Galactus vs The Celestials...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Well we all know its going to go down in Febuary, but lets see who the Hive Mind here at KMC thinks will win...

Slaanesh
if it's many against 1..Celestials easily..

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Slaanesh
if it's many against 1..Celestials easily..

Couldnt Galactus use The Ultimate Nullifier to swing things in his favor?

Although its out of his character to use it, given that this may very well be an extreme enough circumstance, its possible that he resorts to the UN to deal with these guys...

wildernesss
Galactus remained in one piece while celestials were being owned during
the thanos imperative; plus he has the nullifier. galan wins this if he does not hold back.

Colossus-Big C
There are several celestials who can solo

dmills
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Well we all know its going to go down in Febuary, but lets see who the Hive Mind here at KMC thinks will win...

Lmao @ "The Hive Mind" of kmc.

guy222
again for the thanos imperative , the celestials weren't 'seen' doesn't mean they were destroyed obviously their amazing powers if that happened to reform is awesome

hickman hasn't been kind to either force

galactus shouldn't b able to survive against a horde of celestials

big g doesn't whip out the un to start nullifying ppl, if so he could've used it against the chaos king and i doubt hickman will say the celestials>ck

and it comes down to this...x-men writers made a plan to embarass the celestials telling a no nonsense storyline without regards to contunity

hickman is still telling a storyline regarding a new celestial which seemed to fair well vs leo da vinci and others

so a legendary writer who seems to favor neither well, lets see what he does

i hope when the eternals book hits later in '12 they can make the celestials as they should again then all the upcoming jobbing will cease

dmills
Whoa boy. My son was going through some of my comics and for some God forsaken reason he picks up Hack/Slash. The poor kid is traumatized laughing out loud

dmills
Originally posted by guy222
again for the thanos imperative , the celestials weren't 'seen' doesn't mean they were destroyed obviously their amazing powers if that happened to reform is awesome

hickman hasn't been kind to either force

galactus shouldn't b able to survive against a horde of celestials

big g doesn't whip out the un to start nullifying ppl, if so he could've used it against the chaos king and i doubt hickman will say the celestials>ck

and it comes down to this...x-men writers made a plan to embarass the celestials telling a no nonsense storyline without regards to contunity

hickman is still telling a storyline regarding a new celestial which seemed to fair well vs leo da vinci and others

so a legendary writer who seems to favor neither well, lets see what he does

i hope when the eternals book hits later in '12 they can make the celestials as they should again then all the upcoming jobbing will cease

Personally as a fan I prefer them to leave the high end cosmics alone as this current group of Marvel talent just can't seem to write any of them well. I've said it before and I'll say it again, DnA got the Galactus portrayal right in my eyes. An inevitable force of nature completely beyond the scope of human reason. Reed -and every other geek- should try but ultimately fail to do anything to him or any others in his league.

guy222
well said buddy

Magnon
Voted for the Celestials. None of the provided options was correct, but that one was least wrong.

Without a doubt, however, the writer will fall victim to the "one vs. many" logical fallacy making the individual perform much better and the team members much worse than they should. There are plenty of precedents in Marvel books.

Magnon
Couldnt Galactus use The Ultimate Nullifier to swing things in his favor?

Nope, he can't. If Galactus tries to use the UN personally, he will just erase himself. That is the main purpose of the UN, after all. Only Reed and other "heroes" with selfless nature and determined mind can use it without causing self-termination.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by dmills
Personally as a fan I prefer them to leave the high end cosmics alone as this current group of Marvel talent just can't seem to write any of them well. I've said it before and I'll say it again, DnA got the Galactus portrayal right in my eyes. An inevitable force of nature completely beyond the scope of human reason. Reed -and every other geek- should try but ultimately fail to do anything to him or any others in his league.

Quoted for absolute truth

rotiart
Originally posted by Magnon
Nope, he can't. If Galactus tries to use the UN personally, he will just erase himself. That is the main purpose of the UN, after all. Only Reed and other "heroes" with selfless nature and determined mind can use it without causing self-termination.

I disagree with this post entirely. Being selfless or a determined mind does not save you. And there's no saying what would happen if Galactus used it...

But when humans use it theY get obliterated.

Power Cosmic II

that is totally incorrect.

That is the best depiction, I agree, but for story telling purposes sometimes it has to change.

Hickman's reed kowtows to hickman Galactus anyway.

Also, SS is no longer around to act as herald. It's that repellent embryo humanoid. since hickman is writing i'd much rather have galactus talk than have some priest try to sort shit out.

Nihilist
Hopefully it continues the showing of Galactus being superior than the Celestials as shown in Thanos Imperative.

Bentley
Whoa boy. My son was going through some of my comics and for some God forsaken reason he picks up Hack/Slash. The poor kid is traumatized laughing out loud

Good that he didn't ask you if he could do the same to his friends stick out tongue

And agreed about Galactus, very few writers have given him the respect A&L did.

Power Cosmic II

http://i.newsarama.com/images/ff1998603_int_lr_0002.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/ff1998603_int_lr_0003.jpg

http://img.search.com/thumb/6/69/Mills_lane.gif/250px-Mills_lane.gif

h1a8
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k222/fdphotos/gifs/popcorn2.gif

quanchi112
I'm pulling for Galactus and if this goes well or he puts up anything resembling a fight there goes the notion the Celestials are beyond him.

guy222
lil knowledge as i do i told us before just tweet the editor in chief/editors etc

they do tweet u back

everyone including ict is in a tissy laughing out loud that big g looks good vs alternate celestials

they aren't tiamut/arishem/exitar or the one from s.h.i.e.l.d.

remember before a simple answer is given which celestial or celestials he's fighting and its already been determined who wins or loses listen to guy222 stick out tongue

the new eternals series has been greenlighted so

nuff said

yall read the issues and lets talk then

i have already tweeted em and received an answer

vince_slice
This should be exciting.

Nihilist
lil knowledge as i do i told us before just tweet the editor in chief/editors etc

they do tweet u back

everyone including ict is in a tissy laughing out loud that big g looks good vs alternate celestials

they aren't tiamut/arishem/exitar or the one from s.h.i.e.l.d.

remember before a simple answer is given which celestial or celestials he's fighting and its already been determined who wins or loses listen to guy222 stick out tongue

the new eternals series has been greenlighted so

nuff said

yall read the issues and lets talk then

i have already tweeted em and received an answer I tweeted them and they said Galactus comes out on top,so..

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Nihilist
I tweeted them and they said Galactus comes out on top,so..

ooooohhhhh... you tweeted them! damn! i guess thats that!....

laughing what a lame shit argument ........ tweeted them.... laughing

i suppose we can add tweeting and facebook as valid proof now.

Nihilist
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
ooooohhhhh... you tweeted them! damn! i guess thats that!....

laughing what a lame shit argument ........ tweeted them.... laughing

i suppose we can add tweeting and facebook as valid proof now. *sigh* ive hurt you bad, you cant even understand what i posted can.

Go il give you the chance to prove what my post to guy in respone to his was about..il wait for your awsome response.

JakeTheBank
I think Galactus should triumph against a few Celestials at the most.

The entire host would be spite against him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think Galactus should triumph against a few Celestials at the most.

The entire host would be spite against him. Just like one Celestial would have no chance against 7 Galactuses as well.

vince_slice
Taking on four Celestials by yourself is pretty insane.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vince_slice
Taking on four Celestials by yourself is pretty insane. thumb up

zopzop
Taking on four ALT REALITY Celestials by yourself is pretty insane.

We don't know how they compare to their 616 counterparts. Keep in mind they were one shotting multiple alt reality Infinity Gauntlet users. Then Reed comes along with his entropy gun and causes them to flee.

guy222

i got mine from axel and its different

guy222
Originally posted by zopzop
We don't know how they compare to their 616 counterparts. Keep in mind they were one shotting multiple alt reality Infinity Gauntlet users. Then Reed comes along with his entropy gun and causes them to flee.

so silly ray gun

Doon

Yeah, that was odd. He actually managed to destroy one of the Earth-4280 Celestials with the entropy gun. If I had a twitter account, I'd probably be asking the editors/writers to explain that one to me.

zopzop

More idiocy from Marvel. Assuming they say these alt reality Rogue Celestials are on the same level of power as their 616 counterparts, a sh|tstorm rolls in.

Three Skyfathers couldn't budge ONE Celestial.
ONE Skyfather gave Galactus a run for his money.
Galactus takes on and beats FOUR Celestials.

WTF is going on?

quanchi112
More idiocy from Marvel. Assuming they say these alt reality Rogue Celestials are on the same level of power as their 616 counterparts, a sh|tstorm rolls in.

WTF is going on? You're acting as if one showing over thirty years ago means anything today. It doesn't they are clearly peers in power. The one thing the Celestials have and usually have always had in their favor is numbers.

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
You're acting as if one showing over thirty years ago means anything today. It doesn't they are clearly peers in power. The one thing the Celestials have and usually have always had in their favor is numbers.

The events that took place in Thor 300 were confirmed by Athena during the Sacred Invasion arc in Incredible Hercules.

If ONE Skyfather gave Galactus hell and Galactus seems to be taking on FOUR alt reality Celestials, that means Celestials are now about Skyfather level beings. That's a HUGE, HUGE power downgrade (this assumes they are confirmed to be as powerful as their 616 reality counterparts) and indirectly retcons Thor 300 (and it's confirmation in the Sacred Invasion arc).

IMHO, these alt reality Celestials cannot be as powerful as their 616 versions. There was another group of them (Celestials) that couldn't even take down alt reality Ego (this took place in an Exiles issue).

Stoic

WTF is going on?

This is exactly what I was thinking as well. Galactus should get mugged a la Krona by multiple Celestial's. Then again we can't forget that Galactus' power levels are as variable as the Hulk's strength.

quanchi112
The events that took place in Thor 300 were confirmed by Athena during the Sacred Invasion arc in Incredible Hercules.

If ONE Skyfather gave Galactus hell and Galactus seems to be taking on FOUR alt reality Celestials, that means Celestials are now about Skyfather level beings. That's a HUGE, HUGE power downgrade (this assumes they are confirmed to be as powerful as their 616 reality counterparts) and indirectly retcons Thor 300 (and it's confirmation in the Sacred Invasion arc).

IMHO, these alt reality Celestials cannot be as powerful as their 616 versions. There was another group of them (Celestials) that couldn't even take down alt reality Ego (this took place in an Exiles issue). Odin wasn't able to really do anything to Galactus other than admit he's beyond him. Galactus reformed from all his damage and Thor himself was able to bust up Exitar who dwarfs the Celestials. Exitar reformed as well.

Galactus was shown as a peer to them in Thanos Imperative. To me this is looking like Galactus is beyond any single Celestial save Scathan.

vince_slice

WTF is going on?
Well Galactus did prep against the four Celestials via consuming four planets. He didn't prep that much against Odin, and only ate one planet. Even then Galactus didn't "struggle" with Odin, he didn't even throw a single attack at Odin. All he did was defend and let Odin wail on him till Odin knocked himself out.

guy222
hmm

zopzop
Odin wasn't able to really do anything to Galactus other than admit he's beyond him. Galactus reformed from all his damage and Thor himself was able to bust up Exitar who dwarfs the Celestials. Exitar reformed as well.

Galactus was shown as a peer to them in Thanos Imperative. To me this is looking like Galactus is beyond any single Celestial save Scathan.

Again this assumes they are equal in power to their 616 counterparts. Lest we get too happy, keep in mind these Rogue Celestials one shotted TWO IG users. The Reeds in that arc also jumped an alt reality Galactus with 7 or 8 alt reality Ultimate Nullifiers.

Something is seriously OFF with the power levels of the beings and objects from that Council of Reeds arc.

lilshogun
Well Celestials were said that they can jump from one universe to another. If depends how the writer knows of each character's power set. The last Celstial that made Galactus freak out was The Dreaming Celestial/

Rage.Of.Olympus

This is the the type of shit that I don't want springing up if Galactus gets a good showing.

Galactus could run a train on a dozen of those Celestials and it's still not conclusive evidence to place him above Arishem or something. At least imo.

Edit: Didn't notice it was you Quan, nvm, carry on.

Mindset
Galactus is beyond most Celestials imo.

quanchi112
Again this assumes they are equal in power to their 616 counterparts. Lest we get too happy, keep in mind these Rogue Celestials one shotted TWO IG users. The Reeds in that arc also jumped an alt reality Galactus with 7 or 8 alt reality Ultimate Nullifiers.

Something is seriously OFF with the power levels of the beings and objects from that Council of Reeds arc. I don't think so it's just going off of a showing over 30 plus years old doesn't really cut it anymore.

The Thanos Imperative showing also had them as equals.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is the the type of shit that I don't want springing up if Galactus gets a good showing.

Galactus could run a train on a dozen of those Celestials and it's still not conclusive evidence to place him above Arishem or something. At least imo.

Edit: Didn't notice it was you Quan, nvm, carry on. Why isn't it ? Do you want to cling to Thor 300 for the rest of your days ?

zopzop
I don't think so it's just going off of a showing over 30 plus years old doesn't really cut it anymore.

The Thanos Imperative showing also had them as equals. Why isn't it ? Do you want to cling to Thor 300 for the rest of your days ?

That showing was confirmed as recently as 2007 :
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9056/confirmation.th.jpg

quanchi112
That showing was confirmed as recently as 2007 :
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9056/confirmation.th.jpg Who said it was out of continuity ? I know I didn't. My point is Thanos Imperative portrays them as peers. Galactus reformed any damage incurred by Odin just like the Celestials did when they jumped him.

vince_slice
Actually TI heavily implied Galactus is above a Celestial since he was the last cosmic standing against the G-engine while all the other Celestials fled.

quanchi112
Actually TI heavily implied Galactus is above a Celestial since he was the last cosmic standing against the G-engine while all the other Celestials fled. That is a good point. Personally I shy away since most of the Galactus Engine fighting happened off panel.

I just never understood the notion one Celestial is too much for Galactus it doesn't make any sense.

vince_slice
That is a good point. Personally I shy away since most of the Galactus Engine fighting happened off panel.

I just never understood the notion one Celestial is too much for Galactus it doesn't make any sense.

I think an average Galactus should be equal to or maybe above a Celestial, but a Galactus who just consumed four planets (like in FF) should be more powerful than a single Celestial.

quanchi112
I think an average Galactus should be equal to or maybe above a Celestial, but a Galactus who just consumed four planets (like in FF) should be more powerful than a single Celestial. I agree save Scathan. That Celestial was serious bizness.

TheLordofMurder

WTF is going on?

Odin didnt really give Galactus a run for his money...I know you like Odin and thats your view of the fight, but the fact remains that Galactus beat Odin without lifting a hand against him.

As a result, I dont see how anyone could judge that Odin gave him hell or whatever; Odin exhausted himself and was helpless...Galactus, on the other hand, simply repaired the damage done to himself and was fine afterwards.

Odin had no prayer of winning that fight...

Nihilist
i got mine from axel and its different tbh they just tell fans what the want to hear

TheLordofMurder
Well Galactus did prep against the four Celestials via consuming four planets. He didn't prep that much against Odin, and only ate one planet. Even then Galactus didn't "struggle" with Odin, he didn't even throw a single attack at Odin. All he did was defend and let Odin wail on him till Odin knocked himself out.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder

Who-hooo!!!!!!!!!!

4 Celestials cant handle a determined Big-G it seems...

Get your respect Galan of Taa!!!!!! You deserve it...

smile

zopzop
Odin didnt really give Galactus a run for his money...I know you like Odin and thats your view of the fight, but the fact remains that Galactus beat Odin without lifting a hand against him.

As a result, I dont see how anyone could judge that Odin gave him hell or whatever; Odin exhausted himself and was helpless...Galactus, on the other hand, simply repaired the damage done to himself and was fine afterwards.

Odin had no prayer of winning that fight...

Galactus was so completely engaged in the fight with Odin that Thor ROCKED him an attack and Galactus couldn't defend himself. Surfer then engaged Thor and BFRed both of them to Mars.

If it was Odin and Thor vs Galactus, Galactus would have been dead.

zopzop
Who-hooo!!!!!!!!!!

4 Celestials cant handle a determined Big-G it seems...

Get your respect Galan of Taa!!!!!! You deserve it...

smile

Four ALTERNATE Reality Celestials. The same ones that one shotted two ALTERNATE reality IG users and ignored attacks from an ALTERNATE reality Starbrand.

So Galactus > Celestials > multiple IG users? confused

TheLordofMurder
Four ALTERNATE Reality Celestials. The same ones that one shotted two ALTERNATE reality IG users and ignored attacks from an ALTERNATE reality Starbrand.

So Galactus > Celestials > multiple IG users? confused

This is a different writer...

I am willing to bet money that he didnt consider those previous storylines when he wrote this one...

Besides, things are in a constant state of flux; character power levels and portrayals change over time...

This incident is no different...

All we can say with certainty at this point is that Galactus is being protrayed to stand above the Celestials; atleast any single Celestial that is...

TheLordofMurder
Galactus was so completely engaged in the fight with Odin that Thor ROCKED him an attack and Galactus couldn't defend himself. Surfer then engaged Thor and BFRed both of them to Mars.

If it was Odin and Thor vs Galactus, Galactus would have been dead.

Other than Odins psychic attack, Galactus didnt even try to defend himself from the Asgardians...

Yeah, Thor got a good, meaningless, lick in...Galactus simply repaired it and kept on truckin.

At the end of the day despite their efforts, Thor and Odin failed to do any significant harm to Galactus...

I think your opinion of Thor and Odin is too high if you think they could have killed the Big-G...

Sr J-Bieb
Galactus was so completely engaged in the fight with Odin that Thor ROCKED him an attack and Galactus couldn't defend himself. Surfer then engaged Thor and BFRed both of them to Mars. And then you realize that Thor was knocking around Celestials in Thor 300...

TheLordofMurder
I really LOVE the last scene in the above scan...

Galactus is blasting 1 Celestial away with eyebeams while pushing another Celestial down with his left hand...

Its early, but its going better than I thought it would for the Big-G...

If he means business, Galactus clearly stands above a lone Celestial; even two judging by the above scan...

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
And then you realize that Thor was knocking around Celestials in Thor 300...

He really wasn't though. The best he did was "knock" down Arishem and that's only because Arishem couldn't even be bothered because the "attack" was so beneath him (mentioned by the narrator). Then Thor hurled the Odinsword through Arishem and again this was allowed by Arishem so he could better analyze the alien nature of the Odinsword. The only other thing he did was chip a Celestial's armor. That's it.

In the Mighty Thor arc, he caused Galactus to cry out in pain as he appeared to fly right through his head.

Sr J-Bieb
I'm not ready to feel safe about the comic yet. Especially after one scan of the fight.

But I hope he does well

zopzop
Other than Odins psychic attack, Galactus didnt even try to defend himself from the Asgardians...

Yeah, Thor got a good, meaningless, lick in...Galactus simply repaired it and kept on truckin.

At the end of the day despite their efforts, Thor and Odin failed to do any significant harm to Galactus...

I think your opinion of Thor and Odin is too high if you think they could have killed the Big-G...

Surfer was distracting Thor. Otherwise it could have gotten real ugly for Galactus. A Godblast to the face as Odin kept Galactus busy would have ended badly for Galan.

zopzop
This is a different writer...

I am willing to bet money that he didnt consider those previous storylines when he wrote this one...

Besides, things are in a constant state of flux; character power levels and portrayals change over time...

This incident is no different...

All we can say with certainty at this point is that Galactus is being protrayed to stand above the Celestials; atleast any single Celestial that is...

But even assuming you're right. These aren't 616 Celestials. These are alternate reality Celestials.

TheLordofMurder
But even assuming you're right. These aren't 616 Celestials. These are alternate reality Celestials.

Isnt it concievable that this writer is making nothing distinguishing between them?

Just because they are alternate reality, doesnt automatically make them weaker than 616 Celestials...

Until we are shown something to indicate such, why shouldnt it be assumed that these are anything but the equal of the 616 ones?

Yeah, different writers have written alternate universe characters as stronger or weaker than their 616 versions, but that doesnt mean that this writer is doing the same...

zopzop
Isnt it concievable that this writer is making nothing distinguishing between them?

Just because they are alternate reality, doesnt automatically make them weaker than 616 Celestials...

Until we are shown something to indicate such, why shouldnt it be assumed that these are anything but the equal of the 616 ones?

Yeah, different writers have written alternate universe characters as stronger or weaker than their 616 versions, but that doesnt mean that this writer is doing the same...

That would be stupidity above and beyond what Marvel normally dishes out. You realize ONE of those Rogue Celestials ONE SHOTTED TWO Infinity Gauntlet wielders.

So Galactus > Four Celestials > TWO Infinity Gauntlet users? That make any sense? And the writer MUST have known this little fact since those Rogue Celestials are from the Council of Reeds arc where that crap took place.

Sr J-Bieb
He really wasn't though. The best he did was "knock" down Arishem and that's only because Arishem couldn't even be bothered because the "attack" was so beneath him (mentioned by the narrator). Then Thor hurled the Odinsword through Arishem and again this was allowed by Arishem so he could better analyze the alien nature of the Odinsword. The only other thing he did was chip a Celestial's armor. That's it.

In the Mighty Thor arc, he caused Galactus to cry out in pain as he appeared to fly right through his head. He chipped the Celestials face with a hammer swing. Dropped Arishem, and took multiple Celestial blasts.
And this was when they weren't distracted in a fight.

He didn't fly through his head. Thor almost knocked himself out stunning Galactus. Galactus was pretty much a wall in that arc... people just hurt themselves hitting him...

The main point in this though, was that Thor outperformed 3 Skyfathers. Which is your main qualm with Galactus even having a chance against one Celestial because of the Odin fight. Everything can be named pis from this occurence, but instead, you choose to accept the Odin fight, and run the potential of Galactus doing good through the mud.

The Skyfather vs Celestial thing can be PIS.
The Thor vs Celestials could be PIS.
The Odin vs Galactus could be PIS.
The Galactus vs Celestials could be PIS.

Why is it just Galactus vs Celestials that has to be PIS?

Is the first scan still PIS even if Galactus gets brutally mauled in the next scan?

zopzop
He chipped the Celestials face. Same as Galactus. Dropped Arishem, and took multiple Celestial blasts.
And this was when they weren't distracted in a fight.

He chipped a Celestial, where was it shown to be his face? Even if it was. He did more than "chip" Galactus and Galactus cried out in pain and tilted over. Unless you telling me that "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" he let out was because he orgasmed? The Celestial didn't even flinch or cry out.

He "dropped" Arishem because Arishem COULDN'T BE BOTHERED to defend against the "attack" because it was beneath him. I can provide the scan if you like?

And here is the scan :
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3039/arishem.th.jpg

Sr J-Bieb
He chipped a Celestial, where was it shown to be his face? Even if it was. He did more than "chip" Galactus and Galactus cried out in pain and tilted over. Unless you telling me that "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" he let out was because he orgasmed? The Celestial didn't even flinch or cry out.

He "dropped" Arishem because Arishem COULDN'T BE BOTHERED to defend against the "attack" because it was beneath him. I can provide the scan if you like? He hit it in the face. Celestials don't cry out.
And he full force rammed into Galactus. He merely swung at the Celestial

And that's any better than being in a mental battle and getting cheapshotted by a swearing Thor?

zopzop
He hit it in the face. Celestials don't cry out.
And he full force rammed into Galactus. He merely swung at the Celestial

And that's any better than being in a mental battle and getting cheapshotted by a swearing Thor?

Yup and he didn't do jack to the Celestial except chip it's armor, even the pieces he chipped off were small. Galactus cried out in pain and almost tipped over because he was so engrossed in his battle WITH A SINGLE SKYFATHER.

If Surfer wasn't around and it was Odin and Thor vs Galactus, Galactus would be dead now. Three Skyfathers were NOTHING before Arishem.

Sr J-Bieb
Yup and he didn't do jack to the Celestial except chip it's armor, even the pieces he chipped off were small. Galactus cried out in pain and almost tipped over because he was so engrossed in his battle WITH A SINGLE SKYFATHER.

If Surfer wasn't around and it was Odin and Thor vs Galactus, Galactus would be dead now. Three Skyfathers were NOTHING before Arishem. This post mainly goes into the part you ignored of my post... but I digress

Thor swung his hammer at him. Thor rammed into Galactus so hard he almost knocked himself out. Difference.
Plus, we see another Celestial cheapshot Thor right afterwards.

And Thor did better against the CelestialS than 3 Skyfathers did against 1 Celestial
If Odin wasn't around Thor would be dead by now. If Thor wasn't around, Odin would be dead by now. If Asgard wasn't around, Thor and Odin would be dead by now. If Galactus wasn't around, Surfer would be dead by now. If if if
If Surfer wasn't around, Thor would have fully KO'ed himself running into Galactus again because Fraction is a genius.

lilshogun
The Dreaming Celestial is among one of most powerful of the Celestials. It took the 4th host just to contain him the first time. It after all manipulated Galactus' mental/hunger state from afar while Galactus was unaware of it.

zopzop
This post mainly goes into the part you ignored of my post... but I digress

Thor swung his hammer at him. Thor rammed into Galactus so hard he almost knocked himself out. Difference.
Plus, we see another Celestial cheapshot Thor right afterwards.

And Thor did better against the CelestialS than 3 Skyfathers did against 1 Celestial
If Odin wasn't around Thor would be dead by now. If Thor wasn't around, Odin would be dead by now. If Asgard wasn't around, Thor and Odin would be dead by now. If Galactus wasn't around, Surfer would be dead by now. If if if
If Surfer wasn't around, Thor would have fully KO'ed himself running into Galactus again because Fraction is a genius.

Eye H8 EWE big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor rammed into Galactus so hard he almost knocked himself out.
Thor almost knocked himself out stunning Galactus.

Significantly disagree with this part.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer17.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer18.jpg

Thor was stunned momentarily at best imho. Even after Surfer rammed him with enough force to hurt himself, the Odinson was up and fighting instantly.

Tbf to the Celestials though, I'm not sure ramming an opponent is more powerful than a strike.

Sr J-Bieb
Eye H8 EWE big grin Seems I achieved what I set out to do.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Significantly disagree with this part.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer17.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/th_ThorvsSilverSurfer18.jpg

Thor was stunned momentarily at best imho. Even after Surfer rammed him with enough force to hurt himself, the Odinson was up and fighting instantly.

Tbf to the Celestials though, I'm not sure ramming an opponent is more powerful than a strike. I realize he was up afterwards, but he was floating around moaning. Almost knocked out is accurate.
And you can thank Fraction for making Asgardians essentially suicide bombers that just try and knock themselves out

Running full speed into something carries a lot more momentum. Especially when he has a charged attack going as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I realize he was up afterwards, but he was floating around moaning. Almost knocked out is accurate.
And you can thank Fraction for making Asgardians essentially suicide bombers that just try and knock themselves out

no expression

He grunted and then was immediately rammed by Surfer. Based on the speed of the characters, the entire sequence lasted like what, a handful of seconds? You're going to need more conclusive evidence to support a near knock out imho.

He shrugged off Surfer ramming him into a planet, what, do you think that rejuvenated him? A momentary stun is much more accurate from what I've seen.

Why isn't it ? Do you want to cling to Thor 300 for the rest of your days ?

Because they're alternate reality Celestials, they're more prone to fluctuating power levels than even 616 characters.

If someone runs a train on alternate Galactus' it isn't conclusive evidence that his above the 616 incarnation either.

I realize that the Celestials aren't as highly regarded as they were back then, the recent X-men arc and all this talkative I'm crazy/Angry/Obliterate/Destroy shit including Reed made that obvious enough, but I'm not going to throw out the issue's representation either despite my great dislike for it.

quanchi112
no expression

He grunted and then was immediately rammed by Surfer. Based on the speed of the characters, the entire sequence lasted like what, a second or two? You're going to need more conclusive evidence to support a near knock out imho.

I mean, he shrugged off Surfer ramming him into a planet, what, do you think that rejuvenated him? A momentary stun is much more accurate from what I've seen.

Because they're alternate reality Celestials, they're more prone to fluctuating power levels than even 616 characters.

If someone runs a train on alternate Galactus' it isn't conclusive evidence that his above the 616 incarnation either.

I realize that the Celestials aren't as highly regarded as they were back then, the recent X-men arc and all this talkative I'm crazy/Angry/Obliterate/Destroy shit including Reed made that obvious enough, but I'm not going to throw out the issue's representation either despite my great dislike for it. Thanos Imperative. That shows Galactus is a peer to the 616 Celestials. You can ignore everything from here on out while holding your Thor 300 comic up pumping your fists it doesn't matter. Times have changed.

Sr J-Bieb
no expression

He grunted and then was immediately rammed by Surfer. Based on the speed of the characters, the entire sequence lasted like what, a handful of seconds tops? You're going to need more conclusive evidence to support a near knock out imho.
You said yourself he might have been stunned momentarily.

How far away do you think stunned is from almost getting knocked out?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos Imperative. That shows Galactus is a peer to the 616 Celestials. You can ignore everything from here on out while holding your Thor 300 comic up pumping your fists it doesn't matter. Times have changed.

You seem to think I have a problem with Galactus being a peer to the Celestials, while it's true comic history is strongly against that, I don't really care if their standing goes down.

What I do have a problem with is you using this showing to claim his above every Celestial except Scathan. That comment is just straight up stupid if you have any experience with comics.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You said yourself he might have been stunned momentarily.

How far away do you think stunned is from almost getting knocked out?

I think he was stunned momentarily (Like less than a second passed if Surfer was pissed).

A decently sized gap. Changes depending on the character/situation/writer like most other things though of course.

Sr J-Bieb
I think he was stunned momentarily (Like less than a second passed if Surfer was pissed).

A decently sized gap. Changes depending on the character/situation/writer like most other things though of course. The argument could be made that the ram from Surfer brought him back to his senses... shifty

Either way, Thor negatively effected himself by running into Galactus. That type of shit never happens.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The argument could be made that the ram from Surfer brought him back to his senses... shifty

Either way, Thor negatively effected himself by running into Galactus. That type of shit never happens.

You have even less respect for Surfer than I do. A high speed ram into a planet that hurt him, refreshed Thor.

And tbf to Thor, there was an explosion of what seems to be Galactus' energy when he struck his head.

Stoic
The confrontation happens tomorrow right 02/22/2012?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
The confrontation happens tomorrow right 02/22/2012? @8 pm. on Fox network.

Sr J-Bieb
You have even less respect for Surfer than I do. A high speed ram into a planet that hurt him, refreshed Thor.

And tbf to Thor, there was an explosion of what seems to be Galactus' energy when he struck his head. It happens all the time in the real life world of reality. Someone gets dropped, hits the ground, and wakes up. Not saying it had to happen here, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Thor was floating around for two panels, gets rammed by Surfer and feels fine. He obviously regained his senses at one point in time.
He recovered quickly either way.

Sounds like you want to be fair to everybody BUT Galactus.
tbf to Thor, tbf to Celestials... what about the guy that got cheapshotted while he was having a mental duel?

Galactus gets cheapshotted, and tbf to Thor it might have been a backlash of energy after Galactus was cheapshotted by Thor that stunned Thor who cheapshotted Galactus.

Slaanesh
those were alternate reality no name Celestials..we can't compare them with Tiamut or Exitar..Galactus can probably win against them..

Rage.Of.Olympus
It happens all the time in the real life world of reality. Someone gets dropped, hits the ground, and wakes up. Not saying it had to happen here, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
Thor was floating around for two panels, gets rammed by Surfer and feels fine. He obviously regained his senses at one point in time.
He recovered quickly either way.

Sounds like you want to be fair to everybody BUT Galactus.
tbf to Thor, tbf to Celestials... what about the guy that got cheapshotted while he was having a mental duel?

Not impossible but I personally find it unlikely based on the character who hit him and his reaction.

Thor broke out of Galactus in one panel, and Surfer was inches away from him in the second. The entire sequence of events would be so brief based on the speed of the characters that I think calling it almost a knock out is very suspect.

Great job Galactus? I guess he conclusively proves that he has impressive durability to be able to survive a ramming from Thor to the head.

psycho gundam
ninja law dictates that the celestials will weaken for every member present.

rotiart
You know I've wondered about how much pain a celestial may or may not feel...

Wasn't there an issue where it showed a person in the foot of the celestial actually controlling it? If that's the case these things are oversized power rangers and that explains why there was no scream of pain. :-/

Sr J-Bieb
Not impossible but I personally find it unlikely based on the character who hit him and his reaction.

Thor broke out of Galactus in one panel, and Surfer was inches away from him in the second. The entire sequence of events would be so brief based on the speed of the characters that I think calling it almost a knock out is very suspect to me.

Great job Galactus? I guess he conclusively proves that he has impressive durability to be able to survive a ramming from Thor to the head. I'm trying to pave the way for Quanchi's newest argument.

3-10 seconds, it doesn't matter. Unless it's nanoseconds I can't see it being nothing. Lots of people have been almost knocked out and recovered in seconds. The guy damaged himself worse than he did when he was attacked directly by the Celestials, either way, so there's that.

Seems forced.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm trying to pave the way for Quanchi's newest argument.

3-10 seconds, it doesn't matter. Unless it's nanoseconds I can't see it being nothing. Lots of people have been almost knocked out and recovered in seconds. The guy damaged himself worse than he did when he was attacked directly by the Celestials, either way, so there's that.

Seems forced.

That explains why it seems a bit....unbalanced. It just seems like you're trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Calling it an almost knock out? Seems silly to me without more evidence based on what I've read in comics. Especially based on the follow up which showed Thor was perfectly fine.

Like I said, in the first panel we see Thor break out of Galactus and he grunted meaning he felt something to an extent (Guessing the large explosion of energy) and in the next, Surfer is in spitting distance of him. Based on the sequence of events, I'm guessing Thor struck Galactus and before he righted himself, Surfer rammed into him.

But tbf to the Celestials, he collided with Galactus, he didn't strike him.

I gave him the credit his due. Will nothing satisfy you?

Sr J-Bieb
That explains why it seems a bit....unbalanced. It just seems like you're trying to make a pretty big deal out of nothing. Calling it an almost knock out? Just silly without more evidence based on what I've seen in comics.

Like I said, in the first panel we see Thor break out of Galactus and he grunted meaning he felt something to an extent (Guessing the large explosion of energy) and in the next, Surfer is in spitting distance of him. Based on the sequence of events, I'm guessing Thor struck Galactus and before he righted himself, Surfer rammed into him.

But tbf to the Celestials, he flew collided with Galactus, he didn't just strike him.

I gave him the credit his due. I wasn't trying to make anything out of it besides it being a significantly harder hit than the Celestials. You having a problem with it is escalading it.
You picked a tiny part of my post out and ran with it because it had to do with Thor's durability... in a Galactus vs Celestials thread...

It doesn't take two panels to right yourself when you're in space if you're not rocked.
Actually 3 since the Surfer yelling would fall under the timeframe.

Right, which was my point before you intervened. He hit Galactus harder.

No.

zopzop
Seems I achieved what I set out to do.

I was just kidding.down

zopzop
@8 pm. on Fox network.

LOL laughing

Sr J-Bieb
I was just kidding.down Then I have failed

harakiri

Stoic
@8 pm. on Fox network.

I gave the date because on longevity purposes, and I didn't know for sure if it was this week or next.

Doon
Originally posted by Slaanesh
those were alternate reality no name Celestials..we can't compare them with Tiamut or Exitar..Galactus can probably win against them..

I agree that they likely aren't on the same level as Tiamut or Exitar. That said, they're still CELESTIALS! It makes no difference to me that they originate from an alternate timeline. To be honest, I can't think of a reason why a Celestial from an alternate timeline would vary in power. Bottom line is this: Galactus will have his hands full!

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Doon
I agree that they likely aren't on the same level as Tiamut or Exitar. That said, they're still CELESTIALS! It makes no difference to me that they originate from an alternate timeline. To be honest, I can't think of a reason why a Celestial from an alternate timeline would vary in power. Bottom line is this: Galactus will have his hands full!

yup..even if they are from alternate reality..they are still Celestials..by default that should make them incredibly powerful..just not as powerful as 616 Celestial that actually have name..even 616 Celestials varies in term of power..

guy222
aforementioned the one from s.h.i.e.l.d is very very powerful

guy222
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959215_ff-08.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959217_ff-09.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959220_ff-10.jpg

TheLordofMurder
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959215_ff-08.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959217_ff-09.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959220_ff-10.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

sad

quanchi112

sad This isn't even a bad showing. I need to see the entire issue but so far it goes along with my theory that Galactus is definitely more formidable than any standard Celestial but their numbers give them a huge advantage. They needed to combine to gain the edge. Great showing for Galactus with what I do know with 3 scans that is.

Nihilist

sad huh? thats a good showing for Galactus, all the Celestials needing to combine to take him down and the fact they couldnt destoy him.

TheLordofMurder
This isn't even a bad showing. I need to see the entire issue but so far it goes along with my theory that Galactus is definitely more formidable than any standard Celestial but their numbers give them a huge advantage. They needed to combine to gain the edge. Great showing for Galactus with what I do know with 3 scans that is.

True...

The Big-G was more than holding his own, it seems, against the 4 of them individually...

This is depressing for me nonetheless...

Galactus needs to regroup, summon the Ultimate Nullifier to his hand, and own those overpowered basterds into utter oblivion...

quanchi112
True...

The Big-G was more than holding his own, it seems, against the 4 of them individually...

This is depressing for me nonetheless...

Galactus needs to regroup, summon the Ultimate Nullifier to his hand, and own those overpowered basterds into utter oblivion... Ah, I don't know the un will never be like Thor's hammer is to Thor. In a forum it's a great idea but in comics it just makes things way to easy. Readers want to see drama not some giant badass pressing a button to dismiss his enemies. The un showings need to be used sparingly like Thor's godblast.

If not it loses it's epicness.

TheLordofMurder
huh? thats a good showing for Galactus, all the Celestials needing to combine to take him down and the fact they couldnt destoy him.

It just pains me to see the Big-G struck down like that...

I dont like the Celestials...never did...they are overpowered given what their role in the universe appears to be.

Lets pray that Galactus regroups and gives them a massive beatdown...

Maybe Galactus and Franklin can merge and show those punks what true power is!

smile

TheLordofMurder
Ah, I don't know the un will never be like Thor's hammer is to Thor. In a forum it's a great idea but in comics it just makes things way to easy. Readers want to see drama not some giant badass pressing a button to dismiss his enemies. The un showings need to be used sparingly like Thor's godblast.

If not it loses it's epicness.

Yeah...you are right...still...screw the Celestials and the black pit that spawned them!

Newjak
laughing out loud Maybe the 616 Celestials will come in and save Galactus stick out tongue

j/k

vince_slice
Not a bad showing at all, he defends himself against 4 individual Celestials and even manages to kill one of them before they combine.

http://i39.tinypic.com/34ee06d.jpg

There's a surprise at the end of the issue though.

Galan007
This issue solidified that Galactus is FAR more powerful than a single Celestial... But when several Celestials merge into 'Mecha-form' (which is laughably ridiculous imo) they/it becomes FAR more powerful than Galactus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
This issue solidified that Galactus is FAR more powerful than a single Celestial... But when several Celestials merge into 'Mecha-form' (which is laughably ridiculous imo) they/it becomes FAR more powerful than Galactus. Looks like I am right once again.

Newjak
This issue solidified that Galactus is FAR more powerful than a single Celestial... But when several Celestials merge into 'Mecha-form' (which is laughably ridiculous imo) they/it becomes FAR more powerful than Galactus. Don't mock 'Celestial Devastator'

Slaanesh
everyone knows that Galactus is more powerful than random Celestials..but all Celestials varies in term of power..they are some who are ridiculously powerful like Scathan to lame ass one like then one that just died..

dmills
The Celestials merged like Voltron lol.

Power Cosmic II
It was an interesting issue. And I agree with others and think it's a great showing by Galactus. The plummeting to earth was a bit repetitive with Mighty Thor, but then again there's no comparison between Odin headbutting Galactus and 3 Celestials reconstituting themselves into a gestalt/combiner and blasting Big G full on.

Anyway, we now have a decent barometer of where these insane Celestials stand in terms of power:

-Individually, they are over-matched by a prepped Galactus who's fed on 4 planets

-Combined, they can 1 shot said Galactus

-Combined, they can tank a blast from Sol's Anvil, a huge weapon that the Council of Reeds was working on. So to repeat, they tanked a weapon that a bunch of Reeds designed (though it did destroy the combined frame so there were back to 3)

-Amped Johnny can severely damage their exterior shell, but just like the battle with the asgardian destroyer, the Celestial regenerated its arm and 1-shot Johnny.

-Looks like a combination of a future/current franklin richards will be the ones to end them.

Pretty powerful.

Sr J-Bieb

sad

Good issue though. Wish there was more to the battle...

Looks like Sue's hyperspace kryptonite is still in effect, and the Celestials managed to take out child Franky...

Also, maybe that's how Exitar was formed?

Mindset
Why didn't Galactus absorb his ship instead of just 4 planets, bran!?

Power Cosmic II
Good issue though. Wish there was more to the battle...

Looks like Sue's hyperspace kryptonite is still in effect, and the Celestials managed to take out child Franky...

Also, maybe that's how Exitar was formed?

child franky didn't want to lift a finger though. he probably could have put them down if he wanted to.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Why didn't Galactus absorb his ship instead of just 4 planets, bran!? Because Galactus didn't want to, brah!!

psycho gundam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
ninja law dictates that the celestials will weaken for every member present. Originally posted by guy222
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959215_ff-08.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959217_ff-09.jpg http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/10959220_ff-10.jpg they addressed the affects of ninja law on-panel, imo

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Mindset
Why didn't Galactus absorb his ship instead of just 4 planets, bran!? Too much work for mere Celestials

child franky didn't want to lift a finger though. he probably could have put them down if he wanted to. I don't know about that... we'll see though.

Magnon
As far as I know, the 616 celestials have never merged together. On the other hand, some of them are known to express multiple bodies at the same time.

If these alternate reality celestials are anything like their 616 counterparts, it is thus possible that the four "celestials" seen fighting Galactus were actually a single crazy/schizophrenic celestial which had just split into parts. The celestial then simply assumed its original complete form in order to stomp Galactus.

Juntai
they addressed the affects of ninja law on-panel, imo lol.

Power Cosmic II

If these alternate reality celestials are anything like their 616 counterparts, it is thus possible that the four "celestials" seen fighting Galactus were actually a single crazy/schizophrenic celestial which had just split into parts. The celestial then simply assumed its original complete form in order to stomp Galactus.

That's reading too far into it. There was a large group of Celestials that breached the headquarters of the Council of Reeds some 20-25 issues ago. These 4 are the ones that survived various battles and what not. The reason why they're called "insane" is because the council of reeds was ****ing around with various dimensions and universes so much that these celestials got together and decided to eliminate the council at all costs and to put human beings in their place.

In a cosmic context, they were the first to actually be aggressive against the Council to try and put an end to all their manipulations. It took some 20 issues for the rest of the MU to get with the program and figure that out for themselves.

Nihilist
Also there go's the myth that Celestials cant die.

Power Cosmic II
Also there go's the myth that Celestials cant die.

yeah. even before Galactus killed one in today's issue, a celestial already died off panel in GotG.

Nihilist
yeah. even before Galactus killed one in today's issue, a celestial already died off panel in GotG. I remember posters making excuses about that.

Power Cosmic II
I remember posters making excuses about that.

just to be clear so people don't jump in and get the wrong idea.

i'm not referring to TI...i'm referring to the floating severed Celestial head which was confirmed on panel to be brain dead. same head that the GotG and luminals etc. were living in.

Galan007
yeah. even before Galactus killed one in today's issue, a celestial already died off panel in GotG. Was it ever explained *how* that Celestial died?

Power Cosmic II
Was it ever explained *how* that Celestial died?

it was to be the main subject of a future arc, but the series was cancelled before they could do it.

I did ask the writers at NYCC 2011 if the celestial was unquestionably dead, they confirmed yes...not only did they confirm that but they said they absolutely have a clear and distinct story surrounding the entity that was able to do that to the celestial, but are holding on to it in case the series resumes. So there's no "post publication" reveal like there was with the Last Galactus Story.

Galan007
Interesting.

Thanks.

JakeTheBank
The Celestial Fusion Dance was a bit silly, imo, but it was a cool fight nevertheless, even if it just boiled down to giant energy blasts and the like.

Power Cosmic II
The Celestial Fusion Dance was a bit silly, imo, but it was a cool fight nevertheless, even if it just boiled down to giant energy blasts and the like.

I give this Celestial/Galactus battle a clear nod over the Odin/Galactus battle. No one knew that the Celestials would merge to take out Galactus just like no one anticipated that Odin would bum rush headbutt Galactus, but the difference is the former was totally unanticipated while the latter was just stupid.

Power Cosmic II
Interesting.

Thanks.

cool

JakeTheBank
I give this Celestial/Galactus battle a clear nod over the Odin/Galactus battle.

Yeah, definitely.

Odin/Galactus, in spite of the power gap (which may vary depending on your milage and which showings you look at), could have been visually a way cooler fight. Fraction goes on to say "this will be a true battle of god like beings" and even has Sif ask Thor how do omnipotent beings fight one another. And all we get is a telepathic showdown and the infamous Odin Headbutt.

dmills
it was to be the main subject of a future arc, but the series was cancelled before they could do it.

I did ask the writers at NYCC 2011 if the celestial was unquestionably dead, they confirmed yes...not only did they confirm that but they said they absolutely have a clear and distinct story surrounding the entity that was able to do that to the celestial, but are holding on to it in case the series resumes. So there's no "post publication" reveal like there was with the Last Galactus Story.

I find it interesting that they said it was unquestionably dead when it displayed sentience on some level in gotg. Oh well.

Power Cosmic II
I find it interesting that they said it was unquestionably dead when it displayed sentience on some level in gotg. Oh well.

residual brain activity. i don't remember clear sentience?

Nihilist

I did ask the writers at NYCC 2011 if the celestial was unquestionably dead, they confirmed yes...not only did they confirm that but they said they absolutely have a clear and distinct story surrounding the entity that was able to do that to the celestial, but are holding on to it in case the series resumes. So there's no "post publication" reveal like there was with the Last Galactus Story. Thats why i hate Marvel for cancelling the series when they have a load of crap ongoings

quanchi112
Yeah, definitely.

Odin/Galactus, in spite of the power gap (which may vary depending on your milage and which showings you look at), could have been visually a way cooler fight. Fraction goes on to say "this will be a true battle of god like beings" and even has Sif ask Thor how do omnipotent beings fight one another. And all we get is a telepathic showdown and the infamous Odin Headbutt. The headbutt is infamous though still but in a horrific way. I just don't get how these writers usually struggle with putting together an exceptional fight.

dmills
residual brain activity. i don't remember clear sentience?

You're prolly right. I'll double check it.

Thats why i hate Marvel for cancelling the series when they have a load of crap ongoings

Word.

psycho gundam
here come the "odin can beat a celestial" arguments/threads, even though arishem pwnt him and his colleagues when most say odin was written way more powerful than he is currently, and he had a lot of back-up and weaponry.

Sr J-Bieb
here come the "odin can beat a celestial" arguments/threads, even though arishem pwnt him and his colleagues when most say odin was written way more powerful than he is currently, and he had a lot of back-up and weaponry. Going to be the "PIS" arguments IMO.

JakeTheBank
The headbutt is infamous though still but in a horrific way. I just don't get how these writers usually struggle with putting together an exceptional fight.

I figure it's just as much the artist's responsibility, too, but c'mon.

I'm not asking for overzealous space cheese feats or anything, but he's going on about how challenging and rewarding it is to write two godlike beings throw down in a way that is beyond the ken of other, albeit lesser, gods, and he comes up with a headbutt.

Hell, he should have had Odin just give Galactus the Stone Cold Stunner or something.

JakeTheBank
here come the "odin can beat a celestial" arguments/threads, even though arishem pwnt him and his colleagues when most say odin was written way more powerful than he is currently, and he had a lot of back-up and weaponry.

I would never argue that. Can't speak for some of the other "Thorbags", though.

Slightly off topic question, though: Are the Celestials that showed in Uncanny X-Men the very same as the those in F4, or are they the "real"/616 Celestials?

It seems that lately the Celestials are being portrayed as being damaged somewhat easier, but they still repair nigh instantly, so it's all moot.

TheLordofMurder
Well, atleast the BIg-G owned one of them...

Still, he needs to get revenge on these overpowered freaks...

zopzop
Idiotic issue, as I knew it would be.

So according to Marvel :

Galactus > one ALT reality Celestial > two ALT reality INFINITY GAUNTLET users

How do they compare power wise to 616 reality Celestials is still open to debate. We know for sure that the ALT reality IGs DO NOT compare in power to the 616 version.

OneDumbG0
^ What was idiotic about it? Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I would never argue that. Can't speak for some of the other "Thorbags", though.

Slightly off topic question, though: Are the Celestials that showed in Uncanny X-Men the very same as the those in F4, or are they the "real"/616 Celestials?

It seems that lately the Celestials are being portrayed as being damaged somewhat easier, but they still repair nigh instantly, so it's all moot. The ones in Uncanny X-Men were the 616 Celestials.

quanchi112

So according to Marvel :

How do they compare power wise to 616 reality Celestials is still open to debate. We know for sure that the ALT reality IGs DO NOT compare in power to the 616 version. I was right like I usually am don't let it bring you down.

zopzop
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ What was idiotic about it?

So according to Marvel :

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>