Titans (Immortals) vs. Balrog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
The Titans are set loose from their prison and run right into the Balrog. Can the Titans slay the middle earth behemoth ?

rourke82
I'm don't think so.

Balrog win this battle.

quanchi112
Originally posted by rourke82
I'm don't think so.

Balrog win this battle. I personally see the Titans as bringing down any Balrog. They'd overwhelm him he's so slow compared to the gods they were bringing down.

rourke82
Originally posted by quanchi112
I personally see the Titans as bringing down any Balrog. They'd overwhelm him he's so slow compared to the gods they were bringing down.

Both of them are from another universe, if well I am remembering, Balrog cannot be down without no magic attacks.

quanchi112
Both of them are from another universe, if well I am remembering, Balrog cannot be down without no magic attacks. Based on what ? The characters in the fellowship weren't as numerous nor as powerful as the Titans who were overwhelming the gods.

rourke82
Based on what ? The characters in the fellowship weren't as numerous nor as powerful as the Titans who were overwhelming the gods.
Gandalf (is not be a human but a Majar)
Balrog were both Maiar, they were beings of the same order. As they faced each other, Gandalf said, "You cannot pass!", and broke the Bridge beneath the Balrog. As it fell, the Balrog wrapped its whip about Gandalf's knees, dragging him to the brink. As the Fellowship looked on in horror, Gandalf cried "Fly, you fools!" and fell.

After the long fall, the two landed in a subterranean lake, which extinguished the flames of the Balrog's body; however it remained "a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake". They fought in the water, with the Balrog clutching at Gandalf to strangle him, and Gandalf hewing the Balrog with his sword, until finally the Balrog fled into ancient tunnels of unknown origin. Gandalf pursued the creature for eight days, until they climbed to the peak of Zirakzigil, where the Balrog was forced to turn and fight once again, its body erupting into new flame. Here they fought for two days and nights. In the end, the Balrog was defeated and cast down, breaking the mountainside where it fell "in ruin". Gandalf himself died following this ordeal, but he was later sent back to Middle-earth with even greater powers, as Gandalf the White, "until his task was finished". Tolkien does not reveal the ultimate fate of the Balrog.

Balrogs are fictional demonic beings who appear in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium. Such creatures first appeared in print in his novel The Lord of the Rings, though they figured in earlier writings that posthumously appeared in The Silmarillion and other books.

Balrogs are described as tall and menacing with the ability to shroud themselves in fire, darkness, and shadow. They frequently appeared armed with fiery whips "of many thongs", and occasionally used long swords. In Tolkien's later conception, they could not be casually destroyed; significant power was required. Only dragons rivalled their capacity for ferocity and destruction, and during the First Age of Middle-earth, they were among the most feared of Morgoth's forces.

Based on this.

Placidity
I have not seen Immortals, but I will say this regarding the Balrog/LOTR:

The thing about LOTR is most people already have preconceived notions based on the novels and it affects their views in MVF whether they like to admit it or not. This is obvious when people describe feats in a manner that seems far exaggerated to people who have not read the books.

Based on just the movies though, the magic in LOTR does not deserve the hype it receives. This is coming from someone who has not read the books, and I don't believe I have any particular bias against LOTR either.

rourke82
Originally posted by Placidity
I have not seen Immortals, but I will say this regarding the Balrog/LOTR:

The thing about LOTR is most people already have preconceived notions based on the novels and it affects their views in MVF whether they like to admit it or not. This is obvious when people describe feats in a manner that seems far exaggerated to people who have not read the books.

Based on just the movies though, the magic in LOTR does not deserve the hype it receives. This is coming from someone who has not read the books, and I don't believe I have any particular bias against LOTR either.
Ok, so in my opinion Balrog should win,this is my opinion and everyone can only have it own.

rourke82
Ok, so in my opinion Balrog should win,this is my opinion and everyone can only have it own.

And apart from that gods from the Greek mythology are weak since need people for the help in the fight, so there is my opinion and I think that gods from LOTR smash them to dust in one second.

quanchi112
Gandalf (is not be a human but a Majar)
Balrog were both Maiar, they were beings of the same order. As they faced each other, Gandalf said, "You cannot pass!", and broke the Bridge beneath the Balrog. As it fell, the Balrog wrapped its whip about Gandalf's knees, dragging him to the brink. As the Fellowship looked on in horror, Gandalf cried "Fly, you fools!" and fell.

After the long fall, the two landed in a subterranean lake, which extinguished the flames of the Balrog's body; however it remained "a thing of slime, stronger than a strangling snake". They fought in the water, with the Balrog clutching at Gandalf to strangle him, and Gandalf hewing the Balrog with his sword, until finally the Balrog fled into ancient tunnels of unknown origin. Gandalf pursued the creature for eight days, until they climbed to the peak of Zirakzigil, where the Balrog was forced to turn and fight once again, its body erupting into new flame. Here they fought for two days and nights. In the end, the Balrog was defeated and cast down, breaking the mountainside where it fell "in ruin". Gandalf himself died following this ordeal, but he was later sent back to Middle-earth with even greater powers, as Gandalf the White, "until his task was finished". Tolkien does not reveal the ultimate fate of the Balrog.

Balrogs are fictional demonic beings who appear in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium. Such creatures first appeared in print in his novel The Lord of the Rings, though they figured in earlier writings that posthumously appeared in The Silmarillion and other books.

Balrogs are described as tall and menacing with the ability to shroud themselves in fire, darkness, and shadow. They frequently appeared armed with fiery whips "of many thongs", and occasionally used long swords. In Tolkien's later conception, they could not be casually destroyed; significant power was required. Only dragons rivalled their capacity for ferocity and destruction, and during the First Age of Middle-earth, they were among the most feared of Morgoth's forces.

Based on this. This is movie based only you can't argue based off of the hyperbole found in the books. Force can hurt the Balrog and the Titans are quick enough and powerful enough to overwhelm the greek gods who made humans look entirely irrelevant. Gandalf for the most part didn't make any orcs or such look even half as lame as the gods did to the humans when they intervened.

rourke82
This is movie based only you can't argue based off of the hyperbole found in the books. Force can hurt the Balrog and the Titans are quick enough and powerful enough to overwhelm the greek gods who made humans look entirely irrelevant. Gandalf for the most part didn't make any orcs or such look even half as lame as the gods did to the humans when they intervened. okwink

quanchi112
okwink So you agree the Titans win ?

the ninjak
Balrog wins. What are the Titans gonna do? Run around it and cut it with their blades?

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
Balrog wins. What are the Titans gonna do? Run around it and cut it with their blades?

This

the ninjak
Originally posted by Robtard
This

The Balrog kills that whole freakin movie.

Robtard
The Balrog kills that whole freakin movie.

this

quanchi112
The Balrog kills that whole freakin movie. laughing out loud Please be serious.Originally posted by Robtard
this The Titans would overwhelm the Balrog.

Pwned
Ahem
"Your swords are useless here"

Anybody remember that? Numbers don't matter when your fighting a 25 foot tall (it seemed that tall to me) flaming demon.

The quote itself is paraphrased, I cant remember the exact wording, but it applies nonetheless. I saw Gandalf's sword barely do anything. It was a lightning bolt that brought it down in the movie. The Titans cant do that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Pwned
Ahem
"Your swords are useless here"

Anybody remember that? Numbers don't matter when your fighting a 25 foot tall (it seemed that tall to me) flaming demon.

The quote itself is paraphrased, I cant remember the exact wording, but it applies nonetheless. I saw Gandalf's sword barely do anything. It was a lightning bolt that brought it down in the movie. The Titans cant do that. Yes, there was a handful of foes who cannot move anywhere near to the speed of the Titans. The Titans were overwhelming gods who showed the speed to easily dominate like 8 guys in the span of a few seconds without the time to even react to him.

To act like the Titans weapons wouldn't weather the Balrog is just wishful thinking. Gandalf looked like a peasant in combat against orcs, etc. compared to the gods.

Titans would be all over the Balrog.

the ninjak
Gandalf's feats are random being that he's a mage of Old Magic.

His feats are comparable to the environment and situation around him. When Gandalf appeared before the Fellowship he made their weapons unuseable and overwhelmed them. Yet when he fought those Orks it was close to being the end of the humans, therefore his faith/magic was weakening.
The magic Gandalf commands isn't a bunch of spells he spams. Lightning bolt, fireball, teleport ect. He asks and he receives what the powers that be give him.
The fight was so devastating that that Gandalf obtained the next level of enlightenment. The Titans are a bunch of high powered animals. They don't have the tools to put it down.

The Titans have swords and may be fast but what are they exactly going to do the Balrog?

quanchi112
Gandalf's feats are random being that he's a mage of Old Magic.

His feats are comparable to the environment and situation around him. When Gandalf appeared before the Fellowship he made their weapons unuseable and overwhelmed them. Yet when he fought those Orks it was close to being the end of the humans, therefore his faith/magic was weakening.
The magic Gandalf commands isn't a bunch of spells he spams. Lightning bolt, fireball, teleport ect. He asks and he receives what the powers that be give him.
The fight was so devastating that that Gandalf obtained the next level of enlightenment. The Titans are a bunch of high powered animals. They don't have the tools to put it down.

The Titans have swords and may be fast but what are they exactly going to do the Balrog? The Titans weapons will hurt and eventually take down the balrog. They move at far faster speeds than gandalf was fighting at when taking on the Balrog. Gandalf also had his staff easily broken and as the Grey was easily bested by Saruman.

The Titans would slaughter gandalf or the balrog. Lucky for the Balrog he's much more durable but seeing as how quick and how powerful the Titans were the Balrog quickly loses limbs or his head.

the ninjak
You realise once speedsters jump they lose their momentum and speed.

Imagine taking on 30+ humanoids roughly 1/6 your size. You are a a living inferno with massive durability, a passive burning effect that would severly burn any that got close and a burning whip that can blast these things in such small confines.

The Titans can't just run around his heels and swipe due to the Balrog whiping his whip around the ground. If they jump they get smashed.

Robtard
The Titans would overwhelm the Balrog.

Another chase were you've gone balls deep over a film and you fanboy argument.

NemeBro
Jesus Christ, the gods and Titans in this movie sound pathetically weak.

"THEY TOOK DOWN EIGHT GUYS IN A FEW SECONDS"!

That samurai loser who Rogue Jedi was arguing against Afro Samurai is more impressive than that, if that's all they got.

Gandalf is strong enough to make the Balrog lurch back from his blows, and durable enough to survive a multi-kilometer drop, and has a magic sword regardless.

Everyone else in Lord of the Rings was a non-factor against it.

So what can these Titans actually do?

the ninjak
Originally posted by NemeBro
So what can these Titans actually do?

They run. And they slash with their daggers. They are natural speedsters and have savage instinctual skills, and that's it. Their confinement has seemed to make them beastial in nature therefore lacking real tactical skills.

They also seem to be the Greek God's Kryptonite. Which to me makes them even weaker in this fight. But that's another argument.

quanchi112
You realise once speedsters jump they lose their momentum and speed.

Imagine taking on 30+ humanoids roughly 1/6 your size. You are a a living inferno with massive durability, a passive burning effect that would severly burn any that got close and a burning whip that can blast these things in such small confines.

The Titans can't just run around his heels and swipe due to the Balrog whiping his whip around the ground. If they jump they get smashed. I saw the Balrog on film and while he was impressive gandalf himself took him on and was beaten senseless by Saruman with tk here and there. This comes down to matchups. The Titans are too fast and if they jump they are still landing solid blows which will cause damage to the balrog. How much damage is entirely subjective but to act as if he easily tanks each attack from these quick/powerful characters is wishful thinking.

Another chase were you've gone balls deep over a film and you fanboy argument. What's fanboyish about my argument ? It seems most here are fanboyish about the Balrog and give him/it far too much credit.Originally posted by NemeBro
Jesus Christ, the gods and Titans in this movie sound pathetically weak.

"THEY TOOK DOWN EIGHT GUYS IN A FEW SECONDS"!

That samurai loser who Rogue Jedi was arguing against Afro Samurai is more impressive than that, if that's all they got.

Gandalf is strong enough to make the Balrog lurch back from his blows, and durable enough to survive a multi-kilometer drop, and has a magic sword regardless.

Everyone else in Lord of the Rings was a non-factor against it.

So what can these Titans actually do? Try watching the movie before you spout any more ignorant nonsense.

Robtard

What's fanboyish about my argument ? It seems most here are fanboyish about the Balrog and give him/it far too much credit.

That a bunch of dudes who didn't really do all that much are going to overwhelm and take down a super-strong and super-durability being made of rock, fire, smoke and shadow.

It was strong enough to break through solid stone and durable enough to survive a massive free-fall. Yet some blades are hacking it apart? Nope. Hence you fanboy cos Immortals is the new shiny object in your eye.

quanchi112
That a bunch of dudes who didn't really do all that much are going to overwhelm and take down a super-strong and super-durability being made of rock, fire, smoke and shadow.

It was strong enough to break through solid stone and durable enough to survive a massive free-fall. Yet some blades are hacking it apart? Nope. Hence you fanboy cos Immortals is the new shiny object in your eye. Didn't really do all that much ? The film made it perfectly clear they would stomp earth into the pits of hell had the gods not intervened. These are the same gods who can create tidal waves and can treat skilled elite warriors like nothing.

I don't for one see a Balrog stomping the Immortals earth like the Titans would have. The Titans were also kicking the shit out of the gods and overwhelming the shit out of them. But then again one old weaker version of Gandalf fought him for over a day yet was easily bested by Saruman but crushes the Titans. It's almost laughable how biased you seem to be.

Utrigita
Titans for the win.

Robtard
Didn't really do all that much ? The film made it perfectly clear they would stomp earth into the pits of hell had the gods not intervened. These are the same gods who can create tidal waves and can treat skilled elite warriors like nothing.

I don't for one see a Balrog stomping the Immortals earth like the Titans would have. The Titans were also kicking the shit out of the gods and overwhelming the shit out of them. But then again one old weaker version of Gandalf fought him for over a day yet was easily bested by Saruman but crushes the Titans. It's almost laughable how biased you seem to be.

Fantasizing again are we, the Titans would have crushed mankind, ie mortals.

Once again you're taking ranting and hubris over actual screen-feats. Try and debate with what the Titans did and showed (not much) instead of rants.

Probably the 30th time you've been told this, but here it is again: Screen-Feats > What is implied.

Pwned
Besides, it also comes to the line at the beginning of Immortals: They discovered they could kill each other"

So compared to mortals, these guys are frikkin beasts. Compared to the gods? They are your average warrior. Compared to a balrog? Puny little guys with sketchers who cant take a hit.

Notice how each blow from a god takes one down. Their biggest advantage is numbers, and with the balrogs sword and whip those numbers are useless.

quanchi112
Fantasizing again are we, the Titans would have crushed mankind, ie mortals.

Once again you're taking ranting and hubris over actual screen-feats. Try and debate with what the Titans did and showed (not much) instead of rants.

Probably the 30th time you've been told this, but here it is again: Screen-Feats > What is implied. Screen feats show they would have. The Titans were moving far too fast. They were on a level slightly below the gods but greatly outnumbered them. The gods would wipe their asses with mortals.

The Titans showed they can destroy a human wielding the epirus bow after just one shot. They moved in and tore him apart just like the gods.

Screen feats show to react to the gods insane speed it's well beyond the slow attacks of the Balrog.

It's like saying a great white shark can defeat a school of piranhas. Not going to happen.

quanchi112
Besides, it also comes to the line at the beginning of Immortals: They discovered they could kill each other"

So compared to mortals, these guys are frikkin beasts. Compared to the gods? They are your average warrior. Compared to a balrog? Puny little guys with sketchers who cant take a hit.

Notice how each blow from a god takes one down. Their biggest advantage is numbers, and with the balrogs sword and whip those numbers are useless. Yes, they were on the same level. We never once see a human kill or a god or Titan without a weapon created by the gods themselves the epirus bow. The movie made it clear the Titans were going to stop at nothing until everything in their path was destroyed. The human armies were massive but were nothing to the gods unlike the Titans who Hyperion wanted to release as his only legitimate way to strike back at them.

No, the Titans weren't average warriors as we saw one god save Theseus and scare the mortals. The mortals are nothing compared to the gods. The film made the relative ease in which one god easily tore through Hyperion's forces perfectly clear.

The Balrog was defeated by one old mage. Someone who went down to Saruman and needed over a day and still couldn't even best an old man Saruman easily crushed with bruising tk.

The Titans would maul any Balrog thrown into any pit.

NemeBro
It's more like a hippo versus a school of pirahnas based on what has been stated in this thread.

Pirahnas can literally do nothing to the hippo.

Also, lul at considering the ability to take down bronze-age humans some kind of feat.

Placidity
What kind of feats does the Balrog have, besides being big and on fire?

Utrigita
What kind of feats does the Balrog have, besides being big and on fire?

Dying against Gandalf

quanchi112
It's more like a hippo versus a school of pirahnas based on what has been stated in this thread.

Pirahnas can literally do nothing to the hippo.

Also, lul at considering the ability to take down bronze-age humans some kind of feat. What did the Balrog shrug off that showed the guy could shrug off their attacks in the same fashion ? I keep hearing how biased I am but it seems the pro Balrog side is going off hyperbole and wishful thinking. No surprise since robbie is leading the charge.

NemeBro
What kind of feats does the Balrog have, besides being big and on fire? Surviving multi-kilometer freefall.

Crumbling the solid stone structures of Moria by walking.

Apparently being immune to mundane Medieval era weaponry (Supported by Gandalf's dialogue and the fact that Glamdring is magic, yo).

Being 30 feet tall and on fire.

And really, the notion that people who support LotR do so with the books in mind is pretty false. Otherwise Gandalf would be crumbling the sides of mountains (Like what happened in the book when he fought the Balrog).

This all comes off as more impressive than "Yeah I guess we're kind of fast."

Quanchi, what you asked me was answered in this post. So... Not responding to your's.

Robtard
Screen feats show they would have. The Titans were moving far too fast. They were on a level slightly below the gods but greatly outnumbered them. The gods would wipe their asses with mortals.

The Titans showed they can destroy a human wielding the epirus bow after just one shot. They moved in and tore him apart just like the gods.

Screen feats show to react to the gods insane speed it's well beyond the slow attacks of the Balrog.

It's like saying a great white shark can defeat a school of piranhas. Not going to happen.

Titans or the Gods in Immortals being able to destroy mortals wasn't disputed, so you're ranting again.

Awesome, they can destroy a human. We all know this, so you're just ranting again.

Awesome, they're very fast. We all know this, so you're just ranting again.

LoL, fail analogy. A Great White Shark(the Balrog here) doesn't have to bother or worry about a school of piranhas(The Titans here), which is exactly the point, genius. The Titans can't do jack and shit to the Balrog, while its fire whip/sword can destroy them should it make contact.

Mindset
It's hard to tell how durable the gods and titans are since they only fought each other, and we don't see any other displays of power from either, besides Poseidon making the huge wave.

quanchi112
Surviving multi-kilometer freefall.

Crumbling the solid stone structures of Moria by walking.

Apparently being immune to mundane Medieval era weaponry (Supported by Gandalf's dialogue and the fact that Glamdring is magic, yo).

Being 30 feet tall and on fire.

And really, the notion that people who support LotR do so with the books in mind is pretty false. Otherwise Gandalf would be crumbling the sides of mountains (Like what happened in the book when he fought the Balrog).

This all comes off as more impressive than "Yeah I guess we're kind of fast."

Quanchi, what you asked me was answered in this post. So... Not responding to your's. It's vague where they landed but Gandalf himself also survived the fall yet was beaten by Saruman's bruising tk. You can't have it both ways. Yes, I get that he weighed a lot so crumbling that is due to his immense size and weight.

He wasn't immune to all medieval weaponry that's just made up on your part

being as tall as he was makes him an easier target so beings far faster than he is. Hell, Gandalf was shown to make him look bad and his movements weren't super fast.

So my point remains the Titans weather him down like Gandalf himself did and crush him.

quanchi112
Titans or the Gods in Immortals being able to destroy mortals wasn't disputed, so you're ranting again.

Awesome, they can destroy a human. We all know this, so you're just ranting again.

Awesome, they're very fast. We all know this, so you're just ranting again.

LoL, fail analogy. A Great White Shark(the Balrog here) doesn't have to bother or worry about a school of piranhas(The Titans here), which is exactly the point, genius. The Titans can't do jack and shit to the Balrog, while its fire whip/sword can destroy them should it make contact. Piranhas can hurt a great white shark. Saying they can't if they wanted to isn't an actual point.

I am glad though you agree the Titans are far too fast and capable of overwhelming the super powered gods.

Who did the fire whip destroy on contact with in the film ? Not saying it won't injure them or possibly kill them but back up your claim. Also, who says it is hitting them considering how slow he is compared to the Titans. Be serious for a moment.

Robtard
Piranhas can hurt a great white shark. Saying they can't if they wanted to isn't an actual point.

I am glad though you agree the Titans are far too fast and capable of overwhelming the super powered gods.

Who did the fire whip destroy on contact with in the film ? Not saying it won't injure them or possibly kill them but back up your claim. Also, who says it is hitting them considering how slow he is compared to the Titans. Be serious for a moment.

LoL, prove that a piranha(s) could hurt a Great White Shark, or STFU already with your fail analogy. Prove it. Piranhas are fresh water fish and Great Whites live in the ocean. Read a ****ing book, will you; stop embarrassing yourself.

Non sequitor response, you were ranting on how the Titans could kill mortals, which is irrelevant and wasn't being disputed.

It's a weapon made of fire wielded by an incredibly powerful giant monster; the Titans were being killed by a length of chain. The Balrog doesn't even have to actively fight to win; they can't hurt it. Try to base your rants on screen feats; not fanboyism for a moment.

quanchi112
LoL, prove that a piranha(s) could hurt a Great White Shark, or STFU already with your fail analogy. Prove it. Piranhas are fresh water fish and Great Whites live in the ocean. Read a ****ing book, will you; stop embarrassing yourself.

Non sequitor response, you were ranting on how the Titans could kill mortals, which is irrelevant and wasn't being disputed.

It's a weapon made of fire wielded by an incredibly powerful giant monster; the Titans were being killed by a length of chain. The Balrog doesn't even have to actively fight to win; they can't hurt it. Try to base your rants on screen feats; not fanboyism for a moment. The analogy fits perfectly you goon. I am saying if you take a school of them against a great white. This thread is just like it on their own they'd never meet since they both exist in another fictional reality. You are simply uneducated.

The Titans killed gods and mortals who did the Balrog actually kill ? Just Gandalf after over a day. Really. Really. Really ?

Based on what can't they hurt it ? What attacks didn't hurt it ?

Robtard
The analogy fits perfectly you goon. I am saying if you take a school of them against a great white. This thread is just like it on their own they'd never meet since they both exist in another fictional reality. You are simply uneducated.

The Titans killed gods and mortals who did the Balrog actually kill ? Just Gandalf after over a day. Really. Really. Really ?

Based on what can't they hurt it ? What attacks didn't hurt it ?

Hahaa, the analogy doesn't favor your favorite here, genius. Prove that (in a fictional scenario) piranhas could bite into a great white's thick placoid scale skin enough to harm it. Prove it or STFU already, just stop dodging.

Mortals and immortals ran from the Balrog, cos it was too much for them.

You've been asked before and you dodged the question. What are the Titans going to do to the Balrog? Stab it with their blades? Punch it? Kick it? It's a super-strong and super-durable giant monster made of rock, fire, smoke and shadow. While we see the Titans being destroyed by a length of chain.

quanchi112
Hahaa, the analogy doesn't favor your favorite here, genius. Prove that (in a fictional scenario) piranhas could bite into a great white's thick placoid scale skin enough to harm it. Prove it or STFU already, just stop dodging.

Mortals and immortals ran from the Balrog, cos it was too much for them.

You've been asked before and you dodged the question. What are the Titans going to do to the Balrog? Stab it with their blades? Punch it? Kick it? It's a super-strong and super-durable giant monster made of rock, fire, smoke and shadow. While we see the Titans being destroyed by a length of chain. You honestly think their teeth couldn't bite into a great white shark ? Wow. That's my analogy and it fits perfectly since the great white will be overwhelmed.

What immortal ran from the Balrog ? The elf ? The Balrog didn't kill anyone save gandalf who managed to kill him by himself. Yeah, nothing hurt the Balrog either, right ? Look how effective the Balrag was against one older, less powerful grey version of just Gandalf.

Yet you claim the Balrog easily destroys much faster Titans. Laughable.

It didn't seem super strong hence Gandalf killing it. Yes, they will damage it with their weapons. I didn't see the Balrog easily warding off any weapon attacks like they weren;t causing any damage.

I guess a Balrog killing one old man who killed it impresses you. Yeah, you sure aren't biased.

Robtard
You honestly think their teeth couldn't bite into a great white shark ? Wow. That's my analogy and it fits perfectly since the great white will be overwhelmed.

What immortal ran from the Balrog ? The elf ? The Balrog didn't kill anyone save gandalf who managed to kill him by himself. Yeah, nothing hurt the Balrog either, right ? Look how effective the Balrag was against one older, less powerful grey version of just Gandalf.

Yet you claim the Balrog easily destroys much faster Titans. Laughable.

It didn't seem super strong hence Gandalf killing it. Yes, they will damage it with their weapons. I didn't see the Balrog easily warding off any weapon attacks like they weren;t causing any damage.

I guess a Balrog killing one old man who killed it impresses you. Yeah, you sure aren't biased.

So you refuse to prove it and just dodge for a 3rd time with an added 'moving the goal post' fallacy. Concession accepted.

The fellowship tried at first, but Gandalf knew from the start they ultimately couldn't escape it, so he tried standing his ground. You should really watch the LoTR films, you continually show how you know nothing of LoTR and just pick your favorite in the match.

Of course the Balrog didn't seem strong to you, as you've not really watched the films. But it broke through thick solid rock.

Again, if you've watched the LoTR films, you'd know Gandalf wasn't just some "old man" and you'd know the Balrog's strength and durability feats. It certainly wasn't killed by being hit with a length of chain, as the Titans were.

Try and be objective for once, educate yourself on both combatants; then pick. What a clown.

quanchi112
So you refuse to prove it and just dodge for a 3rd time with an added 'moving the goal post' fallacy. Concession accepted.

The fellowship tried at first, but Gandalf knew from the start they ultimately couldn't escape it, so he tried standing his ground. You should really watch the LoTR films, you continually show how you know nothing of LoTR and just pick your favorite in the match.

Of course the Balrog didn't seem strong to you, as you've not really watched the films. But it broke through thick solid rock.

Again, if you've watched the LoTR films, you'd know Gandalf wasn't just some "old man" and you'd know the Balrog's strength and durability feats. It certainly wasn't killed by being hit with a length of chain, as the Titans were.

Try and be objective for once, educate yourself on both combatants; then pick. What a clown. This thread isn't about proving piranhas can hurt great whites that was a simple analogy you raged about because they live in different bodies of water you clown.

Gandalf his pansy ass fellowship couldn't beat him but his pansy ass fellowship would also be mauled by the Titans. I mean it took their combined efforts to kill a cave troll. Please watch the film it was more like the Achilles threads where you claimed Hector didn't come close then upon watching the clip for the first time dramatically changed your tune. You aren't bright.

So strong the Balrog failed to kill Gandalf. Hell, Saruman beat him and quite easily. He kept him prisoner whereas the Balrog was just killed.

I've seen Gandalf in combat the guy isn't portrayed as some speed demon. The guy bangs his staff off people's head most of the time or fights with bruising tk.

The guy who defeated this Gandalf was killed by a tiny knife yet Gandalf was solo'd and kept prisoner by him. How utterly impressive.

So you believe the Balrog is invincible and can't be hurt by swords and arrows. He could stand there forever and let them bounce off of him. Wow.

Robtard
This thread isn't about proving piranhas can hurt great whites that was a simple analogy you raged about because they live in different bodies of water you clown.

Gandalf his pansy ass fellowship couldn't beat him but his pansy ass fellowship would also be mauled by the Titans. I mean it took their combined efforts to kill a cave troll. Please watch the film it was more like the Achilles threads where you claimed Hector didn't come close then upon watching the clip for the first time dramatically changed your tune. You aren't bright.

So strong the Balrog failed to kill Gandalf. Hell, Saruman beat him and quite easily. He kept him prisoner whereas the Balrog was just killed.

I've seen Gandalf in combat the guy isn't portrayed as some speed demon. The guy bangs his staff off people's head most of the time or fights with bruising tk.

The guy who defeated this Gandalf was killed by a tiny knife yet Gandalf was solo'd and kept prisoner by him. How utterly impressive.

So you believe the Balrog is invincible and can't be hurt by swords and arrows. He could stand there forever and let them bounce off of him. Wow.

It was a "simple analogy" that didn't support your stance, you'd have known if you bothered to do 1-minute of research on GW sharks, you ignoramus

The Fellowship killing a cave troll is irrelevant here, they're not in this, it's the Balrog, which has extreme strength and durability feats about the Titans, try and keep up, okay? LoL, outright lying and ranting now.

Again, if you watched the film instead of basing your opinion on youtube clips you happened to glaze over you'd know how physically strong and durable the Balrog showed to be. Breaking through solid stone, surviving a super-massive fall, being stabbed by a magical blade multiple times, fighting for days etc. The Titans where killed by being hit by a length of chain.

Again, watch the LoTR film(s), then decide; I'm not doing your research for you anymore. Stop fanboying because that shit film "Immortals" is the new shiny in your eye.

quanchi112
It was a "simple analogy" that didn't support your stance, you'd have known if you bothered to do 1-minute of research on GW sharks, you ignoramus

The Fellowship killing a cave troll is irrelevant here, they're not in this, it's the Balrog, which has extreme strength and durability feats about the Titans, try and keep up, okay? LoL, outright lying and ranting now.

Again, if you watched the film instead of basing your opinion on youtube clips you happened to glaze over you'd know how physically strong and durable the Balrog showed to be. Breaking through solid stone, surviving a super-massive fall, being stabbed by a magical blade multiple times, fighting for days etc. The Titans where killed by being hit by a length of chain.

Again, watch the LoTR film(s), then decide; I'm not doing your research for you anymore. Stop fanboying because that shit film "Immortals" is the new shiny in your eye. It does support my stance. You wanted to go all psychotic on me about them being from two different bodies of water. I laughed and at the end of my chuckle I felt pity for you. I want to help you grow first as a poster and then as a man. A man who sees things through.

Gandalf's comment is relevant to the party he was with when they took on the cave troll. The Tians would maul that thing in no time but Gandalf and his party took time and a lot of effort to do so. Pathetic. What feats does the balrog have that suggest swords don't and can never hurt him ?

The Balrog was killed by one old man who fiought him with a sword and a staff. Not veryu impressive. One opponent he couldn't even kill and yeyou claim he wipes out all the Titans. But then again you didn't watch the whole movie so again you didn't even see them loose on the screen since you're a quitter. Ignorance.

The Titans were killed by gods and by the epirus bow. That's kinda supernatural, dude.

I unlike you watched the lotr films from start to finish. Ignorance.

NemeBro
It's vague where they landed but Gandalf himself also survived the fall yet was beaten by Saruman's bruising tk. You can't have it both ways. Yes, I get that he weighed a lot so crumbling that is due to his immense size and weight.

Clearly Saruman's TK is very powerful. smile

The Balrog has the physical strength to move its size and weight, it is not completely stationary, nor was it gravity that caused the stone to shake and crumble. It was the Balrog walking forward, obviously it exerts more force than that when actually, you know, fighting.

Don't be retarded.

"Your swords are useless here."

No but he is super strong and has magic.

The Titans aren't Gandalf.

Proof they can signifigantly injure him?

the ninjak
The Titans had whatever they could get their hands on in that tomb.

Nothing big enough to chisel away enough into this creature to cause any real harm.

Plus this Balrog survived a hugh fall and withstood mystical lightning charged sword strikes, force strikes ect.
I can't see the Titan's random floor junk getting through the intense searing heat and general durability and mass of this creature.

All they can do is attack it's lower body for if the attempt to jump and swarm it's head they lose their speed momentum and get smashed into walls.

And then you have the whip lashing around the small room. And the Titans took forever to finally climb that cage to get to Zeus he already pulled the place apart and gathered his girl before the Titans clumsily got up there.

How many Titans were there? Or are in this fight?

Robtard
It does support my stance. You wanted to go all psychotic on me about them being from two different bodies of water. I laughed and at the end of my chuckle I felt pity for you. I want to help you grow first as a poster and then as a man. A man who sees things through.

Gandalf's comment is relevant to the party he was with when they took on the cave troll. The Tians would maul that thing in no time but Gandalf and his party took time and a lot of effort to do so. Pathetic. What feats does the balrog have that suggest swords don't and can never hurt him ?

The Balrog was killed by one old man who fiought him with a sword and a staff. Not veryu impressive. One opponent he couldn't even kill and yeyou claim he wipes out all the Titans. But then again you didn't watch the whole movie so again you didn't even see them loose on the screen since you're a quitter. Ignorance.

The Titans were killed by gods and by the epirus bow. That's kinda supernatural, dude.

I unlike you watched the lotr films from start to finish. Ignorance.

Oh boy... a school of piranhas couldn't harm a GW shark, even in a fictional fight where the water issue wasn't an issue, they'd be nothing more than a minor nuisance to the shark(as the Titans with their weapons/fist would be to the Balrog). Take the 2 minutes to google before you make another fail-analogy next time, man.

Non sequitor response. Ignoring.

"Old man" again? Lol, idiot. If you had paid attention, you'd have seen that Gandalf is more than just some geriatric and that a combo of magic/lighting is what ultimately killed the Balrog. Please, watch the films; pay attention, then decide, stop fanboying your favorite.

Did you not pay attention to Immortals either? Not surprising. We see a few taken down by being hit with a length of chain. Watch the fight scene again.

Getting tired having to explain everything to you.

quanchi112
Clearly Saruman's TK is very powerful. smile

The Balrog has the physical strength to move its size and weight, it is not completely stationary, nor was it gravity that caused the stone to shake and crumble. It was the Balrog walking forward, obviously it exerts more force than that when actually, you know, fighting.

Don't be retarded.It's powerful enough to cause bruising or small minor cuts.

It didn't even kill Gandalf he just died from fighting the thing for over a day. That to me isn't impressive. You calling someone else retarded when you insisted the blinding light can cause serious damage or death is just too much.

Yes, that small ineffectual crew wasn't going to be able to defeat the Balrog whereas he could kill them easily. The Titans are another matter. Gandalf also took him on with a sword and staff.

Titans would maul Gandalf who needed aid against a cave troll and went down to the Witch King.

The movie where he is weakened and killed by Gandalf. Prove he is invincible to the Titans weapons with their strength.

quanchi112
Oh boy... a school of piranhas couldn't harm a GW shark, even in a fictional fight where the water issue wasn't an issue, they'd be nothing more than a minor nuisance to the shark(as the Titans with their weapons/fist would be to the Balrog). Take the 2 minutes to google before you make another fail-analogy next time, man.

Non sequitor response. Ignoring.

"Old man" again? Lol, idiot. If you had paid attention, you'd have seen that Gandalf is more than just some geriatric and that a combo of magic/lighting is what ultimately killed the Balrog. Please, watch the films; pay attention, then decide, stop fanboying your favorite.

Did you not pay attention to Immortals either? Not surprising. We see a few taken down by being hit with a length of chain. Watch the fight scene again.

Getting tired having to explain everything to you. You continue to display more ignorance each and every day.

Yes, the piranhas teeth can cause damage to a great white. To suggest otherwise is just plain ignorant. Oh right your name even has tard in it. Sorry.

I did watch the film and saw the cave troll take on the entire party and them work for it, I saw Saruman dominate him with bruises and minor cuts, etc. I am citing movie evidence you tard.

Yes, they were taken down by the gods who can create tidal waves and rip down giant pillars. It's the gods dude. The Titans were beating these guys. LOL. Try watching the movie.

Why do you debate movies you don't even watch in their entirety.

NemeBro
I wonder Quan... Can you prove that the teeth of a pirahna can injure a Great White Shark? Because sharks are naturally armoured in pretty durable scales, resistant to teeth of other fish.

So no, you made the claim, you have to prove that pirahnas can injure the Great White Shark.

It's powerful enough to cause bruising or small minor cuts.

Against superhumanly powerful Wizards, yes.

I mean, Spiderman punching Green Goblin doesn't cause much more than some bruising or minor cuts, but that's because both are physically superhuman.

Same principle, silly boy.

I don't care what you think is impressive, prove that the Titans can harm it or replicate its feats.

Well you are obviously mentally malfunctioned in some manner.

Because it is powerful yes.

Prove it.

I expected you trying to claim Gandalf's sword is some random sword, but I did not expect you to try to claim the staff was either, like you seem to be doing. Hilarious.

Proof they could beat a Cave Troll? smile

Also, Gandalf didn't do much in that fight. He let them handle it.

Proof they could beat the Witch King? smile

Stop assuming the feats of others count as feats for the Titans.

Who based on the random statements brought in this thread is far above the Titans.

The Titans' weaponry were apparently just scavenged off the floor.

You haven't given a single strength feat for the Titans.

Also, no, bite me, you haven't provided shit, don't expect me to, especially when I know you've seen the feats.

quanchi112
I wonder Quan... Can you prove that the teeth of a pirahna can injure a Great White Shark? Because sharks are naturally armoured in pretty durable scales, resistant to teeth of other fish.

So no, you made the claim, you have to prove that pirahnas can injure the Great White Shark.

Against superhumanly powerful Wizards, yes.

I mean, Spiderman punching Green Goblin doesn't cause much more than some bruising or minor cuts, but that's because both are physically superhuman.

Same principle, silly boy.

I don't care what you think is impressive, prove that the Titans can harm it or replicate its feats.

Well you are obviously mentally malfunctioned in some manner.

Because it is powerful yes.

Prove it.

I expected you trying to claim Gandalf's sword is some random sword, but I did not expect you to try to claim the staff was either, like you seem to be doing. Hilarious.

Proof they could beat a Cave Troll? smile

Also, Gandalf didn't do much in that fight. He let them handle it.

Proof they could beat the Witch King? smile

Stop assuming the feats of others count as feats for the Titans.

Who based on the random statements brought in this thread is far above the Titans.

The Titans' weaponry were apparently just scavenged off the floor.

You haven't given a single strength feat for the Titans.

Also, no, bite me, you haven't provided shit, don't expect me to, especially when I know you've seen the feats. It was a simple analogy I am not going to derail the thread into a mini debate simply because you're uneducated.

Saruman was stabbed to death with a sword. he guy isn't super durable or anything of the sort. How could I forget how awful you are when you debate.

No, a sword does far more damage to Gandalf or Saruman if it strikes them then a brusing tk push you neanderthal.

Gandalf harmed and avoided it for over a day. The Titans were killing gods capable of creating tidal waves and capable of falling thousands of feet into the water to create tidal wave. Those are the characters they were routing.

Yeah, blinding light, bro. Our intellect is so high up there you see things that don't exist.

The sword and staff seemed quite capable when we've seen the Witch King easily destroy his staff. The Balrog isn't impressive since in over a day he couldn't even kill Gandalf one on one.

Watch the Immortals movie. If you believe the quick Titans couldn't kill a cave troll then you obviously didn't watch the movie.

A woman and hobbit did so. If you think the woman and hobbit are beyond the Titans then you didn't watch the movie. Hell, Aragorn beat the Witch King and the Nazgul with a torch and a sword. LOL. How formidable that Witch King was.

Gandalf didn't seem that powerful against the Balrog and fought him for over a day before the lightning charged strike. That shows he could fend off the Balrog's attacks for a considerable amount of time without the attacks being fatal.

The Titans killed the gods whose strength could create tidal waves by diving thousands of feet into the water with no damage and rip apart the temple by their strength.

Try watching the movie if you're going to say stupid things.

NemeBro
It was a simple analogy I am not going to derail the thread into a mini debate simply because you're uneducated.

So you can't prove it.

If you can't prove something, you should probably shut up and not claim it. smile

After his power was broken yeah.

Saruman may not be as durable as Gandalf, but he is clearly more durable than a human, silly.

Show me a sword cutting Gandalf. smile

A good feat for him, not the Titans.

Due to apparently rendering the gods' powerless, rather than being powerful themselves, as well as outnumbering them. And I trust the poster who said that, whoever they may be, far more than you.

Also, a quick look at wikipedia tells me that the Titans were all killed by Zeus alone, crushing them under the temple. Lol.

I'll go ahead and prove myself more of a man than you are and admit I misinterpreted that scene from the movie, it not being physical, but rather a holy ward that pushes off evil creatures.

The Witch Kings' feats are not the equivelant of the Titans, the WK had magic that enabled him to do that, which the Titans lack.

Gandalf>Titans obviously.

Not seeing any proof here, will assume you concede, moving on.

With a sneak attack, yeah.

Individually some Hobbits have proven above the Titans, obviously.

Because he is weak to fire. And Aragorn=/=Titans, clearly he is stronger. smile

I guess you missed the multi-kilometer freefall.

So what you are saying is that the Balrog is so durable and resistant to damage, that even with magic weapons it took a day for Gandalf to kill it?

Delightful, glad we are on the same page.

Obviously, the gods are just very heavy, not strong. smile

When Zeus tore down the temple, did he not kill the Titans?

The funny thing is that I haven't watched the movie and I am still showing up your illiterate ass.

Robtard
You continue to display more ignorance each and every day.

Yes, the piranhas teeth can cause damage to a great white. To suggest otherwise is just plain ignorant. Oh right your name even has tard in it. Sorry.

I did watch the film and saw the cave troll take on the entire party and them work for it, I saw Saruman dominate him with bruises and minor cuts, etc. I am citing movie evidence you tard.

Yes, they were taken down by the gods who can create tidal waves and rip down giant pillars. It's the gods dude. The Titans were beating these guys. LOL. Try watching the movie.

Why do you debate movies you don't even watch in their entirety.

Says the guy who makes claims he can't prove and then dances.

Prove it, but you can't, so just stfu already. Do yourself a favor and google-up before you make claims.

Cave-troll isn't in this fight. It took magic/lightning to kill the Balrog after days of fighting. Keep dodging that.

Yet despite the Gods' "making tidal wave powers" all it took to take down a Titan was a length of chain and/or other blunt force trauma or blades. Balrog can bring more with its super-strength, magical weapons and insane durability. It wins, easily too.

Why do you debate movies you've not paid attention too? Tired of having to explain LoTR to you.

Robtard
The funny thing is that I haven't watched the movie and I am still showing up your illiterate ass.

guqMFTCeEhI

i.e. Balrog stomps.

Placidity
^

Not sure about their ability to hurt the Balrog, but it seems they waaay are too fast to be hit by it.

Korto Vos
All of the Titans vs. one Balrog?

Balrog has insane constitution, but I think hundreds of Titans would win. confused

Broken thread.

NemeBro
... What that's it?

Those are the things Quan has been relentlessly hyping? no expression

They were ****ing cannon fodder, their speed and agility only marginally above human, if at all.

The only reason they were a threat at all to the "gods" is because the gods were outnumbered, and all were taken out when their attentions were elsewhere.

The Balrog ****ing wrecks these losers if that's really all they have. erm

It's like an elephant fighting a bunch of humans, only the humans don't have weapons and the elephant has a sword and whip and is on fire.

Mindset

their speed and agility only marginally above human, if at all.
You can't be serious.

NemeBro
I just rewatched to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

Point out what they did that can't be accomplish by a fit human who is skilled in parkour. I'm not seeing much. I expected far better.

Legolas impressed more than any of the Titans I just saw.

Placidity
I just rewatched to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

Point out what they did that can't be accomplish by a fit human who is skilled in parkour. I'm not seeing much. I expected far better.

Um. Move with super speed? confused

NemeBro
Yeah...

Where are you seeing any signifigant case of super speed?

Seriously, point it out to me.

Most of the fight, the gods for example were much faster than them, so maybe I'm missing something, where was any signifigant super speed demonstrated?

Robtard
Originally posted by Korto Vos
All of the Titans vs. one Balrog?

Balrog has insane constitution, but I think hundreds of Titans would win. confused

Broken thread.

Don't think there were hundreds in that cage.

Placidity
Yeah...

Where are you seeing any signifigant case of super speed?

Seriously, point it out to me.

Most of the fight, the gods for example were much faster than them, so maybe I'm missing something, where was any signifigant super speed demonstrated?

Most of the fight is obviously shot in a perspective that is slowed down.

For example, start from 0:28. One of the Titans get split in half by the chain, he dies and loses his speed, and we see how fast things are really moving from their perspective. The body falling slows down to a crawl yet the gods and Titans are still moving at "normal" speeds. This happens throughout the scene.

In case you're trying to argue its just a slow-mo shot for particular kills - its not because everyone else moves at normal speed.

Yes, the gods are faster, but the Titans still have incredible speed, more than enough to easily evade the Balrog.

Utrigita
Most of the fight is obviously shot in a perspective that is slowed down.

For example, start from 0:28. One of the Titans get split in half by the chain, he dies and loses his speed, and we see how fast things are really moving from their perspective. The body falling slows down to a crawl yet the gods and Titans are still moving at "normal" speeds. This happens throughout the scene.

In case you're trying to argue its just a slow-mo shot for particular kills - its not because everyone else moves at normal speed.

Yes, the gods are faster, but the Titans still have incredible speed, more than enough to easily evade the Balrog.

Also remember Ares vs the Hyperion forces in the Salt Mine at the monestary.

Pwned
Easily evade? Seriously?

The whip and sword will be moving around to, a direct attack is easier to see coming than the whip doing what it does, i.e. whipping. Swipes will connect.

Besides, nobody has refuted the "It took a day and a lightning bolt, with a magic sword and staff, and who knows what else magic to bring this thing down" yet. At all.

Placidity
Easily evade? Seriously?

Seriously.

Pwned
They won't. Plain and simple.

Nephthys
Judging from the speed in the clip, yes they will.

Pwned
Ok, take a whip. Now lash it around yourself. Watch the path. They can't dodge it when it is being swung at them all the time. Then think of spacial restrictions. And the sword. They may be much faster than the Balrog had shown, but they can't harm it that well, (watch all the hits on the gods, many made with their weapons were just a stab)

The Titans are working from "Death from a Thousand Cuts" than brute strength. They will be trying to bring it down through attrition because of numbers and an obvious differential in size, strength, and overall hardiness. If they are immolated by the Balrog fanning its own flames, or burned from the heat of its breath (Watch when it roars, you can see the distortion of air from heat)

Nephthys
Why does everyone seem to be under the illusion that whips are impossible to dodge or something? http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-raise.gif

The Balrog couldn't even hit freaking Gandalf with it, how do you expect it to hit people with actual superspeed?

Mindset
But these guys are the same speed as regular humans!

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nephthys
The Balrog couldn't even hit freaking Gandalf with it, how do you expect it to hit people with actual superspeed? Yeah that couldn't have possibly been because of Gandalf's magical shield. By the time they actually fought, the Balrog was unarmed. Notably, it did hit Gandalf with its whip, from a pretty good distance too.

Why do you act like this in threads that involve Lord of the Rings?

/waits for Gandalf has no superhuman durability.

At least try to make actual valid points like Placidity, I admit to not noticing that the entire scene appears to be slowed down (Even though the entire fight scene is a massive violation of momentum).

See, Placidity made a valid point.

It doesn't get around the whole "How are they going to injure it with little daggers?" thing, but hey, it's a start.

Nephthys
Yeah that couldn't have possibly been because of Gandalf's magical shield. By the time they actually fought, the Balrog was unarmed. Notably, it did hit Gandalf with its whip, from a pretty good distance too.

You're right, it couldn't have been, because Gandalf didn't have a magical shield up at the time it busted out the whip. Unless you mean during the off-screen duel.

And you are absolutely right. It did hit him. I conceed the point. All it has to do is lull the Titans into a false sense of victory and then attack them from behind and its set to go! http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/emot-keke.gif

Why do you act like this in threads that involve Lord of the Rings?

I hate Lord of the Rings.

Peter Jackson is a witch. >:<

NemeBro
You're right, it couldn't have been, because Gandalf didn't have a magical shield up at the time it busted out the whip. Unless you mean during the off-screen duel.

You are aware that the Balrog didn't actually swing his whip at Gandalf before Gandalf crumbled the floor, right?

Are you trolling?

I was mostly just mentioning it because the one time it swung the whip, it hit him.

Frankly, the Balrog could just run around. The Titans won't be able to stop it, and it would crush them by moving. They can do not a single thing to it.

Why do you hate Lord of the Rings?

And explain the second part.

Nephthys
You are aware that the Balrog didn't actually swing his whip at Gandalf before Gandalf crumbled the floor, right?

Are you trolling?

mcuDMoSOOrs

Gandalf was wide open. If the whip is really so freaking uber the Balrog could have taken him out right there.

Of course since the whip did literally jack and shit, claiming that it would be able to take out the Titans is ludicrous.

I was mostly just mentioning it because the one time it swung the whip, it hit him.

Frankly, the Balrog could just run around. The Titans won't be able to stop it, and it would crush them by moving. They can do not a single thing to it.

As seen, above, it swung it before that and failed to hit him.

Perhaps. I don't really know. I mean, Gandalf was able to hurt it with his sword. Though I doubt it would be able to crush them considering it would be moving in slow motion ot them.

Why do you hate Lord of the Rings?

And explain the second part.

no expression

I was joking.

Nephthys
Also you are dumb and I don't really care anymore. X_X

NemeBro
mcuDMoSOOrs

Gandalf was wide open. If the whip is really so freaking uber the Balrog could have taken him out right there.

Of course since the whip did literally jack and shit, claiming that it would be able to take out the Titans is ludicrous.

It cracked the whip.

Are you under the impression that it cracking the whip over six feet to Gandalf's left means it was trying to hit him? no expression Are you seriously trying to claim that Gandalf not actually moving was able to avoid an "attack"?

I mean, it later hit Gandalf when Gandalf was sort of in motion, and the Balrog was further away, couldn't really see him, and falling down a ravine...

I mean, I guess you could try to claim that was a legitimate attack. no expression You'd look ridiculous for doing so though.

Read above.

A. Gandalf being able to hurt it and make it reel alone is a feat of super strength. Or Glamdring is really awesome, one or the other.

B. Glamdring is quite a bit larger than some tiny daggers. I mean hell, the Cave Troll took more damage than that.

How could I have known that?

Also, no, you sir are the dumb one.

RE: Blaxican
The Stupid Brigade is in full force in this thread. My God.

Balrog stomps. The end.

the ninjak
Of course he stomps.

-The Titans may be fast but it took them forever to get up that cage. And if they jump to attack anything higher than the Barlog's legs they lose their momentum and become vulnerable in mid-air.
-Gandalf blocked that whip with his magic and will. How do you guys think Gandalf survived the entire fight. Gandalf doesn't cast spells. He lifts his staff and things happen. This ain't Harry Potter. So saying that the Balrog's whip is harmless is absurd.
-It is an extremely enclosed area with some tunnels. The Balrog can whip and smash the walls down and whip the Titans apart.
-The Balrog is huge! And the Titans have shards of metal that they found around the area. Not very good tools for the task at hand.

Nephthys
How could I have known that?

Also, no, you sir are the dumb one.

I called Peter Jackson a witch.

That was my oh so subtle hint that I was not being serious.

NemeBro
I assumed it was some kind of British thing.

Go sip on yer tea, and leave vs. threads to Amurrican Heroes like me.

Nephthys
Oh it was. The British hate witches. Especially MAN-witches. ****ing *****.

I'd respond with something pithy, but thats exactly what I'm going to do, so it would kind of undermine the point. The tea does taste good though.

You fat bastard our Limey time will come and when it does I will personally boil you in tea.

NemeBro
Oh it was. The British hate witches. Especially MAN-witches. ****ing *****.

I'd respond with something pithy, but thats exactly what I'm going to do, so it would kind of undermine the point. The tea does taste good though.

You fat bastard our Limey time will come and when it does I will personally boil you in tea. I could fit you inside me small-fry. estahuh

... 131

quanchi112
So you can't prove it.

If you can't prove something, you should probably shut up and not claim it. smile

After his power was broken yeah. I am not derailing the thread into a piranhas vs. great white shark flesh kind of debate.

Oh irony. How sweet it tastes. You claimed the blinding light hurts and can practically kill people yet there's no proof it ever physically damaged or almost killed anyone. You're not intelligent. You're like another Skip Bayless kinda guy. I am sure you don't know who that is because you're ignorant.

Saruman can be cut with a knife just like a human being can be cut by a knife. The Titans would rip him in half in no time. This is the guy who bested the Gandalf that bested the Balrog. So for over a day's time the Balrog was unable to defeat Gandalf which Saruman did in what was likely a few minutes with minor cuts and bruising attacks.

Such a weak argument. It's like an Aunt May argument for comic book posters. If you are suggesting Gandalf can survive a direct sword attack to his flesh without any magical protection then prove it. You made the claim and since we can logically deduce Saruman and Gandalf are of the same ilk then a knife cuts him just the same as it did to Saruman.

If it's a good feat for the gods who were getting decimated by the Titans then comparatively they are pretty formidable.

Who made the gods powerless ? What are you even muttering about now ?

They weren't all killed in the temple. It's cute that you argue in threads you aren't even familiar with because you're a troll. You're like robtard you argue who you like more without being knowledgeable about the other side. I detest fanboys such as yourself.

The Titans are far more formidable than someone with a numbers advantage to lose to one guy with a torch and sword. That's pathetic. Then again none of this matters at all since you haven't seen the movie. You're just ignorant.

Gandalf would be decimated by the Titans. Far too fast and they'd cleave him in two in moments. The gods and Titans displayed far faster speeds than Gandalf at his best let alone how he was consistently portrayed in the movies in gigantic battles or against the cave troll.

You need to watch the movie. I can't post clips of a movie still out at the theatre.

No, they haven't but then again you're ignorant so you don't have the faintest clue.

Aragorn would lose to Theseus let alone take on the Titans or the gods. That would be laughable but then again you're ignorant.

Poseidon survived a multi kilometer fall as well and not only that created a tidal wave because of it. That guy got killed by the Titans.

Gandalf needed the group's help to defeat a Cave Troll. That thing wouldn't last 2 seconds against the Titans but Gandalf needed help. Gandalf isn't that formidable imo. The guy went down to Saruman against very weak attacks which caused little damage.

Zeus proved his strength but then again you are ignorant you don't know any better.

No, since they were seen fighting the gods in the heavens.

The only thing you proved is ignorance.

quanchi112
Says the guy who makes claims he can't prove and then dances.

Prove it, but you can't, so just stfu already. Do yourself a favor and google-up before you make claims.

Cave-troll isn't in this fight. It took magic/lightning to kill the Balrog after days of fighting. Keep dodging that.

Yet despite the Gods' "making tidal wave powers" all it took to take down a Titan was a length of chain and/or other blunt force trauma or blades. Balrog can bring more with its super-strength, magical weapons and insane durability. It wins, easily too.

Why do you debate movies you've not paid attention too? Tired of having to explain LoTR to you. Why is everything about dancing with you ? It was a simple analogy and then you got angry over it.

The character that defeated the Balrog needed aid against a cave troll. I know you didn't watch the movie in like 8 years but come on already brother.

The Titans have supernatural strength obviously since humans can't even really do anything to the gods. One god took out like 8 or 9 of Hyperion's forces in what seems like less than a second based on what was going on. The only time a human killed one Titans he used the epirus bow. You're not bright.

The Balrog can't even best an old man who needed aid against one slow cave troll this thing is getting dominated by beings supernaturally strong and far too fast for the Balrog to even touch.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
You can't be serious. He is. That's why people usually don't take him seriously. He also argues against characters he has no idea about due to being a huge fan of the other side.

Pwned
Im sorry Quanchi, but you are striking me as ignoring all forms of logic at this point.

Contrary to Yoda's claim, size does matter in a melee fight. The Titans can't strike much higher than the Balrog's calf, unless he gives the an opening, which he will, obviously. But the thing is, watch that clip of the fall. That would kill any Titan on the first hit, let alone the seventh. Their speed isn't enough here. They die.

And btw, Aragorn would kill Theseus ^.^ To bad this isn't that particular thread.

quanchi112
Im sorry Quanchi, but you are striking me as ignoring all forms of logic at this point.

Contrary to Yoda's claim, size does matter in a melee fight. The Titans can't strike much higher than the Balrog's calf, unless he gives the an opening, which he will, obviously. But the thing is, watch that clip of the fall. That would kill any Titan on the first hit, let alone the seventh. Their speed isn't enough here. They die.

And btw, Aragorn would kill Theseus ^.^ To bad this isn't that particular thread. Size apparently didn't matter against Gandalf who seemed to be without his staff for the later part of their fight. Gandalf is also slower than the Titans and is one target as opposed to probably a hundred or so Titans.

The Titans were shown moving at levels beyond human speed and human speed was enough in combat for Gandalf by himself to take down the Balrog.

I am not saying the Titans are as durable as the balrog I am saying their attacks will hurt it, their speed will put it at an even bigger disadvantage it was at against gandalf, etc.

Theseus would beat Aragorn I am sorry but you're wrong again. Try to clear your thoughts and to come back at a later time when your feeling ok.

NemeBro
I am not derailing the thread into a piranhas vs. great white shark flesh kind of debate.

Make better analogies.

I guess you missed the part where I admitted that was wrong.

Ad hominem attacks without addressing any of my points? Delightful. What a petulant child you are.

You are aware that you don't technically have to be immune to bladed weaponry to have superhuman durability, right? Oh and once more, his power was broken at that point.

I'm not saying Saruman would best all the Titans at once. Only that the Balrog, due to having properties Saruman does not, namely size, would crush them.

Lol A>B>C logic.

The Balrog killed Gandalf. And... You're not addressing my points, namely that the Balrog is too large, strong, and durable to be killed by wittle daggers. You're sidestepping my argument entirely by hanging on A>B>C logic.

He fell multiple kilometers, survived, and proceeded to fight the Balrog for a day?

Though I was mostly trolling, to be perfectly honest. I'm not going to say that Gandalf would be completely immune to swords (I don't feel like calcing how much damage the fall would have done), partially because of a little concept you are not intelligent enough to understand called PSI. The force behind a sword is spread over a much thinner area.

Are you under the impression that swords and blades could not cut the Titans? Do they even have durability feats?

His power was broken.

I double-checked with Robtard (Because God knows I won't get any straight answers out of you), and yeah, apparently this poster was wrong, ignore that.

Man, this is the first time I've seen you rage like this.

Glad I've struck a nerve.

If you haven't noticed though, I've been trying to pry feats or explanations from you for a while now, and have gotten nothing.

According to wiki, Zeus took down the temple and killed the Titans.

You say this is not true.

Explain what really happened then.

Fire is their weakness silly monkey.

Also, the only reason the Titans were a threat at all was a numbers advantage.

Oh, and once more, the Titans don't have magic to manage this feat.

You know, I probably wouldn't argue Gandalf against all the Titans, but Gandalf is not the Balrog. The Balrog is large enough that, really, it doesn't need to aim much to hit the Titans.

Also, Gandalf the Grey didn't really fight that much besides when he fought Saruman and the Balrog. He was mostly just protecting the Hobbits against the Cave Troll.

Weird how Robtard managed it...

And haha, no, if you think I'm shelling out money to see a mediocre at best mindless action flick, you're off your rocker. I'd even expect a decent elaboration on the random statements you make, in lieu of a video. Though admittedly I'd have trouble believing it...

Shelob>Titans. 131

All the Titans? Probably, Aragorn is ultimately just one dude. Individually? You know, after Placidity pointed out their super speed, maybe so.

Wow, really? The God of the Sea survived jumping in water? Go figure. no expression

See, elaboration like this is what I was looking for. His power over the sea means jack shit when he is not in it (Assuming he was one of the gods to die in that video).

The Cave Troll when stabbed by a long javelin didn't even flinch.

Little daggers? Pft, gtfo.

Even stabs to the head and back of the neck didn't kill it right away.

But sure, I guess that all the Titans combined would take out the Cave Troll.

Balrog>>>Cave Troll.

Because he is so durable. big grin

What is Zeus' feat?

Can anyone confirm this? Surely I can't be faulted for not trusting a single thing Quan says?

You're so butthurt.

It's fantastic.

Nice to see that you could not prove they could hurt the Balrog with little daggers by the way.

NemeBro
He is. That's why people usually don't take him seriously. He also argues against characters he has no idea about due to being a huge fan of the other side. Hahahahaha what?

You must have absolutely no self-awareness at all to seriously believe this.

Are you aware that you are a forum pariah, considered a, in the nicest way I can phrase it, severely illogical and disingenuous poster in multiple forums?

Also, I admitted my mistake, since you know, I'm the better and more intelligent man. big grin

quanchi112
Make better analogies.

I guess you missed the part where I admitted that was wrong.

Ad hominem attacks without addressing any of my points? Delightful. What a petulant child you are.The analogy illustrated my point. I am not looking up information to argue for the analogy. It's about time you admitted you were wrong but just admitting you were wrong isn't the point. The point is you go into threads you aren't even familiar with and are arguing for one side against another. That's a trait many fanboys possess. If you aren't familiar with both sides of a thread don't go in until you are.

I never said you did but the point is their attacks will hurt him otherwise you are arguing for complete immunity/invulnerability. So you admit his power can be exhausted/broken whatever. Thanks.

The Balrog wouldn't crush them since it's more than one foe and since they possess speed far greater than gandalf, one lone foe he couldn't get a direct hit on for over a day. Your case is hopeless and it's all biased as you freely admit you didn't watch the movie so you just argued with who you liked more or were more familiar with.

You do abc logic all the time but the fact remains anyway you look at it the Titans come out on top.

They didn't possess little daggers and their weapons were capable of defeating gods capable of far more collateral/massive destruction than your precious dopey Balrog. What weapons did the Balrog just shrug off with no damage whatsoever ?

Yes, if he fought one opponent who is far slower than one Titan who defeated the Balrog and fought him for over a day and there are dozens of them what could possibly lead you to conclusion the Titans get stomped here.

The funniest part about this whole thing is you honestly would try to calculate it out when in fiction things don't necessarily add up. We see inconsistencies all the time. We see a woman and hobbit manage to defeat the Witch King despite him defeating Gandalf despite Aragorn defeating all the Nazgul. That doesn't make sense, logically. Do you have a shred of humanity in you to understand people don't sit around with calculators trying to determine the PSI of a fall and staying consistent within the trilogy. Of course you don't.

No, I am just trying to show you their blades cut and killed someone capable of creating massive PSI damage and a tidal wave you ignorant human being. You aren't even bright enough to stay consistent within your own bs spewed right back at you.

Thanks again for admitting the guy can have his power broken/exhausted.

I'm tickled pink to hear you admit you were wrong.

This section of the board actually has maturity unlike other sections of the board with tattle tales and mods actually asking people to ignore certain posters. You should see me on other boards I am much more vulgar and verbally combative than what I am like on this part but then again you deserve it since you flame all the time yourself.
[The Titans were seen fighting Zeus in the heavens so I believe they were transported there. If they were dead for all time they wouldn't be fighting the gods after this at the end against Theseus and the gods as the credits rolled.

The guy had a torch. That's unbelievably pathetic and the woman and hobbit didn't use fire either. I also see water easily defeat them. They were pathetic combat wise. The Titans would destroy them in less than a few seconds. No, it wasn't just a numbers advantage they were almost as fast as the gods. The humans weren't even on the same page as they were but the Titans obviously were just a little behind the gods superspeed.

Man, it's such a turn on to hear you admit I'm right. Do it again and I might release.

The Titans will evade the strikes since they are far faster. If Gandalf can do so and he's one guy the balrog is focusing on and far slower how does it make sense that the Balrog starts just merking Titans left and right.

Gandalf did fight and didn't really do a good job of protecting thank goodness Legolas was there to help kill the thing.
You like rob make pre judgments on films. I like action films based off mythology and see it on that alone you need to hear five stars apparently to see it. Hey you also seem to like ponies though so your opinion is suspect to say the least.

Not. Even. Close.

Aragorn couldn't beat a Titan let alone Theseus but then again you didn't see the movie but are still here trolling on by.

But you have to factor in the PSI of the fall and the tidal wave it created. Right, dude ?

No, it doesn't. Sure it helps but the gods clearly were very powerful see Zeus' temple destroying feat or Poseidon's feat.

The cave Troll would be eviscerated by the Titans within moments. It would be a onesided stomp with ten cave trolls against the Titans in the Titans favor.

What little daggers ? You keep saying little daggers I have no idea what you even mean it seems like a poor attempt to rile up an intelligent, informed, reasonable poster.

The Titans would maul it in moments at their worst.

I agree but the Cave troll posed a threat to Gandalf as well. The Balrog while superior wasn't impressive because Gandalf himself beat it.

When you attempt humor I crine irl.

Watch the movie.

Why debate something you are entirely ignorant on ? It seems so fanboyish oh wait it is.

Yes, I am clearly very upset. Well at least you are consistent in your judgments.

They didn't just have little daggers or use little daggers. You don't know or care you just want the LOTR guy to win.

quanchi112
Hahahahaha what?

You must have absolutely no self-awareness at all to seriously believe this.

Are you aware that you are a forum pariah, considered a, in the nicest way I can phrase it, severely illogical and disingenuous poster in multiple forums?

Also, I admitted my mistake, since you know, I'm the better and more intelligent man. big grin It's true and in this thread you admit you have no idea yet argue on anyways.

Says the guy who hangs out with most of these people as his only friends on msn. I have always felt for the people shunned irl. I hope things get better.

Robtard
Why is everything about dancing with you ? It was a simple analogy and then you got angry over it.

The character that defeated the Balrog needed aid against a cave troll. I know you didn't watch the movie in like 8 years but come on already brother.

The Titans have supernatural strength obviously since humans can't even really do anything to the gods. One god took out like 8 or 9 of Hyperion's forces in what seems like less than a second based on what was going on. The only time a human killed one Titans he used the epirus bow. You're not bright.

The Balrog can't even best an old man who needed aid against one slow cave troll this thing is getting dominated by beings supernaturally strong and far too fast for the Balrog to even touch.

Despite being told, re-told, shown and re-shown, you still haven't grasped that the Balrog has super-strength in kind and wields weapons that are arguably greater than a length of chain.

Titans lose, cos they can't harm the Balrog, they can only futilely stab at its legs and probably burn themselves in the process due it's magical fire. Stop embarrassing yourself with your Immortals love and LoTR ignorance.

quanchi112
Despite being told, re-told, shown and re-shown, you still haven't grasped that the Balrog has super-strength in kind and wields weapons that are arguably greater than a length of chain.

Titans lose, cos they can't harm the Balrog, they can only futilely stab at its legs and probably burn themselves in the process due it's magical fire. Stop embarrassing yourself with your Immortals love and LoTR ignorance. The Balrog was super slow so even if I do grant you super strength it doesn't super matter.

Based off of what can't they hurt the balrog ? They hurt and were killing gods who can move far faster than a Balrog can even think.

The Balrog killed one old man who also killed him in the process. It took him over a day against one opponent far slower than one Titan yet you claim they all get beaten. Laughable.

the ninjak
The Balrog killed one old man who also killed him in the process. It took him over a day against one opponent far slower than one Titan yet you claim they all get beaten. Laughable.

Gandalf after defeating the Balrog reached the next stage of enlightenment or whatever you wanna call it.

He also hit the Balrog with lightning bolts and mana charged sword strikes + a force blast.

Don't use ABC Logic to downplay the Balrog.

The loose bits of scrap metal the Titans had to fight with are nothing but chisels when considering the bulk of the Balrogs frame + the inferno surrounding those bones.
The Titans can't jump less they lose their momentum ---not like they could anyway they have no jumping feats. They couldn;t even climb the cage before Zeus ripped the mountain apart.
They may be fast on ground but who cares. Don't ignore me. miffed

quanchi112
Gandalf after defeating the Balrog reached the next stage of enlightenment or whatever you wanna call it.

He also hit the Balrog with lightning bolts and mana charged sword strikes + a force blast.

Don't use ABC Logic to downplay the Balrog.

The loose bits of scrap metal the Titans had to fight with are nothing but chisels when considering the bulk of the Balrogs frame + the inferno surrounding those bones.
The Titans can't jump less they lose their momentum ---not like they could anyway they have no jumping feats. They couldn;t even climb the cage before Zeus ripped the mountain apart.
They may be fast on ground but who cares. Don't ignore me. miffed This is the first time you quoted me so don't ever think I'd ignore you when you quote me prepare to face the fires of Mordor.

Yes, he did have one lightning charged attack after a full's day of fighting him one on one. Gandalf died and came back because he was pushed to his limit the Titans won't be pushed to their limits.

The Balrog wasn't impressive when discussing the Titans. They were mauling gods capable of far more power than the Balrog. See the Poseidon or Zeus feat as proof.

Gandalf isn't some expert jumper nor is he anywhere near as fast as the Titans yet by himself he was good enough to solo the Balrog. Zeus was extremely fast and the fight was slowed down to show us what was happening we see how fast even the Titans were moving when Theseus was first coming to and how the Titans were blurs running out of the cage.

The Titans are too fast, too strong, and too high in numbers to lose to one Balrog who lost to one slower, far less formidable opponent in Gandalf.

the ninjak
This is the first time you quoted me so don't ever think I'd ignore you when you quote me prepare to face the fires of Mordor.

Yes, he did have one lightning charged attack after a full's day of fighting him one on one. Gandalf died and came back because he was pushed to his limit the Titans won't be pushed to their limits.

The Balrog wasn't impressive when discussing the Titans. They were mauling gods capable of far more power than the Balrog. See the Poseidon or Zeus feat as proof.

Gandalf isn't some expert jumper nor is he anywhere near as fast as the Titans yet by himself he was good enough to solo the Balrog. Zeus was extremely fast and the fight was slowed down to show us what was happening we see how fast even the Titans were moving when Theseus was first coming to and how the Titans were blurs running out of the cage.

The Titans are too fast, too strong, and too high in numbers to lose to one Balrog who lost to one slower, far less formidable opponent in Gandalf.

Yes the Titans were fast but they were also savage and bestial. It took them forever to climb that cage and attack Zeus. How long would it have taken to-
1. Watch Athena die and mope about it.
2. Get on top of the cage.
3. Think for a bit as he turned his gaze unto Poseidon being "unrealistically" overwhelmed.
4. Activate the ropes that would eventually bring the whole mountain down.
5. Gather Athena into his arms.
6. Look up to the sky and teleport out.

That's the Titan's reaction, speed and tactical ability under such a scenario. Pretty crap.

Under the current environment. A Balrog would start lashing about, carving up Titans whilst carving in their escape holes.

-Those who remain in the close confines get smashed or get stuck in their little tunnels.
-Those who attack with their metal shards run into huge legs that are consumed in furious flames. Their weapons too small to do any real damage to the creature's durability and frame.
-Those who jump to attack the creature's upper body lose their momentum and get swiped, grabbed or pounded into a wall. And even if they reached their target it could only have a small amount of effect due to what I mentioned above.
-Those stuck in the tunnels are screwed. They claw at the rocks whilst their allies fall.

The environment is pretty small and the Titans showed little to no agility.

The Titans are nothing more than ankle biters.
There is a difference between a wizard that can block all offensive strikes from a elemental and apply neccesary force back. And 30 or so Titans in a confined space with no decent weapons running through tunnels and taking snipe shots. A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

No A>B>C Logic here. Just the facts.

And lets discuss the biggest gripe of the film. The inaccuracy of Poseidon's ocean feat compared to his battle feats. A humanoid who can fly from orbit and smash into an ocean creating a tidal wave is far more powerful than the being we saw during that final fight!!!

A human being jumping from a bridge can bust his gut wide open.
A being flying at those speeds into an ocean from that height ensures his durability is far beyond being cut but random metal.
It's an inaccuracy and one I refuse to accept as an example of the God's battle feats.

Robtard
The Balrog was super slow so even if I do grant you super strength it doesn't super matter.

Based off of what can't they hurt the balrog ? They hurt and were killing gods who can move far faster than a Balrog can even think.

Point was, you still haven't deduced that that Balrog has super-duper strength, despite being told/shown multiple times.

Based on the Balrog having a very high level of durability and being on fire. It has more protection than the Titans can counter.

Downplaying Gandalf still. A fool's tactics, but it's all you have.

So tell me, the Titans are killing the Balrog by stabbing at it's fiery legs; this is how it goes down? Lol.

quanchi112
Yes the Titans were fast but they were also savage and bestial. It took them forever to climb that cage and attack Zeus. How long would it have taken to-
1. Watch Athena die and mope about it.
2. Get on top of the cage.
3. Think for a bit as he turned his gaze unto Poseidon being "unrealistically" overwhelmed.
4. Activate the ropes that would eventually bring the whole mountain down.
5. Gather Athena into his arms.
6. Look up to the sky and teleport out. No, it didn't take them forever what we see is being slowed down and is happening at a much faster pace.
1.Happens quickly.
2.Zeus is quite fast.
3.Poseidon is very fast and powerful.
4.Yes, Zeus did do so but was overwhelmed and had no choice but to teleport on out of there.
5.Happens quickly they are gods.
6.Quit being disingenuous.
Yes, and to overwhelm multiple gods is quite a feat. The Balrog fought one weaker version of Gandalf who was easily bested by Saruman. That's not impressive to say it took him over aday to die as well as exhaust Gandalf to death. No, because in a confined space it didn't carve up a much slower Gandalf who is one target not multiple.
-Based on what Balrog feats.
-Based off of what attacks which the Balrog laughed off.
-Based off of what other than a claim you can't prove. The Titans are fighting gods capable of reacting before the balrog can even think to use his fire whip.
-No, you are just saying what you think will happen but it isn't based on any evidence.
Do you know who the Titans were going up against ? You claim no agility but their reaction time would make Gandalf the White blush.
Again you are just making things up. The feats of the gods are far more impressive than anything seen by the Balrog in terms of collateral damage and yet you so easily dismiss them dominating the gods.
Gandalf didn't need much room and without his staff still managed to take on the Balrog for over a day. I'd say the Titans easily dance all over a slow lumbering foe who can't get a bead on a slow old mage.
And the Balrog is far more powerful than Saruman who bested Gandalf in moments. The gods were very powerful and far faster than any LOTR characters.

I am glad you admit to refusing to accept it. I don't refuse anything those who do are biased.

quanchi112
Point was, you still haven't deduced that that Balrog has super-duper strength, despite being told/shown multiple times.

Based on the Balrog having a very high level of durability and being on fire. It has more protection than the Titans can counter.

Downplaying Gandalf still. A fool's tactics, but it's all you have.

So tell me, the Titans are killing the Balrog by stabbing at it's fiery legs; this is how it goes down? Lol. The Balrog's strength means nothing if it can't hit it's target. It seemed to struggle against a slower opponent with all it's focus and attention to one guy as opposed to many faster foes such as the Titans here.

Based off of what ?

We see the Titans powerful enough to kill Poseidon and the damage he can cause to the ocean along with the durability of the feat. Wake up robbie.

I am simply citing what happened to Gandalf in the films. You want to ignore certain things I don't hence your bias.

The Titans destroy the Balrog's body due to their strength, insane speed, and numbers advantage.

Robtard
The Balrog's strength means nothing if it can't hit it's target. It seemed to struggle against a slower opponent with all it's focus and attention to one guy as opposed to many faster foes such as the Titans here.

Based off of what ?

We see the Titans powerful enough to kill Poseidon and the damage he can cause to the ocean along with the durability of the feat. Wake up robbie.

I am simply citing what happened to Gandalf in the films. You want to ignore certain things I don't hence your bias.

The Titans destroy the Balrog's body due to their strength, insane speed, and numbers advantage.

With 30 or so Titans running around, he's hitting some with his weapons, if only by chance, not that he actually needs to though, as they can't hurt him.

The film, maybe you should watch it as I'm tired of explaining scenes/feats to you concerning LoTR.

Probably because the Titans were the God's weakness, didn't you figure that out from the intro?

Incorrect, you're implying Gandalf is just some old geezer while ignoring his abilities and the feats he survived. It's all you have.

It took a magical blade/magic to harm/kill the Balrog and after days and days of fighting. Are the Titan's weapons magical? Are they resistance to fire as Gandalf is?

the ninjak
No, it didn't take them forever what we see is being slowed down and is happening at a much faster pace.
1.Happens quickly.
2.Zeus is quite fast.
3.Poseidon is very fast and powerful.
4.Yes, Zeus did do so but was overwhelmed and had no choice but to teleport on out of there.
5.Happens quickly they are gods.
6.Quit being disingenuous.

Oh my god the time it took Zeus to look at Poseidon while he (oh my god, got his leg cut.) Should've been enough time for the Titans to swarm Zeus but NO.

Yes, and to overwhelm multiple gods is quite a feat. The Balrog fought one weaker version of Gandalf who was easily bested by Saruman. That's not impressive to say it took him over aday to die as well as exhaust Gandalf to death. No, because in a confined space it didn't carve up a much slower Gandalf who is one target not multiple.
You keep comparing this fight to the Balrog's fight with Gandalf. Gandalf displayed particular feats. As I mentioned that could take the Balrog down. The Titans never showed such feats.

-Based on what Balrog feats.
-Based off of what attacks which the Balrog laughed off.
-Based off of what other than a claim you can't prove. The Titans are fighting gods capable of reacting before the balrog can even think to use his fire whip.
-No, you are just saying what you think will happen but it isn't based on any evidence.
Do you know who the Titans were going up against ? You claim no agility but their reaction time would make Gandalf the White blush.
Again you are just making things up. The feats of the gods are far more impressive than anything seen by the Balrog in terms of collateral damage and yet you so easily dismiss them dominating the gods.
Gandalf didn't need much room and without his staff still managed to take on the Balrog for over a day. I'd say the Titans easily dance all over a slow lumbering foe who can't get a bead on a slow old mage.
And the Balrog is far more powerful than Saruman who bested Gandalf in moments. The gods were very powerful and far faster than any LOTR characters.

I am glad you admit to refusing to accept it. I don't refuse anything those who do are biased.

Based on Logic.
More ABC Logic. And no real Logic.

1.Saruman defeated Gandalf because it was Sarumans time and place of power. Gandalf had to search deep inside to achieve the next level.
2.Your arguments mean that any speedster can beat a larger brick. Which is wrong on every scale.
3.Thinking that the Balrog's attacks can't break stone when it can survive the offensive damage it received is also nuts.

Your points haven't deterred me in the slightest.

Am I really making things up when I look at the size of the creature. And register its durability. See the offensive potential it has and apply it to these Titans? Maybe. But all the Titans have is speed. And it isn't enough.

quanchi112
With 30 or so Titans running around, he's hitting some with his weapons, if only by chance, not that he actually needs to though, as they can't hurt him.

The film, maybe you should watch it as I'm tired of explaining scenes/feats to you concerning LoTR.

Probably because the Titans were the God's weakness, didn't you figure that out from the intro?

Incorrect, you're implying Gandalf is just some old geezer while ignoring his abilities and the feats he survived. It's all you have.

It took a magical blade/magic to harm/kill the Balrog and after days and days of fighting. Are the Titan's weapons magical? Are they resistance to fire as Gandalf is? They are too fast for his attacks. His attacks weren't even good enough to hit and kill gandalf.

Concession accepted.

They weren't the gods weakness they were simply powerful enough to kill each other. Nowhere are they described as their weakness. Then again you didn't see the film just the preview.

I am saying he is an old man and that he's struggled against a cave troll and was handily routed by Saruman. Those are facts.

The Titans are powerful enough to kill gods who are far more powerful and fast for the balrog. What does magic have to do with anything ? Honestly try to make sense.

The fire won't touch them just like it didn't touch gandalf.

Robtard
They are too fast for his attacks. His attacks weren't even good enough to hit and kill gandalf.

Concession accepted.

They weren't the gods weakness they were simply powerful enough to kill each other. Nowhere are they described as their weakness. Then again you didn't see the film just the preview.

I am saying he is an old man and that he's struggled against a cave troll and was handily routed by Saruman. Those are facts.

The Titans are powerful enough to kill gods who are far more powerful and fast for the balrog. What does magic have to do with anything ? Honestly try to make sense.

The fire won't touch them just like it didn't touch gandalf.

Like flies and a fly swatter, chance gives you hits. It's not like the Titans were tactical geniuses, then literally ran in for the slaughter, as most cannon fodder do in films. Watch the clip I posted again. Watch it twice.

Funny, you've failed to prove a single point of yours.

Yeah, you didn't pay attention in the intro, despite paying to see Immortals twice by your own accounts. I was smart enough to download it. It was to illustrate that the "Immortals" really weren't invincible.

Yet ignore everything else he did/feats.

Again, didn't pay attention in LoTR, Balrog can't be harmed my standard weapons. Gandalf used magic.

LoL,so they'll someone get close enough to stab it's legs yet avoid the fire/heat that its body is made of?

More ignorance from you, Gandalf is immune to fire, we see this at least twice in the LoTR films.

quanchi112
Oh my god the time it took Zeus to look at Poseidon while he (oh my god, got his leg cut.) Should've been enough time for the Titans to swarm Zeus but NO. They did eventually swarm him and he teleported. He knew he couldn't beat them hence the temple destroying feat.

Gandalf also avoided the Balrog's attacks and you haven't proven the Titans can't hurt the Balrog.

Numbers, faster, hurt gods who were more powerful than the Balrog. It's simple.
1.Saruman beat him with bruising and weak tk attacks. It was a pathetic battle and no real power behind the fight. Yet in short order Saruman waxed him. You also have no proof he needs to dig in deep to find his next level.
2.No, my argument is they speedsters beat this brick. If this thing hadn't failed to kill Gandalf in 24 hours but that's so pathetic especially when considering Saruman easily bested him in moments it loses all credibility.
3.The Balrog won't hit the Titans I am not saying they can laugh off Balrog strikes.
No, they have speed and strength.

quanchi112
Like flies and a fly swatter, chance gives you hits. It's not like the Titans were tactical geniuses, then literally ran in for the slaughter, as most cannon fodder do in films. Watch the clip I posted again. Watch it twice.

Funny, you've failed to prove a single point of yours.

Yeah, you didn't pay attention in the intro, despite paying to see Immortals twice by your own accounts. I was smart enough to download it. It was to illustrate that the "Immortals" really weren't invincible.

Yet ignore everything else he did/feats.

Again, didn't pay attention in LoTR, Balrog can't be harmed my standard weapons. Gandalf used magic.

LoL,so they'll someone get close enough to stab it's legs yet avoid the fire/heat that its body is made of?

More ignorance from you, Gandalf is immune to fire, we see this at least twice in the LoTR films. They were winning no they were stomping the gods hence Zeus' retreat. LOL.

I never said they were invincible. I said they were both powerful enough to kill each other. That's it which the intro clearly backs up.

I didn't ignore anything. You mean I didn't emphasize them try and use the correct wordage.

So if someone has a really powerful, huge sword it can't hurt the balrog because you say so. The group couldn't defeat the Balrog not the Titans who are supernatural beings with speed and strength to match.

Gandalf might have magical protection but the man can't jump into pits of fire on his own and expect not to burn. You are such a fanboy of the LOTR.

Titans win. You can't kill what you can't touch.

Robtard
They were winning no they were stomping the gods hence Zeus' retreat. LOL.

I never said they were invincible. I said they were both powerful enough to kill each other. That's it which the intro clearly backs up.

I didn't ignore anything. You mean I didn't emphasize them try and use the correct wordage.

So if someone has a really powerful, huge sword it can't hurt the balrog because you say so. The group couldn't defeat the Balrog not the Titans who are supernatural beings with speed and strength to match.

Gandalf might have magical protection but the man can't jump into pits of fire on his own and expect not to burn. You are such a fanboy of the LOTR.

Titans win. You can't kill what you can't touch.

Non sequitur response. Ignoring. The Titans' tactics are to rush in, just accept it.

Awesome, they're powerful beings, no one said they weren't. The question is whether the Titans with their little blades can harm the Balrog considering it's size, durability and it's fire (they can't). When we know the Balrog can demolish them should it hit, that and it's body is a weapon in of itself.

Incorrect. You continually ignore or downplay Gandalf's greater feats in some attempt to lesson the Balrog.

It's for you to prove the Titans' weapons can harm the Balrog, when we know non-magical weapons don't work against the Balrog, we see its high-level of durability and it took magic to brign it down. So go, prove it.

Nice strawman, lol. Gandalf is immune to fire, we see at least twice in films, ergo, why he didn't burn when he was on the Balrog. It's for you to prove the Titans are immune it the Balrog's fiery body. So go, prove it.

quanchi112
Non sequitur response. Ignoring. The Titans' tactics are to rush in, just accept it.

Awesome, they're powerful beings, no one said they weren't. The question is whether the Titans with their little blades can harm the Balrog considering it's size, durability and it's fire (they can't). When we know the Balrog can demolish them should it hit, that and it's body is a weapon in of itself.

Incorrect. You continually ignore or downplay Gandalf's greater feats in some attempt to lesson the Balrog.

It's for you to prove the Titans' weapons can harm the Balrog, when we know non-magical weapons don't work against the Balrog, we see its high-level of durability and it took magic to brign it down. So go, prove it.

Nice strawman, lol. Gandalf is immune to fire, we see at least twice in films, ergo, why he didn't burn when he was on the Balrog. It's for you to prove the Titans are immune it the Balrog's fiery body. So go, prove it. Yes, they will rush in and inflict damage until the Balrog dies. What is it you think I've been claiming ?

So you don't see the Balrog and the Titans speed as being even an issue you just see Titan after Titan falling despite crushing the gods. Good to know.

I look at Gandal fin his totality so I don't just look at him bringing down the Balrog I look at what he struggled against and what defeated him you look at just one fight and forget the rest. You're biased I'm just simply awesome and objective.

You can't prove it, genius. You can't prove whether or not a lightsaber can cut through the ring of power either it's to subjective and comparing two different things from different universes.

Let me ask you something. Do you think the Titans are stronger than the party which accompanied Gandalf against the Balrog ?

He uses his magical enchantments. The guy isn't immune to fire it seems you have no idea about how these things even work. LOL.

NemeBro
The analogy illustrated my point. I am not looking up information to argue for the analogy. It's about time you admitted you were wrong but just admitting you were wrong isn't the point. The point is you go into threads you aren't even familiar with and are arguing for one side against another. That's a trait many fanboys possess. If you aren't familiar with both sides of a thread don't go in until you are.

Your point was an idiot.

And more ad hominem attacks without really arguing anything. What a sour grape you can be.

It can be broken by a more powerful wizard. Something the Titans are not.

Not sure how any of this relates to the Balrog.

He fought Gandalf in an open space (And was in fact able to get direct hits on him, as shown during the freefall), and Gandalf has magical means to protect himself, such as shields. We have seen this. The Titans are just sort of fast with no notable amount of strength, wielding shitty weapons and are in a small space. To be honest? The Balrog could bring the walls down on them in the place they fought the gods.

Afraid not, on both counts. For instance, I think the Balrog would beat Saruman, who beat Gandalf (Not easily, mind you), because Saruman seems to be less of a martial combatant than Gandalf.

Technically correct, in that some were armed with something besides wittle daggers. But they aren't armed with anything impressive.

Looking at the video now, some of them were armed with nothing more than a ****ing rock. no expression And what appears to be at best a little metal spike, at worst a sharp stick. erm None of their weaponry is impressive, all looks, as ninjak has been saying, scavenged from the floor.

The gods don't appear durable at all, being killed by some pretty unimpressive weaponry, and with seemingly only one impressive feat, that is not a durability feat.

The Balrog fell a multi-kilometer fall (And considering the size of it, it would hit the ground with much more force than something human-sized), and sword strikes from Gandalf, while capably of cutting it, could not do much damage alone.

Gandalf can block attacks in ways the Titans can not. In this battlefield, the Balrog can bring down the walls on top of them.

I'm sorry, but while you may not be able to understand this, calculating feats reasonably is a far more reliable method to get an idea of the relative powers of characters from different verses rather than going by personal interpretation, which is unreliable and leads to some derpy shit.

Said Hobbit snuck up on the Witch King and stabbed him with a (Magic, I think? Might be confusing the movie with the books) dagger.

Also, humanity? Are you trying to take some kind of moral stance against me for implementing calculations? laughing

Lol, give me a feat from Poseidon that isn't creating a tidal wave. The gods were shitty in that battle, comparitively.

Well considering I never said he couldn't...

I don't want to hear about the kind of sick shit you do in your free time.

So maturity = Ad hominem attacks and butthurt raging?

You have been led to believe some strange things.

I will get someone to verify that second part.

The Lich King was incapable of being killed by a man, it had to be a woman to do so.

Not sure how any of this has anything to do with the Balrog though.

The Titans were getting blitzed and torn to pieces by the gods individually.

I never argued the point, so I'm not sure why you're so excited to hear it.

Are you so traumatised by being wrong so often that being right at anything gives you a sexual thrill?

No. Physically, what you are suggesting is impossible, there are too many Titans in too small an area to evade everything.

I'd love to prove you wrong, but I can't seem to find a decent video of the cave troll fight, for some reason. Gandalf did little in the fight, and did not release his full power regardless.

Not really. Chronicles of Riddick didn't do so well critically. I loved it.

I was actually interested in Immortals... Until I saw that really lame fight scene Robtard posted.

Also, the Titans in the movie ****ing suck. I love fiction based on mythology, hence being a fan of God of War, but those Titans are ****ing garbage to the extreme, the Titans in God of War or ****ing Disney's Hercules are far more impressive. Same with the gods, really.

I am pretty confident when I say My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, has far better writing than Immortals.

And that they have at least one character who can beat all of the Titans and gods at once. eek!

Obviously you are incorrect.

Irrelevant to this thread, but it is so cute how you almost acknowledge your feeble argument by trying to sidetrack me.

Well no, for the same reason Poseidon from God of War diving into the water was not a durability feat.

I'll get back to you on Zeus' temple destroying feat, but Poseidon creating a tidal wave clearly doesn't translate into impressive combat abilities.

NemeBro
No it wouldn't, and once more, you are trying to sidetrack me. Stop silly boy.

The best weapon they have appears to be a rusty bronze bar with a slab of metal on the end, used as a mace. no expression Their weapons are shit.

All of them might beat the Cave Troll, maybe, but many would die as well. smile

At no point was Gandalf in danger against the troll.

I wasn't joking.

What a cop-out.

I am challenging you to provide the feats that enable the Titans to kill the Balrog.

Sadly, it appears you are incapable of this...

I can smell the butthurt.

Their weaponry seems to consists of rusted, scrap-metal clubs, shivs, and rocks. That's not exactly an impressive arsenal.

NemeBro
It's true and in this thread you admit you have no idea yet argue on anyways.

Says the guy who hangs out with most of these people as his only friends on msn. I have always felt for the people shunned irl. I hope things get better. I am learning more and more that the Titans are not impressive. Sorry, but my internet reputation is obviously far better than your's. Happy Dance

Ah, now you make assumptions about my life outside the forum. What a sad clown you are, yes I have people on this forum I talk to on MSN, but I also know people IRL as well, silly little girl.

NemeBro
4. Activate the ropes that would eventually bring the whole mountain down. This interests me.

Can you elaborate on this?

Robtard
Yes, they will rush in and inflict damage until the Balrog dies. What is it you think I've been claiming ?

So you don't see the Balrog and the Titans speed as being even an issue you just see Titan after Titan falling despite crushing the gods. Good to know.

I look at Gandal fin his totality so I don't just look at him bringing down the Balrog I look at what he struggled against and what defeated him you look at just one fight and forget the rest. You're biased I'm just simply awesome and objective.

You can't prove it, genius. You can't prove whether or not a lightsaber can cut through the ring of power either it's to subjective and comparing two different things from different universes.

Let me ask you something. Do you think the Titans are stronger than the party which accompanied Gandalf against the Balrog ?

He uses his magical enchantments. The guy isn't immune to fire it seems you have no idea about how these things even work. LOL.

You've yet to prove they could harm the Balrog to begin with.

Speed is a superb advantage to have, but considering the Titans can't harm the Balrog, speed matters not.

Greatest feats, learn it, follow it.

It's not for me to prove it, scalpel. It's on you. You can't, so you dance. Balrog is immune to normal weapons, as stated. Titans seem to use non-magical weapons, useless you have something.

Now you're dancing again. He wasn't burned, cos he's immune as seen. I never commented if it was magic, an item or a natural ability. What you still dodge, the Titans being immune or not to the Balrog's fire. Dodger.

Nephthys
Where exactly are they fighting? Is there anything the Titans could use to defeat the Balrog via the environment, such as pushing him off a bridge or something.

NemeBro
I was under the impression that the fight took place where they fought the gods.

the ninjak
I was under the impression that the fight took place where they fought the gods.

It is.

quanchi112
Your point was an idiot.

And more ad hominem attacks without really arguing anything. What a sour grape you can be.
Your point was an idiot. Sometimes I wonder who helps you out with most of your incomplete nonsensical statements but I will assume your mother was at work for this one. Wah.
The Titans hurt far more powerful characters than the Balrog. You can't prove the Balrog can shrug off attacks that can kill powerful gods who'd rape the Balrog. Conclusion: Titans win.

I understand Gandalf has magical means but I've seen those means fail against Saruman and the Witch King. Both characters have been humiliated/defeated by far less than the Titans. So despite the sea god creating a tidal wave and the fact the Titans mercilessly slaughtered him and his friends that isn't proof now.....well color you biased.

You have no proof the Balrog could best Saruman. None at all. Just because Saruman didn't get into a sword fight doesn't mean he lacks the skills it just means we didn't see it on screen. Try and think.

So despite them killing gods you dismiss all of that and say they weren't armed with anything impressive ignoring the fact a dagger critically wounded Saruman who bested Gandalf who stalemated the Balrog. Interesting.

Forget about the fact they are killing gods just pretend it's sticks and random rocks. You're so simple. I kinda enjoy your simplicity. Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Forget about the tidal wave feat or Zeus' strength feat. They in your mind are weak gods killed by random twigs and pebbles.

We didn't see the balrog hit the ground or anything so we can't assume and Poseidon didn't have any damage and created a greater force than anything 10 Balrogs could create working in unison. Gandalf did do damage but not enough to defeat it but then again the weak Balrog couldn't hurt him either despite all his attention against a feeble old man.

Why block attacks when you can dodge ? Seriously, please don't respond on your own these responses aren't well thought out.

The Balrog isn't going to and the quicker gods were getting routed and on a last ditch effort did so.

You can't calculate it and most of the time are ignoring their portrayal and the inconsistent nature of what does hurt them. smile

Yes, a hobbit and a woman bested him. Aragorn bested him and other Nazgul with a torch and a sword. How impressive the guy who owned Gandalf is.
Just laughing at your methods.

So you ignore the feat and want more ? The feat happened and is canon. The Titans were strong enough to hurt someone capable of that kind of mass destruction.

Just log into msn and retreat to your friends.
You're so emotional. Please compose yourself.
That's the problem you don't know enough about and started trolling without even being familiar with the subject matter.

Because the gods are slightly faster and aren't feral like the Titans.

I love hearing you admit your wrong.

It's just enjoyable for you to admit you were wrong to me. I eat it up. smile

Why not ? There are too many to make a difference to the Balrog even dwindling their numbers.

Yes, he did little despite his friends lives being on the line. The guy helps out here and there and gets embarrassed throughout the films multiple times. Quit clinging to his Balrog fight.

It was ok. I see the movie I don't take another man's opinion into account. I am my own man you aren't. It's cool.

Also, the Titans in the movie ****ing suck. I love fiction based on mythology, hence being a fan of God of War, but those Titans are ****ing garbage to the extreme, the Titans in God of War or ****ing Disney's Hercules are far more impressive. Same with the gods, really.

I am pretty confident when I say My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, has far better writing than Immortals.

And that they have at least one character who can beat all of the Titans and gods at once. eek! I don't care what else you like you didn't see the movie yet are saying they are garbage. I don't respect ignorance.

More ignorance.

More ignorance.

You admitted you were wrong in this very thread I am not wrong and won't lie to appease your fragile psyche.

Your opinion is irrelevant to the thread. You don't know enough you keep saying wait until someone else tells me. That's sad.

I know nothing counts unless you say so. LOL.

Sure, get back to me when you aren't as ignorant.

quanchi112
No it wouldn't, and once more, you are trying to sidetrack me. Stop silly boy.

Why not ? Are you saying their weapons won't harm it or are you saying they aren't fast enough to dance all around it ? Which is it ? Yeah, just random clubs and pebbles they found on the ground. Good one. To kill the gods how can you claim they are shit. Look at Gandalf's sword and staff which was easily broken later on.

So, you call yourself intelligent and say they might beat one cave troll. laughing out loud

His friends were in trouble that's weak offensive capabilities if he can't save his friends from a slow idiotic cave troll. I know. I feel kinda bad for you.

Says the guy who argues threads he isn't aware of.

Points to the gods feats which are far more impressive than the Balrog's and laughs at you. What attacks did the Balrog resist again ?

The only butthurt you smell is from your own backside.

Better than a crappy magical staff easily broken by the Witch King and some random sword which didn't break against the Balrog.

What weapon broke off against his skin ?

quanchi112
I am learning more and more that the Titans are not impressive. Sorry, but my internet reputation is obviously far better than your's. Happy Dance

Ah, now you make assumptions about my life outside the forum. What a sad clown you are, yes I have people on this forum I talk to on MSN, but I also know people IRL as well, silly little girl. Please just grab a kleenex and continue on. Don't try to turn this into anything other than the debate. I don't want to hear about your life.

You've yet to prove they could harm the Balrog to begin with.

Speed is a superb advantage to have, but considering the Titans can't harm the Balrog, speed matters not.

Greatest feats, learn it, follow it.

It's not for me to prove it, scalpel. It's on you. You can't, so you dance. Balrog is immune to normal weapons, as stated. Titans seem to use non-magical weapons, useless you have something.

Now you're dancing again. He wasn't burned, cos he's immune as seen. I never commented if it was magic, an item or a natural ability. What you still dodge, the Titans being immune or not to the Balrog's fire. Dodger. Gandalf harmed the Balrog with a sword. It didn't break off so please back up the claim they can't hurt him.

You need to prove they can't hurt the Balrog. It's your claim.

And I look at other feats. Greatest feats are gods creating tidal waves and bringing down temples. The Titans were slaughtering them. This is fun.

Gandalf's normal sword sure seemed to hurt him. The fellowship wasn't up to par here because the fellowship was rather weak. The Titans aren't weak.

Since when was it ever stated you need magical weapons to kill the Balrog by your logic an a bomb wouldn't hurt it. laughing out loud

He used shields. Without his staff or his powers he isn't immune to fire. LOL. Cite evidence that states he's immune to fire. Wow.

Robtard

Gandalf harmed the Balrog with a sword. It didn't break off so please back up the claim they can't hurt him.

You need to prove they can't hurt the Balrog. It's your claim.

And I look at other feats. Greatest feats are gods creating tidal waves and bringing down temples. The Titans were slaughtering them. This is fun.

Gandalf's normal sword sure seemed to hurt him. The fellowship wasn't up to par here because the fellowship was rather weak. The Titans aren't weak.

Since when was it ever stated you need magical weapons to kill the Balrog by your logic an a bomb wouldn't hurt it. laughing out loud

He used shields. Without his staff or his powers he isn't immune to fire. LOL. Cite evidence that states he's immune to fire. Wow.

He harmed/killed it via magic. Pay attention when you watch the LoTR youtube clips.

Fellowship/Gandalf proves mere weapons are useless against the Balrog. Pay attention.

Posiondon's tidal wave ability means what here? Make a case. Zeus having a high level of strength in bringing down the mountain means what to your argument when the Titans didn't harm him, he escaped. Did you not pay attention to the fight?

Watch the damn film, Gandalf clearly stated that normal weapons are useless against it. This is basic LoTR film knowledge.

LoL, a strawman tactic. Ignoring. Another dodge, lol. Repeat: prove the Titans can get close to the Balrog without burning from its flames using movie feats from them.

Pwned
Look, Quanchi, it is like this: The only time the gods died they were either distracted or looking away. Kills form behind don't constitute a great feat. And the blurs they were to Theseus? Well, a head injury can mess with your vision.

quanchi112
He harmed/killed it via magic. Pay attention when you watch the LoTR youtube clips.

Fellowship/Gandalf proves mere weapons are useless against the Balrog. Pay attention.

Posiondon's tidal wave ability means what here? Make a case. Zeus having a high level of strength in bringing down the mountain means what to your argument when the Titans didn't harm him, he escaped. Did you not pay attention to the fight?

Watch the damn film, Gandalf clearly stated that normal weapons are useless against it. This is basic LoTR film knowledge.

LoL, a strawman tactic. Ignoring. Another dodge, lol. Repeat: prove the Titans can get close to the Balrog without burning from its flames using movie feats from them. So you're saying anything nonmagical can't hurt it. Prove it. smile

No, since we see Gandalf strike him with just his sword the fellowship was useless here despite one member faring better against multiple Nazgul than just Gandalf the White.

It shows how powerful the gods are. The Titans were wrecking them Zeus included. He left because he was dead had he stayed. It's that simple.

Despite him using a regular sword. The point was his fellowship would only get killed as they were weak unlike the Titans.

Prove the Balrog can burst anyone into flames in close proximity. You made the claim now back it up.Originally posted by Pwned
Look, Quanchi, it is like this: The only time the gods died they were either distracted or looking away. Kills form behind don't constitute a great feat. And the blurs they were to Theseus? Well, a head injury can mess with your vision. They weren't looking away they were getting killed in combat. In battle kills count. It was war and the Titans had numbers and were mauling them.

It's clear the gods were too fast for mortals to ever really track a bead on yet the Titans were killing them. 2+2=4.

Pwned
Funny thing, I never said they didn't count. I said they weren't a great feat, since they were from behind or while they were distracted. Athena was looking a different direction. Dude, any time a god died, it was a stab in the back that caused it. Besides, you are comparing these guys to who slaughtered them. Your logic is coming across as "Ok, so they are very fast. The gods slaughtered them, but they managed to kill 4 of them. So therefore, they are very very powerful because of how powerful the gods are." Face the fact, if the gods hadn't been stabbed from behind, they would have continued killing Titans. And they aren't that fast when not running.

Go watch what happened to Theseus. The dude took a massive blow to the head, probably had a fracture or two and a concussion.

quanchi112
Funny thing, I never said they didn't count. I said they weren't a great feat, since they were from behind or while they were distracted. Athena was looking a different direction. Dude, any time a god died, it was a stab in the back that caused it. Besides, you are comparing these guys to who slaughtered them. Your logic is coming across as "Ok, so they are very fast. The gods slaughtered them, but they managed to kill 4 of them. So therefore, they are very very powerful because of how powerful the gods are." Face the fact, if the gods hadn't been stabbed from behind, they would have continued killing Titans. And they aren't that fast when not running.

Go watch what happened to Theseus. The dude took a massive blow to the head, probably had a fracture or two and a concussion. Yes, but the Titans had the speed and power to kill them unlike human beings who despite the skill we had seen weren't anywhere near as formidable as the gods or the titans.

Yes, and watch every scene with the gods and how humans can't even really react to them. The titans were domianting a group of them with speed like that.

Robtard
So you're saying anything nonmagical can't hurt it. Prove it. smile

No, since we see Gandalf strike him with just his sword the fellowship was useless here despite one member faring better against multiple Nazgul than just Gandalf the White.

It shows how powerful the gods are. The Titans were wrecking them Zeus included. He left because he was dead had he stayed. It's that simple.

Despite him using a regular sword. The point was his fellowship would only get killed as they were weak unlike the Titans.

Prove the Balrog can burst anyone into flames in close proximity. You made the claim now back it up.

It's been proven already: Gandalf's words to his team concerning their weapons being of no use against the Balrog.

Gandalf took the Balrog down with magic, it's right in the film.

So you don't really have an argument here, you just spout "the gods were powerful" ad vomitum.

LoL, "prove fire burns!?", incredible ignorance from you. I don't have to prove the Balrog burns, as it's made in part of fire and we clearly see this and what its fire did to the rock it tore through, genius. It's for you to prove that the Titans wouldn't be burned by said fires should they come in for a melee attack, as fire burns. But you can't; why you dodged the question for the 5th time now. Concession accepted, dodger.

quanchi112
It's been proven already: Gandalf's words to his team concerning their weapons being of no use against the Balrog.

So you don't really have an argument here, you just spout "the gods were powerful" ad vomitum.

LoL, "prove fire burns!?", incredible ignorance from you. I don't have to prove the Balrog burns, as it's made in part of fire and we clearly see this and what its fire did to the rock it tore through, genius. It's for you to prove that the Titans wouldn't be burned by said fires should they come in for a melee attack, as fire burns. But you can't; why you dodged the question for the 5th time now. Concession accepted, dodger. Gandal fused a normal sword to strike him. The team wasn't formidable I mean did you see how combined they struggled to bring down a cave troll.

The gods feats speak for themselves. I know they don't count since you don't like them.

Gandalf has magical enchantments to protect him with his staff. Prove anyone just starts burning from touching the Balrog. Prove it.

Gandalf stabbed him and didn't burn just fine. Watch the movie, new guy.

This preview debating of yours has got to stop.

Robtard
Gandal fused a normal sword to strike him. The team wasn't formidable I mean did you see how combined they struggled to bring down a cave troll.

The gods feats speak for themselves. I know they don't count since you don't like them.

Gandalf has magical enchantments to protect him with his staff. Prove anyone just starts burning from touching the Balrog. Prove it.

Gandalf stabbed him and didn't burn just fine. Watch the movie, new guy.

This preview debating of yours has got to stop.

LoL, "prove fire burns!?", incredible ignorance from you. I don't have to prove the Balrog burns, as it's made in part of fire and we clearly see this and what its fire did to the rock it tore through, genius.
Gandalf wasn't burned, cos he's immune as seen. I never commented if it was magic, an item or a natural ability.
you dodged the question for the 5th6th time now. Concession accepted, dodger.

quanchi112
So back up your claims that only magic can defeat the Balrog ? So biased and devoid of all logic and reason but I guess I have my work cut out for me regarding you.

Pwned
Uh, you realize you just said Gandalf had magical protection from fire, and then you went right back around saying it cant burn people because he wasn't burned, right?

Anyways, your saying the guys who took on armies of orcs, uruk-hai, mumakil, and goblins are not formidable because they had trouble bringing down a cave troll that was running around and trying to kill them?
ROTK, Aragorn duels a troll one on one and blocks a downward swing.
ROTK, Legolas climbs the arrows in the leg of a charging Mumakil to kill it with ashot at the base of the skull.
Ever heard of PIS? Yeah, it was like that. Even the best of characters can be subjected to it for the sake of a dramatic fight scene.

quanchi112
Uh, you realize you just said Gandalf had magical protection from fire, and then you went right back around saying it cant burn people because he wasn't burned, right?

Anyways, your saying the guys who took on armies of orcs, uruk-hai, mumakil, and goblins are not formidable because they had trouble bringing down a cave troll that was running around and trying to kill them?
ROTK, Aragorn duels a troll one on one and blocks a downward swing.
ROTK, Legolas climbs the arrows in the leg of a charging Mumakil to kill it with ashot at the base of the skull.
Ever heard of PIS? Yeah, it was like that. Even the best of characters can be subjected to it for the sake of a dramatic fight scene. Yes, he does have magical enchantments with his staff to be able to resist. I already said that.

They took down random fodder with gigantic armies of their own. One slow lumbering troll makes them look bad. We see why Gandalf didn't want them to take on the Balrog.

People usually try to excuse bad showings because of personal bias. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

Pwned
Re-read my post, and you'll see the problem. You claimed the balrog's flames can't hurt people because he didn't burn Gandalf, but you had said it didn't burn Gandalf because he had magical protection, I.E., the flames would have burned him otherwise.
All Theseus took down was random fodder. All the gods killed was random fodder, it just happens to be that you praise their killing of them because they are faster than humans. Big whoop.

And it's my interpretation it was PIS, they could easily have killed that troll, just look at the rest of their feats. Besides, watch the scene again. That thing is just smashing around everywhere, moving targets, especially erratic ones, are harder to hit.

And by the logic you seem to want to use, a cave troll, completely random one, would kill the balrog since Gandalf needed help to kill it but not the balrog. At least, that's the message I am getting from you.

quanchi112
Re-read my post, and you'll see the problem. You claimed the balrog's flames can't hurt people because he didn't burn Gandalf, but you had said it didn't burn Gandalf because he had magical protection, I.E., the flames would have burned him otherwise.
All Theseus took down was random fodder. All the gods killed was random fodder, it just happens to be that you praise their killing of them because they are faster than humans. Big whoop.

And it's my interpretation it was PIS, they could easily have killed that troll, just look at the rest of their feats. Besides, watch the scene again. That thing is just smashing around everywhere, moving targets, especially erratic ones, are harder to hit.

And by the logic you seem to want to use, a cave troll, completely random one, would kill the balrog since Gandalf needed help to kill it but not the balrog. At least, that's the message I am getting from you. He lost his staff and I believe that's where his protection comes from.

Titans aren't random fodder and the Balrog didn't kill anyone really save an exhausted Gandalf who was crushed bu Saruman.

You can continue to ignore what happens because you want to pretend it didn't happen. That's called avoiding the issue.

No, I am saying the group was obviously weak because they struggled with a cave troll. The Titans would slaughter the cave troll in moments.

KingD19
His power comes from being a godly being on a level slightly lower than Sauron. He may have focused his powers through his staff, but if his powers came from the staff, anybody could pick it up and be Gandalf.

the ninjak
The staff must be a totem. Everything Gandalf can do comes from himself.
Kinda like a Shaman. If an average person picked up the staff I'm sure it would just be a stick.

Unless it was stated otherwise.

Robtard
He lost his staff and I believe that's where his protection comes from.

LoL. If someone watched the film and paid attention, he would have seen that when Gandalf was fighting the Balrog and riding it during the free-fall, he no longer had his staff and he didn't burn.

His protection from fire isn't due to his staff. Watch the film; then comment. Stop embarrassing yourself, it's 2012 now, I know you can do it.

KingD19
Rob's right. I totally forgot that he lost his staff on the way down. All he had was himself and his sword.

dadudemon
Whatever is being argued, Quanchi is most likely correct.

LoL. If someone watched the film and paid attention, he would have seen that when Gandalf was fighting the Balrog and riding it during the free-fall, he no longer had his staff and he didn't burn.

His protection from fire isn't due to his staff. Watch the film; then comment. Stop embarrassing yourself, it's 2012 now, I know you can do it.

Quanchi is correct: the staff is used to create that shield he made on the pass: the Balrog destroyed it with a single blow. Gandalf appears to have some firemage abilities, too, on top of his ability to make a shield with his staff. So you are also correct about his fire-resistance.

Gandalf defeated the Balrog with a lightning infused sword. He stabbed ol' Balroggy in the chest with that lightning powered sword. That was Gandalf's single biggest and most destructive magical feat: harnessing lightning and turning his magical sword into an ultra-capacitor.

Of note: he did not shoot the lightning from his sword: he stabbed with it. That's a detriment to Gandalf against a distance fighter or a fast fighter. Does that change the direction of the thread?

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Whatever is being argued, Quanchi is most likely correct.

Quanchi is correct: the staff is used to create that shield he made on the pass: the Balrog destroyed it with a single blow. Gandalf appears to have some firemage abilities, too, on top of his ability to make a shield with his staff. So you are also correct about his fire-resistance.

Gandalf defeated the Balrog with a lightning infused sword. He stabbed ol' Balroggy in the chest with that lightning powered sword. That was Gandalf's single biggest and most destructive magical feat: harnessing lightning and turning his magical sword into an ultra-capacitor.

Of note: he did not shoot the lightning from his sword: he stabbed with it. That's a detriment to Gandalf against a distance fighter or a fast fighter. Does that change the direction of the thread?
Lol, trying to be devil's advocate again, eh. Stop.

That's not the issue here, dude. We're arguing Gandalf's ability to resist flames specifically, ie why he didn't burn while he was falling/fighting and riding the Balrog. Not his shield making abilities while on the bridge. In the falling scene, Gandalf didn't have his staff, so his fire-resistance isn't dependent on him having his staff on hand. (but you already knew this)

So far it's been dodged/danced around in how the Titans are going to deal with the Balrog's flaming body/heat when they have to go and try and stab it with their little blades.

NemeBro
I don't get how what dadudemon just said supported quanchi's argument...?

Pwned
It.... Kinda does? I can barely make sense of it. Though it actually did shoot the lightning, you can notice a gap between the lunging and unarmed balrogs chest and Glamdring.

KingD19
It's obvious though if you read the books that Gandalf is more than his weapons. He may have used them to help strengthen or focus his abilities/powers, but it was him that summoned and used the power in the first place. To say otherwise is foolish.

NemeBro
Nah, no books for proof man.

I mean, I'd love to have mountain destroying Gandalf as much as anyone, but it didn't happen in the movie. sad

KingD19
I didn't mean all the feats he had in the book. I meant about him being a heavenly being like Saruman and Sauron(although a lower level than him). And his powers coming from him, not his weapons.

Pwned
He does have a point, it does show Gandalf using magic without his staff.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>