PunisherMax R.I.P.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Yep Marvel is cancelling this title

http://www.comicvine.com/news/punishermax-rip/143882/

last one will be issue #22

what the **** are you doing Marvel with all these cancellations.

jalek moye
something stupid

Deadline
good.

Kazenji
Why good?

Galan007
This was one of the few Marvel titles I still enjoyed. thumb down

-Pr-
same.

JakeTheBank
Marvel will give us moar Wolverine and Spider-Man, plz?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Galan007
This was one of the few Marvel titles I still enjoyed. thumb down Well at least they didn't abruptly cancel it like the others.

Sound story in PunisherMax. We can't letting Frank live forever.

Kazenji
One thing i liked about Aarons run for PunisherMax is how he introduces characters from the 616 universe and redesign them to what they would look like in this MAX universe.

Deadline
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why good?

Dark, depressing, nothing positive and the writers get kicks out of making the Punisher as psychotic as possible, unfortunately they have started this trend in the 616 universe.

Kazenji
Well i suppose its better then having it all campy and treat it like a joke like when Fraction was writing it.

Galan007
I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore Punisher fan, but this was an excellent series. I just wish it would've lasted longer.

HueyFreeman
I enjoyed this series. The ending seemed a little hackneyed but thats probably to offset how depressing franks story is.

Morridini
Is this a new Punisher Max series?

I see thew OP mention it ending after issue 22, but as far as I remember, I have about 8 TPBs back home from several years ago, which would be much more than just 22 issues.

Kazenji
Its a recent series not the one Garth Ennis started.

OneDumbG0
^ To be clear to others, it does build on Garth Ennis' series though and is the same character. 22 issues chronicling Frank's final battle.

It was good. And I don't believe it was cancelled. Jason Aaron simply finished the story he always meant to tell.

Kazenji
i liked the MAX version of Bullseye how he made a joke about killing that one guy with a toothpick, Sorta like a dig at the 616 version with what he can do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.