South Park: The Stick of Truth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
THQ & Obsidian's South Park: The Game Coming in 2012

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10248-THQ---Obsidian-s-South-Park--The-Game-Coming-in-
2012.html

Please don't let it fail like the other game that come out in 98.

dadudemon
Sounds interesting. Of course, it sounds like another massive gimmick.

Kazenji
Screenshots

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10485-South-Park--The-Game-Screens-Have-Themselves-a-Time.html

Smasandian
Doesn't look too bad.

KingD19
Matt and Trey are working personally on this, so it should be good.

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
Matt and Trey are working personally on this, so it should be good.

Yeah, that's why I have faith in this one.

Nephthys
Apparantly one of the classes will be 'Jew'. Jew-magic ftw.

Morridini
I need to see a video soon, the screenshots look amazing, but I need to see it in action.

Kosmic King
Count me in

Kazenji
Its been given a new name

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Impediment
So this is a full scale RPG with South Park graphics akin to the actual television show?

Sweet.

Greysen93
I'm definitely looking forward to it

Kazenji
Yet another game pushed foward to 2013

http://kotaku.com/5910574/south-park-rpg-bumped-back-to-next-year

Kazenji
bkZHv-9e2ro

Impediment
LOL at Mr. Slave being a summon spell who swallows people with his ass.

Kazenji
The game has been delayed to 2014 now & THQ's having financial trouble

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13337-THQ-Delays-South-Park--The-Stick-of-Truth-as-Financial-Troubles-Continue.html

Kazenji
1s5D-ocDvxQ

Kazenji
5tLmOcBjYFg

Kazenji
Some new screens

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-10857-South-Park--Stick-of-Truth-Screens-Escape-Out-of-Gamescom.html

Kazenji
IaaV29_Gq-g

hooray now it has a release date.

Impediment
Finally!

I'm super excited for this game!

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/SPRK_CE_RENDER_EMEA_COLLECTOR_UK_zpsa0bd9a8c.jpg

BlackZero30x
I. Want.

Kazenji
They've delayed the game again

is now scheduled for March 4 of next year

and also a new gameplay video

sAbMBx9bZic

-Pr-
Actually looks half decent.

Kazenji
1A0GDNzdrcQ

Kazenji
HG4hLi3MFtk

Firefly218
This is awesome thumb up

Kazenji
I know with the Australian version its going to be censored, But its only for some mini-games. Which from what i've read it seems to be focused on sexual violence and they're going to picture of a crying Koala on those laughing laughing

just noticed that last video has been removed by the user...**** that user.

Kazenji
b03K5SgYI2M

Impediment
You can pre-order this game from the PSN as of now.

I seriously want this game right now.

Kazenji
Achievement list

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/south-park-the-stick-of-truth/achievements/

Stealth Moose
It's pre-orderable on Steam too.

Impediment
Watch the first thirteen minutes of The Stick of Truth.

This look so much fun!

Impediment
After watching the video for a second time and pausing it to carefully examine the menu screens, along with analyzing the combat menus and options, I'm of the opinion that this game will play very similarly to the Paper Mario games.

That said, I'm still super excited for this game and my only worry is just how long the game will be. The player profile screen reads as being able to go from level 0 to 50.

Impediment
I was dead on about the "Paper Mario" play style.

Here's a positive article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/14/could-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-be-the-best-licensed-game-ever?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

ares834
Originally posted by Impediment
Watch the first thirteen minutes of The Stick of Truth.

This look so much fun!

This looks fantastic! I never anticipated it to be as funny as an actual episode.

Kazenji
Obsidian should do more games based on animated shows if this one does well.

Kazenji
Game gets consored in europe, middle east & africa

Impediment
How idiotic.

Kazenji
All the fuss seems to be all about the anal probing scenes, Which is stupid really......we're okay to watch it happen on the tv show but soon as it appears in a game. Nope we can't have that

noticed in that link it says the PC version will be unaffected in those territories... erm

Impediment
This is why I'm glad to live in America.

I find it incredibly insulting for other countries to censor something as trivial as a video game since they, the officials, think that they have the right to tell other people what they can and can't see or play.

Kazenji
At most with the Australian version only 5 mins will be missing

not really worth losing sleep over.

KingD19
Australia censors games...yet they let Kangaroos murder people and have spiders the size of dinner plates that eat birds. Get your priorities straight, Aussie Land.

Kazenji
Australia censors games...yet they let Kangaroos murder people and have spiders the size of dinner plates that eat birds. Get your priorities straight, Aussie Land.

Its mainly sexual violence related stuff now.

jinXed by JaNx

What about those rabbits?

Kazenji
Or the Drop Bears.

Impediment
4 hours into it.

This game. Is So. F*cking. Fun!

Kazenji
I've read if you stick to the main story. Its only 10-12 hours

seriously who the **** does that anyway.

Impediment
There are tons of side quests.

Right now, I'm fighting aliens and rescuing Randy Marsh's anus from violent probing,

Impediment
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've read if you stick to the main story. Its only 10-12 hours

seriously who the **** does that anyway.

I'm 14 hours into this game right now and I'm not even half way done.

Kazenji
Got my Grand Wizard edition today and have been playing it, Just been exploring the town. Currently just been to City Wok

i went with the thief...i'll try out the Jew class later on just so i can get that trophy

the Aus version is still good, Still has all the usual South Park shannigans....i wasn't really bothered about not seeing anal probing & abortion's.

KingD19
According to Cartman, I looked sneaky enough to be a thief. My character is black though.

But who am I to deny the Grand Wizard of the KKK?

Kazenji
What are those weird antenna things around the town that you come across?

KingD19
Ironically they're teleportation points that you can only use after you break off a probe in your ass when you get abducted

Impediment
I don't think I can take much more from this game.

It's either going to make me have an aneurism from laughter, or my jaw will break from slamming to the floor in utter disbelief.

The things I have seen, thus far:

Nazi zombies, Nazi zombie rats, Nazi zombie aborted fetuses, the 10 foot tall, gargantuan Nazi zombie abortion of Chloe Kardashian, seeing my character's parents have sex while shrunken down to Underwear Pants Gnome size, doing battle with Underpants Gnomes UNDERNEATH my parents while they are having sex, dodging my dad's huge swinging scrotum Matrix style, and, finally, having my dad's huge scrotum land on top of me and squash me.

Yeah.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This game is amazing.

Nephthys
QdRyyFnCRdo

9/10. This game looks so sweet.

Impediment
I just finished it, and it took me a little over 20 hours, side quests included.

I can't wait to start another campaign as another class. My first character was fighter, and my next one will be Jew.

The final boss was kinda weak sauce, but the game itself is nothing short of magical.

The one thing that puckered my ass hole about this game is that summons can only be used once per day, and when the next day arrives, you have to track down that certain character just to reactivate the ability to summon them again. Also, you can't use summons in boss fights. Lame.

The game isn't perfect, but the overall story, black & twisted humor, game play, and boss battles are fantastically fun.

9 out of 10, easily.

KingD19
Jew? I guess we'll never really be friends then.

And I can understand why the summons can't be used in boss battles. They "say" they're afraid of bosses, but the sheer damage they do would end pretty much every fight in the game instantly.

Impediment
My favorite part was Canada.

Holy shit, I started guffawing when I saw the graphics!

KingD19
Did you see those Dire Wolves? You do know what a Dire Wolf is don't you? It's like a wolf, but Dire.

Also I loved Canada too...then I got Dire AIDS. But it's cool, I got it fixed so I only had Magic Johnson AIDS.

Impediment
How do you cure Dire AIDS? I never did and when I beat the game, I inadvertently earned a trophy for beating the game with AIDS.

KingD19
You go to the Poke'Mon/Health Center in the first town in Canada. Ottawa? Whichever one the Prince and Princess are in. It costs 5 Canada dollars to get healed and your AIDS goes along with it.

Do you get an Achievement for sitting there and listening to Jimmy every time he stutters through something?

Impediment
No, but you get a trophy for watching your parents have sex for more than 90 seconds.

KingD19
You do? Dammit. I just fought and killed the Gnome Warlock. Wait, at any time? Since there's like 2-3 different times you see them.

Impediment
When you're standing on the dresser and can see them in the background as they have sex and switch positions. You have to look in their direction.

KingD19
Ah. That scene was hilarious.

Mom: **** me *****!
Dad: Oh yeah, call me a *****!
Mom: ...I just did!
Dad: You wanna see me in the panties?

Impediment
Greatest level in the game was Mr. Slaves ass.

I actually was taken aback with shock at what was in there.

KingD19
I just made it past that level.

Kazenji
I just finished beating up the Mongolian kids in that tower

originally i did it when i first started the game but i got my ass handed to me by them.

Impediment
I started another campaign, this time as a Jew.

First time I played, my loyalty was to the Humans. This time I'm siding with the Elves.

Jew abilities are way better than Fighter abilities.

Still trying to friend everyone in South Park. Last time I played, I missed out friending Big Gay Al when I was....uh...somewhere very uncomfortable.

I didn't even know you could friend all of the Satanic Woodland Critters until I saw it on YouTube. You have to navigate the woods on the East side of town in a specific way.

Kazenji
Found out for those people who pre-orderd the game and used the DLC that comes with it, It ****s up the game....good thing i haven't used my one.

jinXed by JaNx
Great game. Its certainly funny and even compelling, considering the source material. I'm having a blast. I just wish there were a bit more depth to the combat. Using the same two moves through most of the game almost gets old. Having a great time and would highly recommend it. I suppose it's worth playing just so you can say you got crushed by a nut sack.

BlackZero30x
Found out for those people who pre-orderd the game and used the DLC that comes with it, It ****s up the game....good thing i haven't used my one.

What DLC? I got the fellowship pack with my copy, redeemed it, and used it. I had no problem with mine.

On another note the fellowship pack is alright but its only useful while your character is lvl 2-3.

Impediment
Goddammit.

I just learned that you get a trophy for beating the chief ginger hall monitor boss while playing as a Jew and wearing freckles.

I wasn't wearing freckles.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
What DLC? I got the fellowship pack with my copy, redeemed it, and used it. I had no problem with mine.

Yeah its that pack

i read a bit more on it, It seems the people who have been having problems with it...they redeemed the DLC code before the game does it's install (PS3 version does a initial install)

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Great game. Its certainly funny and even compelling, considering the source material. I'm having a blast. I just wish there were a bit more depth to the combat. Using the same two moves through most of the game almost gets old. Having a great time and would highly recommend it. I suppose it's worth playing just so you can say you got crushed by a nut sack.

You have to use alot more of the moves later on with the battle's, Because you get the occasinial battle that hard.

Impediment
It's not saying much, but Al Gore's fights were the hardest, IMO.

I'm talking about the Unfriend mission and ManBearPig.

Rage.Of.Olympus
This was the best game ever. I don't remember the last time I've ever laughed so hard or had so much fun playing a game.

KingD19
Originally posted by Impediment
It's not saying much, but AL Gore's fights were the hardest, IMO.

I'm talking about the Unfriend mission and ManBearPig.

I had to level up a pretty good bit before I even tried fighting the "Sort of Former Vice Preesident"

Kazenji
I also had trouble with the bacteria quest from Jimbo that's in the school, Wasn't sure how to beat the damn thing until i read just use stun on it and then attack it.

BlackZero30x
Yeah its that pack

i read a bit more on it, It seems the people who have been having problems with it...they redeemed the DLC code before the game does it's install (PS3 version does a initial install)

You have to use alot more of the moves later on with the battle's, Because you get the occasinial battle that hard. Ooh ok. Im playing on a (borrowed) 360.

Kazenji
The deleted content

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/03/27/the-deleted-content-of-south-park-the-stick-of-truth.aspx

i remember seeing some of those in a Gameinformer, Hope that there's some DLC on the way.

Firefly218
Pretty mediocre game. Doesn't have the magic of the show

BloodRawEngine
^Yeah bullshit.

Kazenji
Yeah 100% bs

not sure what version you played Firefly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.