Books vs Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I know this must have been discussed, but do you like the movies or the books better?

Dexx
both

Darth Vicious
I tried reading the books before LOTR:FOTR came out but only got half way thru it, could never find the time to finish it since each chapter is too long so i opted for the movies but from what i read the book has more info than the movies.

Dexx
ofcourse..but there are some looooooooooong booooooooring parts.....got over them though

TrixStar
Books, but the movies are great.

Member.
both

Julie
I'm still reading the Two Towers and I started it almost a month ago.....that's very long for me

Ash Nazg
It has been....a little bit further down the thread lists!

Member.
lol julie, READ!!!!!!

A.D. Skinner
Pushing thread back onto 1st page...

Let's discuss !

shadowy_blue
LOL...A.D..big grin OK...big grin I believe I've posted this already but..I will say it again. smile

In my opinion, you can't really compare them because they're two entirely different media. However, I believe there is a sense of superiority and inferiority. The movies, amazing as they are, are only a condensed, simplified version of the full story. The book is filled with so much detail and an incredible sense of "vistas unseen" (to paraphrase Tolkien himself). It includes so much more of the story, and gives much more depth and richness to the tale. In my opinion, the book will always be superior to the movies. Always. smile

smithers3000
Movies are better then reading books

Kitoky
Definately books because they're so involved...the books are Tolkien. And without the books, there would be no movie......

A.D. Skinner
Everyone has their own opinion...and I respect you for yours.

I myself love the books more than the movies. Although....the movies are very enjoyable...very well casted and I think PJ did a great job on them.

Tolkien was a master...and I love reading his books !

Isilcal
I said both because I couldnt decidebig grin

Exa
I prefer the books, by far. Movies were great, but movies simply cant compare to books... especially not when they're written by Tolkien.

What I dont like about films is that you get everything directly put before your nose and cant use your own imagination too much. You have to eat what the filmmakers prepared, and however great it beeth its still not as good as books.
The only thing missing in books for me is the music...

shaber
I liked the BBC radio production cool The movies are more with it than simple written word don't you think, even though they do miss out a lot.

Discos
lol, this reminds me of a comedian I once went to see....

"you know whatseven worse, when you went to see a film and your friends read the book, and they're always like "oh no but the books better"....well you know what I like about the movie...I didnt have to READ...and it only took 2hrs.."

Discos - likes the books & Movies the same, the movies gave me a more "glimpse" at the surroundings of Tolkiens work

sauron
to me and all my colse minions of destruction here on kmc (yall know who you are love luv you guys) the books are the greatest by far....although we love the films too, thats why we are here stick out tongue its how i found it!

but for the population of the dreaded movie buffs the films are better/....because it appeals to so many people.....everyone in fact....they can love lord of the rings as much as us, all from a three hour film big grin.....which i think is great

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.