Sinestro vs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Who wins?

zopzop
If the Ring energies fall within the EM Spectrum, Quasar destroys him. If the Ring energies are outside the EM Spectrum, Sinestro destroys him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Sinestro destroys him.

Correct.

Cogito
Sinestro

cdtm
If the Ring energies fall within the EM Spectrum, Quasar destroys him. If the Ring energies are outside the EM Spectrum, Sinestro destroys him.

Hmm...

Well, when Kyle was operating as Ion 2.0, his constructs were manipulated by a character that could control the EM spectrum. I'd imagine Sinestro Corp rings work much the same way, as hard light constructs.

On the other hand, Kyle also ended up manipulating the character, because she was composed of the spectrum she was manipulating.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Correct.

You left out a lot from my original post big grin

The Q-bans control over EM spectrum energy is as close to being absolute as possible for a non omnipotent. If the ring energies/battery energies are within the EM Spectrum, Sinestro is getting annihilated by Quasar.

zopzop
Originally posted by cdtm
Hmm...

Well, when Kyle was operating as Ion 2.0, his constructs were manipulated by a character that could control the EM spectrum. I'd imagine Sinestro Corp rings work much the same way, as hard light constructs.

On the other hand, Kyle also ended up manipulating the character, because she was composed of the spectrum she was manipulating.

If this isn't just a one time thing and the ring/battery energies fall within the EM Spectrum, then this thread is spite vs Sinestro smokin'

cdtm
The term "hard light construct" was dropped by Johns in Rebirth, too, to describe the construct of Sinestro Hal thought he killed. I'm sure there's been other examples...

leonidas
be interesting. there is some proof the rings can be controlled via em manipulation. if that held true, sinestro could be in trouble. somehow i don't see that happening though in a match like this--at least not often. i like both, but see sinestro has the better, more strong willed warrior. he also has a LOT more experience and likely the better feats. i think quasar could make a fight of it, but i'd say sinestro for a solid majority.

Nihilist
Can or has the ring been drained before?

JakeTheBank
Yes.

Nihilist
Yes. By whom?

That would be the easiest wy to victory

JakeTheBank
Manhunters, Black Hand pre-avatar of death, and others.

Nihilist
Manhunters, Black Hand pre-avatar of death, and others. What spectrum would Sinestros ring fall under?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist
What spectrum would Sinestros ring fall under?

Technically, the energy Sinestro and all other Lanterns tap into is called the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum, with Sinestro's specific energy being that of fear, obviously.

In theory, Quasar should be able to absorb energy from a power ring, at least when it's released from the ring. Not sure if he can forcibly absorb the energy levels from a ring or battery. Of course, Sinestro can manipulate fear to an expert degree and is arguable the most skilled and experienced Lantern regardless of color. I don't think it would be easy for Quasar at all.

leonidas
i don't think it would be easy for either. there is definitely a chance the ring's energy could be manipulated by quasar. if we assume it CAN be, then it's definitely q's match. if we put that aside, sinestro would win imo.

Nihilist
Originally posted by leonidas
i don't think it would be easy for either. there is definitely a chance the ring's energy could be manipulated by quasar. if we assume it CAN be, then it's definitely q's match. if we put that aside, sinestro would win imo. Quasar did borrow/take energy from the rest of the Annihilators, so imo he may be able to do the same here.

leonidas
Quasar did borrow/take energy from the rest of the Annihilators, so imo he may be able to do the same here.

oh, it's possible, no doubt. the history of people controlling/absorbing gl energy is a little spotty though. there are examples where the ring user resisted it. q is a superb manipulator though. he even manipulated the energy from one of the infinity gems iirc. if we assume he can do it everytime though, it sort of becomes a non-match. erm

Nihilist
oh, it's possible, no doubt. the history of people controlling/absorbing gl energy is a little spotty though. there are examples where the ring user resisted it. q is a superb manipulator though. he even manipulated the energy from one of the infinity gems iirc. if we assume he can do it everytime though, it sort of becomes a non-match. erm Agree 100% but Quasar does have a good histroy of absorbing/manipulating energy irrc didnt he do it to Ego or did he use a device aswell?

leonidas
there was an issue with ego. q succeeded where the surfer failed iirc....

dmills
Quasar did borrow/take energy from the rest of the Annihilators, so imo he may be able to do the same here.

Hmm. Two of whom's energy is outside of the electromagnetic spectrum.

-K-M-
there was an issue with ego. q succeeded where the surfer failed iirc....

and interesting enough Quasar failed to power Galactus tech, while Guardian could cool

leonidas
Originally posted by -K-M-
and interesting enough Quasar failed to power Galactus tech, while Guardian could cool

i've always said canadian superhero>cosmic heralds. canadian

-K-M-
Fact! haha

leonidas
cheers

Bouboumaster
Sinestro 8/10

Quasar has a shot, but most likely, Sinestro pwn him.

zopzop
I'm amazed at the amount of disrespect the Q-bands are getting in this thread.

If the ring's energy is within the EM Spectrum, it's Quasar's to own. He was draining the Surfer without the Surfer knowing he was even doing it. He's handled an enraged Watcher one on one and manipulated his energy blasts and shut down his energy form at will.

IMHO the Q-bands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any Lantern ring in terms of EM Spectrum energy manipulation.

Bouboumaster
I'm amazed at the amount of disrespect the Q-bands are getting in this thread.

If the ring's energy is within the EM Spectrum, it's Quasar's to own. He was draining the Surfer without the Surfer knowing he was even doing it. He's handled an enraged Watcher one on one and manipulated his energy blasts and shut down his energy form at will.

IMHO the Q-bands >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any Lantern ring in terms of EM Spectrum energy manipulation.

And then, Surfer owned Quasar.

The fact is that rings and Q-bands have both similar powers. Sinestro might even have the edge in the versatility department. And he's powerful as hell.

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
And then, Surfer owned Quasar.

The fact is that rings and Q-bands have both similar powers. Sinestro might even have the edge in the versatility department. And he's powerful as hell.

You realize he threw that fight right?

The Q-bands have NEVER (to my knowledge) been outdone or overwhelmed by any EMS based energy attack.............EVER. Those bands would sh|t all over any Lantern ring.

cdtm
Good point about Surfer. It just so happened, Surfers well was too deep for Quasar to dry out...

But we know GL and Sinestro rings could drain pretty fast just from use, while the Q bands have infinite energy.. Add in Quasars drain, and he may win more than Sinestro by attrition alone..

Horrificus
Q has had showings that were well beyond Herald level. This is just a fact. And, a lot of time, these showings were well written. Meaning that it actually made sense, as opposed to a lot of writing today, where a character suddenly and simply has the power and ability to overcome whatever they are fighting without any explanation. Just because they are really upset, or now they are REALLY trying, etc. Hehe.

Q's powers have a LOT of potential.

Then again, I am a big Sinestro fan. As a matter of fact, I am a big fan of most characters that have been written to show a lot of strategic thinking, planning and creativity. Example- Doctor Doom, Loki, old Hal Jordan, old Thanos, etc.

I think Sinestro would possibly figure out a way to beat Q. But, power to power, Q would take it.

"Id"
Despite Quasar water downed somewhat, compared to his more classic showings. One of his most overlooked feats in recent times is; Forcibly draining energy from the Annihilators + Nova to power his construct.

That is insane, and it goes to show that his control over energy is not just narrowed down to the EM spectrum.
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3199/ti08.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by "Id"
Despite Quasar water downed somewhat, compared to his more classic showings. One of his most overlooked feats in recent times is; Forcibly draining energy from the Annihilators + Nova to power his construct.

That is insane, and it goes to show that his control over energy is not just narrowed down to the EM spectrum.
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3199/ti08.jpg

Yup someone pointed that out. But you have to keep in mind it goes against his established power set (unless it's been retconned). In his own series it was stated and shown on panel that he had no control over any energy not in the EM Spectrum (psionics, magic, dark force, kinetic energy, weak force manipulation used against him, etc...).

That's why I said if the Ring's energies are not in the EM Spectrum, Quasar dies badly. But if they are, Sinestro has no chance in hell vs Quasar.

"Id"
Well thats the problem.

Quasar is a bigger monster in terms of energy manipulation, and holds greater feats.

While Sinestro character is build for these type of forum encounters, and has a history of showings to prove he can give Quasar a fight.

It really comes down if you bite into Quasar manipulating Fear/Willpower energy. If so that gives Elvis a firm advantage over Sinestro. If not, its a hard fought match that could go either way.

Horrificus
Good Match-Up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.