Arranged Marriages

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jorgea
I think arranged marriages can work for some people. But I think nowadays this matchmaking business often doesn't work for everyone. Personally I find it too outdated.

Lord Lucien
So I take it you enjoyed your trip to Saudi Arabia?

ADarksideJedi
It has its good and bad points.

Lewis21
I think Arranged marriage is more durable than Love marriage as in love marriage most of the couples indulge in quarrel soon after the marriage when their expectation not come to true as they had made before the marriage so i simply don't believe in love marriages but i will vote for arranged marriages.

elbertrobe
Arranged marriages have a lower rate than the current method of divorce. People were so emotional about this issue. But when someone has to fall in love and marry, usually fall in love and divorce.

TacDavey
How do arranged marriages work? The parent picks out a mate for their kid? Why would the parent be better at choosing a life partner than the person themselves?

Robtard
Originally posted by TacDavey
How do arranged marriages work? The parent picks out a mate for their kid? Why would the parent be better at choosing a life partner than the person themselves?

http://timvp.com/fatherknowsbestdvd1.jpg

TacDavey
http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/474/729/026/disney-you-ruined-my-life-1987-on-dvd-15d6.jpg

focus4chumps
not that it supports the argument for arranged marriages, but its safe to point out with certainty that the success rate of contemporary marriages is nothing to brag about.

Thoren
If I got set up with some tang I'd be getting on a regular basis, fine with me.

King Kandy
I think arranged marriages can be quite successful, that said as a manner of principle I reject any forcing of anyone to get married.

ADarksideJedi
It is scary however that you don't met the man or woman that you are going to marry until the wedding day.

SamZED
^That's not how arranged marriages usually work these days.

The idea of arranged marriages made sense centuries ago when the choice was limited. But now its outdated.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by elbertrobe
Arranged marriages have a lower rate than the current method of divorce. People were so emotional about this issue. But when someone has to fall in love and marry, usually fall in love and divorce. Still I'd never get married again. Kinda hurts peoples feelings when I'm dating them like they can change my mind of something.

Otherwise, I've also seen arranged marriages work...less divorce, but are they really happy ??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.