Bor vs Depowered Tyrant...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Relative to the Heralds during the Tyrant arc and Thanos, how well does Bor fare against Depowered Tyrant?

Mshinu
Bor doesn`t have that orb Thanos had.. still Bor should match or surpass Thanos` showing. Tyrant still wins of course.

zopzop
Bor does indeed outperform the heralds by a large margin. He does slightly better than Thanos (and by that I mean he's too stupid to run away like Thanos did) which results in Tyrant actually killing Bor. Tyrant destroys him. Tyrant 10/10.

Damborgson
Originally posted by zopzop
Tyrant destroys him. Tyrant 10/10. no erm

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
no erm

Hellz yeah. I'd say 10000000/10 but you get my drift with 10/10. Bor stands absolutely no chance vs Tyrant.

Damborgson
Hellz yeah. I'd say 10000000/10 but you get my drift with 10/10. Bor stands absolutely no chance vs Tyrant. Why not? He's not punk herald. If Tyrant wins he will most certainly not be stomping Bor.

zopzop
Why not? He's not punk herald. If Tyrant wins he will most certainly not be stomping Bor.

Oh trust me, he will. Tyrant (even "DP" Tyrant) had those power orbs that he drained from his victims, an entire store house full of them. One of those Orbs gave Thanos a fighting chance vs "DP" Tyrant, imagine what Tyrant can do when he draws on his entire reserve of Orbs. "DP" Tyrant was also powered by the biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE. That alone should tell you what kind of scale he was operating on. When a pissed off and determined Galactus finally tracked down his lost herald Morg, he backed down from "DP" Tyrant and allowed him to keep Morg as a trophy.

All this is from "DP" Tyrant. He annihilates Bor. He melts that snowflake once and for all.

Damborgson
Oh trust me, he will. Tyrant (even "DP" Tyrant) had those power orbs that he drained from his victims, an entire store house full of them. One of those Orbs gave Thanos a fighting chance vs "DP" Tyrant, imagine what Tyrant can do when he draws on his entire reserve of Orbs. "DP" Tyrant was also powered by the biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE. That alone should tell you what kind of scale he was operating on. When a pissed off and determined Galactus finally tracked down his lost herald Morg, he backed down from "DP" Tyrant and allowed him to keep Morg as a trophy.

All this is from "DP" Tyrant. He annihilates Bor. He melts that snowflake once and for all. I was assuming this was without amps? If he gets access to that type of power up then yeah of course he wins easily. But without them he wont. Bur is arguable > Thanos anyway.

Thats all fine and dandy but making galactus "back down" was just performed by the AD a while ago. The AD gave OF Thor less trouble than Bor did. So not quite as impressive as it sounds.

Like I said, Bor is no Herald. And the Tyrant who fought the herlads while clearly a badass is not going to steamroll Bor. If he wins at all. Bor was striking with enough power to one shot a high herald. (Thor) and that was before he got all powered up. He was tough enough to wear OF Thor striking him caused Mjolnir to break. Bor will give Tyrant hell. And pull off some wins.

Sundipped
I was assuming this was without amps? If he gets access to that type of power up then yeah of course he wins easily. But without them he wont. Bur is arguable > Thanos anyway.

Really no amps needed. Tyrant is > Thanos, fact.

zopzop
I was assuming this was without amps? If he gets access to that type of power up then yeah of course he wins easily. But without them he wont. Bur is arguable > Thanos anyway.

Thats all fine and dandy but making galactus "back down" was just performed by the AD a while ago. The AD gave OF Thor less trouble than Bor did. So not quite as impressive as it sounds.

Like I said, Bor is no Herald. And the Tyrant who fought the herlads while clearly a badass is not going to steamroll Bor. If he wins at all. Bor was striking with enough power to one shot a high herald. (Thor) and that was before he got all powered up. He was tough enough to wear OF Thor striking him caused Mjolnir to break. Bor will give Tyrant hell. And pull off some wins.

Who said they were amps? They are just one of his sources of power (the biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE being the other).

Look at how smug Thanos was when he stole a power Orb from "DP" Tyrant :
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5707/thanoslaugh.th.jpg
Look at how many Tyrant actually had (the one he's holding dwarfs the one Thanos stole) :
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9883/tyrantlastlaugh.th.jpg

"DP" Tyrant mutilates Snowflake 10/10.

Damborgson
Who said they were amps? They are just one of his sources of power (the biosphere of EVERY PLANET IN THE UNIVERSE being the other).

Look at how smug Thanos was when he stole a power Orb from "DP" Tyrant :
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5707/thanoslaugh.th.jpg
Look at how many Tyrant actually had (the one he's holding dwarfs the one Thanos stole) :
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9883/tyrantlastlaugh.th.jpg

"DP" Tyrant mutilates Snowflake 10/10. Ok the point I have been arguing is Bor vs the Tyrant that fought Thanos. Strictly at that powerlevel. And I stand by my point. But I need some clarification here. Are you saying Those orbs are what give Tyrant his power in addition to the Biosphere of every world? Or are you saying that Tyrant can tap into them at will? If so do you have some instances where he does? Cuz otherwise he's going into battle with an amp. And the OP is saying "Relative to the Heralds during the Tyrant arc and Thanos" so that would be Tyrant at the level of power he fought the heralds and Thanos. Tyrant at that power level in no way stomps Bor. Now if your saying he can tap into that power remotely and it increases his power similarly to the way it did Thanos then he wtf stomps Bor easily. But at the moment I stand by my point that without the help of those orbs, and at the power level he fought Thanos, he's gonna work hard for his wins.

Yep. I have that issue. One of my favorite non Thor related ones. stick out tongue

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sundipped
Really no amps needed. Tyrant is > Thanos, fact. I agree. I think Bor> Thanos though 2.

zopzop
Ok the point I have been arguing is Bor vs the Tyrant that fought Thanos. Strictly at that powerlevel. And I stand by my point. But I need some clarification here. Are you saying Those orbs are what give Tyrant his power in addition to the Biosphere of every world? Or are you saying that Tyrant can tap into them at will? If so do you have some instances where he does? Cuz otherwise he's going into battle with an amp. And the OP is saying "Relative to the Heralds during the Tyrant arc and Thanos" so that would be Tyrant at the level of power he fought the heralds and Thanos. Tyrant at that power level in no way stomps Bor. Now if your saying he can tap into that power remotely and it increases his power similarly to the way it did Thanos then he wtf stomps Bor easily. But at the moment I stand by my point that without the help of those orbs, and at the power level he fought Thanos, he's gonna work hard for his wins.

Yep. I have that issue. One of my favorite non Thor related ones. stick out tongue

"DP" Tyrant is ALWAYS at that power level. Since his reservoirs of power are those orbs AND the biosphere of every planet in the universe. That's like saying Odin with no Odinforce vs XXX. There is no such thing because the Odinforce is a part of him.

Tyrant at that power level STOMPS Snowflake's face in. Thanos had 6 issues of prep and an amp.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg

Snowflake doesn't have that luxury so he's fugged.

Damborgson
"DP" Tyrant is ALWAYS at that power level. Since his reservoirs of power are those orbs AND the biosphere of every planet in the universe. That's like saying Odin with no Odinforce vs XXX. There is no such thing because the Odinforce is a part of him.

Tyrant at that power level STOMPS Snowflake's face in. Thanos had 6 issues of prep and an amp.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg

Snowflake doesn't have that luxury so he's fugged. http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif thats not what I got from the scans you posted in the respect thread. :

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1849/cosmicpowers01thanospag.th.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg

Sounds to me like its stored power that he can choose to use. He didnt use it against his fight with Thanos. Which is saying a lot. Otherwise he should have absolutely massacred him. An entire room of orbs against Thanos' one orb? No...no way did he use all that power at his disposal.

if Tyrant uses those orbs of stored energy for himself he rage stomps Bor. If he stays at his level against the heralds then he works for it.

zopzop
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/images/smilies/eusa_think.gif thats not what I got from the scans you posted in the respect thread. :

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1849/cosmicpowers01thanospag.th.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1665/cosmicpowers02terraxpag.th.jpg

Sounds to me like its stored power that he can choose to use. He didnt use it against his fight with Thanos. Which is saying a lot. Otherwise he should have absolutely massacred him. An entire room of orbs against Thanos' one orb? No...no way did he use all that power at his disposal.

if Tyrant uses those orbs of stored energy for himself he rage stomps Bor. If he stays at his level against the heralds then he works for it.

Of course that's his store of power. He even tells Galactus that he's been bidding his time in the darkest corners of the universe building up his strength till the time was right to reclaim his empire and that if Galactus wanted a fight, he was more than able to challenge him. This is also in his respect thread, under the punking section.

Damborgson
Of course that's his store of power. He even tells Galactus that he's been bidding his time in the darkest corners of the universe building up his strength till the time was right to reclaim his empire and that if Galactus wanted a fight, he was more than able to challenge him. This is also in his respect thread, under the punking section. your being confusing laughing

Just answer this: when tyrant enters a fight is he or is he not able to tap into his stored power orbs?????? Remotely??? Because if we use the tyrant that fought thanos, he was not using orbs right???? If he cannot then he isnt stomping bor.

Edit: oh and I know. Those scans I posted were the ones u posted in the respect thread.

zopzop
your being confusing laughing

Just answer this: when tyrant enters a fight is he or is he not able to tap into his stored power orbs?????? Remotely??? Because if we use the tyrant that fought thanos, he was not using orbs right???? If he cannot then he isnt stomping bor.

Edit: oh and I know. Those scans I posted were the ones u posted in the respect thread.

We don't know if he can remotely.

What we do know is that Thanos went out of his way to acquire an Orb right after Terrax told him they were his greatest asset and biggest liability if they were turned against him.

But it's pointless because Snowflake won't have
a) an Orb
b) 6 issues of prep time
c) the common sense to run for it like Thanos did when Tyrant was gonna kill him

So Snowflake gets r@pestomped by Tyrant 10/10.

Damborgson
We don't know if he can remotely.

What we do know is that Thanos went out of his way to acquire an Orb right after Terrax told him they were his greatest asset and biggest liability if they were turned against him.

But it's pointless because Snowflake won't have
a) an Orb
b) 6 issues of prep time
c) the common sense to run for it like Thanos did when Tyrant was gonna kill him

So Snowflake gets r@pestomped by Tyrant 10/10.

no expression So there was no reason to for you to have even brought it up...?

Bor> Thanos. Without powering up he was already capable of one shot killing a high herald. And he's tough enough to where Mjolnir broke when it hit him. (killed him but still lol)

But I think we are going to have to agree disagree...I agree if Tyrant taps into that stored power going into the fight then he wrecks Bor easily. But I disagree with the Tyrant that fought Thanos wrecking him. Bor is no slouch himself and more than capable of hurting Tyrant. So..yeah

zopzop
no expression So there was no reason to for you to have even brought it up...?

The point was, he doesn't even need them to handle Snowflake. Thanos was smart enough to study his opponent before engaging him, the OP doesn't give any side prep.

The reason why Thanos looked good fighting Tyrant was because he took Terrax's advice : "they are his greatest asset and biggest liability should they be turned against him". To drive the point across, Thanos went out of his way to get one and use it when he faced down Tyrant.

Snowflake doesn't have the benefit of Thanos' keen mind, 6 entire issues studying his opponent, or an Orb. Tyrant pummels Snowflake into a gooey puddle.

Damborgson
The point was, he doesn't even need them to handle Snowflake. Thanos was smart enough to study his opponent before engaging him, the OP doesn't give any side prep.

The reason why Thanos looked good fighting Tyrant was because he took Terrax's advice : "they are his greatest asset and biggest liability should they be turned against him". To drive the point across, Thanos went out of his way to get one and use it when he faced down Tyrant.

Snowflake doesn't have the benefit of Thanos' keen mind, 6 entire issues studying his opponent, or an Orb. Tyrant pummels Snowflake into a gooey puddle. Yeah and that prep amounted to Thanos getting an orb and using it hit Tyrant. Like I said....

guy222
tyrant

TheLordofMurder
Ok, heres my take on this topic...

1st off, I believe that Bor>>Thanos, so Thanos needing that Orb to combat Tyrant means nothing as pertains Bor vs Tyrant...

Bor appears to operate on a higher level than Thanos did during the Tyrant/Thanos fight (no way in hell would Thanos at that point be able to one-hit-kill High Heralds)...

2nd, its pretty clear to me that Tyrant wasnt calling upon any of that excess energy he had contained in those orbs when he fought the Heralds or Thanos (its possible that he can call upon them at will, but its clear to me that all those orbs contained power, so that power was not within him)...

Now it was my interpretation that Tyrant was about to call upon the power contained in those orbs to destroy Thanos as Thanos proved capable of surviving Tyrants might at his base power level...

IMHO, if Tyrant is using those orbs, its no different than Odin calling upon the power contained within Asgard; its clearly his power, but it constitutes an amp as that power is not contained within him at all times...

Tyrant in this thread is fighting at his base levels; he is not drawing strength from those orbs...

If he's drawing upon those orbs, you might as well call him Full Power Tyrant...

Sundipped
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Now it was my interpretation that Tyrant was about to call upon the power contained in those orbs to destroy Thanos as Thanos proved capable of surviving Tyrants might at his base power level...

Wrong interpretation. He would'nt need to call upon any orb to finish Thanos. He could've done it right there on the spot. Reason I say this is because Tyrant displayed another level of ferociousness vs. Big G than he did against anyone else. Thanos nor the heralds would have lasted as long as they did if he was in this mode from the beginning.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3667/silversurferv3108p13.th.jpg

zopzop
Tyrant in this thread is fighting at his base levels; he is not drawing strength from those orbs...

If he's drawing upon those orbs, you might as well call him Full Power Tyrant...

It's kind of hard to argue about Tyrant's power levels because of the strangeness between the Marz to Lackey transition as writer for the Silver Surfer series.

Under Marz, it was those power Orbs that were Tyrant's source of power. Under Lackey, it was the biosphere of every planet in the universe + the orbs. I originally thought Lackey and later writers had forgotten about them (the orbs), but we see Jakar lust for them even after Tyrant was nullified.

Does Ron Marz have a Twitter account? Does he attend Comic Cons? I wish someone would have asked him what was up in that Cosmic Powers 6 fight.

Nihilist
It's kind of hard to argue about Tyrant's power levels because of the strangeness between the Marz to Lackey transition as writer for the Silver Surfer series.

Under Marz, it was those power Orbs that were Tyrant's source of power. Under Lackey, it was the biosphere of every planet in the universe + the orbs. I originally thought Lackey and later writers had forgotten about them (the orbs), but we see Jakar lust for them even after Tyrant was nullified.

Does Ron Marz have a Twitter account? Does he attend Comic Cons? I wish someone would have asked him what was up in that Cosmic Powers 6 fight. Marz has a QnA thread on CBR, i once asked him about the Thanos/Tyrant fight and the orbs, he said he couldnt remeber lol.

zopzop
Originally posted by Nihilist
Marz has a QnA thread on CBR, i once asked him about the Thanos/Tyrant fight and the orbs, he said he couldnt remeber lol.

Seriously? Wow, when the writer and creator of the character can't even remember what he wrote his creation doing, you know we're wasting our time even debating anything about him.

TheLordofMurder
Wrong interpretation. He would'nt need to call upon any orb to finish Thanos. He could've done it right there on the spot. Reason I say this is because Tyrant displayed another level of ferociousness vs. Big G than he did against anyone else. Thanos nor the heralds would have lasted as long as they did if he was in this mode from the beginning.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3667/silversurferv3108p13.th.jpg

I believe Tyrant was drawing upon those orbs when he was fighting Galactus; that was Tyrants whole reason for collecting them from the start...

It would make zero sense for him to have all that power amassed to fight Galactus and have it sit idle when they actually fought...

In addition, lets not forget just how incredibly PIS'y that fight was; Galactus forgetting Tyrants entire powerset!? Thats Bullchyt Incarnate...

Sundipped
I believe Tyrant was drawing upon those orbs when he was fighting Galactus; that was Tyrants whole reason for collecting them from the start...

It would make zero sense for him to have all that power amassed to fight Galactus and have it sit idle when they actually fought...

In addition, lets not forget just how incredibly PIS'y that fight was; Galactus forgetting Tyrants entire powerset!? Thats Bullchyt Incarnate...

He was already powered up when he faced Galactus. Tyrant just stores power in the orbs (for Big G or whoever). The purpose of the orbs are not just to solely combat Galactus.

It was discussed in another thread that the later writer forgot about his powerset.

zopzop
It was discussed in another thread that the later writer forgot about his powerset.

Yup. It was a clusterfxxk.

Ron Marz : Power Orbs that allowed him to replace what was blocked by Galactus and enough to withstand a challenge from Galactus himself.

Lackey : Power Orbs not mentioned at all. Power comes from the biosphere of every planet in the universe. Able to absorb BSE from any source even if it's been synthesized into something else (like the Power Cosmic). Technopathy.

Gallagher : Power Orbs mentioned again. This was post nullification when Jakar was contemplating an orb's power before Surfer and Jack of Hearts interfered.

TheLordofMurder
Seriously? Wow, when the writer and creator of the character can't even remember what he wrote his creation doing, you know we're wasting our time even debating anything about him.

You know, Galactus not remembering Tyrants powerset makes perfect sense to me know...

If Tyrants freaking creator cant remember anything about him, how the hell is Galactus supposed to!?

LoL....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.