Odin VS The Living Tribunal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Odin VS The Living Tribunal

Odin gets a century of prep and can call upon all and every resource he
has and can get.

who wins this?

ozz81
Interesting topic...

Uriel005
Meh not really. Odin is good but unless this is an M-body he stands no chance whatsoever. Even as an M-Body I'd give LT 9.9999999/10 wins. Unless of course Odin recruits Reed or Doom to come up with an LT capture/drain/slay device/

Colossus-Big C
Odin wins, with centurys of prep he can either

1.Locate The Hotu
2.Alter a humans dna to become a mutant with proteges powers
Etc

ozz81
yeah probaby odin with his wisdom and also if he gets an Amp some how i guess...

wildernesss
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

1.Locate The Hotu
Etc

wouldn't the LT know what he's up to? the LT is omniscient &
exsists in the past, present, and future iirc. therefore, wouldn't he know what Odin is up to as a result of being an essentially timeless
being & omniscient?

Colossus-Big C
He didnt know what protege was up to, or thanos when he was looking for the hotu...

wildernesss
He didnt know what protege was up to, or thanos when he was looking for the hotu...

fair enough, but if he is omnipresent & exsists in a timeless state....he
should be able to see into the future & know whether or not an event
that effects him is permanent or not. if it isn't permanent, why would he really care? if it's permanent & he cannot see into the future beyond that event, he should potentially be able to prevent it retroactively, in the present....by means of his cosmic awareness,
omniscience, & investigation.

Silent Master
Originally posted by wildernesss
wouldn't the LT know what he's up to? the LT is omniscient &
exsists in the past, present, and future iirc. therefore, wouldn't he know what Odin is up to as a result of being an essentially timeless
being & omniscient?

Odin is the only one with prep, so the LT can't do anything until the fight starts.

Sundipped
Writers often miss with LT's omniscience. He didn't know Scathan had the power to subdue Protege either. erm

Sundipped
But then again if he knew about everything, it would take away from the substance of the comic. He'd put a end to everything asap. There would be no story.

ozz81
^^LT probably knows everything but he probably doesnt have full control of it etc..

wildernesss
Originally posted by Silent Master
Odin is the only one with prep, so the LT can't do anything until the fight starts.

depends on what you mean by prep. the LT's omniscience & omnipresence exsists outside the artifical paradigm of time. it's not prep if it's an instantaneous realization that exsists outside of this normal construct/paradigm of time. nor is it prep if no action is taken, and only the instantaneous realization of the event & the response is manifested within the LT's omnipresent mind.

Mindset

1.Locate The Hotu
Etc There is no HOTU anymore.

He can't do that.

Silent Master
He won't know it until after the fight starts nor will he be able to start planning anything until after the fight starts.

TheLordofMurder

1.Locate The Hotu
Etc

LoL...

Odin with 1000 years of prep couldnt beat the 4th Celestial Host, but he's supposed to beat the LT with only 100!?

Just incase you forgot Big C, there is no PIS in a forum fight; sans PIS, Odin has no prayer here...even with 100 years of prep.

Spite in favor of the LT...

wildernesss
He won't know it until after the fight starts nor will he be able to start planning anything until after the fight starts.

with PIS & CIS off....he will know it. the LT simutaneously exsists in the
past, present, and future.

as for planning, the LT exsists beyond the artifical contruct/paradigm
of time. there is no planning with PIS/CIS off;it would be an instantaneous knowing beyond time/space/prep.

Silent Master
He'll know it after the fight starts.

I don't know what the fuss is about, It's not like I'm arguing that Odin wins.

wildernesss
He'll know it after the fight starts.

I don't know what the fuss is about, It's not like I'm arguing that Odin wins.

No, PIS/CIS is off. LT will know more than enough before the
"Fight" begins for reasons I've stated at nauseum.

Silent Master
Being aware of what the other side is doing to prepare would be considered prep and the LT doesn't have prep, so he won't know what Odin did until the fight actually starts.

wildernesss
Being aware of what the other side is doing to prepare would be considered prep and the LT doesn't have prep, so he won't know what Odin did until the fight actually starts.

instantaneous awareness as an inherent result of exsisting in a
timeless, omnipresent, and omniscient state would not be considered
standard prep imo; standard prep is different from inherent awareness that stems from the very nature of what the LT is. standard prep implies & requires that there is some kind of physical or mental action being taken that can be measured within standard parameters. the LT's awareness exsists outside of the standard concept of what constitutes prep. prep would require a beginning, a middle, and and end. that paradigm doesn't exsist with the LT. therefore, odin may have prep, but that doesn't mean the LT's powers are inhibited in any way shape, or form.

Odin loses. Hard.

Silent Master
You're thread starter, if you want the LT to have prep....just give him prep.

JakeTheBank
WTF.

no expression

That is all.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Sundipped
Writers often miss with LT's omniscience. He didn't know Scathan had the power to subdue Protege either. erm
I am not sure if it was a "miss", when LT was first introduced he did not know Nebulos was the source of trouble in an early instance, also evidently has limited cosmic awareness since he considers his ability to look in three directions a really useful, noteworthy power. In some ways, its all the comics showing him as omniscient that are "misses".

guy222
LT FTW

I am glad as a fan of LT he's only been seen once recently

Eternity slugging it out with Pym What the f**k?

Marvel please don't embarass the yellow guy

Utrigita
Living Tribunal stomp all over Odin. Lets recall what Mephisto said about the court LT was holding "you come in peace ... unless you want your existance privilege removed"

Enzeru
The Living Tribunal would be judge Odin for sure.

Mshinu
LT wins because he has three faces. Odin can`t headbutt them all at once no matter his prep.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Mshinu
LT wins because he has three faces. Odin can`t headbutt them all at once no matter his prep. this.

Cogito
Look, just because Reed can beat an M body of the LT doesn't mean everyone can.

Odin likes power, he likes protecting Asgard. If he could have enough power to beat the LT, he would.

He can have all the time in the universe and he'd still lose. Every. Single. Time.

Horrificus
Has ANYBODY ever flat-out beaten the LT?

guy222
love the debates with m-bodies in the past

Enzeru

Nihilist
lol LT stomps

JakeTheBank
Retarded thread is retarded.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Horrificus
Has ANYBODY ever flat-out beaten the LT?
HOTU Thanos did

guy222
not contunity

shame knightmare6. went under

truth and facts and awesome work by those guys

protege is returning smile

Damborgson
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Retarded thread is retarded. sad thread is sad. Gee I wonder if he made this with the sole purpose of reading "LT wins"

Im surprised this hasnt been closed for spite

Sundipped
Originally posted by guy222
protege is returning smile

Wait. What book is he comming back to? The Anninalators? Cause at the end of the last 1 there were a lot of little Magus like beings who are from Universal Church of Truth like Protege. I'm just guessing and could be totally wrong though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.