Battle of the top tiers 7 on 7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Dr. Fate
Kyle Rayner
Orion
Alan Scott
Wally West
Superman
Martian Manhunter

vs

Dr. Strange
Thor
Surfer
Magneto
Sentry
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar

JakeTheBank
Replace Magneto with Genis-Vell and you have a fight.

Prep-Man
ok, but i thought mags had a powerup.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
ok, but i thought mags had a powerup.

Not really. He's had his fair share of good showings recently, but he's still somewhat out of his depth here imho.

guy222
mags has two nice feats recently

marvel wins stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank Not really. He's had his fair share of good showings recently, but he's still somewhat out of his depth here imho.

do u see quasar or nova taking a majority from mags?

JakeTheBank
do u see quasar or nova taking a majority from mags?

Yes.

And I personally don't see Magneto beating anyone on Team 1 for the majority.

carver9
Magneto can beat a couple of people on the opposing team (if he actually used his force field like he use to). I would give him a majority against 3 to 4 of the people on that list.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto can beat a couple of people on the opposing team (if he actually used his force field like he use to). I would give him a majority against 3 to 4 of the people on that list.

He can get a majority over who? And to what degree?

-Pr-

And that's where you'd be wrong.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He can get a majority over who? And to what degree?

Kyle
Alan Scott (not using his stored power)
Superman
Martian Manhunter

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
And that's where you'd be wrong.

We discussed this before. On panel proof back is on my side.

-Pr-
We discussed this before. On panel proof back is on my side.

Not really. One Doctor Polaris scene when you leave out context does not a great example make.

The comics actually back me up. As usual.

JakeTheBank
Kyle
Alan Scott (not using his stored power)
Superman
Martian Manhunter

Not really.
Hell no.
Nope.
Unlikely.

-Pr-
He wouldn't have a chance against Ostrander or Morrison's J'onn.

Prep-Man
lol @ alan scott. that made my day.

nwg202

You think he can beat 3 or 4 people there, yet he can't beat WWhulk with the back up of the entire extinction team? interesting....please explain why he can beat superman MM, kyle and allan scott yet he can't beat the hulk with help. I would really like to know your thought process...

carver9
Originally posted by nwg202
You think he can beat 3 or 4 people there, yet he can't beat WWhulk with the back up of the entire extinction team? interesting....

Reread my post.

@Jake.

He really can beat those individuals. His powerset allows him to defeat the people I've named.

carver9
lol @ alan scott. that made my day.

Why wouldn't he when it has been shown that the rings can be controlled via Magnetism. He can also control their blood and Magneto is an expert at manipulating energy (which majority of these beings consist of.

Martian Manhunter blood is rich with Iron. Poloris had him vomiting blood.

JakeTheBank
Why wouldn't he when it has been shown that the rings can be controlled via Magnetism. He can also control their blood and Magneto is an expert at manipulating energy (which majority of these beings consist of.

Alan's ring =/= A GL ring.

His power is completely internalized due to the Starheart. He doesn't even have blood to manipulate; he's living energy, and I HIGHLY doubt Magneto could manipulate the Starheart better than Alan could.

Alan would rage all over Magneto.

guy222
don't sell mags short

carver9
Alan's ring =/= A GL ring.

His power is completely internalized due to the Starheart. He doesn't even have blood to manipulate; he's living energy, and I HIGHLY doubt Magneto could manipulate the Starheart better than Alan could.

Alan would rage all over Magneto.

Proteus>Alan. Magneto manipulated him easily.

Celestial>Alan... Magneto controlled it easily.

-Pr-

And rings can resist magnetism. the blood thing is also debatable.

No, it isn't. Jonn's blood is made of whatever he wants it to be made of. That was bad, and most importantly, inconsistent writing, and won't hold up in a debate against all the J'onn scans talking about his make-up.

ABC logic = bad.

carver9
And rings can resist magnetism. the blood thing is also debatable.

No, it isn't. Jonn's blood is made of whatever he wants it to be made of. That was bad, and most importantly, inconsistent writing, and won't hold up in a debate against all the J'onn scans talking about his make-up.

ABC logic = bad.

The ring has been manipulated though. Poloris had Hal (I think that was Hal or either Kyle...can't remember) beating himself in the face. Do you know of a instance countering this? Was Poloris or any other Magnetic being unable to manipulate the ring to counter what happened on panel.

Did Jon face Poloris again and countered his Magnetic attack because on panel, he was dying from Poloris attack.

carver9
By the way...Magneto has tons of fts manipulating energy...a Gl would just be another source of energy that would fall to Magneto.

JakeTheBank
Proteus didn't have control over his own energy, which is what enabled Magneto to beat him. "Electrons dancing", iirc the line.

That method would fail against Alan. Unless Magneto has feats manipulating top tier mystical energy, I'm not going to assume he could do the same to Alan Scott, who's > standard GLs.

Prep-Man
Hal has thrown magnetic energy back to its source as well. gl can manipulate energy as well.

-Pr-
The ring has been manipulated though. Poloris had Hal (I think that was Hal or either Kyle...can't remember) beating himself in the face. Do you know of a instance countering this? Was Poloris or any other Magnetic being unable to manipulate the ring to counter what happened on panel.

Did Jon face Poloris again and countered his Magnetic attack because on panel, he was dying from Poloris attack.

Yes, when they demagnetised it. Ring shields can also block psionic signals.

You're not listening. The instance in JLA with Polaris contradicts established J'onn biology. It's an exception to the rule, it's bad writing, and it should have never happened. J'onn can control every molecule in his body; he's regrown from a hand, and even grew himself a new organ for telepathy when he lost the ability. If he doesn't want iron in his body, he doesn't have iron in his body. Simple.

By the way...Magneto has tons of fts manipulating energy...a Gl would just be another source of energy that would fall to Magneto.

Which is nothing more than speculation.

Sr J-Bieb

Celestial>Alan... Magneto controlled it easily. Does this mean Mags manipulates Hulk easily too?

Gamma energy and all you see

guy222
kieron is an idiot writing that crap

-Pr-
Originally posted by guy222
kieron is an idiot writing that crap

kieron is still the best x-men writer in what, three years?

guy222
i guess

-Pr-
i'll take that for now. stick out tongue

carver9
Yes, when they demagnetised it. Ring shields can also block psionic signals.

You're not listening. The instance in JLA with Polaris contradicts established J'onn biology. It's an exception to the rule, it's bad writing, and it should have never happened. J'onn can control every molecule in his body; he's regrown from a hand, and even grew himself a new organ for telepathy when he lost the ability. If he doesn't want iron in his body, he doesn't have iron in his body. Simple.

Which is nothing more than speculation.

Dang....I guess since you got so forceful in this post...I guess that mean you don't want me to reply.

confused

I'll let you have this one.

carver9
Proteus didn't have control over his own energy, which is what enabled Magneto to beat him. "Electrons dancing", iirc the line.

That method would fail against Alan. Unless Magneto has feats manipulating top tier mystical energy, I'm not going to assume he could do the same to Alan Scott, who's > standard GLs.

Proteus had control, he just couldn't overcome Magneto manipulation of his power.

I don't understand why you don't believe he could do the same to Alan. Magneto has other ways of defeating these individuals as well. I just chose the easiest rout. You all are underestimating Magneto.

Magneto also Manipulated the Phoenix Force me thinks. Didn't this happen during the time him and the XMen were trapped in the core of a Volcano?

-Pr-
Dang....I guess since you got so forceful in this post...I guess that mean you don't want me to reply.

confused

I'll let you have this one.

pr1983

Proteus had control, he just couldn't overcome Magneto manipulation of his power.

I don't understand why you don't believe he could do the same to Alan. Magneto has other ways of defeating these individuals as well. I just chose the easiest rout. You all are underestimating Magneto.

Magneto also Manipulated the Phoenix Force me thinks. Didn't this happen during the time him and the XMen were trapped in the core of a Volcano?

And all these people will just stand there while Magneto takes his merry time defeating them, right?

carver9
pr1983

And all these people will just stand there while Magneto takes his merry time defeating them, right?

Naah, Magneto has partners as well and whoever he is fighting will have trouble bypassing his forcefield. Magneto versatility along with his other tricks can pull him some wins against almost anyone on the battlefield.

-Pr-
Difference between "can" and "would".

jalek moye

Mags overpowered Celestials actively fighting back?

JakeTheBank

It's obvious you don't know who Alan Scott is.

vamonis

Wang 2.5

carver9
It's obvious you don't know who Alan Scott is.

I'm referring to average Allen. You didn't see the part where I put Allen not using his stored power which is starheart. Without him using that, Magneto chances become large.

carver9
Stop putting words in my mouth.

ExodusCloak

I'm not saying Magneto wins but in that fight with Proteus, Proteus did have control over his own energy. What actually happened was that Proteus split himself into multiple vessels weakening himself.

-Pr-
Stop putting words in my mouth.

Don't worry Carver, I'm pretty sure he wants to put something else in your mouth anyway, but lacks the necessary equipment.

Cogito
Fate or Alan solo sneer

carver9
Don't worry Carver, I'm pretty sure he wants to put something else in your mouth anyway, but lacks the necessary equipment.

laughing out loud ...too funny.

abhilegend
Is carver talking about magneto taking out Alan "I wrote the book on willpower" scott? The same guy who routinely takes on Mordru, owned a 5-d imp and about whom terrific said that if he lost control of his powers the entire solar system would be destroyed? What is funny that in carver's opinion eric can manipulate magical energies but not hulk's gamma energy when one is an energy manipulator of highest order in heralds with experience and one has been drained before by energy manipulators.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Is carver talking about magneto taking out Alan "I wrote the book on willpower" scott? The same guy who routinely takes on Mordru, owned a 5-d imp and about whom terrific said that if he lost control of his powers the entire solar system would be destroyed? What is funny that in carver's opinion eric can manipulate magical energies but not hulk's gamma energy when one is an energy manipulator of highest order in heralds with experience and one has been drained before by energy manipulators.

Reread my previous post.

Thanks.

Existere
Reread my previous post.

Thanks.

laughing out loud ...too funny.

...I agree?

abhilegend
^ What does that mean? If you knew anything about alan you'd know that alan IS starheart. It's only his will that is stopping starheart entity from cutting loose and destroying everything. When did magneto manipulated magical energies anyway?

JakeTheBank
Alan doesn't have to go nuts or unleash the full power of the Starheart, which would be utter spite against Magneto, to beat Magneto. "Average" Alan is still beyond him, and I don't see Magneto's finesse nor his raw power overcoming him.

So my previous post still stands, Carv.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Cogito
Fate or Alan solo sneer I wouldn't say that. Current Strange is a joke though from what I've seen out of him. Though a good portion of that may be purely CIS from his butthurt over blackmagic addiction. Also the question I have to ask every time someone brings up Dr. Fate... WHICH ONE!!! please for the love of god be specific when a character has several viable incarnations. Hall, any of the Nelsons, the Strauss'. Which one do you want in this fight because Hall and original Kent Nelson would likely trash a bunch of people solo, additionally, Nabu was Dr. Fate as well and he'd murder a lot of the marvel team.

Prep-Man
Hall at the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.