WWH vs Shadowcat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
No PIS, CIS for Kitty.

Phasing is auto-on even when she's not willing it like how it was before.

Consider Kitty's highest showings like phasing the bullet, phasing a team in the middle of an atomic explosion and pseudo teleporting.

DarkSaint85
Never really did understand Kitty's powers. If she's phasing someone, can that someone affect her?

psy_blade
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Never really did understand Kitty's powers. If she's phasing someone, can that someone affect her?

Most probably, unless she turns the phasing off on herself or the other person, or just losing physical contact altogether.

Bouboumaster
I say Hulk still win fairly easely.

psy_blade
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I say Hulk still win fairly easely.

How?

Bouboumaster
What if she phase threw him? Or in the core of the Earth?
Hulk can regenerate, and already went in the core of a planet. On the other hand, Hulk can murder her shit with a thunderclap, or just make her phase threw the ground until she dies.

Ptr_Grifin
I think she could at least KO him if she phased his head into the ground or another object.

nwg202
stalemate, if kitty does not act stupid like she did in wwhulk. She stopped and worried about hulk. and was blindsided by a thuder clap while she was talking to Colossus. plus she can phase things in his head. wont kill him probably...

gogogadgetgo
Auto-phase? Then wouldn't anything WWH did just phase through her? No pis and cis? then she'd just phase Hulk into the ground and leave him there. Sure, he'd break free. But she could phase him deep into the earth's crust immobilizing Hulk long enough for a forum win.

Annnndd...thats about it. either that or stalemate.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Auto-phase? Then wouldn't anything WWH did just phase through her? No pis and cis? then she'd just phase Hulk into the ground and leave him there. Sure, he'd break free. But she could phase him deep into the earth's crust immobilizing Hulk long enough for a forum win.

Annnndd...thats about it. either that or stalemate. no, keep going with this train of thought please. next, hulk smashes his way out of the planet and then what happens next?

psy_blade
I think making Hulk fall through 10 miles of phased earth should count as BFR. Also, Kitty could theoretically take WWH's head off by phasing it out of sync with earth's rotation.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by psy_blade
I think making Hulk fall through 10 miles of phased earth should count as BFR. Also, Kitty could theoretically take WWH's head off by phasing it out of sync with earth's rotation.

But won't she have to be touching him? So when he falls, she has to fall with him, thus BFRing them both....

psy_blade
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But won't she have to be touching him? So when he falls, she has to fall with him, thus BFRing them both....

She can just phase the ground. She phased a bullet composed of high dense alien material that was 10 miles long. That means she can extend her phasing at least 10 miles down the earth because earth is less dense and won't strain her as much. She won't have to be close to WWH at all.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no, keep going with this train of thought please. next, hulk smashes his way out of the planet and then what happens next?

like I said, he breaks free. climbs up pissed like shit, then gets phased back down into the earths crust. rinse and repeat...

Unless you mean Hulk busts the planet in which case they both float around doin nothin. Kitty dies first leaving hulk to float around in space.

psy_blade

Unless you mean Hulk busts the planet in which case they both float around doin nothin. Kitty dies first leaving hulk to float around in space.

Kitty can stop all her bodily functions when phased. That's why she was able to survive in the bullet without food, water and air.

The Sorrow
Kitty can stop all her bodily functions when phased. That's why she was able to survive in the bullet without food, water and air.
How does her phasing actually work if you don't mind me asking?

psy_blade
Originally posted by The Sorrow
How does her phasing actually work if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not sure, but the popular answer is that her atoms can pass through the spaces between the atoms of other things. Although it doesn't explain the other many things she can do with her phasing.

gogogadgetgo

not sure if her powers work differently now, but didn't she have to hold her breath to phase?

I know that at one time she lost control of her powers and was in a permanent phase mode.

psy_blade
not sure if her powers work differently now, but didn't she have to hold her breath to phase?

I know that at one time she lost control of her powers and was in a permanent phase mode.

There was a time that being phased was her natural state. Before, she had to hold her breath whenever she phased into something, but since the giant bullet feat, her powers must've upgraded or something.

psycho gundam
Kitty can stop all her bodily functions when phased. That's why she was able to survive in the bullet without food, water and air. sounds like PIS.

I was So amazed by magneto that i must have forgotten about her.

ExodusCloak
sounds like PIS.

I was So amazed by magneto that i must have forgotten about her.

She's been stuck in phase mode a long time ago. They went to Mr Fantastic to fix her. She's always been able to survive without food, air, water in phased mode.

psycho gundam
Oh well, looks like we hit an empasse then

psy_blade
...But Kitty can Hurt WWH and WWH still doesn't have anything that can hurt, kill or move Kitty.

psycho gundam
k hurt him how? if there is a time to post her feats it's now, she's in around 5 threads a year maximum

SamZED
What's stopping her from fazing his head off his neck. Or his brain..

Konton
^ Well, she's never detached anything via phasing before, unless you count the alternate reality in which she phased off Logan's claws. I doubt it's canon.

Her only means of truly hurting him, based on what we've seen, is phasing him into another object - like the ground. But in the WWH/X-Men story, she tried that and he just busted through the earth. Granted, she didn't pull him that far under, but she /was/ trying to kill him. She showed instant remorse afterwords when she thought that she indeed had, so we can pretty much assume that he's just too durable... Or that the writer is dumb.

We also recently saw Sebastian Shaw call her bluff when she threatened to solidify her arm in his chest cavity. He knew that she would lose a hand if she tried it and commented on how she only did it because she couldn't unphase at the time and there was no risk. If she was more in control, she could of stuck something in him, but she didn't and Emma had to take control of the situation.

cdtm
Originally posted by SamZED
What's stopping her from fazing his head off his neck. Or his brain..

Scans?

I'm with Psycho, I'd like to see her stuff, instead of just hearing about it.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Konton
We also recently saw Sebastian Shaw call her bluff when she threatened to solidify her arm in his chest cavity. He knew that she would lose a hand if she tried it and commented on how she only did it because she couldn't unphase at the time and there was no risk. If she was more in control, she could of stuck something in him, but she didn't and Emma had to take control of the situation. a weaker, dying hulk already "meh'd" someone that actually did it and did it better decades ago:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/captainmarvel3.jpg

cdtm
Thor looks pissed. Hulks in for it now.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor looks pissed. Hulks in for it now.
That fight had such potential but as usual Marvel chickened out and ended it in a stalemate.

Konton
Eh, you can't really argue that Vison "does it better" because the mechanics behind the phasing is so different.

Vision couldn't do what Kitty did on Breakworld, I'd imagine. Or what she did with the bullet.

She KOd Loa by phasing through her, too.

psycho gundam
not really; shadowcat makes her atoms permeate another object by simply bypassing the object's atoms, the vision reduces how many atoms his body is made up of and the space they take up allowing him to pass through objects, and then the contrary ability to add more atoms to his body.

vision would have gotten the job done on shaw and it would have been even more damaging than what shadowcat could have ever hoped to do with the same technique

her other feats are not what i'm talking about, but since you brought it up, yes he is incapable of those

edit*

vision actually CAN sort of effect others with his density control. when the hulk finally succumbed to his condition after that fight, making both hulk and banner's atomic structure expand into wraith states, the vision was the one who fixed them with his power by matching their density and bringing it back to normal.

psy_blade
a weaker, dying hulk already "meh'd" someone that actually did it and did it better decades ago:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/captainmarvel3.jpg

Vision didn't solidify his arm, nor there was an intent to. It only showed Hulk being hurt when V phased through him, what more if Vision solidified his arm. Still the fact still remains that there is nothing Hulk can do to Kitty because of the nature of their powers. Hulk can't punch Kitty, he can't BFR her, he can't use thunderclap on her, he can't even outlive her because Kitty can become immortal if she stayed phased forever since she can stop her bodily functions while phased. But Shadowcat can BFR him. That means he can't beat Kitty nor he will be beating any X team with Kitty in it.

Konton
Kitty cant BFR him though. The ground trick doesn't work on WWH.

She could detach herself from gravity I guess, but, uh, that's more like BFRing herself.

Nietzschean
Kitty would kill Hulk with no PIS or CIS.
She could simply remove his brain and it be over.
it would take hulk days to regenerate a new brain if he didnt die since their would be no rage to feed his regen.. at the very least it would be a temp ko for the 10 count.

gogogadgetgo
What if Kitty phased a bowling ball sized chunk of adamantium into hulks head?

psycho gundam
won't work. hulk has his anti-adamantium helmet in his back pocket for such an occasion.

SamZED
What if Kitty phased a bowling ball sized chunk of adamantium into hulks head?

Hulk would become smarter and destroy her.

Damborgson
Originally posted by SamZED
Hulk would become smarter and destroy her. http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/30/128934475108436016.jpg

psy_blade
Originally posted by Konton
Kitty cant BFR him though. The ground trick doesn't work on WWH.

She could detach herself from gravity I guess, but, uh, that's more like BFRing herself.

The ground trick will totally work. If Kitty phased the ground beneath WWH, then Hulk will just fall through the ground, which is totally within Kitty's capabilities. Hulk will fall through miles and miles of phased earth. That's BFR. The only way it won't work is if WWH could fly or levitate.

Aliens
No PIS, CIS for Kitty.

Phasing is auto-on even when she's not willing it like how it was before.

Consider Kitty's highest showings like phasing the bullet, phasing a team in the middle of an atomic explosion and pseudo teleporting.

your sig reminded me of the classic x-men thats how i got into comics, back in the days i was a huge beast and wolverine fan, until i got tired of seeing them get there ass kicked all over the place

ColossusGrundy
This is one fight where Hulk's strength doesn't help him.

And since that's ALL he has.................

Kitty FTW

Bouboumaster
The ground trick will totally work. If Kitty phased the ground beneath WWH, then Hulk will just fall through the ground, which is totally within Kitty's capabilities. Hulk will fall through miles and miles of phased earth. That's BFR. The only way it won't work is if WWH could fly or levitate.

And then what? Hulk would get out of there. It's not like the core of the planet would melt him.
(It totally failed at the end of Planet Hulk.)

Hulk would get out of here, and since it's a statlemate, because Kitty has no way to hurt him, and since WWH is intelligent, cunning and ruthless, Hulk would find way to beats her.

How about threating her to snap the dick of Colossus if she don't let him win?

And btw, Kitty wouldn't the first "untouchable" character Hulk would have beaten. In the past, Hulk beat the being Zzzzzzax or whatever, you know, the energy being. He also beat Vision...

The dude is a walking ass-kickin' machine, and Kitty don't have a prayer on that.

TheHulk
And then what? Hulk would get out of there. It's not like the core of the planet would melt him.

Hulk would get out of here, and since it's a statlemate, because Kitty has no way to hurt him, and since WWH is intelligent, cunning and ruthless, Hulk would find way to beats her.

And btw, Kitty wouldn't the first "untouchable" character Hulk would have beaten. In the past, Hulk beat the being Zzzzzzax or whatever, you know, the energy being. He also beat Vision...

The dude is a walking ass-kickin' machine, and Kitty don't have a prayer on that. This

psy_blade

The dude is a walking ass-kickin' machine, and Kitty don't have a prayer on that.

What do you mean "And then what?"? There's nothing for Hulk after that. Once Hulk falls through 10 miles of phased earth its over. Even if he busts out of there after some time, Kitty can just phase the ground again. It's BFR. It's not stalemate, Kitty wins.

Magnon
While being totally immune to everything WWH can do, Kitty phases rocks and other stuff into the Hulk's skull until his IQ has increased enough for him to realize how silly it is to be "mad" all the time for no reason, shortly followed by his transformation back to Banner and silicon-dioxide-induced explosion of his head.

psycho gundam
Do people post from the bathroom while doing lines or something?

Konton

Kitty can't just phase out the ground like that. I mean, it would make sense, but she's never done it and she can't extend it for miles and miles. The only thing that could qualify that would be the bullet feat, but that's largely circumstantial. The bullet was magical, she physically bonded to it when she phased in, she was prepared to kill herself with the strain, etc.

I don't recall her ever phasing a surface for others to travel through. She always opts to phase the object/person through the surface instead.

psy_blade
Kitty can totally phase the ground like that. And she dosen't have to strain herself, she doesn't have to phase 10 miles down, she can just do 5 miles and that would be more than enough. It's still gonna be as high or as deep as 25 Eiffel towers on top of each other. She just does't do it but its within her powerset to do selective phasing. Besides, she has done more exotic things with her powers like phasing out of sync with earths rotation, giving the illusion that she can teleport or move really fast.

OneDumbG0
^ When has she ever phased the environment (as opposed to an object/person)?

psy_blade
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ When has she ever phased the environment (as opposed to an object/person)?

I'm not sure if she has. But it doesn't matter if she has done it before or not because she can do it. She can phase both inorganic and organic matter. She won't have any problems phasing dirt. We don't see Superman cooking eggs with his heatvision, but that doesn't mean he can't. That's really basic.

psycho gundam
I'm not sure if she has. But it doesn't matter if she has done it before or not because she can do it. huh?

OneDumbG0
I'm not sure if she has. But it doesn't matter if she has done it before I think it does matter. I'm not disputing that she can phase a handful of soil. Or a 100 lbs of soil since she can phase her own body mass. But you're suggesting she can phase miles worth of the ground beneath Hulk's feet. That's a completely different order and far beyond anything I've seen her do barring the planet-killing bullet which would have cost her her life had it not been for the intervention of the X-Men.

guy222
wwh

psy_blade
Barring the planet-killing bullet? Why bar that feat? Its cannon much like how Armor can suddenly become giant. And the bullet wouldn't have killed her, her bodily functions froze. If the bullet feat could've killed her, it would've already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.