The Demogorge Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Demogorge has consumed all of earths related gods. Now he seeks to kill galactus

"where going were all dead gods go, into the maw of The Demogorge"
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/9823182_Mighty_Thor_08_Megan-TheGroup_pg22.jpg

Demogorges power is supereme
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153611-thor_annual_1982__010_19.jpg

zopzop
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Demogorge has consumed all of earths related gods. Now he seeks to kill galactus

"where going were all dead gods go, into the maw of The Demogorge"
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/9823182_Mighty_Thor_08_Megan-TheGroup_pg22.jpg

Demogorges power is supereme
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153611-thor_annual_1982__010_19.jpg

Wow, so he's NOT dead? I thought he died during Sacred Invasion? Did they explain how he survived?

You can look at it two different ways :
a) If Demogorge is really just suited to killing Gods (ie he's their kryptonite), then he may not stand a chance against Galactus.
b) If Demogorge is just that powerful period, then I see Galactus dying.

Colossus-Big C
His death was retconed to being killed by mikaboshi (chaos king) when mikaboshi took the skull form

In that very arc they said he will be back though

zopzop
His death was retconed to being killed by mikaboshi (chaos king) when mikaboshi took the skull form

In that very arc they said he will be back though

So with Mikoboshi dead, all the damage he did was undone or something? Is that mentioned in an issue?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by zopzop
So with Mikoboshi dead, all the damage he did was undone or something? Is that mentioned in an issue? Supergod Hercules revived him when he recreated the multiverse

guy222
he'll prolly lose to the returning thor somehow

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
he'll prolly lose to the returning thor somehow

thumb up

-K-M-

I beg your pardon? Mikaboshi did not kill him, it was the Skrull Goddess. After the Skrull Goddess "killed him", THEN we see Mikaboshi take on the Goddess not before. We even see Mikaboshi in the background when Demogorge blew up, which happened within seconds of the team arriving to meet the Skrull Gods.

GalanOfTaa
Wow, so he's NOT dead? I thought he died during Sacred Invasion? Did they explain how he survived?

You can look at it two different ways :
a) If Demogorge is really just suited to killing Gods (ie he's their kryptonite), then he may not stand a chance against Galactus.
b) If Demogorge is just that powerful period, then I see Galactus dying.

Galactus stomps either way. Not even a challenge, unless he's extremely malnourished, as always.

P.S.: Chaos King was arguably the worst comic book ever made. It nearly made me want to commit suicide.

Horrificus
I thought Demogorge's powers were mystical in nature, as were the Gods he has beaten. Mostly extradimensional, mystical type beings.

Are there any high showings against powerful, more reality-based opponents.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pre-Pak Demogorge logically should absolutely stomp Galactus. At least if we use common foes as a reference point, that much is undeniable. Like most things birthed in the Roy Thomas era though, his tricky to conclusively peg in the overall hierarchy.

Ironically, Pak was one of the writers who made it clear that the higher end Gods are completely beyond Galactus with Mikaboshi, Chaos War Hercules etc. He also revealed that Gaea was the mother of all creation or some such, IIRC there was a lot of high end power implied during that scene.

Anyways, for the most part, the God Eater is a much safer bet imo.

Colossus-Big C

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by GalanOfTaa
Galactus stomps either way. Not even a challenge, unless he's extremely malnourished, as always.

P.S.: Chaos King was arguably the worst comic book ever made. It nearly made me want to commit suicide. You think a galactus would stomp a being after absorbing 12+ sky fathers? And there pantheons

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by guy222
he'll prolly lose to the returning thor somehow Judging by the solicits to issue 12 Thor gets consumed, Thor probably pulls an "attack Demogorge from inside ( even though more powerful beings have never done this) and escape"

Rage.Of.Olympus

P.S.: Chaos King was arguably the worst comic book ever made. It nearly made me want to commit suicide.

The notion that he'd stomp is ridiculous.

And if Galactus was in an extremely starved state, Thor would take the World Eater down on his own, and it probably wouldn't be particularly difficult. Forget about an Elder God killer.

Since when does Galactus go around extremely malnourished?

zopzop
Judging by the solicits to issue 12 Thor gets consumed, Thor probably pulls an "attack Demogorge from inside ( even though more powerful beings have never done this) and escape"

Don't forget there also was that "it's not yet his time" thing too I think. I'll have to double check.

GalanOfTaa
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The notion that he'd stomp is ridiculous.

And if Galactus was in an extremely starved state, Thor would take the World Eater down on his own, and it probably wouldn't be particularly difficult. Forget about an Elder God killer.

Since when does Galactus go around extremely malnourished?

It has been stated not once, not twice, but numerous times that Galactus feeds ONLY to survive. It has even been stated in FF600 that a new Galactus would lack RESTRAINT, which would make everything end sooner; so basically, it would be like Galactus in the BCA.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It has been stated not once, not twice, but numerous times that Galactus feeds ONLY to survive. It has even been stated in FF600 that a new Galactus would lack RESTRAINT, which would make everything end sooner; so basically, it would be like Galactus in the BCA.

Not sure how that supports what you said. It's speculation to assume it'd be extreme as the Black Celestial saga, there was specific outside manipulation in that case.

GalanOfTaa
Not sure how that supports what you said. It's speculation to assume it'd be extreme as the Black Celestial saga, there was specific outside manipulation in that case.

He manipulated his hunger, not his abilities. He destroyed his.... restraint; he took the safety off! Oh wait, that's what I've been trying to say.
And it does because current Galactus has control over his actions and feeds only to survive, as opposed to feeding to gain power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He manipulated his hunger, not his abilities. He destroyed his.... restraint; he took the safety off! Oh wait, that's what I've been trying to say.

Pretty sure there was more to it than the dropping of mental blocks but this is all irrelevant. I'm still trying to make sense of your original post and how anything you've said so far supports it.

leonidas

"feeds only to survive"=/=extremely malnourished. and assuming for one nanosecond you ARE correcct, and g CAN go bca whenever he chooses (which there is no zero to support) he would STILL NEVER DO SO IN A FORUM FIGHT. why? because he fights IN CHARACTER. so....even if you're right you're wrong. he fights to the best of his ability--within character.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
"feeds only to survive"=/=extremely malnourished. and assuming for one nanosecond you ARE correcct, and g CAN go bca whenever he chooses (which there is no zero to support) he would STILL NEVER DO SO IN A FORUM FIGHT. why? because he fights IN CHARACTER. so....even if you're right you're wrong. he fights to the best of his ability--within character.

Not to mention the fact that he's NEVER gone BCA against universal and multiversal threats especially since if he could he'dve done it against them.

GalanOfTaa

leonidas

leonidas
With this I end my final post in this thread, as not only can you lot not be reasoned with, but because I've got to sleep as well.

laughing out loud

you keep telling us we're all dumb and that you're going to leave. and yet you keep coming back! stop with the teasing already! big grin

Igniz
So with Mikoboshi dead, all the damage he did was undone or something? Is that mentioned in an issue?

Mikaboshi(Chaos King) isn't dead.He's currently content and happy in the continuum.Lets just hope there are no villains stupid enough to uncork CK.Dormammu and Athena comes into mind when I think about it.

Supergod Hercules revived him when he recreated the multiverse

Super God Herc did restore the multiverse, but he did mention in Incredible Hulks#621 that he was guided by a wisdom beyond their ken.Meaning he had the power but he wasn't really the one in charge of restoring everything.Demogorge being resurrected isn't Herc's will but someone else's will.This alone gives you a clue of who Herc could be talking about.

As for this fight.Demogorge could take this.

Mindset
Pre-Pak Demogorge logically should absolutely stomp Galactus. No, he really shouldn't.

cdtm
Mindset is right, again.

Colossus-Big C
He is basing this off odin and mephisto going to toe with big g, where Big Demogorge completely no sold an amped mephisto in a super hell realm

Makes sense based on that

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
Mindset is right, again.

hey, how bout you tell us when he's WRONG. THAT will be worth a post. sneer

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
No, he really shouldn't.

I wish this forum had a "taze" button evil face

guy222
laughing out loud

gets the phaser weady

stick out tongue

Mindset
I wish this forum had a "taze" button evil face Wouldn't even feel it through my forcefield.

guy222
even if its a andrew bynum elbow

laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
Galactus should rage stomp Demogorge...

But the Big-G has so many inconsistencies and so much jobbing though out his history that I am tempted to say that he might lose this fight...

I will say this for certain; given what Galactus is supposed to be, Galactus should rage stomp any Elder-God in existence...

Rage.Of.Olympus

GalanOfTaa
I still don't understand what the Black Celestial Saga Galactus has to do with our discussion.

You said that Galactus stomps and that the only chance Demogorge has is if Galan is extremely malnourished. I still want to see the evidence that supports that, and anything that suggests that Galactus is always in a starving state like you claimed.

Are you referencing the Black Celestial Saga Galactus as evidence for what he'll be capable of doing in this fight? If so, I call bullshit, there was clear outside tampering, the specifics of which we don't know of, and we've seen plenty of Galactus in the 616. Definitely enough to realize that he isn't going to turn into a giant black hole during the fight that tries to consume everything.

Using common opponents as a comparison point, he really should. People do it all the time for Odin/Celestials but like I said, comics don't always fall such guidelines.

He always consumes at a bare minimum. Here's your proof, and FYI, I could find at least 5 more scans in which he says the exact same thing, the first one was for google, and the second one goes to show that he has restraint and could consume the universe at a much faster rate:

P.S.:
-Survive: Manage to keep going in difficult circumstances - "she had to work day and night and survive on two hours sleep."

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66496/1329392-excalibur061p21_super.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GUCiO.png

Rage.Of.Olympus
He always consumes at a bare minimum. Here's your proof, and FYI, I could find at least 5 more scans in which he says the exact same thing, the first one was for google, and the second one goes to show that he has restraint and could consume the universe at a much faster rate:

You still haven't answered my inquiries or supported your earlier statements. No matter how many scans you post, that won't change.

I understand that Galactus isn't gluttonous and doesn't go on feeding frenzies, he preserves a balance, but unless he's unusually weakened consuming a planet generally leaves him full of energy. He very rarely goes above that. It's not the limit, consuming something like his World Ship IIRC lets him reach a peak but that's an extreme and generally irrelevant like Odin summoning the Destroyer.

I'm starting to think that continuing discussion is rather pointless.

GalanOfTaa
You still haven't answered my inquiries or supported your earlier statements. No matter how many scans you post, that won't change.

I understand that Galactus isn't gluttonous and doesn't go on feeding frenzies, he preserves a balance, but unless he's unusually weakened consuming a planet generally leaves him full of energy. He very rarely goes above that. It's not the limit, consuming something like his World Ship IIRC lets him reach a peak but that's an extreme and generally irrelevant like Odin summoning the Destroyer.

I'm starting to think that continuing discussion is rather pointless.

Consuming a planet leaves him full of energy??? He's hungry moments after consuming a planet: *Feeds off a planet*: "Herald, I hunger!". Reason why he doesn't go about consuming stars is because that would "make everything end sooner". Not to mention it was said that his hunger grows with time!
You are delusional and in denial. I posted proof that he feeds only to survive.
I do agree with not continuing this discussion though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Consuming a planet leaves him full of energy??? He's hungry moments after consuming a planet: *Feeds off a planet*: "Herald, I hunger!". Reason why he doesn't go about consuming stars is because that would "make everything end sooner". Not to mention it was said that his hunger grows with time!
You are delusional. I do agree with not continuing this discussion though.

From what I've seen, feeding on a planet rejuvenates and empowers him (See: Leaving him full of energy), allowing him to stave of the hunger for a certain amount of time (The length depends on his state before hand and whether he expends any large quantities of energy). I understand that on some level, the hunger is a constant though. He can feed on Stars but only does when extremely desperate and a planet cannot satisfy him as such as his post Chaos War recovery.

I don't think I'm delusional nor do I think anything I've said so far is unreasonable. I'm no Galactus expert but at the same time this isn't stuff I'm making up.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Galactus should rage stomp Demogorge...

But the Big-G has so many inconsistencies and so much jobbing though out his history that I am tempted to say that he might lose this fight...

I will say this for certain; given what Galactus is supposed to be, Galactus should rage stomp any Elder-God in existence... Lol pak has made clear the more powerful gods are above galactus, position doesnt= power at all

Mindset

I'm starting to think that continuing discussion is rather pointless. Consuming a planet doesn't leave him full of energy, whenever he is ready to absorb Taa 2 you know shit got real.

Consuming a planet lets him not get beaten by earth heroes.

Colossus-Big C
Didnt High Evolutionary Absorb Taa 2?

Mindset
Not that I know of.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Consuming a planet doesn't leave him full of energy, whenever he is ready to absorb Taa 2 you know shit got real.

Maybe full of energy was the wrong term, I think it's because it implies a peak.

What I meant is that post planet absorption is about as powerful as Galactus generally gets (Without extenuating circumstances such as being significantly damaged) without going to the extreme such as absorbing his World Ship.

Mindset
Yea, basically it boils down to this:

Absorbing a planet = Galactus can beat a skyfather.

Absorbing Taa = Galactus is going up against a big threat, like Doom or Kyle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
About right. He saves the Ultimate Nullifier for when he wants to survive against Thor for a few seconds.

Mindset
Is Thor a pseudonym for Iron Fist?

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, it's a synonym for TOAA.

Mindset
Oh, so he's sub IF level, that's cool, I guess.

zopzop
Consuming a planet doesn't leave him full of energy, whenever he is ready to absorb Taa 2 you know shit got real.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/579/silversurferv3106p08.th.jpg

Seems pretty full here.

OneDumbG0
Lol pak has made clear the more powerful gods are above galactus, position doesnt= power at all Amped gods maybe. Which does not make any sort of comment on generic gods and their general station when compared to Abstracts. Same as how amped mutants who warp the multiverse (e.g., HOM Wanda) don't place mutantkind in general above gods or Abstracts...

... and on that note, there are unamped mutants who are more powerful than gods/Abstracts. Those exceptions did not (and should not) change the general pecking order either.

TheLordofMurder

Seems pretty full here.

Whoever wrote that ignored the original Secret War then...

Taa 2 was described by Reed Richards (Mr Know-It-All when chyt hits the fan) as the single greatest energy source in the universe...and the Big-G was dead set to absorb it.

Taa 2 >>>>>>>>>whatever planet Galactus was consumming on that scan....ergo, Galactus can become much more powerful than whatever level that planet was going to put him on.

leonidas
Yea, basically it boils down to this:

Absorbing a planet = Galactus can beat a skyfather.

Absorbing Taa = Galactus is going up against a big threat, like Doom or Kyle.

and don't forget the nearly starving to death version who can wipeout star systems and kill watchers because he's po'd.

Nihilist
and don't forget the nearly starving to death version who can wipeout star systems and kill watchers because he's po'd. Not sure he was starvin tbh, Rage brought this up before that the canisters swirling around him contained the PC Thanos had drained from him, i know its speculation but it is possible he did absorb/was absorbing it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
and don't forget the nearly starving to death version who can wipeout star systems and kill watchers because he's po'd.
Originally posted by Nihilist
Not sure he was starvin tbh, Rage brought this up before that the canisters swirling around him contained the PC Thanos had drained from him, i know its speculation but it is possible he did absorb/was absorbing it.

My opinion is that all that stolen Power Cosmic was used to power that attack, and it sustained him for a bit (That's why he didn't look completely cracked up like when he was trapped) but he was still internally damaged by the ordeal.

It's what makes the most sense to me personally, all that energy wouldn't disappear.

Nihilist
My opinion is that all that stolen Power Cosmic was used to power that attack, and it sustained him for a bit (That's why he didn't look completely cracked up like when he was trapped) but he was still internally damaged by the ordeal.

It's what makes the most sense to me personally, all that energy wouldn't disappear. Most likely scenario yeah, but iirc didnt Galactus say something along the lines of "still not being strong enough" to face T&A ?

leonidas

It's what makes the most sense to me personally, all that energy wouldn't disappear.

possible i suppose. would have been good to SEE him absorb it. and if it was his to begin with, it's STILL a greater display of power than we've pretty much ever seen from him. wasn't he taken captive after the tenebrous fight? stands to reason even if it WAS his, he would have been weakened from that battle, no? or am i forgetting something inbetween....?

Mindset

Seems pretty full here. I'm on my phone so I can't see the picture large enough, but if it disagrees with what I said, then it's wrong.

Nihilist
possible i suppose. would have been good to SEE him absorb it. and if it was his to begin with, it's STILL a greater display of power than we've pretty much ever seen from him. wasn't he taken captive after the tenebrous fight? stands to reason even if it WAS his, he would have been weakened from that battle, no? or am i forgetting something inbetween....? Thanos did drain all his energy except for a trickle to barely keep him alive.

Mindset
Wasn't some of the energy taken from Galactus used as well?

Nihilist
Wasn't some of the energy taken from Galactus used as well? Think so when he was used a weapon, is that what youre thinking of?

Rage.Of.Olympus
possible i suppose. would have been good to SEE him absorb it. and if it was his to begin with, it's STILL a greater display of power than we've pretty much ever seen from him. wasn't he taken captive after the tenebrous fight? stands to reason even if it WAS his, he would have been weakened from that battle, no? or am i forgetting something inbetween....?

We see the containers encircling his body, glowing in conjunction with his eyes, and Annihilus says something like the Power Cosmic is his. Then they disappear right before Galactus powers up the attack. I always thought it was obvious but that's just me.

I'm pretty sure the canisters didn't just contain his power but the energy stolen from planets that the Galactus gun was used on.

Edit: Here are the scans:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2842/0262destroystheannihila.jpg
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5202/0263destroystheannihila.jpg

The Galactus Gun:
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9198/0253destroysaplanetimpr.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by Nihilist
Think so when he was used a weapon, is that what youre thinking of? Yea.

leonidas
We see the containers encircling his body, glowing in conjunction with his eyes, and Annihilus says something like the Power Cosmic is his. Then they disappear right before Galactus powers up the attack. I always thought it was obvious but that's just me.

I'm pretty sure the canisters didn't just contain his power but the energy stolen from planets that the Galactus gun was used on, and then stored.

that makes sense.

Mindset

I'm pretty sure the canisters didn't just contain his power but the energy stolen from planets that the Galactus gun was used on, and then stored. You're obviously wrong.

So that is the end of that discussion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're obviously wrong.

So that is the end of that discussion.

Can't argue with that logic.

Mindset
That's how I aced my debate class.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The American education system is shit.

Horrificus
Due to the nature of the business, it is almost impossible to find any real concern for continuity. As a matter of fact, let's be honest and admit that sometimes, it almost seems as if these writers take over a title without having read a page of it before.

With this in mind, it doesn't seem possible to make accurate assessments of these characters.

After all, I'm sure that in a couple months we will find out that Demogorge was defeated by Volstagg and Galactus beaten by the Wrecking Crew. Or some equally ridiculous and imagination-lacking defeats will have happened.

Mindset
The American education system is shit. Does Canada even have one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.