Cyborg Superman vs Magneto...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Battle at a, deserted, fully armed, US military base...

Fight to the Death or KO...no BFR...who wins?

Sin I AM
CS stomps..he is to far beyond Eric

Wang 1.1
nutnut

guy222
mags

JakeTheBank
If Magneto was able to physical destroy Hank's body before Hank overpowered him, given his energy manipulation feats, I think it's possibly he could likely disperse his electronic consciousness long enough to achieve a forum win.

Of course, Hank can reassemble himself pretty quickly when it gets down to it.

Sr J-Bieb
Magneto turns him into a strap on for socially retarded asian boys

Uriel005
I think it's fairly safe to say that Cyborg Superman has thought of encountering electronic warfare capable characters and has some kind of counter electro-magnetic tech in play at any given time as otherwise it would be ridiculously easy to EMP him to stop him anytime he went on a rampage and supes would be trolololing Hank with a Kryptonian tech EMP generator/Batgod preptech for the just in case.

"Id"
Cyborgs ability to stay alive, and mold his body into any kind of weapon will give him the decisive victory.

Magneto can only do so much before tires out. Despite the ample amount of alloys/metals in Cyborgs body, he is dealing with Kryptonian.

To perm-kill Cyborg, he needs to be struck with something equivalent to a Soul Sword.

Uriel005
Originally posted by "Id"
Cyborgs ability to stay alive, and mold his body into any kind of weapon will give him the decisive victory.

Magneto can only do so much before tires out. Despite the ample amount of alloys/metals in Cyborgs body, he is dealing with Kryptonian.

To perm-kill Cyborg, he needs to be struck with something equivalent to a Soul Sword. I agree with you here I just feel it wouldn't come down to this in the first place. I think Hank would definitely have something in his arsenal to direct counter someone like Magneto considering his powers. At the least Electromagnetic interference with his systems should be a problem with his direct body.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
If Magneto was able to physical destroy Hank's body before Hank overpowered him, given his energy manipulation feats, I think it's possibly he could likely disperse his electronic consciousness long enough to achieve a forum win.

Of course, Hank can reassemble himself pretty quickly when it gets down to it.

At his best, he can just keep jumping from body to body, or remold it at will.

The "Central node" thing is so stupid, because it ignores all those times he's been smashed apart, and just kept reworking his body into more insane forms...

Uriel005
Originally posted by cdtm

The "Central node" thing is so stupid, because it ignores all those times he's been smashed apart, and just kept reworking his body into more insane forms... Still think of that agent smith fight from the matrix game... Yeah big grin

"Id"
But lets say Magnus destroys Cyborgs body. The only thing left is Hank astral body.

Couldn't Magneto pull the same trick on Cyborg, that he used on Proteus?

JakeTheBank

The "Central node" thing is so stupid, because it ignores all those times he's been smashed apart, and just kept reworking his body into more insane forms...

It was PIS. Cyborg being "weakened" by Cyborg Doomsday is a weak excuse to justify Kal beating him like that.

leonidas
does mags still have that circuitry in his helmet...?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by "Id"
But lets say Magnus destroys Cyborgs body. The only thing left is Hank astral body.

Couldn't Magneto pull the same trick on Cyborg, that he used on Proteus?

Hank, at core, is a disembodied electronic consciousness, so, if Magneto could destroy his body - which I don't think is likely at all - I do, however, think his energy manipulation and finesse in doing so could at least disperse Hank's energy signature for a good while.

leonidas
that's sorta where i come out of it--i think mags could get some wins by dispersing borg long enough to count as a win. i'm not sure about the odds of his scattering his body though, so i'm not sure who to give a majority to. if mags can't tear him apart, i don't think he can do enough damage to take him out before the borg gets him. and if he has that computer tech in his helmet, he could be f'd from the get go--shield or no shield....

Existere
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Magneto turns him into a strap on for socially retarded asian boys I laughed.

Starscream M
Hank, at core, is a disembodied electronic consciousness, so, if Magneto could destroy his body - which I don't think is likely at all - I do, however, think his energy manipulation and finesse in doing so could at least disperse Hank's energy signature for a good while. thats still a loss for hank

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
thats still a loss for hank

Obviously.

Of course, Magneto would have to destroy Hank's body so completely and utterly in order to even get to that point, which, as I said, is unlikely.

Starscream M
Obviously.

Of course, Magneto would have to destroy Hank's body so completely and utterly in order to even get to that point, which, as I said, is unlikely. why would it be unlikely

hank's worst matchup would be magneto...I seriously can't think of a bigger nightmare for hank

mags could emp fry his circuitry, absorb his energy sources, wreck his body like origami

JakeTheBank
why would it be unlikely

hank's worst matchup would be magneto...I seriously can't think of a bigger nightmare for hank

mags could emp fry his circuitry, absorb his energy sources, wreck his body like origami

Because Hank's ability to regen and control over his own body and nearby tech/machines is pretty absurd. I don't think Magneto could destroy him physically before Hank put himself back together again and just kept at it. And he has Kryptonian parts, as well.

If Cyborg Superman wasn't an extremely high end technopath who was virtually immortal, I guess Magneto would be his worst nightmare.

All of this is unlikely based off of what Hank has done and endured.

wildernesss
Because Hank's ability to regen and control over his own body and nearby tech/machines is pretty absurd. I don't think Magneto could destroy him physically before Hank put himself back together again and just kept at it. And he has Kryptonian parts, as well.

If Cyborg Superman wasn't an extremely high end technopath who was virtually immortal, I guess Magneto would be his worst nightmare.

All of this is unlikely based off of what Hank has done and endured.

magneto ripped wolverine's adamantium from him like it was nothing.

kryptonian parts < adamantium

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by wildernesss
magneto ripped wolverine's adamantium from him like it was nothing.

kryptonian parts > adamantium

Magneto utterly decimating Wolverine means....what, exactly?

Starscream M

All of this is unlikely based off of what Hank has done and endured. when has hank resisted magnetism? magneto controls the very atomic bonds of which hank's body is formed

hank has technopathy...but that is useless if the material is turned to silly putty by magneto's vast control over anything metal

its like wolverine's hf is insane and usually will help him survive ANYTHING, but against magneto, his hf is rendered completely useless

I would argue that magneto's ability to control hank's very atoms renders his technopathy useless as well

wildernesss
Magneto utterly decimating Wolverine means....what, exactly?

I'm referring to his control over adamantium, not logan. kryptonian
parts have nothing on adamantium's durability.

lol. I meant adamantium > kryptonian parts in the previous post.

JakeTheBank
when has hank resisted magnetism? magneto controls the very atomic bonds of which hank's body is formed

hank has technopathy...but that is useless if the material is turned to silly putty by magneto's vast control over anything metal

its like wolverine's hf is insane and usually will help him survive ANYTHING, but against magneto, his hf is rendered completely useless

I would argue that magneto's ability to control hank's very atoms renders his technopathy useless as well

He's resisted Parallax trying to rip him apart. And Hal as Parallax, pre-Johns' era, is definitely more impressive than Magneto. He's also taken the Omega Effect from Darkseid, tanks Green Lantern's attacks, etc. Hank controls his own atoms and his technopathy coupled with his raw physical attributes enables him to literally keep coming back. And the people who have tried and failed to outright destroy Hank are more powerful than Magneto.

Don't compare Wolverine's healing factor to Hank's ability to regenerate.

You could argue that, but ultimately, you'd be wrong.

JakeTheBank
I'm referring to his control over adamantium, not logan. kryptonian
parts have nothing on adamantium's durability.

lol. I meant adamantium > kryptonian parts in the previous post.

Ok.

Still not sure what Magneto's control over adamantium has to do with Henshaw. Wolverine can't ever hope to feasible challenge Magneto. Henshaw can.

I don't see Magneto being more effective in thrashing his body than Green Lanterns or Superman, magnetic control or not.

wildernesss
He's resisted Parallax trying to rip him apart. And Hal as Parallax, pre-Johns' era, is definitely more impressive than Magneto. He's also taken the Omega Effect from Darkseid, tanks Green Lantern's attacks, etc. Hank controls his own atoms and his technopathy coupled with his raw physical attributes enables him to literally keep coming back. And the people who have tried and failed to outright destroy Hank are more powerful than Magneto.

Don't compare Wolverine's healing factor to Hank's ability to regenerate.

You could argue that, but ultimately, you'd be wrong.

magneto has destroyed multiple nimrod sentinels & ripped them apart;
CS was able to resist parallax because it wasn't a metal specific attack...
more of a general energy attack.

JakeTheBank
magneto has destroyed multiple nimrod sentinels & ripped them apart;
CS was able to resist parallax because it wasn't a metal specific attack...
more of a general energy attack.

Cyborg Superman > Nimrod Sentinels, though, so it's more or less a moot point.

I think Cyborg resisting Parallax, who still had the power of the entire Central Battery, is beyond what Magneto could throw at him. If he tears apart his body, Hank builds a new one. He doesn't tire or get weak; he has no endurance or stamina to worry about. Magneto, on the other hand, does.

Even if Magneto rips Hank apart with ease, the fact that Hank would still very much be in the fight and force Magneto to both attack and be on the defensive the entire match would push Erik to the max. He would have to physically destroy Hank's body, the entire battlefield, and disperse his consciousness before Hank could just come back for more, and I don't think he'd be able to do that.

Starscream M
Cyborg Superman > Nimrod Sentinels, though, so it's more or less a moot point.

I think Cyborg resisting Parallax, who still had the power of the entire Central Battery, is beyond what Magneto could throw at him. If he tears apart his body, Hank builds a new one. He doesn't tire or get weak; he has no endurance or stamina to worry about. Magneto, on the other hand, does.

Even if Magneto rips Hank apart with ease, the fact that Hank would still very much be in the fight and force Magneto to both attack and be on the defensive the entire match would push Erik to the max. you dont get it jake erm

parallax is force...magneto is elemental change...resisting one does not imply resistance of the other

just like me saying, hulk and thor can't damage logan's skeleton even with their most powerful attacks...yet magneto plays with it like putty

so just because thor (who is arguably more powerful than magneto) cant do sh1t to logan's skeleton doesn't mean magneto cant

JakeTheBank
you dont get it jake erm

parallax is force...magneto is elemental change...resisting one does not imply resistance of the other

just like me saying, hulk and thor can't damage logan's skeleton even with their most powerful attacks...yet magneto plays with it like putty

so just because thor (who is arguably more powerful than magneto) cant do sh1t to logan's skeleton doesn't mean magneto cant

I get it just fine.

Parallax at that time had the entire Central Power Battery at his disposal, not the watered down willpower crap in the current Johns era. Power rings/the GL Corps in that area weren't limited to energy blasts and constructs.

Thor is more powerful than Magneto, btw.

Magneto being able to control metal and electro-magnetism doesn't mean he auto-wins against Hank. Not when Hank survives being thrown in the Source Wall, tanking blasts from GLs, surviving Superman's onslaughts, enduring the Omega Effect, etc. etc. etc. It would be one thing if Hank couldn't easily put himself back together and be no worse for the wear if Magneto destroys his body, but he can. Which is the problem.

Starscream M
Not when Hank survives being thrown in the Source Wall, tanking blasts from GLs, surviving Superman's onslaughts, enduring the Omega Effect, etc. etc. etc. and wouldn't logan be able to survive all of those as well?

JakeTheBank
and wouldn't logan be able to survive all of those as well?

Are you serious, bro?

Starscream M

Are you serious, bro? why wouldn't I be? which one of those could take out logan permanently? (bfr doesn't count)

JakeTheBank
why wouldn't I be? which one of those could take out logan permanently? (bfr doesn't count)

Being thrown into the Source Wall would kill him.
A powerful enough Green Lantern blast would kill him; Parallax would rape him.
Superman could kill him, but likely wouldn't.
Omega Effect rapes him.

no expression

abhilegend
Hank has fought and defeated energy superman who will stomp magneto. Superman level strength+speed+technopathy+virtual immortal+absurd healing+other powers=magneto loses horribly especially the current magneto who tires himself fighting a predator x.

Starscream M
Being thrown into the Source Wall would kill him.
A powerful enough Green Lantern blast would kill him; Parallax would rape him.
Superman could kill him, but likely wouldn't.
Omega Effect rapes him.

no expression ok I just realized you don't know anything about wolverine. lol at superman or gl killing him. lmfao.

abhilegend

Are you srank, bro?
Fixed.

abhilegend
ok I just realized you don't know anything about wolverine. lol at superman or gl killing him. lmfao.
Are you for real? Logan was nearly killed recently when his entire left side of body was burnt away in x force. Imagine HV or an uber gl blast.

JakeTheBank
ok I just realized you don't know anything about wolverine. lol at superman or gl killing him. lmfao.

baka

You don't think Superman could kill Wolverine if he wanted to? Obviously, he'd never do it in character, even when pissed, but don't be so deluded that you think Superman couldn't kill Logan.

A GL's got better odds than that, especially if they decide to unleash the pain with a 'Krona Buster'.

For the love of God, at least tell me you think Parallax would rape the living shit out of Logan and kill him.

Starscream M
baka

You don't think Superman could kill Wolverine if he wanted to? Obviously, he'd never do it in character, even when pissed, but don't be so deluded that you think Superman couldn't kill Logan.

A GL's got better odds than that, especially if they decide to unleash the pain with a 'Krona Buster'.

For the love of God, at least tell me you think Parallax would rape the living shit out of Logan and kill him. im not familiar enough with parallax to determine whether if he can kill logan or not...if he can matter manipulate, then prob so

Prep-Man
CS ftw.

carver9
Superman CAN'T kill Logan but he can beat the h*** out of him. Logan was burned twice all the way to his skeleton and healed in like 2 panels. Wolverine will always come back.

As for this thread...Magneto wins.

-Pr-

And you know sweet f*ck all about Hank Henshaw, the source wall or any of the other things Jake mentioned.

FFS.

Originally posted by carver9
Superman CAN'T kill Logan but he can beat the h*** out of him. Logan was burned twice all the way to his skeleton and healed in like 2 panels. Wolverine will always come back.

As for this thread...Magneto wins.

Of course he could kill him; don't be silly.

carver9
Superman can't kill Logan.

-Pr-
Superman can kill Logan.

Indeed. Glad you changed your mind.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Indeed. Glad you changed your mind.

Lol...I said can't. What can Superman do to Logan that has never been attempted before that would perma kill him.

This is off topic. As for the thread...Magneto wins.

-Pr-
Lol...I said can't. What can Superman do to Logan that has never been attempted before that would perma kill him.

This is off topic. As for the thread...Magneto wins.

I know what you said, I was correcting you.

You were wrong again, as usual. Silly Carver.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
I know what you said, I was correcting you.

You were wrong again, as usual. Silly Carver.

Lol...I knew what you were doing. sad

Carver is pretty much right 80% of the time.

-Pr-
Lol...I knew what you were doing. sad

Carver is pretty much right 80% of the time.

Of course, though only after the fine folks on this forum have corrected you right?

Mindset
Pr, why are you doing this?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Mindset
He likes to look really smart by comparison

-Pr-

Originally posted by jalek moye
He likes to look really smart by comparison

Stoic
This seems like Magneto's kind of fight, and the battlefield is certainly in his favor. I think that Henshaw would be subdued by the very environment that this fight takes place on, and buried, or encased in tons of metallic debris.

JakeTheBank
Do you think burying Henshaw in tons of debris would stop him?

He's easily class 100+.

Mindset
What if he buries him in class 101+ tons of debris?

Stoic
Do you think burying Henshaw in tons of debris would stop him?

He's easily class 100+.

If he were encased in hundreds of tons of compressed metallic debris, reinforced by his Magnetic powers, and the fact that Henshaw's very body would be working against him when faced by someone of Magneto's caliber... Hell yeah.

JakeTheBank
That might be viable if his organic parts weren't Kryptonian in nature and if he couldn't likewise use that tech and random shit lying around to his own advantage as well.

I really don't see Magneto having better control over Hank's body than Hank himself has. The environment is a different story.

cdtm
Nothing to stop Henshaw from just possessing Mags helm and squashing his head like a grape, like he nearly did to Steel in his armor.

OneDumbG0
^ Henshaw can do that with non-machinery (which I assume Magneto's helmet is)?

cdtm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Henshaw can do that with non-machinery (which I assume Magneto's helmet is)?

It's supposed to have circuitry (to filter telepaths) in it.

Mindset
Since when?

cdtm
Since when?

Since always. o_o

I see Leo asked about it earlier in the thread, so I'm not just making that up. The helms supposed to contain tech that blocks telepaths.

Brockalizer
I love CS, but I'm going with Magneto on this one. The post stated to the death OR k.o. To me that means that it is irrelevant if CS can protect himself from an EMP attack or reconstitute himself. Magneto wouldn't need it. Hank is made up of large amounts Kryptonian alloys, until someone definitively proves those alloys are non metallic, Magneto could rip CS to pieces with a thought. Instant K.O

Mindset
Since always. o_o

I see Leo asked about it earlier in the thread, so I'm not just making that up. The helms supposed to contain tech that blocks telepaths. Sorry, youre both wrong.

I'll ignore it this time.

cdtm
With all that tech nearby, even ripping apart his body likely won't result in a KO before he forms another body.

Superman kept ripping him apart and blasting him with heat vision in Superman/Doomsday, and it wasn't getting him anywhere.

Of far greater importance, is the fact Cyborg Superman has heat vision, and super speed due to Kryptionian physiology. Even without feats proving he has speed on Supermans level or can blitz, it's indisputable he DOES have super speed, as he shares all the powers of a Kryptonian. I'd bet money on him frying Mags, before he can erect a shield or rip his body apart..

OneDumbG0
It's supposed to have circuitry (to filter telepaths) in it. Even if it does, do you really think that circuitry is strong enough to crush his head when Magneto can himself exert counter-forces on the entirety of the helmet (circuitry and other metal and all)?

TheLordofMurder
With all that tech nearby, even ripping apart his body likely won't result in a KO before he forms another body.

Superman kept ripping him apart and blasting him with heat vision in Superman/Doomsday, and it wasn't getting him anywhere.

Of far greater importance, is the fact Cyborg Superman has heat vision, and super speed due to Kryptionian physiology. Even without feats proving he has speed on Supermans level or can blitz, it's indisputable he DOES have super speed, as he shares all the powers of a Kryptonian. I'd bet money on him frying Mags, before he can erect a shield or rip his body apart..

You know, I was thinking this as well; all Henshaw has to do is get to Magneto once...1 blow lands flush on Magneto's frail human body and its all over.

While its true that Henshaw would most likely be vulnerable to Magneto's power, Magneto failing to a speed blitz by Henshaw is not at all out of the question...

Brockalizer

However, Superman was ripping his apart one piece at a time. Magneto could potentially rip out thousands of pieces simultaneously. Magneto's shield has held up to some pretty powerful attacks. If it's already up at the beginning of the fight, then the few fractions of a second it would take Henshaw to overcome it would be plenty of time for Mags to do his thing.

WhiteWitchKing
That might be viable if his organic parts weren't Kryptonian in nature and if he couldn't likewise use that tech and random shit lying around to his own advantage as well.

I really don't see Magneto having better control over Hank's body than Hank himself has. The environment is a different story.

What if Magneto formed a force field around him and used a ripped the metal out of Cyborg the way he did adamantium from wolverine? Assuming he can rip apart Cyborg, how will Cyborg counter?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
What if Magneto formed a force field around him and used a ripped the metal out of Cyborg the way he did adamantium from wolverine? Assuming he can rip apart Cyborg, how will Cyborg counter?

Assuming he rips him apart before Hank can react (which is doubtful), Hank regenerates and rebuilds another body.

It would be one thing if Erik could destroy him completely and utterly and Hank couldn't feasibly just bring himself back together. But he can. And eventually, he's going to tire out, where as Hank will not. Furthermore, Cyborg will have a considerable degree of control over his own body as well as the tech in the area. The Wolverine comparison is moot as Wolverine can't effortlessly heal injury nigh-instantly and morph and create new bodies out of virtually whatever is lying around.

Can Magneto physically rend Hank apart? Sure, he could, but he'd also have to deal with Hank just putting himself back together again as well as the integrated technological weapons and abilities Hank has. I don't think Magneto is going to win a quick draw contest with a guy who was able to calculate the proper trajectory needed to BFR Doomsday and send him in a perpetual cruise across the galaxy.

Can Magneto disperse his energy signature? Sure, I believe he can. But he'd have to efficiently and completely destroy Henshaw first and prevent him from coming back. And I don't think Erik can do that feasibly for the majority.

I don't think it's impossible for Erik to conceivably beat Cyborg Superman at all. He has the power to do so. Just not for the majority, imho.

celeyhyga17
Bump

AsbestosFlaygon
Interesting fight.

I think Magneto can rip him apart, which gives him the initial win, and thus, wins this match.

Hank will eventually overwhelm him though in the long run.

TheHulk
I'll safetly go with Mags

abhilegend
How is Magneto ripping him apart? Is everybody forgetting Hank's strength and durability? Not to mention he can negate magnetic forces.

maxivitopowe
Scans?

DarkRaiden
Mags. Unfortunately Cyborg Supes is too metal to win. Also Mags doesn't have human durability like...ever. He's tanked nukes, punches from Colossus, Quicksilver, Hercules, etc.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Mags. Unfortunately Cyborg Supes is too metal to win. Also Mags doesn't have human durability like...ever. He's tanked nukes, punches from Colossus, Quicksilver, Hercules, etc.

Magnus has endured these things over what length of time?

Cyborg Superman posseses a combination of speed and power he has never encountered.

Reshiram
lol Magneto won't last more than 20 seconds her.

Henshaw is physically on par with Superman, has matter and energy manipulation and can send his consiousness into whatever he wants.

Hanks body isn't made out of metal, its made out of whatever he wants. If he wanted to compose his body out of paper machete he could.

Also, Magneto has no chance of damaging him. Magneto was unable to damage Paulie Provenzano because of his duraiblity, and Paulie is on the low end when it comes to superhuman durability where as Hank at his peak has survived black holes.

Not to mention Hank could easily blitz Magneto's face off.

Literally nothing Mags can do where Hank can kill Mags in like 9 different ways.

Magneto isn't a herald level character and never will be, he needs to stick to what he does best, getting his ass kicked by the likes of Iron Man.

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend
How is Magneto ripping him apart? Is everybody forgetting Hank's strength and durability? Not to mention he can negate magnetic forces.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Scans?

He did produce an "ion disruptor" that negated Superman Blue's energy sphere. Whether it was magnetic or electromagnetic wasn't specified, but I'd think it would work on either.

h1a8
This is a hard fight. Mags can possibly rip Cyborg up, but again that's not messing with his consciousness. So this could be a stalemate (or a win for Mags if we count incapaciting an opponent for a certain length of time).

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by h1a8
This is a hard fight. Mags can possibly rip Cyborg up, but again that's not messing with his consciousness. So this could be a stalemate (or a win for Mags if we count incapaciting an opponent for a certain length of time).

If Parallax couldn't harm Cyborg Superman in that manner, how can Magneto?

Reshiram
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
If Parallax couldn't harm Cyborg Superman in that manner, how can Magneto? He can't. The only argument people can come up with is that Hank is made out of metal, when Hank is made out of whatever he wishes and can manipulate matter.

People are assuming that Mags can damage Henshaw when Mags couldn't even damage Paulie Provenzano.

Then they assume that Mags is somehow going to survive Henshaw either blitzing him, vaporizing him with Heat Vision or killing him in one of 4 or 5 other ways. As if Henshaw is going to simply stand there while Mags launches an assault.

Magneto gets wrecked by most if not all Herald level characters. He needs to stick to fighting and losing to mid tier characters like Tony Stark.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.