Firestar vs The Human Tourch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at best who wins this and why?

sean724
Bump

JakeTheBank
Johnny.

Stoic
Johnny currently has the CCR. He wins this very easily.

Digi
Johnny probably. Or a stalemate. It's entirely possible they wouldn't be able to harm each other.

There was a DC Fire-something...Firebird? She ran with Cpt. Atom back in the 80's and 90's. Christ, I used her in a tourney once, how do I not remember this. Anyway, she had some pretty cool feats, and is probably the better of either of these.

Originally posted by Stoic
Johnny currently has the CCR. He wins this very easily.

Clearly not the thread starter's intent.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Digi
how do I not remember this. because you're getting old, dood. no expression

Digi
Originally posted by Starscream M
because you're getting old, dood. no expression

To be fair, it was in delph's high meta tourney where we could switch our entire teams each round, and it was a giant 8-person round robin. I was bored and I love that tier, so I used about 30 characters over the course of the tourney, most for just a single match. Most fun I've ever had competing (though also somewhat exhausting with all the research).

Still, it's bugging me because I haven't been able to turn it up in searches. Oh well.

Digi
Aha! It was Firehawk, and my searches were turning up jack because it was Firestorm she ran with, not CA.
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Lorraine_Reilly_%28New_Earth%29

Stoic
Originally posted by Digi
To be fair, it was in delph's high meta tourney where we could switch our entire teams each round, and it was a giant 8-person round robin. I was bored and I love that tier, so I used about 30 characters over the course of the tourney, most for just a single match. Most fun I've ever had competing (though also somewhat exhausting with all the research).

Still, it's bugging me because I haven't been able to turn it up in searches. Oh well.

You think a new Tier system will ever be worked on again?

zopzop
HT, sans CCR, would lose to Firestar IMHO. They are both immune to heat and fire, but doesn't she manipulate radiation for her powers? What's to stop her from giving him radiation poisoning and killing him like that?

DARTH POWER
Can firestar go nova? There is a limit to how much heat these 2 can absorb iirc.

Digi
Originally posted by Stoic
You think a new Tier system will ever be worked on again?

No. It failed at all of its original purposes and created a hotbed of name-calling controversy. It was closed for a reason. The people who could learn from it as a rough gauge of relative power levels - newer members or casual comic fans - didn't use it. And the hardcore fans, those who never needed it in the first place and knew enough to disagree with it on several points, nit-picked at it like it was the end-all list that HAD to be right.

The only half-decent thing it provided was some recognizable vocabulary for the forums (tiers were very nebulous before the labels currently used). People love their lists, so there's always a certain mystique to it. But outside helping to set levels for tourneys and categorizing new comic characters, the forums won't benefit from a new list any more than they do already. If it ever happens again, it will be after I'm gone from KMC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.