo Rings aren't their own power

Concession accepted

TheLordofMurder
With technology. Halo Rings aren't their own power

Concession accepted

So a character using his/her/its own tech isnt legit because its tech?

LoL...tell that to Tony Starks, Doctor Doom, and your beloved Thanos; technology plays a big role in the capabilities of each of these characters. Their feats accomplished using tech is just as legit as those made by Forerunners using tech...

Thanos's durability feat against Galactus is bogus because he used tech to protect himself...omg!!!

LoL...

The only thing I'll conceed here is that your argument is weak and doesnt hold water...

Cheers!

smile

Sr J-Bieb
So a character using his/her/its own tech isnt legit because its tech?

LoL...tell that to Tony Starks, Doctor Doom, and your beloved Thanos; technology plays a big role in the capabilities of each of these characters. Their feats accomplished using tech is just as legit as those made by Forerunners using tech...

The only thing I'll conceed here is that your argument is weak and doesnt hold water...

Cheers!

smile So, the Forerunners have Halo sized rings as giant battle suits, is what you're saying? Otherwise your comparison is shit. Tony, Doom, and my Beloved Thanos all have incorperated tech into their own power, or at least, constantly wear the tech.

The Forerunners have no feats on their own comparable to anyone in Marvel. What they have, is great tech feats of crafting the Halo Rings.

Reed Richards could create a million universal devices, but Namor is going to smash him everytime. Does that mean Namor is a universal being? God no (actually, ya, Namor is pretty fantastic). It's the same shit you're trying to say here.

Just because you create a bunch of stuff with tech that is no way connected to your own power, that doesn't mean that you're powerful.

You have to use your brain sometimes. And also not directly contradict yourself in your next post.

TheLordofMurder
So, the Forerunners have Halo sized rings as giant battle suits, is what you're saying? Otherwise your comparison is shit. Tony, Doom, and my Beloved Thanos all have incorperated tech into their own power, or at least, constantly wear the tech.

The Forerunners have no feats on their own comparable to anyone in Marvel. What they have, is great tech feats of crafting the Halo Rings.

Reed Richards could create a million universal devices, but Namor is going to smash him everytime. Does that mean Namor is a universal being? God no (actually, ya, Namor is pretty fantastic). It's the same shit you're trying to say here.

Just because you create a bunch of stuff with tech that is no way connected to your own power, that doesn't mean that you're powerful.

You have to use your brain sometimes. And also not directly contradict yourself in your next post.

So you know the Forerunners have no feats accomplished using their own power armor and genetic alterations to their bodies...right?

And you know this because you have read the novels...right?

You sir have won the ignorance award for the day; you are attempting to intelligently discuss characters you dont know anything about...

LoL...

Sr J-Bieb
So you know the Forerunners have no feats accomplished using their own power armor and genetic alterations to their bodies...right?

And you know this because you have read the novels...right?

You sir have won the ignorance award for the day; you are attempting to intelligently discuss characters you dont know anything about...

LoL... Way to prove me wrong murderlord

Badabing
Closed. I guess people don't understand that when a mod posts that all the incivility should stop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.