Pacific Rim

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Surprised that theres no threads for this yet

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5549/37873l.jpg

Giant monsters versus giant robots after a portal opens up, Twenty-five-story-high robots beating the crap out of 25-story-high monsters

Comes out 2013

Director: Guillermo del Toro

Cast: Charlie Day, Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba and now Ron Perlman

siriuswriter
Isn't Ron Perlman in like, 50 percent of Del Toro's movies? Not that that's bad, I loved Hellboy's I and II. I thought he was one of the puppet masters in "Pan's Labyrinth," but I may be waaaaay off there.

Mr. Marshall
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D_ah5F7wyw4/SdKfeEIA0iI/AAAAAAAAAHY/6SacL-JcGcc/s400/neon_genesis_evangelion211.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Isn't Ron Perlman in like, 50 percent of Del Toro's movies? Not that that's bad, I loved Hellboy's I and II. I thought he was one of the puppet masters in "Pan's Labyrinth," but I may be waaaaay off there.

Starting to get like with George Lucas and Harrison Ford.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Starting to get like with George Lucas and Harrison Ford.

A better comparison would be Tim Burton & Johnny Depp.

Kazenji
That too.

roughrider
Ron Perlman is on speed dial with a few directors; Jean Jacques Annaud is another.

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter

He was also in Chronos, which I think might have been Del Toro's first flick.

Patient_Leech
I find Del Toro and Perlman to both be quite mediocre, so I guess they're a good match. And this sounds just like the kind of crap they'd do.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I find Del Toro and Perlman to both be quite mediocre, so I guess they're a good match. And this sounds just like the kind of crap they'd do.

Fair enough....

Patient_Leech

Giant monsters versus giant robots after a portal opens up, Twenty-five-story-high robots beating the crap out of 25-story-high monsters

I mean, this sounds like f*#king Power Rangers or something.

Kazenji
Yeah but Del Toro is doing for real like if it actually did happen and how would we cope with it all...not some cheesy shit you see from Power Rangers.

Kazenji
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8752/idriselbapacificrimoffi.jpg

Del Toro Talks Pacific Rim

RE: Blaxican
It's Prophet from Crysis!

BruceSkywalker
i just want to see Tokyo get destroyed once more.. laughing laughing laughing laughing

im hopeful the monsters are worthy of other onscreen monsters

Darth Martin
Idris Elba is the shit.

Blade II>>>>

marwash22
Guillermo, mechs, Aliens, Charlie Kelly, Jax Teller and Clay... sign me up

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22

Indeed, Show the Japanese how its done for live action.

jaden101

Del Toro is one of the best visual directors in the world. Fact.

Robtard

LoL.

Robtard

/win

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171549-comic-con-check-out-the-poster-for-guillermo-del-toros-pacific-rim
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/images/stories/2012/July/pacific-rim_poster.jpg

BruceSkywalker
i hope this isn't too "power rangersy"

Robtard
Oh, those mechs are going in the MVF.

Kazenji
Photo's

Scythe
Lookin' forward to this, aw yeaaahhh.

steverules_2
Where's a trailer sad

roughrider
The title will lend itself to the eventual XXX parody - Pacific Rim-job. Just wait. stick out tongue

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
The title will lend itself to the eventual XXX parody - Pacific Rim-job. Just wait. stick out tongue

laughing which will probably make a more interesting movie.. eek!

Kazenji
^

*Facepalm*

roughrider
^

*Facepalm*

We're just having some fun, mate. big grin

Esau Cairn

Kaz is just hiding his facial expression...after giving a rim-job. sick

Kazenji

It wasn't to you

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Kaz is just hiding his facial expression...after giving a rim-job. sick

And you shut the hell up alrady, I'm not gay for you at all go find someone else.

Patient_Leech
Lulz laughing

Ascendancy
I see much Cosplay fodder in the offing.

Robtard

Existed long before.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Existed long before.

Do you have an enjoy all 23 volumes?

Robtard
Do you have an enjoy all 23 volumes?

Only got to 14 before they were discontinued.

the ninjak
Never heard of this before.

Could be the Neon Genesis Evangelion we never got.

Honestly I can't understand why in this world of bigger, brighter entertainment we haven't received a Mega Mech Movie yet.

This movie will make a tonne a moneys regardless. The Asians will lose their minds. The West will pack the seats. And the rest will watch it anyways.

MEGA MECHS VS MEGA MONSTAS!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!!

Kazenji
New Photo's

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94218

Kazenji
Pacific Rim Footage at 1.15?

vm-p4xsuLh8

Robtard
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5504/17154504.png

marwash22
i was expecting something more polished and futuristic... Gundam-ish. Looks like it's gonna be more gritty which i guess shouldn't be a surprise given who the director is.

Robtard
I doubt that's actual footage, comparing that Mech to the one in the poster. Probably just some early rough modeling animation.

marwash22
mS6kk1bTqJs&feature=player_embedded

Robtard
Dope +1

Why the **** is the Golden Gate Bridge always getting ****ed up in films. Bunch of haters be jealous.

marwash22
The Brooklyn bridge put a hit out on it.

East Coast/West Coast beef will never die.

Kazenji
Del Toro is going to show the Japanese how its done, don't need no rubber suits.

Yurika
Sounds interesting, may watch it

steverules_2
There goes the golden gate bridge...again!

Kazenji
Blueprints for some of the Jaegers

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/171209-pacific-rim-kaiju-attack-video-and-jaeger-blueprint

Robtard
The Russian one does look like something the Soviets would have made back in the U.S.S.R. days. Big, bulky and ugly, but gets the job done.

Tzeentch._
Dope +1

Why the **** is the Golden Gate Bridge always getting ****ed up in films. Bunch of haters be jealous. ikr? Especially considering that no one uses the damn thing except the lazy social elite.

Real men use the bay bridge. 313

Robtard
Bay Bridge is too ugly for anyone to care enough to destroy it. It's also mostly used by the societal dreggs of the Bay Area.

BruceSkywalker
will see this, still wanna know if Japan gets destroyed once more big grin

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will see this, still wanna know if Japan gets destroyed once more big grin

/racist

BruceSkywalker
/racist

lol Rob lol...

Kazenji
Hi-Res pictures of those Jaeger blue prints

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=70737

even Australia has one.

Robtard
even Australia has one.

To further cement in us that this is sci-fi.

ares834
2vKz7WnU83E

This will be a triumph.

Kazenji
Sounds like GLAdos for the AI voice.

Lek Kuen
Sounds like GLAdos for the AI voice.
She is.

marwash22
Jax Teller gonna wreck shit.

Scythe
Originally posted by ares834
2vKz7WnU83E

This will be a triumph.

Godayum.

super pr*xy
my boner is definitely, DEFINITELY, going to last for more than 4 hours..

Robtard
Trailer made me wet.

Loved the jet-powered-punch. Dope +2.

BruceSkywalker
this looks good

marwash22
Trailer made me wet.

pics or it didn't happen.

KingD19
It's like Big O...on roids.

marwash22
Hopefully it doesn't suck as much as Big O.

Kazenji
Big O was great

what didn't you like about it?

Originally posted by KingD19
It's like Big O...on roids.

and every other anime series which feature giant robots and monsters.

Tzeentch._
Marwash hates good taste

Kazenji
Sounds like another Moocow to me.

Impediment
Ellen McLain aka GLaDOS is the AI voice of the Jaegers?!

Sweet!

jaden101
Did all you ***** lose your ****in marbles in my absence? This looks ****in dreadful.

marwash22
Big O was great

what didn't you like about it? lame Bruce Wayne/Batman rip-off character with a giant robot.

-kV-
I don't expect the story to be amazing, but the action looks sick.

Also, Idris Elba/Stringer Bell <3

"TODAY WE ARE CANCELLING THE APOCALYPSE!"

jaden101
It looks like a cheaply made Transformers vs 1998 Godzilla. Makes me worry for Del Toro's sanity. He's usually a great visual director as you can tell by Blade 2 and Hellboy 2 as well as Pan's Labyrinth. But this doesn't show any sign of being of that quality.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
Did all you ***** lose your ****in marbles in my absence? This looks ****in dreadful.

Then don't go an see it

let us like the movie from what we've from the trailer... but **** don't try and force your views on us.

jaden101
Are you a victim of OPINION RAPE! ??

I look forward to you admitting it was a big disappointment after it comes out.

Kazenji
Are you a victim of OPINION RAPE! ??

Well obviously you don't like from what you've seen from the trailer

Then don't go an see it.

and i look foward to you being surprised by the movie being good if it ends up being the case

jaden101
There's a paradox right there. you're TELLING me to not go and see it yet you're looking forward to me admitting I was wrong if it turns out I like it. I can't like it if I'm not going to see it (which I most likely will be doing anyway cos I have an unlimited card and me and my mate take turns choosing what we go see and this looks like his kind of shit.)

But in all seriousness. Even Jax Teller, Clay Morrox and Stringer Bell ain't rating this.

Mindset
jaden, shut your whore mouth.

Kazenji
There's a paradox right there. you're TELLING me to not go and see it yet you're looking forward to me admitting I was wrong if it turns out I like it. I can't like it if I'm not going to see it (which I most likely will be doing anyway cos I have an unlimited card and me and my mate take turns choosing what we go see and this looks like his kind of shit.).

Just wondering have you ever watched any of the countless anime series which this is obviously based on?

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Mindset

Robtard

If you end up enjoying it, you have to stick your Scottish head between your Scottish legs and swallow your own Scottish *******. Good, then.

Impediment
This movie screams Robot Jox meets Avatar meets Neon Genesis meets Godzilla.

Jaden is obviously not a fan of any of the above. stick out tongue

jaden101
Standards slip when I'm away. You mincers will all be telling me you're twilight fans next. Man up, you pathetic excuses for men.

But yes. I've watched Evangelion. wanky bullshit. The only Japanese anime worth a damn involves monsters ****ing massive titted schoolgirls.

steverules_2
I predict pacific rim vs Godzilla threads to be popping up

Kazenji
Standards slip when I'm away. You mincers will all be telling me you're twilight fans next. Man up, you pathetic excuses for men.

Don't know what the **** your on about

i'm far from being a twinky vamp fan

and what's more sad from you is your putting this movie up against the Twilight movies.

Mindset

and what's more sad from you is your putting this movie up against the Twilight movies. thumb upOriginally posted by Mindset

jaden101

and what's more sad from you is your putting this movie up against the Twilight movies.

You're exactly like a Twilight fan. You just enjoy gobbling down a different flavour of shit.

I wouldn't expect you to understand what I'm getting at, though. You've never came across as being blessed with an abundance of intelligence.

jaden101
If you end up enjoying it, you have to stick your Scottish head between your Scottish legs and swallow your own Scottish *******. Good, then.

You've become a disappointment. I think you should have a good think about the kind of person you're becoming.

Kazenji
FfB09Wie6yk

Robtard
You've become a disappointment. I think you should have a good think about the kind of person you're becoming.

Take that back.

Kazenji
Guillermo Del Toro On Using The Voice Of GLaDOS In PACIFIC RIM

Kazenji
Inverview with USA Today

Del Toro tells USA TODAY that Pacific Rim is "the only movie I've done where I don't want it to end."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/02/03/guillermo-del-toro-pacific-rim-sneak-peek/1884297/

Supra
Looks Horrible...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Supra
Looks Horrible... I am looking forward to it personally.

Supra
What makes you want to see it? The previews look bad to me..and people give Man of Steel a bad rap..compared to this it looks like MOS will be the best movie ever made.

quanchi112
What makes you want to see it? The previews look bad to me..and people give Man of Steel a bad rap..compared to this it looks like MOS will be the best movie ever made. Let's not get nuts here. I just like epic fantasy films. I don't think it;s going to be awesome but I look forward to these kinds of films.

Supra
Originally posted by quanchi112
Let's not get nuts here. I just like epic fantasy films. I don't think it;s going to be awesome but I look forward to these kinds of films.

Sorry, Its a Netflix for me.

Kazenji
Your loss.

quanchi112
Sorry, Its a Netflix for me. You won't even listen to your friends or any reviews ?

Supra
You won't even listen to your friends or any reviews ?

Ok if you guys say its good Ill go see it..it does Have Idris Elba so thats a plus. Maybe ill just see it to support him.

quanchi112
Ok if you guys say its good Ill go see it..it does Have Idris Elba so thats a plus. Maybe ill just see it to support him. It's worth a wait and see approach at least. I am in just on sheer epic fantasy film.

Supra
It's worth a wait and see approach at least. I am in just on sheer epic fantasy film.

Man can we call your Achilles or what? Every time I see your posts, that what I want to call yasmile

quanchi112
Man can we call your Achilles or what? Every time I see your posts, that what I want to call yasmile The sig will be changed soon. Don't call me Achilles.

Supra
Whats quanchi mean?

quanchi112
Whats quanchi mean? It's an mk sorcerer's name.

Supra
How many times you watched Troy, I prolly watched it 30 times minimum.

Kazenji
I'll see it regardless

i like Guillermo del Toro's movies.

quanchi112
How many times you watched Troy, I prolly watched it 30 times minimum. Not that many times.

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/pacificrimnewposter_zpsac28a807.jpg

Esau Cairn
I swear I'm gonna giggle every time they say "rim" in the movie.

marwash22
Originally posted by Zack Fair
zA92Rw6kNWw

dadudemon
Oh, those mechs are going in the MVF.

John Preston would still solo.

And Harry Potter would still solo.

roughrider
Holy **** - the Jaeger is using a supertanker as a baseball bat in that last scene! eek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA92Rw6kNWw

Robtard
Still looks like it's going to big one huge cheeseball blast of CGI and action entertainment. Going in with basement level expectations for the story, dialogue and acting, though. This is pure popcorn chewing.

marwash22
Rob, why do you hate freedom?

roughrider
Still looks like it's going to big one huge cheeseball blast of CGI and action entertainment. Going in with basement level expectations for the story, dialogue and acting, though. This is pure popcorn chewing.

blink

Do you know who Guillermo Del Toro is? What he's done before??

dadudemon

Everything in this post is correct.

I will still enjoy the movie. big grin

blink

I hope, "your mom", is his response. pained

Mindset
This will go down as the greatest work of fiction ever made.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dadudemon
Everything in this post is correct.

I will still enjoy the movie. big grin

I hope, "your mom", is his response. pained Robbie is narrow minded and has the ability to know what a movie is like just by seeing the preview.

Kazenji
I think that'll do for when it comes to trailers for this movie, I'll wait until the movie released.

Robtard
blink

Yeah, fat guy; good at directing most times. Besides your mom? I've known Del Toro's work since Cronos (1993)

Robtard
Robbie is narrow minded and has the ability to know what a movie is like just by seeing the preview.

Go watch Beautiful Creatures again, you puff.

quanchi112
Go watch Beautiful Creatures again, you puff. It wasn't good but at least I'm not narrow minded.

Robtard
It wasn't good but at least I'm not narrow minded.

So you watch everything on screen regardless of your gut feeling? No, you don't. Cry more, hypocrite twink.

quanchi112
So you watch everything on screen regardless of your gut feeling? No, you don't. Cry more, hypocrite twink. I give movies a chance and probably watch a lot more movies than you do. It's obvious I love movies more than you do.

Robtard
I give movies a chance and probably watch a lot more movies than you do. It's obvious I love movies more than you do.

Anytime you're done fisting your own ass and want to post on the topic of Pacific Rim, it'll be good. smile

quanchi112
Anytime you're done fisting your own ass and want to post on the topic of Pacific Rim, it'll be good. smile Looks enjoyable and glad you didn't object when I said I liked movies more.

dadudemon
Yeah, fat guy; good at directing most times. Besides your mom? I've known Del Toro's work since Cronos (1993)

laughing

Yes!

Looks enjoyable and glad you didn't object when I said I liked movies more.

Someone call an ambulance because Robtard was just BURNED!

Someone estimate the US gross on this movie's ticket sales.

My estimate is $300 million.

marwash22
I've known Del Toro's work since Cronos (1993) dude, how old are you?

Robtard
Looks enjoyable

and glad you didn't object when I said I liked movies more.

It does.

Back to fisting your own ass I see and so soon.

Robtard
dude, how old are you?

39. So you better watch it, or I'll hit on your mother and be your stepfather by the end of next week, son.

marwash22
my mother is 50 years old and has had 5 kids.

have at it.

Robtard
have at it, dad.

Fixed.

marwash22
Fixed. where's my child support, b!tch?

Robtard
where's my child support, b!tch?

You're in your mid 20's, deadbeat leeching off mommy. Get a job. (and no, masturbating and drawing doodles isn't it)

Lestov16
39. So you better watch it, or I'll hit on your mother and be your stepfather by the end of next week, son.

Bring it, old man

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Bring it, old man

Sorry; don't want your mother or you as my son. I have standards. Try RJ though.

Lestov16
Understandable. You're too weak for me to possibly share any genetic traits with. Clearly, you're Mr. Glass's father.

I can't believe you're whoring RJ out to me after you two have had such a well-known intimate relationship all these years. Guess you guys have an open relationship.

Robtard
Understandable. You're too weak for me to possibly share any genetic traits with. Clearly, you're Mr. Glass's father.

Lashing out after rejection. laughing out loud

P.S. "Stepfather" implies there's no genetic traits shared.

P.S. 2. I'm not black.

marwash22
You're in your mid 20's, deadbeat leeching off mommy. Get a job. (and no, masturbating and drawing doodles isn't it) i have a job.

drawing and masturbating are hobbies, u damn dummy.

Lestov16
I understand you and Sadako can't produce children, but I'm not up for adoption. I'm sorry.

And you're a fool for rejecting Samuel L. Jackson as a son.

Robtard
i have a job.

drawing and masturbating are hobbies, u damn dummy.

About time.

Robtard
I understand you and Sadako can't produce children, but I'm not up for adoption. I'm sorry.

And you're a fool for rejecting Samuel L. Jackson as a son.

laughing out loud Listen, I was under the impression this was just some friendly banter. So turn off the butthurt.

Lestov16
If you want to turn off the butthurt, tell Sadako to get from in back of you. And you still can't adopt me. Should've taken Samuel L. when you had the chance, sucka.

quanchi112
It does.

Back to fisting your own ass I see and so soon. Sorry wasn't on here I was busy watching movies. You probably watched a few previews which counts as a flick in your world.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>