Last night's GOP debate was a ZOGfest. As usual.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Sponsored by the Heritage Foundation. Israel is our greatest ally, we need to defend Israel, we'll protect Israel if Israel goes to war with Iran, we can't spend more on health care because the wars need funding (for Israel), we need more government monitoring us because TERRORISM (and Israel is our best friend).

Hey, America, you've made your bed, now lie in it. Enjoy your people dying in the streets because your health care system sucks while you're spending trillions defending Israel. When you're burning heaps of money to keep warm because $100 can't even buy a loaf of bread, I pray that you will finally understand. But I bet the final thought going through your head is "THEY HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOM."

Barker
That post will be read by 100% of Americans and they will all tearfully bask in your political brilliance.

inimalist
Canada is thinking of signing a mutual defense pact with Israel...

I wonder how many F-16s they will send when Russia invades over the north pole...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Barker
That post will be read by 100% of Americans and they will all tearfully bask in your political brilliance. /thread

Omega Vision
I feel bad for agreeing partially with Zeal.

Israel is more of a parasite than an ally.

King Kandy
Israel is the worst (now, I don't mean the country itself; I know lots of great folks from Israel, rather, their advocacy groups are the worst). I am Jewish and the whole "community" is steeped in Zionist organizations, whether you want to hear about it or not. Not just other Americans, but Jews as well have been suckered into this political scheme that in no way benefits them.

My proposal: if the US loves Israel so much, give them one of our states. They can move away from all these "terrorist enemies" and go live with real lovers of freedom. Now none of the Republicans would ever suggest that, because they're a bunch of Christian zionist fools who honestly believe "no really, Israel needs to have that land so armaggedon can occur." These people live in the 21st century, but their mindset is medieval.

Omega Vision
It doesn't help that there are plenty of pundits primed to smear anyone who doesn't assume Israel is blameless and unconditionally right.

I saw this one Conservative Jewish pundit woman who seemed to think that either you believe Israel has a sacred right to everything between Cairo, Baghdad, and Ankara or you're an Anti-Semite.

Now granted plenty of anti-Israel people are anti-Semites, but I don't consider myself Anti-Israel so much as Anti-Israel's policies and government.

inimalist
was she from the ADL?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by inimalist
was she from the ADL?
Almost certainly.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It doesn't help that there are plenty of pundits primed to smear anyone who doesn't assume Israel is blameless and unconditionally right.

I saw this one Conservative Jewish pundit woman who seemed to think that either you believe Israel has a sacred right to everything between Cairo, Baghdad, and Ankara or you're an Anti-Semite.
They love that excuse. There is a lot of anti-semitism in this world but at the same time, these advocates will just put the label on anyone. I wish more jews would stand up and oppose it and discredit that idiotic argument.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
They love that excuse. There is a lot of anti-semitism in this world but at the same time, these advocates will just put the label on anyone. I wish more jews would stand up and oppose it and discredit that idiotic argument.
Politics are all but built on false dilemmas.

"Vote for this or vote for that. No middle ground."

"Support the war or you hate the troops. No middle ground."

inimalist
Almost certainly.

Originally posted by King Kandy

In his book "them" and the video series "secret rules of the world", Jon Ronson follows David Icke around Vancouver as he prepares for a speech, book signings and radio interviews. Because Icke thinks bankers are lizards, literal transdimensional lizards, the ADL and Canadian Green party essentially harassed and censored him as an "anti-semite" because lizard is code for Jew (apparently).

When you see the case, for as much as I don't agree with most of the things Icke says, he seems very much persecuted because he gets that label. It just seems like such a catch-all "I-dont-have-to-even-listen-to-you" accusation, to the point that it is hard to attack actual anti-semites because it loses value when you call schizophrenics it.

(to be fair, Ronson does show that many people attending Icke's talks, and even those closest to him, might actually believe Icke is talking in code, however, Icke himself shows absolutely no such signs. HE is talking about lizards)

Omega Vision
In his book "them" and the video series "secret rules of the world", Jon Ronson follows David Icke around Vancouver as he prepares for a speech, book signings and radio interviews. Because Icke thinks bankers are lizards, literal transdimensional lizards, the ADL and Canadian Green party essentially harassed and censored him as an "anti-semite" because lizard is code for Jew (apparently).

When you see the case, for as much as I don't agree with most of the things Icke says, he seems very much persecuted because he gets that label. It just seems like such a catch-all "I-dont-have-to-even-listen-to-you" accusation, to the point that it is hard to attack actual anti-semites because it loses value when you call schizophrenics it.

(to be fair, Ronson does show that many people attending Icke's talks, and even those closest to him, might actually believe Icke is talking in code, however, Icke himself shows absolutely no such signs. HE is talking about lizards)

If you did I'd plug my fist in your face. estahuh

inimalist
If you did I'd plug my fist in your face. estahuh

I'd deserve it too

EDIT: it really surprises me how little attention these people (Icke, Jones, etc) actually get by real journalists or scientists. I mean, fair enough that a lot of people just don't know or have a lot of access to these conspiracy figures, but you would think more academics and journalists would find it interesting. Ronson is a diamond in the rough, so to speak.

Symmetric Chaos

Lizard isn't code for Jew but banker historically has been.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
It's almost as if they are aware of what they are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.