Galactus vs Celestials (the fight happens in Feb)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Galactus

vs

The Celestials

http://i.newsarama.com/images/ff1998603_cov.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=3805&page=6

How many Celestials will Galactus go through before he is stop?

Cogito
Originally posted by the Darkone
How many Celestials will Galactus go through before he is stop?

I'm guessing, if this happens, that it will be awfully similar to Mighty Thor

cdtm
Celestials probably get the short end. Especially now that they're showing Reed stashing Celestial killing guns in his closet, and I can't see any casual invention of Reeds killing Big G so easily. He can do it, but it would be a multi step plot device that would tap into the Heart of the Universe or something..

Colossus-Big C
When ego fought the celestials he was taking atleast 6 of them
Galactus would take a couple but ultimately be put down by either exitar or tiamut

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Cogito
I'm guessing, if this happens, that it will be awfully similar to Mighty Thor

now now,

Johnathan Hickman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> matt fraction

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
When ego fought the celestials he was taking atleast 6 of them
Galactus would take a couple but ultimately be put down by either exitar or tiamut

that was an alternate universe

TheLordofMurder
You know, I've always contended that Galactus should stand above all the Celestials...

Logically, Galactus should be capable of defeating all of them at once if he uses the Ultimate Nullifier...

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
now now,

Johnathan Hickman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> matt fraction

that was an alternate universe Beat me to it. I'm really curious as opposed to worried (Pak, Fraction) about how Hickman does this.

And was two Celestials.
However, Super Ego was fighting lots of Celestials (although he lost, and was way above Ego).

Bouboumaster
This look interesting!

Cogito
now now,

Regardless, in such massive cosmic fights there's rarely a satisfying winner erm

Nihilist
Hope Galactus beats down the boring and over rated Celestials.

Sr J-Bieb
Regardless, in such massive cosmic fights there's rarely a satisfying winner erm True, but Hickman is actually a good writer writing a cosmic battle. So you never know.

I'm actually looking forward to this even though there's a decent chance of dissapointment.

Cogito
Originally posted by Nihilist

thumb up

What should happen is an entirely different story than what probably will happen.

Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up

What should happen is an entirely different story than what probably will happen.
Why on Earth should Galactus beat down a group of Celestials?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why on Earth should Galactus beat down a group of Celestials? Thor did it

Cogito
Why on Earth should Galactus beat down a group of Celestials?

Why shouldn't Galactus beat down a group of Celestials is the better question wink

zopzop
If Galactus even beats ONE Celestial, it will be the mother of all power retcons (the father being the Beyonder/MM one).

We all saw how they handled THREE skyfathers, Odin + Destroyer Armor (blessed with a portion of the power of all skyfathers on Earth) + ALL Asgard (except Loki and Thor) + the Odin Sword + 1000 years prep.

Then we've seen how "well" Galactus did vs Odin.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Thor did it

But Thor's awesome.

Why shouldn't Galactus beat down a group of Celestials is the better question wink

facepalm

The notion that Galactus can beat down a group of Celestials is ridiculous. It'd be the best showing Galactus has had in like forever if he takes down one.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by zopzop
If Galactus even beats ONE Celestial, it will be the mother of all power retcons (the father being the Beyonder/MM one).

We all saw how they handled THREE skyfathers, Odin + Destroyer Armor (blessed with a portion of the power of all skyfathers on Earth) + ALL Asgard (except Loki and Thor) + the Odin Sword + 1000 years prep.

Then we've seen how "well" Galactus did vs Odin. And then there's this guy

Rage.Of.Olympus
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Imo, Reed Richards will f*ck both Galactus and the Celestials up once they get rowdy. Hickman, loves super geniuses, and Reed is his favorite.

zopzop
Imo, Reed Richards will f*ck both Galactus and the Celestials up once they get rowdy. Hickman, loves super geniuses, and Reed is his favorite.

His alt reality selves have already killed Celestials with tech they have laying around the house and destroyed the LT's M-body (something not even the 616 IG could do). So you know how this is gonna end already. sick

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha yea, that was Hickman. Reed was like brb, and then one shotted a Celestial with a gun he pulled out from under his bed or something. IIRC, he also had an Ultimate Nullifier in a room, not sure if he built or recovered it.

It's safe to say that they're all f*cked if they piss off Reed.

Utrigita
I'm looking forward to see how they are going to spin this.

The Celestials beats the skyfathers but a single Skyfather takes on Galactus who in turn beats the Celestials.

Now that will be a funny scenario to discuss in the future.

TheLordofMurder

1st smart thing you've said this year...

wink

TheLordofMurder
Haha yea, that was Hickman. Reed was like brb, and then one shotted a Celestial with a gun he pulled out from under his bed or something. IIRC, he also had an Ultimate Nullifier in a room, not sure if he built or recovered it.

It's safe to say that they're all f*cked if they piss off Reed.

This is almost certainly true...

Nihilist
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
1st smart thing you've said this year...

wink You still butthurt about being owned like a b*tch?

Tell ya what go make yet another Thanos thread to make yourself "feel" better about yourself.

rotiart
Oye.
Reed with prep made a weapon capable of killing celestials.
This is after he learned that his wife cracked one open
And learning what her force fields energy is based on.

He basically figured out their weakness then weaponized it.

Same Way he figured out how to separate Galactus from galan.
The same process that created the surfer.
Separate the energies...

Bam!

TheLordofMurder
You still butthurt about being owned like a b*tch?

Tell ya what go make yet another Thanos thread to make yourself "feel" better about yourself.

Just pointing out your lack of intellect this year; it has been subpar...even by your incredibly low standards.

Oh and I owned the hell out of you and your lover; it was easy....

Cheers!

Happy Dance

Nihilist
Just pointing out your lack of intellect this year; it has been subpar...even by your incredibly low standards.

Oh and I owned the hell out of you and your lover; it was easy....

Cheers!

Happy Dance Yeah youre clearly not butthurt or obsessed with me at all, its not like you quoted me in a thread with no mention toward you, is it eh.

Come back when you arent affraid of hiding behind bullshit posts son.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah youre clearly not butthurt or obsessed with me at all, its not like you quoted me in a thread with no mention toward you, is it eh.

Come back when you arent affraid of hiding behind bullshit posts son.

NYPD: Freeze!!! Hands behind your head...do it...do it now!!

Thanos: Oh my god...please dont kill me...I give up...cuff me.

NYPD: (cuffs Thanos) You just wait till we get you downtown...me and my boys are going to have some fun with you tonight!

Thanos: Oh Lord, Jesus, mercy, help me...

NYPD: (smiles wickedly)

Cogito
NYPD: Freeze!!! Hands behind your head...do it...do it now!!

Thanos: Oh my god...please dont kill me...I give up...cuff me.

NYPD: (cuffs Thanos) You just wait till we get you downtown...me and my boys are going to have some fun with you tonight!

Thanos: Oh Lord, Jesus, mercy, help me...

NYPD: (smiles wickedly)

No need to bring that shit up again.

Nihilist
No need to bring that shit up again. Dont worry about it, its like dealing with a child who thinks really stupid things are funny or even matter.

After all he's not upset at all,clearly.

TheLordofMurder
Dont worry about it, its like dealing with a child who thinks really stupid things are funny or even matter.

After all he's not upset at all,clearly.

I was just congradulating you on your newfound intellectual prowess and you turn like a rabid dog and flame me...

LoL...your name on this forum used to be lordboo!???

Omg that is ghey!!

Ok lordboo...I'll leave you and Thanos alone...for now!

smile

To get back on topic, I do think Celestials should be retconned to be beneath Galactus; Galactus is supposed to be the middle force between Death and Eternity...

Just by Galactus's universal position and uniqueness alone, he should stand above any single member of any race of beings...IMHO of course.

Cogito
IMO, I don't see how any planet's collective pantheons should be able to stand before Galactus.

Would make it difficult for him to do his job erm

Nihilist
Like i said a retarded child, you even flame like a child...a child that is upset and obsessed no doubt.

Sr J-Bieb
It sure got 12 years old in here fast

Mindset
And then there's this guy laughing out loud

Nihilist
It sure got 12 years old in here fast Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

TheLordofMurder
IMO, I don't see how any planet's collective pantheons should be able to stand before Galactus.

I totally agree; I even touched upon this very topic in an older thread of mines...

IMHO, Odin even standing up to Galactus (or any true cosmic being for that matter) is total and utter garbage...

Odin is an Earth level deity; he should stand far above normal humans and True Cosmics should be as far above Odin as Odin is above normal humans...

IMHO, Galactus should have to be on Deaths Bed for Odin to be any kind of problem to him whatsoever...

TheLordofMurder
Like i said a retarded child, you even flame like a child...a child that is upset and obsessed no doubt.

lordboo...

Thats what Thanos calls you at night...isnt it?

TheLordofMurder
It sure got 12 years old in here fast

It did; the average mental age here was 34 before you showed up and dragged it down...

Nihilist
lordboo...

Thats what Thanos calls you at night...isnt it? Child what!! Lord of Murder..oh you sounds so menacing.

Like is said youre obsessed, you even checked out my profile to get a old username lulz what a loser.

TheLordofMurder
Child what!! Lord of Murder..oh you sounds so menacing.

Like is said youre obsessed, you even checked out my profile to get a old username lulz what a loser.

Atleast I dont have a ghey name...

You'll never escape loordboo ever again; your h0m0sexu@l beginnings are going to haunt you for a long time...

Now your facination with Thanos makes perfect sense to me; you like muscular purple men...

Sr J-Bieb
It did; the average mental age here was 34 before you showed up and dragged it down... You're 34?

lol

TheLordofMurder
You're 34?

lol

Comprehension fail for the win!

smile

Nihilist
Atleast I dont have a ghey name...

You'll never escape loordboo ever again; your h0m0sexu@l beginnings are going to haunt you for a long time...

Now your facination with Thanos makes perfect sense to me; you like muscular purple men... "sigh" you really are this stupid, i thought it was a act but clearly isnt.

Sr J-Bieb
Comprehension fail for the win!

smile That's what your implication came off as, Whirly I presume, no, probably Judge or someone... they're all the same person anyway

TheLordofMurder
"sigh" you really are this stupid, i thought it was a act but clearly isnt.

Well, I am willing to leave it be for now...lordboo!

I will be addressing you by this name for now on...you dont mind do you?

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

Nihilist
Well, I am willing to leave it be for now...lordboo!

I will be addressing you by this name for now on...you dont mind do you?

laughing out loud

Happy Dance Nah this aint over son il do this all day untill we both get banned.

Yeah sure why not,LORDofmurder...is your username murder cos you think youre some sort of keyboard warrior laughing out loud typical kid.

TheLordofMurder
Nah this aint over son il do this all day untill we both get banned.

Yeah sure why not,LORDofmurder...is your username murder cos you think youre some sort of keyboard warrior laughing out loud typical kid.

lordboo...are you ready to get back on topic now?

Outside of your desire to see Galactus beat the Celestials because they are boring, do you feel that Galactus should be beyond them for any other reason?

guy222
finally home and saw this on ict

well, i hope the celestials win

and lets b fair friends, richards killed 'alternate' celestials....he has done nothing to 616 celestials and his overrated ass was put to sleep by tiamut in the good story by a celestial writer....see how i worded that

lets hope hickman remembers that big g was afraid of facing franklin who is respected by the celestials

wouldn't bode well for big g attacking his friends

Igniz
This makes me curios.I once said that maybe Galactus often is having a hard time with Magical beings like Odin and Mephisto.Yet he did well against his Cancerverse counterpart the Galactus Engine(who killed Aegis and made the Celestials run away).I once stated that Galactus might have had a hard time with Mephisto and Odin because of them being Magical in Nature while he did well against his Cancerverse counterpart due to the Galactus Engine being Cosmical in nature.

Damborgson
I'm going for the Celestials. I want to see them beat down Galactus.

zopzop
Originally posted by Igniz
This makes me curios.I once said that maybe Galactus often is having a hard time with Magical beings like Odin and Mephisto.Yet he did well against his Cancerverse counterpart the Galactus Engine(who killed Aegis and made the Celestials run away).I once stated that Galactus might have had a hard time with Mephisto and Odin because of them being Magical in Nature while he did well against his Cancerverse counterpart due to the Galactus Engine being Cosmical in nature.

Yup. Good call.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Igniz

I didn't see him having a hard time with either Odin or Mephisto. Both were able to challenge him but Odin tapped out during tp and Mephisto tapped out when Big G got the munchies.

Raptor22
When I first read this thread I thought (the fight happens in feb) was a stipulation of the match, and for a min I tried to figure out which one was either stronger or weaker or in February.

guy222
hope its done good to where both shine just celestials shine brighter

stick out tongue

Damborgson
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/MonteGruhlke/2011-03-28_203721_ArishemGalactus.jpg

"Id"
Where is the poll? I want the Celestials to see beat dat ass.

Diesldude

thumb up

Hopefully its an epic fight where Galactus' hearld my rage wipes out millions of them.

Bentley
Galan did well against the Galactus Engine so he'll probably punk the Celestials.

The again, Odin has his best feat ever at stalling Galactus (something that puts him head and shoulders above mid-low-trans such as Thanos or and Mar-Vell)

leonidas
i'm sure g will do fine. probably be shown to be above some of them, but a question will be left if he is above all of them. g was said to be fearful of tiamut.

whatever happens, when the next cosmic arc comes around it will probably be shown to have been meaningless anyway. erm

Bentley
The Phoenix force appears and pwns them all!

guy222
you silly

stick out tongue

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm sure g will do fine. probably be shown to be above some of them, but a question will be left if he is above all of them. g was said to be fearful of tiamut.

whatever happens, when the next cosmic arc comes around it will probably be shown to have been meaningless anyway. erm

Sometimes it's for the best.

Remember the whole "master of doom" idiocy? Thankfully, ALL writers have completely ignored that

Bouboumaster
I would write it like this: The Celestials take on Uatu: Galactus go help him, and start kicking some asses. Out of nowhere, the Host sneak on Galactus. Tiamut comes to help the duo against the others.

It ends with Galactus delevering his trademark Elbow Drop.

guy222
stick out tongue

tiamut delivers another wrassling blow as he did against arishem

as many galactus fans hope big g does well, as a celestial fan, hope my guys do well also

marvel doesn't like the big cosmic guys, so should and should is the key word lets hope its well done and no one looks bad

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by guy222
stick out tongue

tiamut delivers another wrassling blow as he did against arishem

as many galactus fans hope big g does well, as a celestial fan, hope my guys do well also

marvel doesn't like the big cosmic guys, so should and should is the key word lets hope its well done and no one looks bad

As a beacon of hope, Pak, Loeb and Fraction aren't on that!

guy222
fraction is a bum

pak and loeb ok for me

stick out tongue

Power Cosmic II
fraction is a bum

pak and loeb ok for me

stick out tongue

you just like loeb because rulk gave uatu a right cross Happy Dance

cdtm
At this point, I'd take any of them over Johns.

He can write awesome stuff, but usually at the cost of butchering continuity.. Sometimes, even his own continuity.

It's a minor thing, but why put Kyle with drinking buddies? I liked his girlfriend, even if she didn't last long. Also don't much care for this "hand picked" retcon, half his character was proving everyone wrong that he was the best of bad options, especially Ganthet.

guy222
you just like loeb because rulk gave uatu a right cross Happy Dance

big grin stick out tongue

GalanOfTaa

Magnon
Originally posted by GalanOfTaa
... P.S.: Galactus still has the Ultimate Nullifier, which he can fire at will in case future outlook is bleak!

Not really. He didn't "fire it at will" against Abraxas; nor against the Galactus Engine & Cancerverse; nor against Tenebrous, Aegis & Annihilation Wave; nor against Magus; nor against Thanos; etc. etc.

The Ultimate Nullifier won't help Galactus a bit against the Celestials, if the writers care about the continuity at all.

leonidas
Though this may be true, Big G consumed Tiamut after he tampered with his ever-gnawing hunger.

key word? tampered.

could g ever do what he did WITHOUT said tampering? unknown and any claim otherwise is purest speculation. my opinion is he could not, but that is as irrelevant as your likely belief that he could. that arc should be considered inadmissible because all that IS known is that the galactus of that arc was altered and not the normal galactus.

that is..... irrevevant. the greatest of the watchers was one-shotted by exitar. clearly the celestials were WELL above the watchers. comparing enemies isn't really all that great an idea either. erm

leonidas
Originally posted by Magnon
Not really. He didn't "fire it at will" against Abraxas; nor against the Galactus Engine & Cancerverse; nor against Tenebrous, Aegis & Annihilation Wave; nor against Magus; nor against Thanos; etc. etc.

The Ultimate Nullifier won't help Galactus a bit against the Celestials, if the writers care about the continuity at all.

yep--still not sure if that abraxas scene is a retcon, or straight PIS. if it's never again elaborated on, i'll personally relegate it to PIS because it flies in the face of ALL the un's previous appearances.

Utrigita
that is..... irrevevant. the greatest of the watchers was one-shotted by exitar. clearly the celestials were WELL above the watchers. comparing enemies isn't really all that great an idea either. erm

Well it was said that Exitar had accumulated the energy needed to destroy the watchers for several thousand years. And all the Watchers was gathered (from what I understand) on the same planet. So imo to say that the Celestials is clearly above the Watchers is incorrect.

Utrigita
yep--still not sure if that abraxas scene is a retcon, or straight PIS. if it's never again elaborated on, i'll personally relegate it to PIS because it flies in the face of ALL the un's previous appearances.

Yet doesn't the UN always finds it way back to Galactus? And I'm not entirely sure but apart from the incident with Reed holding Galactus at "gunpoint" with the UN, how many times have it actually happened that Galactus have been threatened with the UN?

GalanOfTaa

Magnon
He merely allowed Reed to do it, that's it.

"Here Reed, old buddy, take this... the coup de grace should be yours." Heh, cute but no. Galactus had the UN, he wouldn't feel compelled to give it away unless he really had to. "Into YOUR hands it falls again, Reed Richards" were his exact words. Meaning, stopping Abraxas was up to Reed and Reed alone.

*All* those other examples I gave, from Cancerverse to Annihilus, he couldn't use it. It doesn't even matter *why* -- if he cannot/will not/is not allowed to use it when the fate of the entire universe and his personal existence is at stake, he can't use it against the Celestials either.

GalanOfTaa
"Here Reed, old buddy, take this... the coup de grace should be yours." Heh, cute but no. Galactus had the UN, he wouldn't feel compelled to give it away unless he really had to. "Into YOUR hands it falls again, Reed Richards" were his exact words. Meaning, stopping Abraxas was up to Reed and Reed alone.

*All* those other examples I gave, from Cancerverse to Annihilus, he couldn't use it. It doesn't even matter *why* -- if he cannot/will not/is not allowed to use it when the fate of the entire universe and his personal existence is at stake, he can't use it against the Celestials either.

Not a very compelling argument... AT ALL. You have failed to disprove everything both I and utrigita said, thus you have ultimately lost this argument.

Galactus didn't use the UN against Annihilus / Cancerverse Galactus.
Therefore, he won't use it against the Celestials.

(P.S.: He also said, "do what must be done"wink

Strong logic.
Unfortunately for you.. his use of the UN is entirely up to the writers and I am just being sarcastic: Your logic scores amongst the worst I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing.
May the power cosmic be with you, for you cannot be dealt with logically, much like a female.

I bid thee farewell!

leonidas
1. To tamper: Exert a secret or corrupt influence upon (someone); meddling: the act of altering something secretly or improperly.

smile

as your own definition says--he was ALTERED, ie changed from his original form.

thinking an UNALTERED g could do what THAT g did is pure, UNFOUNDED, speculation. like i said and your own definition corroborated.

before this discussion began, i already understood your opinion and realized it wouldn't be swayed. however, when you are claiming something that is unfounded, it isn't wise to call the opinions of others foolish....

quoted from where?

and of course if he NEVER became satiated he could eat forever. what's your point? his hunger was ALTERED to allow him to devour what he did. without said alteration it is pure speculation that he could replicate said feat. you can argue all you want, but that is a simple fact.

laughing out loud

you wrote all that to try and convince me g>watcher?

hilarious all the quotes though. my favourite parts are BEYOND doubt these though:

"the next multi-eternity" laughing out loud

yeah, THAT one will require a scan i'm afraid.....

i also found the irony of THIS statement amusing:

Scathan is PIS + Alternate reality

you know that black arc scene with g was set all across time, right? AND you agree that g was altered (as you own definition verifies). so, claiming the scathan scene is PIS is.... pretty funny.

you're actually directing me to read herochat? blink er, think i'll trust my own knowledge of the character.

you.....didn't read what i wrote, did you? i said i'm uncertain about the role of the un as relates to galactus BECAUSE THAT SCENE IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH IT'S PAST HISTORY. reed found it. morg found it for tyrant. reed found it AGAIN even though g was DEAD. if it were 'part of him' how was it still in existence when g himself wasn't?

it may prove to be a part of him in some other thread that clarifies things. for now, i'll reserve judgement. the idea that g could bring it out and use it anytime he wants it ridiculous in the extreme though. he has NEVER done so in battle, even while he was about to die, and never even ALLUDED to the fact that he could do so. save that particular argument for someone dumb enough to entertain it.

leonidas
Strong logic.
Unfortunately for you.. his use of the UN is entirely up to the writers and I am just being sarcastic: Your logic scores amongst the worst I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing.
May the power cosmic be with you, for you cannot be dealt with logically, much like a female.

I bid thee farewell!

laughing

and.....that should pretty much cinch things. socks get bans around here. smile

guy222

GalanOfTaa
smile

as your own definition says--he was ALTERED, ie changed from his original form.

thinking an UNALTERED g could do what THAT g did is pure, UNFOUNDED, speculation. like i said and your own definition corroborated.

before this discussion began, i already understood your opinion and realized it wouldn't be swayed. however, when you are claiming something that is unfounded, it isn't wise to call the opinions of others foolish....

quoted from where?

and of course if he NEVER became satiated he could eat forever. what's your point? his hunger was ALTERED to allow him to devour what he did. without said alteration it is pure speculation that he could replicate said feat. you can argue all you want, but that is a simple fact.

laughing out loud

you wrote all that to try and convince me g>watcher?

hilarious all the quotes though. my favourite parts are BEYOND doubt these though:

"the next multi-eternity" laughing out loud

yeah, THAT one will require a scan i'm afraid.....

i also found the irony of THIS statement amusing:

Scathan is PIS + Alternate reality

you know that black arc scene with g was set all across time, right? AND you agree that g was altered (as you own definition verifies). so, claiming the scathan scene is PIS is.... pretty funny.

you're actually directing me to read herochat? blink er, think i'll trust my own knowledge of the character.

you.....didn't read what i wrote, did you? i said i'm uncertain about the role of the un as relates to galactus BECAUSE THAT SCENE IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH IT'S PAST HISTORY. reed found it. morg found it for tyrant. reed found it AGAIN even though g was DEAD. if it were 'part of him' how was it still in existence when g himself wasn't?

it may prove to be a part of him in some other thread that clarifies things. for now, i'll reserve judgement. the idea that g could bring it out and use it anytime he wants it ridiculous in the extreme though. he has NEVER done so in battle, even while he was about to die, and never even ALLUDED to the fact that he could do so. save that particular argument for someone dumb enough to entertain it.

The Multi-Eternity thing was said by John Byrne himself in his forum, Byrne Robotics, but can also be deduced from the scan I posted.
I shall not argue with you, as you are clearly too biased to be dealt with rationally. It said in the scan that he only made his hunger insatiable, thus he went from a state of "only wanting to survive" to "devouring every thing in sight" to satiate an hunger that can't be satiated.

Congratulations, you have demonstrated the incredible ability of being able to put things out of perspective/context and alter their meaning! You are a very good debater indeed!

I know you're going to say something along the lines of "Haha GalanofTaa calling me biased, nice username" or something childish like that, but fear not, I have decided to follow Tom Brevoort's advice and stop visiting Battle forums as they are utterly rubbish, with members whose intellects border the unacceptable.

leonidas
Originally posted by Utrigita
Well it was said that Exitar had accumulated the energy needed to destroy the watchers for several thousand years. And all the Watchers was gathered (from what I understand) on the same planet. So imo to say that the Celestials is clearly above the Watchers is incorrect.

huh? 3 skyfathers couldn't get arishem's attention. a destroyer armor powered by all of asgard could do no harm at all.

quasar and ss have both beaten watchers. no expression

i'd say it is about as clear as anything could be that a celestial>>watcher.

threatened by it? twice that i know of. and once consumed. if it's part of him, why couldn't he control it? thanos took and once and gave it to quasar as well, without g's notice. so, it's been stolen, it's killed g, and it has threatened him in the hands of others. that doesn't sound much like it's 'part of him' to me. if it does have some link (which it may) i suspect the relationship will be a lot more complex than it being just a'weapon' he can call upon yet never has.

guy222
The Celestials/Horde/Watchers are instruments of the Fulcrum(TOAA)

Good story by two brothers who wrote the last Eternals story. Sadly was cancelled three issues short

I'm sure Hickman may write another tale like Kieron is doin for the X-Men

All writers write as they please no regards to contunity and that's sad

leonidas
The Multi-Eternity thing was said by John Byrne himself in his forum, Byrne Robotics, but can also be deduced from the scan I posted.
I shall not argue with you, as you are clearly too biased to be dealt with rationally. It said in the scan that he only made his hunger insatiable, thus he went from a state of "only wanting to survive" to "devouring every thing in sight" to satiate an hunger that can't be satiated.

Congratulations, you have demonstrated the incredible ability of being able to put things out of perspective/context and alter their meaning! You are a very good debater indeed!

I know you're going to say something along the lines of "Haha GalanofTaa calling me biased, nice username" or something childish like that, but fear not, I have decided to follow Tom Brevoort's advice and stop visiting Battle forums as they are utterly rubbish, with members whose intellects border the unacceptable. Originally posted by leonidas
laughing

and.....that should pretty much cinch things. socks get bans around here. smile

you're epic debating skills will be missed. laughing

Sr J-Bieb
The UN never killed him. He went to an alternate dimension when he was almost completely drained.
He's been threatened twice. Once against Reed, and once against Morg... which wasn't really threatening G.

There's also the scene of him firing it from many galaxies away and it going directly to Korvac's location.

TBH, it just seems like he doesn't care about it most times. Guy's got so many other shit that would keep an autistic kid busy forever.

Also, Galactus killed a Watcher too

guy222

U know eternal friend Uatu stood by in awe when the Monolith Gatherer arrived

The One easily killed by Exitar

And their fates were doomed if not for a petty writer at the time

Tiamut easily dismissed Uatu during the last Eternals story, yet became a 'friend'

So, based on those facts for me Celestials easily above the Watchers

Magnon
Not a very compelling argument... AT ALL. You have failed to disprove everything both I and utrigita said, thus you have ultimately lost this argument.

Galactus didn't use the UN against Annihilus / Cancerverse Galactus.
Therefore, he won't use it against the Celestials.

(P.S.: He also said, "do what must be done"wink

Strong logic.

I bid thee farewell!

Declaring yourself to be the winner of an argument is one of the most common failures in argumentation. Also, you try to resort to ad hominems (another logical fallacy). And finally, you virtually run away. Talking about logic and the strength of argument, you might want to look into mirror.

I rely on statistics, on overwhelming evidence about Galactus not being able to use the UN in dire circumstances. Did he personally use it against

- Abraxas? NO
- Galactus Engine? NO
- Aegis & Tenebrous? NO
- The Rogue Watcher? NO
- The Phoenix? NO
- Magus & the incomplete IG? NO
- Thanos & IG? NO
- The Beyonder? NO
- and so on and so on

That is not just a couple of isolated events, it is a well established trend throughout his entire character history.

GalanOfTaa
you're epic debating skills will be missed. laughing

Before you criticize my "epic debating skills", you might want to learn the difference between "your" and "you're".

Declaring yourself to be the winner of an argument is one of the most common failures in argumentation. Also, you try to resort to ad hominems (another logical fallacy). And finally, you virtually run away. Talking about logic and the strength of argument, you might want to look into mirror.

I rely on statistics, on overwhelming evidence about Galactus not being able to use the UN in dire circumstances. Did he personally use it against

- Abraxas? NO
- Galactus Engine? NO
- Aegis & Tenebrous? NO
- The Rogue Watcher? NO
- The Phoenix? NO
- Magus & the incomplete IG? NO
- Thanos & IG? NO
- The Beyonder? NO
- and so on and so on

That is not just a couple of isolated events, it is a well established trend throughout his entire character history.

I don't care about ad hominems, all I care about is logic, which you lack.
Furthermore, I did not declare myself a winner, just said you were wrong. You being wrong and me being right are two different things which are not mutually exclusive.

Utrigita
huh? 3 skyfathers couldn't get arishem's attention. a destroyer armor powered by all of asgard could do no harm at all.

quasar and ss have both beaten watchers. no expression

i'd say it is about as clear as anything could be that a celestial>>watcher.

threatened by it? twice that i know of. and once consumed. if it's part of him, why couldn't he control it? thanos took and once and gave it to quasar as well, without g's notice. so, it's been stolen, it's killed g, and it has threatened him in the hands of others. that doesn't sound much like it's 'part of him' to me. if it does have some link (which it may) i suspect the relationship will be a lot more complex than it being just a'weapon' he can call upon yet never has.

Yet the only direct power comparison between them, a direct face off leave it obvious that Exitar (that by Thors account is stronger then the entire fourth Host combined) has to wait thousands of years to get the required energy to kill the watchers. And I'm sorry but I give more for the stand off and Uatu's comment then I give for their low showing against herald level beings. But I respect your opinion.

Yet it found it's way back into Galactus hands once again, and Galactus was at that point of time in the Dimension of Manifestation when it was stolen iirc (Quasar incident), also what does that make it in total, like 3 times it have been used or stolen. Yet not much of that changes that can you name a single time the UN hasn't endeed up at Galactus again in the end? Even the Morg incident when Taa II was complete disintegrated, Galactus still managed to obtain the UN again.

leonidas
Yet the only direct power comparison between them, a direct face off leave it obvious that Exitar (that by Thors account is stronger then the entire fourth Host combined) has to wait thousands of years to get the required energy to kill the watchers. And I'm sorry but I give more for the stand off and Uatu's comment then I give for their low showing against herald level beings. But I respect your opinion.

in general, i think watchers are below skyfathers--just. we'll agree to disagree. thumb up

you raise a fair enough point. however, when the un was regained for the abraxas arc it was NOT in g's keeping. can't recall HOW the knowledge of the location of the un was placed in johnny's head(s) but i don't recall that it was g that put it there though. feel free to prove me wrong however. it's been a litte since i read that arc in detail. smile

leonidas
Before you criticize my "epic debating skills", you might want to learn the difference between "your" and "you're".

hey, you finally got something right. thumb up

and.....i thought we were all beneath you. shouldn't you have left by now.....?

leonidas
The UN never killed him. He went to an alternate dimension when he was almost completely drained.

are you talking about the tyrant incident?

cool, where was that?

i think it's a lot more than not caring about it. and watchers have really fallen over the years. g killing one as part of collateral damage is just another in a line of less-than showings. erm

Sr J-Bieb
are you talking about the tyrant incident?

cool, where was that?

i think it's a lot more than not caring about it. and watchers have really fallen over the years. g killing one as part of collateral damage is just another in a line of less-than showings. erm Yes.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/FantasticFourAnnual24-04.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/FantasticFourAnnual24-07.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/FantasticFourAnnual24-09.jpg

iirc the beams followed him across timelines as well

Writers not caring about it. If you put that into comic terms, it goes into Galactus not caring about it.

Not really. The Watchers haven't had any better or worse showings recently than they have before. Plus the writer of that was actually really good, as opposed to Loeb... either way.

Utrigita
in general, i think watchers are below skyfathers--just. we'll agree to disagree. thumb up

you raise a fair enough point. however, when the un was regained for the abraxas arc it was NOT in g's keeping. can't recall HOW the knowledge of the location of the un was placed in johnny's head(s) but i don't recall that it was g that put it there though. feel free to prove me wrong however. it's been a litte since i read that arc in detail. smile

The most logical conclusion as to it not being in Galactus possession was because Galactus at the point of time was dead. As I understod the arc every Johnny Storm in various alternate universes had basically tried, succeeded or failed to collect the UN (to help in the very first meeting with Galactus) so each had a partial idea on where to look, so the idea must have been planted by the Watcher (wasn't he the one that guided Johnny to the UN the first time around?)

zopzop
Quick question, did people even READ the Black Celestial arc in FF that featured that future version of Tiamut and Galactus? For those of you who didn't here's some key facts :

a) An IMPRISIONED and depowered Tiamut ALTERED Galactus' very being. Tiamut was still in his coma and he played with Galactus' like a toy

b) The only reason Tiamut was consumed in the Black Hole effect centering on Galactus was because :

1) He was never at full power to begin with, his Deviant slaves built engines in his prison to power him to where he was almost as strong as he was before his imprisonment/depowerment by the Second Host

2) Right before that Black Hole incident, Reed discovered that the only reason Tiamut was up and about was because of the engines the Deviants made in his prison base. He sends Gladiator with an entire cities worth of high tech Shi'ar explosives to destroy the base just as they were leading him around the Time Bubble. He was DEPOWERED by the time he made it to Galactus' belly/black hole and that's why he couldn't resist or protect himself from the effect.

leonidas
Yes.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/FantasticFourAnnual24-04.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/FantasticFourAnnual24-07.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Raw%20power/Tech/FantasticFourAnnual24-09.jpg

iirc the beams followed him across timelines as well

Writers not caring about it. If you put that into comic terms, it goes into Galactus not caring about it.

Not really. The Watchers haven't had any better or worse showings recently than they have before. Plus the writer of that was actually really good, as opposed to Loeb... either way.

hrm, horrible arc. i'd forgotten all about that run. that's the one that ended with reed banishing the rays with doom's time machine and po'ing the time variance guys.

the only issue i have with those scans (aside from the terrible retconning of that AWESOME avengers arc) as proof of anything is that the g that used it was from the far distant future. it was a gotg arc. it was also made clear during that arc that g used the nullifier a lot, something that, in our time period, certainly isn't the case. some of those gotg arcs were.... out there. you made your point, i'm just not sure how legitimate that scene is.

about the nullifier--as i said, it may prove to be some part of him. maybe he'll whip it out sometime and actually use it in the way some believe he can. but until his relationship with the un is explored further, i would never consider it fair game in a galactus vs thread. i still don't think it's a matter of his simply not caring to use it. doesn't make sense to me.

at one time, uatu was considered a near-equal to g. the difference is that in the past watchers rarely battled directly. they have several less-than showings and not all that many (but some) strong ones. so i'd say their portrayals have changed quite a bit.

leonidas
The most logical conclusion as to it not being in Galactus possession was because Galactus at the point of time was dead. As I understod the arc every Johnny Storm in various alternate universes had basically tried, succeeded or failed to collect the UN (to help in the very first meeting with Galactus) so each had a partial idea on where to look, so the idea must have been planted by the Watcher (wasn't he the one that guided Johnny to the UN the first time around?)

i'm not sure where the knowledge came from tbh. bran seems to think g wasn't actually dead at the time. meant to ask him where he got that bit of info......

Sr J-Bieb
hrm, horrible arc. i'd forgotten all about that run. that's the one that ended with reed banishing the rays with doom's time machine and po'ing the time variance guys.

the only issue i have with those scans (aside from the terrible retconning of that AWESOME avengers arc) as proof of anything is that the g that used it was from the far distant future. it was a gotg arc. it was also made clear during that arc that g used the nullifier a lot, something that, in our time period, certainly isn't the case. some of those gotg arcs were.... out there. you made your point, i'm just not sure how legitimate that scene is.

about the nullifier--as i said, it may prove to be some part of him. maybe he'll whip it out sometime and actually use it in the way some believe he can. but until his relationship with the un is explored further, i would never consider it fair game in a galactus vs thread. i still don't think it's a matter of his simply not caring to use it. doesn't make sense to me.

at one time, uatu was considered a near-equal to g. the difference is that in the past watchers rarely battled directly. they have several less-than showings and not all that many (but some) strong ones. so i'd say their portrayals have changed quite a bit. That was the same Galactus who Korvac gained knowledge from. IE 616 Galactus. He didn't use the UN a lot, the UN just followed Korvac through different universes and timelines.
And when the time variance guys talked about the UN, they could have just been talking about a Galactus firing it again in the multiverse, since any Galactus doing it would have the same effects.
This is all off the top of my head, but I'm pretty fantastic so there's that

Oh no, I wouldn't either.
But he had no need to use it either. Same with most of his tech. Why would he always pull it out? The last time him and his UN had been seen together, he ripped it out of Abraxas' hands. Do we yell how contradicting it is (even though it really only goes against his first appearance?), do we yell retcon, or do we go about it the non chalant way and just say he doesn't need it/care all the time?

That was off of statements though. They have, had, and will never have any showings on that level. Statements also have Grandmaster on Galactus' level, and that was only a couple years ago. Characters can say all they want, but until it comes in fruition, then you know, no.

leonidas
That was the same Galactus who Korvac gained knowledge from. IE 616 Galactus. He didn't use the UN a lot, the UN just followed Korvac through different universes and timelines.
This is all off the top of my head, but I'm pretty fantastic so there's that

yep, you are correct. actually checked. thought it was a future g. however i was also correct in that it is said in that ff arc that g has fired the un many times. so.... huh. then reed heads off the beams and bfr's them. my summation: that arc was a mess. shrug

i agree with you on that last part though.

it also goes against the tyrant issue imo. i guess because he's come damn near to dying many times and not called it. to me it seems there is something more to the un. maybe not, but it's something i'd like to see explored more.

it did kill g in the korvac what if as well, which was simply a divergent as opposed to alternate reality. and no, i'm not citing it as proof, but still, one more inconsistency imo.

aron and uatu's battle was uber impressive.... and given some of GM's feats it's not hard to see him there.

ps--i can't possibly debate with you again until you change that sig. who can argue with taylor staring them down? no expression

Sr J-Bieb
yep, you are correct. actually checked. thought it was a future g. however i was also correct in that it is said in that ff arc that g has fired the un many times. so.... huh. then reed heads off the beams and bfr's them. my summation: that arc was a mess. shrug

i agree with you on that last part though. I edited.

The Time Authority deals with Galactus' across the omniverse. When they say "Again" they mean that another Galactus has used to UN, and this time it was 616 Galactus... for a simple explanation.

it also goes against the tyrant issue imo. i guess because he's come damn near to dying many times and not called it. to me it seems there is something more to the un. maybe not, but it's something i'd like to see explored more.

it did kill g in the korvac what if as well, which was simply a divergent as opposed to alternate reality. and no, i'm not citing it as proof, but still, one more inconsistency imo. He couldn't even stand in the Tyrant issue, and it wasn't turned directly against him, so there's that.

Meh, What Ifs.
That settles that.

aron and uatu's battle was uber impressive.... and given some of GM's feats it's not hard to see him there.

ps--i can't possibly debate with you again until you change that sig. who can argue with taylor staring them down? no expression And that's pretty much all Uatu really has. And that wasn't even back when he was considered Galactus' "Equal"
Well, I think this goes against that...
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/Elders/silversurfer198801004kp0.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/Elders/silversurfer198801005tf4.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Energy%20manipulation/Absorbing/Elders/silversurfer198801006yn3.jpg

I don't see how anyone could go against her angelic looks.

leonidas
I edited.

The Time Authority deals with Galactus' across the omniverse. When they say "Again" they mean that another Galactus has used to UN, and this time it was 616 Galactus... for a simple explanation.

hmm, could be but that's not so simple and rather a large assumption....

were it part of him, it likely shouldn't matter what level power he's at.

aron was pretty impressive throughout.

i said given SOME of his showings..... that was before the jla/avengers arc where he was much more impressive for example. he was pretty impressive in that avengers annual arc as well. i'm not saying he IS as powerful, just that at times he has been shown to be pretty damn uber.

*insert dreamy sigh....*

Sr J-Bieb
hmm, could be but that's not so simple and rather a large assumption....
Well, they're talking about 616 Galactus, and we know he doesn't fire it off, so that's really the only explanation... that makes sense.

were it part of him, it likely shouldn't matter what level power he's at. I'd say when he can't stand up, then more exotic powers are off limits too, especially when he didn't need to do anything until it overloaded.

aron was pretty impressive throughout. Decent level. Not Galactus level, but certainly 'cosmic' (whatever that word means)

Like I said though, that was at a time when writers abandonned the notion of Watcher's being Galactus level. They've never been written down following showings, the only things that have changed is the Galactus talk

i said given SOME of his showings..... that was before the jla/avengers arc where he was much more impressive for example. he was pretty impressive in that avengers annual arc as well. i'm not saying he IS as powerful, just that at times he has been shown to be pretty damn uber. I just wanted an excuse to show Galactus crushing Collector and Grandmaster

*insert dreamy sigh....* She's just... she's just fantastic

leonidas
Well, they're talking about 616 Galactus, and we know he doesn't fire it off, so that's really the only explanation... that makes sense.

an even simpler explanation is that 616 g does/has used it often and we simply never see it. meh, who knows.

you'd call simply calling the thing back to him exotic?

Originally posted by Galan007
The 'Rogue Watcher' moves and rearranges a hundred million Stars/Planets into a net-like pattern -- even Galactus is astounded by this display of power:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6965/watcher1rt6.th.jpg http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3671/watcher2dy1.th.jpg

======

Galactus and the Rogue Watcher battle do battle -- the battle lasts so long, that the Universe literally dies around them as they wage war:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8193/watcher3gg2.th.jpg http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2508/watcher4tx8.th.jpg

the above might argue against that....

no excuse needed. i never liked any of the elders.

starting to feel creeped out. no expression

Sr J-Bieb
an even simpler explanation is that 616 g does/has used it often and we simply never see it. meh, who knows.

you'd call simply calling the thing back to him exotic?

the above might argue against that....

no excuse needed. i never liked any of the elders.

starting to feel creeped out. no expression I didn't want to go down that route

Moreso than walking laughing out loud

non canon

me neither

I always feel comfortable when thinking of Taylor... maybe a little too
Weird

leonidas
non canon

really? thought i'd discussed that once, long ago.... 'pologies. that was unintentional.

freak.

Magnon
I don't care about ad hominems, all I care about is logic, which you lack.
Furthermore, I did not declare myself a winner, just said you were wrong. You being wrong and me being right are two different things which are not mutually exclusive.

You don't have to worry about my logic, it's just fine. Yours, however, seems to be lacking. You claim that Galactus can just fire the UN at will if his fight with the Celestials starts to go badly, while the evidence shows that he has never done so under combat situation (as far as I know). You fail to provide any support to your claims and instead try to derail the discussion into ad hominems. FYI, empty claims and personal attacks are inferior to facts.

Utrigita
i'm not sure where the knowledge came from tbh. bran seems to think g wasn't actually dead at the time. meant to ask him where he got that bit of info......

All I know is that Johnny Storm had the knowledge concerning the location of the UN (could simply have been a plot device, I don't really think it was ever explained how the knowledge became seperated) and again I think that the most logical conclusion would be that the knowledge was lying dormant from the first time the Human Torch arquired the UN from Galactus. Galactus was pretty much gone at the Abraxas act, that was the reason for Abraxas appearing in the first place, I think your mixing it up with the Morg incident, where Galactus was simply exiled to a alternate dimension, a dimension that he later escaped maybe thanks to the energy he absorbed from Hyperstorm, but that wasn't really elaborated on either.

leonidas
I think your mixing it up with the Morg incident, where Galactus was simply exiled to a alternate dimension, a dimension that he later escaped maybe thanks to the energy he absorbed from Hyperstorm, but that wasn't really elaborated on either.

yeah, you may be right. maybe because i don't remember any explanation for his returning from the morg incident.....

Utrigita
yeah, you may be right. maybe because i don't remember any explanation for his returning from the morg incident.....

IIRC there wasn't any, Galactus had his fight with Hyperstorm and then, more or less, just returned.

Power Cosmic II
Spoilers for FF 600 follow.

According to FF 600, the Celestials have something to do with the Galactus Seed.

Galactus tells Reed that the earth will be "broken" soon, and that he (Galactus) cannot allow that to happen since the Seed is on earth. G gives reed a device called "the Arc" which will summon Galactus when activated. Given the solicits for FF 603, looks like the Celestials will arrive, and Reed will summon Galactus to combat them.

And, if anyone is interested...we learn a bit more about the Seed.

Like Odin said in Mighty Thor, the Seed contains the next Galactus. What we learn now is that if the earth is destroyed, the seed will be expelled into space/time, and this will allow the birth of an entity within the Seed that will seek to replace Galactus. Galactus explains this cannot come to pass since the entity will be "immature" and lack G's restraint, and that everything will end sooner as a result.

Also re: the Seed. Apparently the Celestials and Eternity have something to do with its creation. The Seed is an aberration in regards to the cycle of balance that Galactus represents. So all the nonsense that some Asgard fans were postulating before about how Bor/Odin predate Galactus is utterly dispelled here.

Bentley
Did Eternity got mentioned at any point? It didn't seem so to me.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Bentley
Did Eternity got mentioned at any point? It didn't seem so to me.

Same speech bubble that "Celestial" was mentioned

guy222
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823263_FF-600-087.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823264_FF-600-088.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823265_FF-600-089.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823266_FF-600-090.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823267_FF-600-091.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Like Odin said in Mighty Thor, the Seed contains the next Galactus. What we learn now is that if the earth is destroyed, the seed will be expelled into space/time, and this will allow the birth of an entity within the Seed that will seek to replace Galactus. Galactus explains this cannot come to pass since the entity will be "immature" and lack G's restraint, and that everything will end sooner as a result.

Also re: the Seed. Apparently the Celestials and Eternity have something to do with its creation. The Seed is an aberration in regards to the cycle of balance that Galactus represents. So all the nonsense that some Asgard fans were postulating before about how Bor/Odin predate Galactus is utterly dispelled here.

Unfortunately I haven't read the newest issue of the Fantastic Four so I can't comment on what Hickman has decided to change or expand on, how it effects the Asgardian retcon etc. but don't pretend that Bor and his sons predating the current Universal cycle was some kind of baseless theory. If it was, previous discussions wouldn't have gone the way they did. I get that you don't like it, I didn't like all the Celestial based retcons that Thomas made, but let's not be Ostriches.

Under Fraction, Bor and his sons are at least primordial types in terms of age from what I can gather. Whether they come before or after Galactus, it should still be pretty close either way.

Bentley
Same speech bubble that "Celestial" was mentioned

Judging by the context that "celestial" could be unrelated with the actual Celestials, but since we know the Celestials are coming... Is this the first on panel confirmation of the statement that has the Celestials serving under Eternity?

guy222
should b a great tale

Nihilist
should b a great tale Hopefully, but i dont hold out much hope for Cosmic stories nowadays.

dmills
Hopefully, but i dont hold out much hope for Cosmic stories nowadays.

Word.

Utrigita

We can always hope, I personally expect a great read from this smile

Nihilist
We can always hope, I personally expect a great read from this smile I really really do want to hope, but i dont wanna be let down again sad

guy222

i don't either buddy

those at the top of the marvel food chain job out the powerful cosmic guys

hope galactus does good for u

i hope my celestials do as well

dmills
I really really do want to hope, but i dont wanna be let down again sad

How are you liking Earth fall so far Nihilist? And I guess I don't have to ask because I already can guess your thoughts about "Kid Nova" in point one laughing out loud

Nihilist
Originally posted by dmills
How are you liking Earth fall so far Nihilist? And I guess I don't have to ask because I already can guess your thoughts about "Kid Nova" in point one laughing out loud Honestly havent bought it, ive lost a lot of intrest in Marvel.

Is it any good and have they explained how Magus returned from Thanos Imperative ?

zopzop
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823263_FF-600-087.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823264_FF-600-088.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823265_FF-600-089.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823266_FF-600-090.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823267_FF-600-091.jpg

Wait a minute. Am I reading those scans right? Did he just admit that Asgard technically still has the Seed? So he did run when Odin entered the Destroyer and was about to challenge him!

If that's the case, and Galactus beats the Celestials, then the events in THor 300 will be retconned.

guy222
hope its done good

'a celestial mistake' interesting

dmills
Honestly havent bought it, ive lost a lot of intrest in Marvel.

Is it any good and have they explained how Magus returned from Thanos Imperative ?

I'd say It's been pretty good so far. I hate the art though. But this is DnA's swan song in terms of hard cosmic sci-fi/fantasy so its to be expected that they'd attempt to put their best feet forward.

I suspect that Magus, like Warlock, always will come back from the dead at some point because of the cocoon etc.

SuperEvil
Well from what i read Odin hid the seed in the world tree...if Galactus destroyed the world tree to get the seed he would also in turn destroy the nine realms including earth which he doesn't want to do. So my assumption is he just left it where it was and decided to go another rout. I highly doubt he was afraid of Odin in the armor.

Bentley
Earthfall is what the first Anni mini should've been. The art is weird though.

I actually look foward for the Galactus showing since Hickman has written good stories.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wait a minute. Am I reading those scans right? Did he just admit that Asgard technically still has the Seed? So he did run when Odin entered the Destroyer and was about to challenge him!

If that's the case, and Galactus beats the Celestials, then the events in THor 300 will be retconned.

I thought it was quite clear that facing the Destroyer Armor wasn't a prospect that Galactus was fond off, especially since he was in a less than peak condition.

They reached a sort of impasse hence the agreement made between the two:
http://f.cl.ly/items/473f0d2B3R3j0r073N27/Image%202011.09.28%203:30:23%20PM.png
http://f.cl.ly/items/0A3t3L3f1n2z0q3d3C2p/Image%202011.09.28%203:31:27%20PM.png

The Asgardians still keep the seed but don't have direct control over it and Galactus will make no attempt to retake it.

At the end of the day, Asgard doesn't have anything in it's arsenal to trump the Ultimate Nullifier so if Galactus whips it out, his victory is assured but he isn't that desperate I think.

Using Odin as a comparison point, Galactus is nowhere near a Celestial in power but I doubt it'll be portrayed that way. Things change, and the Celestial/Odin encounter is arguably the outlier in overall continuity.

zopzop
Originally posted by SuperEvil
Well from what i read Odin hid the seed in the world tree...if Galactus destroyed the world tree to get the seed he would also in turn destroy the nine realms including earth which he doesn't want to do. So my assumption is he just left it where it was and decided to go another rout. I highly doubt he was afraid of Odin in the armor.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823265_FF-600-089.jpg

That scan is damning! From Galactus' own mouth :

"The Asgardians have it...." and "Until it's retrieved from the Asgardians..." So even according to him, they have the Seed and we all saw on panel he didn't push the issue once Odin entered the Destroyer.

zopzop
At the end of the day, Asgard doesn't have anything in it's arsenal to trump the Ultimate Nullifier so if Galactus whips it out, his victory is assured but he isn't that desperate I think.

Meh to the UN. He's fought numerous opponents ranging from Odin to Thanos with the IG to the CK to Thanos with the HotU and never whipped it out. I consider it a none issue.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh to the UN. He's fought numerous opponents ranging from Odin to Thanos with the IG to the CK to Thanos with the HotU and never whipped it out. I consider it a none issue.

True.

Bentley

"The Asgardians have it...." and "Until it's retrieved from the Asgardians..." So even according to him, they have the Seed and we all saw on panel he didn't push the issue once Odin entered the Destroyer.

Again with your selective reading stick out tongue

SuperEvil

But how would Galactus get the seed without destroying or damaging Yggdrasil? He said himself he doesn't want to harm the earth and since earth is one of the nine realms if he destroyed or damaged Yggdrasil he could inadvertently destroy or damage earth. My opinion is he didn't think the risk was worth the reward and just left it there. That is how I see it but you could be right also.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Bentley
Judging by the context that "celestial" could be unrelated with the actual Celestials, but since we know the Celestials are coming... Is this the first on panel confirmation of the statement that has the Celestials serving under Eternity?

It's still nebulous but the statement has precedence.

SS vol 3. #10...Eternity tells Galactus that the Celestials were a product of his (Eternity's) "meditation"

dmills
Seems like a thread from Earth X if I'm not mistaken. Or was it that that universes Galactus was destroying Celestial "eggs"? I can't recall.

Power Cosmic II

Of course they have it. The point is not who has it but who controls it. They HID it in the worldtree and Odin himself confirmed that they don't have the means to look for it.

And, it was only after the fact when SS said the Seed was gone did Galactus know it was lost within the worldtree. It's an impasse which he is more than willing to outlast and outlive all of Asgard. No one controls the Seed. The See is on Earth. By extension, FF #600 confirms the outcome is favorable to Galactus since he knows where the Seed is, and no one can control it.

There's nothing "damning" about it...all of this was already seen and depicted in Mighty Thor.

And this whole "Galactus is scared of the destroyer" idea seems to have run its course. We have Galactus on panel telling Reed to summon him when the time is right. The time is going to be right when Arishem & co come rolling through.

Same guys who torched the destroyer armor. And frankly i can't see Galactus losing to the Celestials since this time, it appears G is defending earth.

Power Cosmic II
Seems like a thread from Earth X if I'm not mistaken. Or was it that that universes Galactus was destroying Celestial "eggs"?

Earth X Galactus' role was to curtail Celestial population by destroying celestial eggs.

This hickman story is different with respect to the Galactus Seed containing within it an entity that will seek to replace Galactus.

dmills
Are they writing this shyte to be correspond to the damn movies? I don't recall Asgard ever being depicted as some sort of safehouse for ancient artifacts and the like.

dmills
Earth X Galactus' role was to curtail Celestial population by destroying celestial eggs.

This hickman story is different with respect to the Galactus Seed containing within it an entity that will seek to replace Galactus.

Thanks PCII. I'll purchase it.

Power Cosmic II
Thanks PCII. I'll purchase it.

it's a good read. surprisingly extremely dystopian and pessimistic for a story that appeared pre - September 11th.

Power Cosmic II
We can always hope, I personally expect a great read from this smile

Check out his interview from CBR.

Colossus-Big C
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823263_FF-600-087.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823264_FF-600-088.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823265_FF-600-089.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823266_FF-600-090.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9823267_FF-600-091.jpg What has his son been doing

Nihilist
Sounds promising

zopzop
Of course they have it. The point is not who has it but who controls it. They HID it in the worldtree and Odin himself confirmed that they don't have the means to look for it.

And, it was only after the fact when SS said the Seed was gone did Galactus know it was lost within the worldtree. It's an impasse which he is more than willing to outlast and outlive all of Asgard. No one controls the Seed. The See is on Earth. By extension, FF #600 confirms the outcome is favorable to Galactus since he knows where the Seed is, and no one can control it.

There's nothing "damning" about it...all of this was already seen and depicted in Mighty Thor.

And this whole "Galactus is scared of the destroyer" idea seems to have run its course. We have Galactus on panel telling Reed to summon him when the time is right. The time is going to be right when Arishem & co come rolling through.

Same guys who torched the destroyer armor. And frankly i can't see Galactus losing to the Celestials since this time, it appears G is defending earth.

They have it but don't "control" it? How does that make any sense? Also he didn't press his attack when Odin busted out the Destroyer Armor, but he's willing to fight the Celestials should they come for the Seed? I have a feeling a massive retcon is coming in terms of the power level of the Celestials in comparison to Skyfathers and Galactus, with the Celestials being powered down. I'm willing to bet if that fight in Thor 300 took place in the coming months, the winner wouldn't be the Celestials.

Colossus-Big C
Most likely no name celestials will a show up.

If not then exitar solos, tiamut solos, scathan solos.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Most likely no name celestials will a show up.

If not then exitar solos, tiamut solos, scathan solos. You should try thinking before speaking sometimes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>