Riddick VS McClane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rourke82
John McClane versus Richard B. Riddick
The fight is taking place on the 30th floor of the Nakatomi Plaza.
Both they are armed but into knives, in their range has no another weapon.
They fight to the death.

the ninjak
Riddick can't lose.

Sadako of Girth
Riddick is a worthy opponent indeed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Riddick is a worthy opponent indeed. Does Riddick win ?

Robtard
What a nonsensical match; it would never happen. These two would meet and instantly they'd respect each other and go out for a beer. /the end

It probably already did happen and where McClane(of DH4) got that idea that having a clean-cranium is useful for guys' like him and Riddick and their line of work.

quanchi112
So Robtard you won't even weigh in. Wow.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
So Robtard you won't even weigh in. Wow.

Are you retarded? Cos I gave my opinion of the match. Go read it again, think for a bit; then reply.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you retarded? Cos I gave my opinion of the match. Go read it again, think for a bit; then reply. In your scenario they become friends I want to hear you say McClane loses. If you can't admit it you're a fanboy.

Robtard
LoL, McClane can lose a spite-thread, any character can lose in a spite-thread, that's the purpose of a spite-thread. You failed to grasp this? Wow.

Sadako of Girth
In your scenario they become friends I want to hear you say McClane loses. If you can't admit it you're a fanboy.

So you're a Van Zan Fanboy? You have to be the 1st.. (after Van Zan himself, of course.)

quanchi112
LoL, McClane can lose a spite-thread, any character can lose in a spite-thread, that's the purpose of a spite-thread. You failed to grasp this? Wow. So you feel McClane has no chance. Wow. Awesome.Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
So you're a Van Zan Fanboy? You have to be the 1st.. (after Van Zan himself, of course.) Zan loses just not to McClane.

Robtard
So you feel McClane has no chance. Wow. Awesome.

In a knife fight against Riddick, obvious catered spite-thread is an obvious catered spite-thread. Are you really this retarded?

quanchi112
In a knife fight against Riddick, obvious catered spite-thread is an obvious catered spite-thread. Are you really this retarded? It's good to hear you admit McClane can't win.

Sadako of Girth
McClane has been impaled, cut and bleeding on screen plenty...and..
um.....lived every time.

Riddick may not be able to overcome the much displayed McDamage soak.

Therefore automatic assumption that Riddick stomps is a bit premature.

quanchi112
McClane has been impaled, cut and bleeding on screen plenty...and..
um.....lived every time.

Riddick may not be able to overcome the much displayed McDamage soak.

Therefore automatic assumption that Riddick stomps is a bit premature. So do you believe McClane wins ?

Sadako of Girth
I believe it to be a good fight.

Anything else Im less sure of.

Its possible that McClane survives long enough to inflict lethal damage, but then Riddick does have a respectable set of ass kicking credentials.

quanchi112
I believe it to be a good fight.

Anything else Im less sure of.

Its possible that McClane survives long enough to inflict lethal damage, but then Riddick does have a respectable set of ass kicking credentials. If you had to choose a winner who would it be ?

Sadako of Girth
Tough one. I'll have to rewatch the Riddick movies before making a solid judgement.

quanchi112
Tough one. I'll have to rewatch the Riddick movies before making a solid judgement. I await your decision and at least you didn't say it was spite against McClane unlike robtard who abandoned him.

Sadako of Girth
It may very well have been spite... Guess I'll know more when Ive rewatched them.

quanchi112
It may very well have been spite... Guess I'll know more when Ive rewatched them. No, you're a true McClaniac unlike robbie.

Robtard
I await your decision and at least you didn't say it was spite against McClane unlike robtard who abandoned him.

Unlike you I both watch and pay attention to a film. So yes, McClane Vs Riddick in a knife-fight is spite. You're either ignorant to the films and need to watch them again or just retarded. I'd say 50-50 chance either way.

P.S., pointing out obvious spite isn't abandonment, you baboon. Now do some more flips for me; I have a pocket full of crackers.

quanchi112
Unlike you I both watch and pay attention to a film. So yes, McClane Vs Riddick in a knife-fight is spite. You're either ignorant to the films and need to watch them again or just retarded. I'd say 50-50 chance either way.

P.S., pointing out obvious spite isn't abandonment, you baboon. Now do some more flips for me; I have a pocket full of crackers. So you just insulted sado and the man isn't even here to defend himself. The man believes in McClane you don't. Sado just became both of McClane's arms.

Robtard
So you just insulted sado and the man isn't even here to defend himself. The man believes in McClane you don't. Sado just became both of McClane's arms.

Figures you'd chose the retard option. Sadako had the minerals to state he couldn't be 100% certain as he doesn't fully recall the Riddick films and he'd need to watch them again. No shame in that.

Maybe you should pay attention when watching films before you rant.

quanchi112
Figures you'd chose the retard option. Sadako had the minerals to state he couldn't be 100% certain as he doesn't fully recall the Riddick films and he'd need to watch them again. No shame in that.

Maybe you should pay attention when watching films before you rant. I think Riddick wins but Sado is a true McClane fan unlike yourself. He needs to rewatch the films to further analyze before declaring McClane null and void.

Robtard
I think Riddick wins but Sado is a true McClane fan unlike yourself. He needs to rewatch the films to further analyze before declaring McClane null and void.

But unlike me who recalls all the films and base my "this is spite" opinion on that and unlike Sadako who only really recalls the Diehards so he's holding final judgement, you choose Riddick because you like him better; it has nothing to do with film-feats.

Now squeeze your plastic novelty flower for me and honk that horn.

quanchi112
But unlike me who recalls all the films and base my "this is spite" opinion on that and unlike Sadako who only really recalls the Diehards so he's holding final judgement, you choose Riddick because you like him better; it has nothing to do with film-feats.

Now squeeze your plastic novelty flower for me and honk that horn. I choose Riddick because he's flat out superior with knives. I don't need to rewatch films to render my decision which makes me wonder about sado and if he's even seen half these films he argues for. You are really attacking his character. Rob's going feral.

Sadako of Girth
I watched Reign of Fire once when it came out.

I watch the diehards every year = Its not not rocket science, Quanchi.

Its a better way of doing things than watching a movie, forgetting half of it, remembering the other half wrong then coming off like a fool in arguments.

Robtard
I choose Riddick because he's flat out superior with knives. I don't need to rewatch films to render my decision which makes me wonder about sado and if he's even seen half these films he argues for. You are really attacking his character. Rob's going feral.

Riddick is and to the point it's spite, you'd know that if you paid attention.

Oh look, trying to twist my argument like I'm saying something negative against someone else and not your clown-shoe ass. Clever.

Lord Shadow Z
I choose Riddick because he's flat out superior with knives. I don't need to rewatch films to render my decision which makes me wonder about sado and if he's even seen half these films he argues for. You are really attacking his character. Rob's going feral.

But McClane hasn't got any knife fight skills/feats which ultimately makes it an unfair contest. When you make up a specific type of fight both characters generally have to be well versed in that discipline or it makes no sense to even start it.

A better character to face Riddick that way would be L.T.Bonham or Aaron Hallam or Casey Ryback or any other skilled knife-wielding characters.

quanchi112
I watched Reign of Fire once when it came out.

I watch the diehards every year = Its not not rocket science, Quanchi.

Its a better way of doing things than watching a movie, forgetting half of it, remembering the other half wrong then coming off like a fool in arguments. I wouldn't personally think you'd need to rewatch a riddick film to know he beats McClane. I guess you would. LOL.Originally posted by Robtard
Riddick is and to the point it's spite, you'd know that if you paid attention.

Oh look, trying to twist my argument like I'm saying something negative against someone else and not your clown-shoe ass. Clever. You're just no McClane fan. I don't even see you as one anymore.

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
But McClane hasn't got any knife fight skills/feats which ultimately makes it an unfair contest. When you make up a specific type of fight both characters generally have to be well versed in that discipline or it makes no sense to even start it.

A better character to face Riddick that way would be L.T.Bonham or Aaron Hallam or Casey Ryback or any other skilled knife-wielding characters. I just hear a lot of crying when McClane loses. It's just a movie versus thread and I don't see why people need to sob if their guy loses. I didn't make the thread. If I create a thread and McClane wins I have to hear how the guy doesn't stack up against McClane. It's just more ballyhooing over McClane.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I wasnt real struck on the movies, tbh.
Especially the second one.

You see you touched on the thing thats the problem. Youre debating from the "our guy/their guy" perspective, with a seeming agenda on getting a reaction from those who have defended/debated for McClane in the past.
Its wasted effort as screen feats, displayed abilities logic and reason are the only true factors considered.
Hence why Van Zan is pwned so hard against McClane.
If anyone is shedding salty droplets, its you over the failure of "your guy" Van Zan.

the ninjak
What is going on here?

I deem this thread unworthy! It's a spite thread. Plain and simple.

You can't even make jokes about this. It's a trainwreck.

Nothing good can remotely come from this.

Robtard
You're just no McClane fan. I don't even see you as one anymore.

Correct, the only fanboy around here is you; all your MVF arguments stem from which character or franchise you happen to be infatuated with at the moment.

Riot-Gear

A better character to face Riddick that way would be L.T.Bonham or Aaron Hallam or Casey Ryback or any other skilled knife-wielding characters.

McClane may never have handled a knife himself, but he has been in knife fights. That is to say faced opponents armed with knives. In some cases holding his own in others winning. Remember he iced a special forces soldier in Die Hard 2 While an icicle is not a knife. The manner he used it in could be translated into using a knife. In the same movie he also held his own against Cnl. Stuart who was both skilled and armed with a knife.

Which brings us to the fact that McClane has faced fighter as skilled if not more skilled on a technical level then Riddick, such as Rand and possible Mai Lihn and Stuart. He has also fought opponents who are faster then Riddick By which I mean fighting/reaction speed. Not ground speed. Such as Mai Lihn and Rand. He has also fought opponents who are more physically durable such as Karl. Riddick may be stronger then any body John has fought, but again folks like Karl weren't weaklings.

That said what we don't know is can McClane fight somebody who has all those traits?

Thing to consider. Riddick isn't hit often, his durability hasn't been tested. At least not with verifiable feats. McClane on the other hand is the kind of guy who could survive a train wreck with out us batting an eye. In other words this is an area in which John takes the edge, and by a large margin. For the record so do a lot of McClane enemies as well. At least until Riddick walks off a building falling on him or a head on collision with ans SUV.

John is also very creative and resourceful and not the I am strong enough to stab you with a cup resourceful, but really resourceful. This combined with his situational awareness is part of what makes him deadly.

Lets also not forgot that while its easy to get wrapped in the fights from Chronicles. The bounty hunter in Pitch Black gave Riddick a good fight and he was just a regular with nothing touching Johns shown abilities.

As for their fighting styles Riddick is and outside fighter who relies on speed and strength. Favoring big powerful movements. McClane likes to get in side and rough it up, he's a bruiser a brawl, a very skilled one though and in the past it has served him well to get inside on outside fighters and striker martial artists.

I think he can do it again here. However. Stuart is probable the closest to Riddick, McClane has fought and pure H2H that fight didn't go well for McClane. Still with his damage soak he may still be able to get inside and if he does, well..

He's always got a punchers chance.

quanchi112
Yeah I wasnt real struck on the movies, tbh.
Especially the second one.

You see you touched on the thing thats the problem. Youre debating from the "our guy/their guy" perspective, with a seeming agenda on getting a reaction from those who have defended/debated for McClane in the past.
Its wasted effort as screen feats, displayed abilities logic and reason are the only true factors considered.
Hence why Van Zan is pwned so hard against McClane.
If anyone is shedding salty droplets, its you over the failure of "your guy" Van Zan. Zan has nothing to do with this thread keep your emotional pain in the other thread please. You claimed you need to rewatch the movie because you think McClane has a chance unlike robtard who says it is spite.Originally posted by Robtard
Correct, the only fanboy around here is you; all your MVF arguments stem from which character or franchise you happen to be infatuated with at the moment. No, I argue based off portrayals and feats you argue for who turns you on more.

Sadako of Girth
The emotional pain is the commonality in both threads.

It will diminish when you accept the truth, though.

quanchi112
The emotional pain is the commonality in both threads.

It will diminish when you accept the truth, though. So do you feel Riddick wins ?

Blacktoothgrin
Riddick 10/10. Dont know why this is still going.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Blacktoothgrin
Riddick 10/10.

Maybe in the dark....

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Riot-Gear
McClane may never have handled a knife himself, but he has been in knife fights. That is to say faced opponents armed with knives. In some cases holding his own in others winning. Remember he iced a special forces soldier in Die Hard 2 While an icicle is not a knife. The manner he used it in could be translated into using a knife. In the same movie he also held his own against Cnl. Stuart who was both skilled and armed with a knife.

Yes, I know and I was going to make it a part of my original message but then I considered the fact that in his contests with Grant and Stuart (who both had knives) the environment clearly levelled the playing field in those contests. They had to deal with McClane and their balance on the wing of a moving aeroplane. And Grant and Stuart showed no lightning fast moves with knives at all, certainly not at the level of Bonham or Hallam who are proper knife fighters.

In the OP, its in a stable, controlled room and by arming McClane with a knife it is still giving McClane a weapon he has never fought with in his movies. He disarmed the two military guys, yes, but he is not a knife fighter and so the contest is still one-sided because as demonstrated in his films Riddick clearly is.

Riot-Gear
Yes, I know and I was going to make it a part of my original message but then I considered the fact that in his contests with Grant and Stuart (who both had knives) the environment clearly levelled the playing field in those contests. They had to deal with McClane and their balance on the wing of a moving aeroplane. And Grant and Stuart showed no lightning fast moves with knives at all, certainly not at the level of Bonham or Hallam who are proper knife fighters.

In the OP, its in a stable, controlled room and by arming McClane with a knife it is still giving McClane a weapon he has never fought with in his movies. He disarmed the two military guys, yes, but he is not a knife fighter and so the contest is still one-sided because as demonstrated in his films Riddick clearly is.

Fair enough knives favor Riddick I wont argue that point nor would I on purpose. I was just saying McClane isn't with out some experience in regards to close quarters combat with blades.

As for Bonham and Hallem. Their skill with knives is on another level from even Riddicks.

lilshogun
Riddick calls on the animals.

Sadako of Girth
With McClane's luck, Riddick accidentally slips on one of his cans of head polish and opens up one of his own veins. stick out tongue

quanchi112
With McClane's luck, Riddick accidentally slips on one of his cans of head polish and opens up one of his own veins. stick out tongue I'm so happy to see you admit McClane is lucky. That takes away from all of his feats.

Sadako of Girth
Nah the awseomeness of his feats still remains 'cause screen feats show that its luck+McActions=result.
(If McClane hadn't wrapped that hose on the roof around himself before jumping off that roof at Nakatomi, he'd have been blown up with the roof.
No matter how lucky he'd normally be if he did something, sitting there, he'd probably have died.)

quanchi112
Nah the awseomeness of his feats still remains 'cause screen feats show that its luck+McActions=result.
(If McClane hadn't wrapped that hose on the roof around himself before jumping off that roof at Nakatomi, he'd have been blown up with the roof.
No matter how lucky he'd normally be if he did something, sitting there, he'd probably have died.) Nope, you admitted he's lucky which he is because he's the hero and star of the franchise. So glad you made that post. It ruined everything.

Sadako of Girth
Nope. You attached that particular "because" to it. Not me.
Im going off of screen feats. Other characters have even comment on his luck. Ergo it is an in-universe attribute and not just CIS.

Im glad too. I feel less guilty about having pointed out the self ruination that is your 'argument'. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Nope. You attached that particular "because" to it. Not me.
Im going off of screen feats. Other characters have even comment on his luck. Ergo it is an in-universe attribute and not just CIS.

Im glad too. I feel less guilty about having pointed out the self ruination that is your 'argument'. stick out tongue You said he's lucky I agree. The script will always see him persevere but this isn't a die hard script hence the reason he loses.

Sadako of Girth
Well its not any kinda script.

Scripted battles suck donkey balls.

dadudemon
I would like to submit that McClane is NOT lucky.

He makes his own luck. He's just very resourceful. His "heart" and resiliance is what makes him awesome: not random luck.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dadudemon
He makes his own luck. He's just very resourceful. His "heart" and resiliance is what makes him awesome: not random luck.

I agree with this part.

NemeBro
Yeah...

Riddick has certifiable superhuman physical strength feats, as well as speed (If I am recalling the fight with the Lord Marshall in Chronicles correctly). He was shown catching a 200+ pound man who jumped down on him with one outstretched hand, casually at that, and physically matched a raptor in Pitch Black, holding it at bay with two hands.

I can't recall a single thing McClane has done that points to Riddick not being able to kick his ass bare-handed.

McClane is arguably a peak human in some regards.

Riddick is above peak human in all regards.

Sadako of Girth
McClane exhibits quasi-super-human tendancies.

The example of him not getting his shoulders ripped out of his sockets when catching himself falling down that elevator shaft with his fingertips is just one example of this.

Another would be that that hose didn't shatter his ribcage on the roofjump. Just a couple of examples from the 1st movie...

McClane rips off Riddick's shades and shines bright light in his eyes, then kicks him right in the beanbag.

Lord Shadow Z
With McClane's luck, Riddick accidentally slips on one of his cans of head polish and opens up one of his own veins. stick out tongue

laughing

quanchi112
Well its not any kinda script.

Scripted battles suck donkey balls. I'm just tickled pink you claimed he gets lucky which invalidates any opinions you may have towards arguing for him since you think he's just really lucky. Awesome. His luck runs out yet again. Riddick wins.

Sadako of Girth
I joked.

And hes not 'just' really lucky.
He is really lucky in addition to his other attributes. Simple as.

But since you wanna drag it out, yeah sure, Riddick could indeed for foul of some luck related McShenanigans.

Glad to hear you are pink though.

Lord Shadow Z

McClane rips off Riddick's shades and shines bright light in his eyes, then kicks him right in the beanbag.

That's actually a good point assuming the fighting area is well lighted, although now I'm getting a funny image of Riddick turning the light off and McClane turning it back on again. The fight over the light switch, thats a funny one! big grin

But in all seriousness Riddick is clearly agitated when he loses his glasses in a lighted area or is exposed to light and I would think any area on the 30th floor would be well lighted (because a dark room would bring more bias into the contest than the knives issue). If McClane manages to break or get the glasses of Riddick he could control the contest and win, assuming he can maintain the light in the room.

Sadako of Girth
And with a heavily bruised nut sack, things will be all the more challenging for RidDick.

quanchi112
I joked.

And hes not 'just' really lucky.
He is really lucky in addition to his other attributes. Simple as.

But since you wanna drag it out, yeah sure, Riddick could indeed for foul of some luck related McShenanigans.

Glad to hear you are pink though. You said he's lucky I agreed. I am not letting you take it back because you believe in him less than say dademon.

Sadako of Girth
Im not taking anything back.

You silly big false takeback insinuator you.

quanchi112
Im not taking anything back.

You silly big false takeback insinuator you. Good then we both agree McClane is just lucky in his own films.

Sadako of Girth
Nope.

Not "just lucky".... cause that would be downplaying his other attributes.

But we agree that he is very lucky indeed.

quanchi112
Nope.

Not "just lucky".... cause that would be downplaying his other attributes.

But we agree that he is very lucky indeed. I don't mean all he is is lucky but that does play an important aspect in how he survives in his own films. You agree and I love it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.