Black Adam/Genocide vs Hope/Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
stick out tongue big grin wink mad laughing out loud Happy Dance

Q99
BA/Geno. Should be pretty easy to blitz hope before she copies anyone too strong, and the lasso should work on Colossus as well.

guy222
hope is powerful

Q99
Hope is powerful if she charges up, and even then she only holds it for a relatively short time.

guy222
do u think she's jean grey?

nwg202
The blitz is the key. Hope is possibly the most powerful person in this fight but if she comes into battle without any powers. she can get knocked out. ( she's still young and inexperienced, and nowhere near her full potential) and with their flight and strength, they can BFR Colossus into space or the sun. (it wont kill him since he has regen and is immortal) but hel be out of the fight.

If they don't blitz and act in character and talk first and underestimate a kid, id give it to Hope and Colossus.

JakeTheBank
Team 1

guy222
how?

JakeTheBank
Well, I don't think Hope would feasibly be able to do her gimmick before it's too late. I don't think Adam would start off with a blitz, especially against Hope (people forget Adam does have a sense of honor and isn't always out to murder someone), but Genocide, given her hatred for women and the fact that she is always out for blood, would likely teleport in and cause massive damage, either physically or with the lasso.

guy222
blitz?

who said speed blitz?

no one mentioned piotr has juggy lvl powa

JakeTheBank
I think both Q99 and nwg said it.

I personally don't think Adam would start of blitzing right away, anyway, not without an assessment of some kind.

And Colossus would still be able to be effect via soul manipulation from the lasso via Genocide, imo.

guy222
i never mentioned any blitzing

do u think adam beats piotr

or

genocide>hope

Q99
Yea, I said blitz.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, I don't think Hope would feasibly be able to do her gimmick before it's too late. I don't think Adam would start off with a blitz, especially against Hope (people forget Adam does have a sense of honor and isn't always out to murder someone), but Genocide, given her hatred for women and the fact that she is always out for blood, would likely teleport in and cause massive damage, either physically or with the lasso.

Geno also hates teenagers.

I'll note Adam can blitz without being murder-y, just speed up and KO the girl.

nwg202
why would you take away blitzing? That's the one thing were adam has a clear advantage. speed and flight Why would you stand there and slug it out with an Avatar of Cyttorak? ( not the smartest thing to do..)It's not all about punching power and damage soak. It wont be easy getting pete in space since supes and the jla struggles with mogol, grundy, shaggyman etc...but i think it can be done especially w/ geno there..

due to inexperience genocide can take hope. ( of course after next year Hope might prove to be too much for most heroes) but current Hope is still a kid.

i agree with you that Hope might be the most powerful here..but currently il give it to the dc team. The outcome of this fight might change later.wel see...

guy222
glad u did friend

there's no blitzing

fight like men

nwg202
hmmm in my opinion having the flight and speed advantage and not using it, dosn't make you a man, it kinda makes you stupid... no offence meant of course. I just don't see why adam wouldnt blitz Colossus. Why would he stand there and trade blows? why would he allow pete to use his unstoppable enchantment? where is the logic in that? The way to beat Colossus is to get him of the ground just like Cain...

JakeTheBank
Well, Adam wouldn't know about any of that. At best, he'd know that he's a tough opponent physically. And Adam can still use his speed, but I don't think he's going to start blitzing from the get-go.

guy222
guy222 never takes any offense

i find it silly any dc cat speed blitzes ftw

doesn't work like that in a comic

i know the rules here which is why i added my stipulation

i said fight like men duke it out glove em up and may the best bums win stick out tongue

laughing out loud

nwg202
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, Adam wouldn't know about any of that. At best, he'd know that he's a tough opponent physically. And Adam can still use his speed, but I don't think he's going to start blitzing from the get-go.

well i agree, but when he sees himself getting pushed back and he sees his foe keep on regenerating, he will take to the air and try to throw him somewhere when he learns Pete can't fly. It wont be easy but adam is a beast too, i think he can eventually get pete into orbit especially with geno's help.

Colossus, shaggyman, Cain all the unstoppable bricks normally end up stranded in space...lol after a long battle since punching power wont cut it...

guy222
how do u yall rank em 1-4

nwg202
Hope is probably the Black Alice of marvel... you take her out quick or your in trouble. This team can do that in my opinion

guy222
t2 still because of hope

Q99
Genocide just 'ports in and KOs Hope.

nwg- big difference, Hope doesn't steal powers, just copies mutant ones.

nwg202
actually after the avengers vs x-men series, i might change my answer to hope and Colossus. It seems they are gearing up hope to be some insanely powerful individual since they are matching her up with wanda.

Well yes that is true, mutants around hope dont lose their powers when she uses theirs. i used the black alice analogy since she targets magical based powers while hope goes for mutant powerd individuals. Black alice also seems to lose control the more powerful the individual she ltargets.

Q99
Point is, what makes Black Alice so unbeatable is she can just depower any magic-power foe.

Hope can copy what is needed, but she needs to decide to power up. She can easily be dropped before that and, depending on what power she uses, after too.

KingD19
What makes Hope so powerful is that she doesn't just copy the power, she's like 10 times more powerful and skilled with it than the original person. And Hope getting new powers is basically instant.

nwg202
Originally posted by Q99
Point is, what makes Black Alice so unbeatable is she can just depower any magic-power foe.

Hope can copy what is needed, but she needs to decide to power up. She can easily be dropped before that and, depending on what power she uses, after too.

Can't black alice be taken out by someone like flash before she goes all godlike? I havn't see all of her fights. I assumed both hope and alice had the same weakness. They start out as baseline humans and they both need to be surrounded by mutants or magical beings.

we still have to see what connection hope has to pf force. power mimicry might just be one of her powers.

guy222
friends, don't underestimate the mutants they are powerful because of their creators

Q99
Originally posted by nwg202
Can't black alice be taken out by someone like flash before she goes all godlike?

Sure, but she can power up really fast and normally does so. Plus, most magic people aren't like Flash, so she can yoink them before they do anything. Alice can also do multiple powers, so she can also power up the moment a fight begins and still depower her opponent.

Hope needs to decide what power to use, and she normally doesn't do it immediately because she can't keep the power indefinitely/has backlash. She likes to make a tactical call since if she makes a wrong call, she gets tired out by it.

Most of the powers she would call aren't a match for Genocide, mind you, and it's only really going out that she could win, and she has never gone to that right at the start of a fight.

I'll re-emphasize that the thing that makes Black Alice such a trump card against magic is the stealing aspect, not just raw power.

guy222
flash nor alice is in the thread friend

will u change ur answer when u see hope's power in play

do u think genocide defeating diana is enough to stop piotr

Q99
Originally posted by guy222
flash nor alice is in the thread friend

Yea, Genocide is. And Genocide's a teleporting stronger-than-WW with a means to attack people's souls and intended to be used against pantheons.

Oh, I've seen it. Read Second Coming and follow Generation Hope. That's why I'm pretty sure she'll lose.

It won't help much if Geno teleports right up to her, and she doesn't go phoenix-y off the bat.

Remember, Genocide easily took down GL John Stewart with the lasso's power by attacking his soul. She'll have no problem doing the same to Piotr.

nwg202
well if we are going by current hope, i did state that the team dc probably takes it. However if are going by hopes potential in the future i think the marvel team takes it. Assuming she lives up to the hype. 7's across the board are reserved for very few and very powerful individuals. she might be in franklin, legion and hom wanda territory...

Q99
Yea, futureHope may be at high power much more constantly.

guy222
i said flash or alice isn't in the thread remember

genocide was eventually defeated by diana

saying that there's nothing it can do against hope period stick out tongue

we can go round and round and u can try and convince me

hope is the reason the bird wants a new avatar...that power and hope's abilities....far far exceed t 1 disagree is cool

and those know me i am having fun after a difficult few days

guy222
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, Genocide is. And Genocide's a teleporting stronger-than-WW with a means to attack people's souls and intended to be used against pantheons.

Oh, I've seen it. Read Second Coming and follow Generation Hope. That's why I'm pretty sure she'll lose.

It won't help much if Geno teleports right up to her, and she doesn't go phoenix-y off the bat.

Remember, Genocide easily took down GL John Stewart with the lasso's power by attacking his soul. She'll have no problem doing the same to Piotr.

she's powerful....hope>genocide stick out tongue

Q99
And I pointed out how Genocide could win.

Yes, someone who has her powers constantly and was the one person who could also use the lasso and didn't have to worry about the soul attack.

Well, it's not like you're doing anything to convince me. You're just saying 'Hope is powerful,' but like I point out, her power has limits. Namely, she needs to activate it, while Genocide can teleport right in close to her, and even activated she's still not strong enough unless she goes Phoenix, which she doesn't do right off the bat.

Genocide is a legitimate trans level foe with both physical power and a truly nasty hax attack that insta-KOed a GL.

Hope isn't ready for that kind of opponent.

guy222
and she is u just don't see that

i have more important things to consider than impress anyone here

my posts are to inform and those can pick and choose its not that hard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.