Samus v.s. Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Pretty sure it hasn't happened yet.

Base Akuma, non of that lacks-specific-feats-power-up-ness.

Takes place in a karate dojo, which will probably explode pretty quickly. They start several meters apart, however. Samus has her full gravity/fusion suit load out, and a full-up-graded beam and missile set, power bombs are in, as is space jump and sounds-like-it'd-hurt-less-than-it-does Screw attack.

Besides not being able to go Shin or Oni Akuma has no other limitations.

Acrosurge
Been a while. I'll just add a little comment. While Akuma would seem to have a pretty big melee advantage here due to physical strength/ki-usage, I don't think he has the durability to weather a power bomb.

Samus's physical limits are pretty clearly defined in Prime 3. There are certain objects (bomb components and such) that are flat out stated by her scan visor to be beyond her lifting/moving ability. We can math these items if relevant. To my eye, however, it looks like Akuma has the superior physical strength feats (or ki assisted feats, if you want to argue it).

Those are my initial thoughts.

The Scenario
Oh hey, Acrosurge is back. Hi!

As for this, I'm not too familiar with Akuma but I'm not going to say Samus is physically stronger. I'd guess she can lift a few tons, maybe 5 or a little more depending on whether or not you're using the Zebes calc that multiplies everything by 850. I'm not, for the record.

What are Akuma's feats?

Cyner
Zebes calc is legit!

Heck she manages to confront Ridley physically at times and he tears open spaceships with his hands.

Akuma is definitely stronger physically if some of his high end feats prove to be feasible. Samus' weapons and durability are ridiculous though. With the Varia suit alone her suit managed to shrug off a mountain busting blast without even cosmetic damage. Include the Gravity and Omega Fusion suit and... it gets crazy.

NemeBro
Akuma, at base and when he was younger, less powerful, destroyed an island by punching it.

I'll post more feats when I have time, but that is the most well-known.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Acrosurge

are flat out stated by her scan visor to be beyond her lifting/moving ability. We can math these items if relevant.

Oh really? this is new and interesting, like what exactly?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Burning thought
Oh really? this is new and interesting, like what exactly? Off the top of my head, when you scan the first bomb component, your visor tells you that you will need your ship to lift it. For another, there is a section where a gate blocks a passage way. A battering ram stands in front of it (large, but not overwhelmingly massive). When scanned, your visor tells you that you will be unable to move it (there's a nearby golem that will do it for you!).

If more specifics are required, I will locate the exact location and visor quotes via walk throughs.

No End N Site
I'll admit, I aint played a Metroid game since the very 1st one. So with that being said, my knowledge on Samus is "limited".

Reg Akuma's durability was brought up, though, so I can address that. Due to Reg Akuma's feats being preformed with his own body and natural energies, Reg Akuma at the very least, can tank his own attacks. Just under 20 years before the current version of Reg Akuma, he reduced an island to shards, an island loaded with mountains and volcanoes.

To put into proper perspective how long ago this occurred and how weak Reg Akuma was compared to how powerful he is now, many characters who are peons to him now, where indeed worthy rivals, back then.

NemeBro
Don't forget that normal Akuma was comfortable fighting Gouken inside a volcano, in the intro of SF4.

No End N Site
And that was in Vanilla, WaaaAAAYYYyyy before SFIII.

Cyner
wait... SF4... is a prequel... lol that's what I get for only playing the vs mode...

No End N Site
lol Yes, IV is a prequel. And the story is so trash, even playin the ARC mode would not tell you it's a prequel.

Cyner
The only characters I play are Juri, C.Viper, and Ibuki... so that's probably why I haven't seen much of the story... either that or capcom just sucks at stories in their fighting games.

No End N Site
Don't worry, it doesn't matter who you use, the game never makes an effort to tie the plots together, in the least. I actually like the stories of the old games. And titles like Rival Schools and Techromancer do the whole story element perfectly. To show you how bad it is now, in IV, Dudley is lookin for his Jaguar, Capcom doesn't even try to elude to the fact that SFIII's End Boss is in possession of it. It was the least they could have done to reference III's plot.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Burning thought
Oh really? this is new and interesting, like what exactly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC4YZkIxMTE#t=8m25s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s5LWu8abTQ#t=8m50s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087G64y4Bvs#t=7m15s

Acrosurge
Originally posted by The Scenario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC4YZkIxMTE#t=8m25s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s5LWu8abTQ#t=8m50s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087G64y4Bvs#t=7m15s Thanks, Scenario! The other example, which is quite specific, is located here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V38TWc6lWGQ#t=407s

Unfortunately, the uploader didn't scan the ram, but if he/she had, the visor would have informed Samus that she would be unable to move the ram alone.

Chad Nossmen
since your I'm not allowed to post a link yet I want you to know I have a poll on sodahead for this question

Sacred 117
Akuma is physically superior (obviously) and has greater hand-to-hand skill than Samus. HOWEVER, Samus DOES not, and most likely WILL not, confront Akuma in CQC after getting preliminary readings on him (via scan) advising against it. The ability to read enemies also makes her the more tactical, analytical combatant. She will most likely attempt to outmaneuver him and wear him down with her varied arsenal. Also, Akuma would probably have trouble getting through every layer of shielding. I could be wrong though. I'm admittedly not fully aware of what Akuma is capable of, but Ryu (who to my understanding is not in the same league as Samus) has proven capable of beating him. My faith lies with Samus on this one.

Zack Fair
Akuma punches Samus and all her armor comes off. He doesn't kill her because of dat zero suit. She becomes his slave.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Akuma punches Samus and all her armor comes off. He doesn't kill her because of dat zero suit. She becomes his slave.

Like I said, we have to take into consideration Samus's shield layers, which I believe would take him more time than he's allowed. That's assuming Akuma can score that many hits on her.

StealthRanger
Since when has Ryu ever beaten Akuma? Only one who ever has in Gouken, and thats because he's in the same league. Both Akuma and Gouki are many orders of magnitudes higher than Ryu

Plus a single hit would level Samus' shields and armor completely

Sacred 117
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Since when has Ryu ever beaten Akuma? Only one who ever has in Gouken, and thats because he's in the same league. Both Akuma and Gouki are many orders of magnitudes higher than Ryu

Plus a single hit would level Samus' shields and armor completely

Granted, I was unaware of that first part. However, I don't buy that Akuma can just instantly bring down Samus' defenses. If you've played any of the Metroid Primes you'll understand. Dark Samus, a dynamically similar entity to Akuma with higher mobility and greater power output, has proven unable to just outright level Samus, so I'm not too inclined to believe Akuma can do any better. Samus is also elusive enough to avoid taking damage to begin with, and I'm not sure how Akuma plans to deal with an arsenal larger than that of most small countries and more advanced than that of anything in the SF universe. From what I can tell, Akuma has little to no prior experience doing so. If otherwise, please enlighten me.

stargun
Akuma destroyed a mountain-filled island with a single strike. That feat puts his damage output past Dark Samus' to my knowledge. And to put that in perspective this kind of power is also likely to exceed that of any nuclear weapon tested to this day.

And Akuma also jumped from the ocean floor all the way to the surface in a matter of seconds whilst carrying a naval ship (which weights at least a couple thousand tons), so he's no to be underestimated in terms of mobility either.

I can see him ending this easily with a teleport + karate chop combo.

Chad Nossmen
sacred Zack Steath Ranger wish I could get you guys to vote on my poll

Sacred 117
Originally posted by stargun
Akuma destroyed a mountain-filled island with a single strike. That feat puts his damage output past Dark Samus' to my knowledge. And to put that in perspective this kind of power is also likely to exceed that of any nuclear weapon tested to this day.

And Akuma also jumped from the ocean floor all the way to the surface in a matter of seconds whilst carrying a naval ship (which weights at least a couple thousand tons), so he's no to be underestimated in terms of mobility either.

I can see him ending this easily with a teleport + karate chop combo.

I knew about him splitting an island. That's a feat of strength, as is carrying a naval ship, which I've already considered. When I speak of power output comparing Akuma and Dark Samus, I'm referring to Akuma's ki and Dark Samus' phazon energy. Phazon has a volatility level far exceeding nuclear energy, so Akuma beating a nuke doesn't say much. Samus also has access to phazon energy, so he still has that to deal with. In terms of mobility, Samus will never lose sight of him so long as she remains locked on, so he's not really going to surprise her.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Chad Nossmen
sacred Zack Steath Ranger wish I could get you guys to vote on my poll

Ok, but why? And what poll?

Chad Nossmen
i'm doing a tournament based on death battle and superpower beat down I found this site when I searched Akuma vs samus

Sacred 117
Send me a message, and tell me more about it. I'm willing to listen. I'm just not sure what you need ME for.

stargun
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I knew about him splitting an island. That's a feat of strength, as is carrying a naval ship, which I've already considered. When I speak of power output comparing Akuma and Dark Samus, I'm referring to Akuma's ki and Dark Samus' phazon energy. Phazon has a volatility level far exceeding nuclear energy, so Akuma beating a nuke doesn't say much. Samus also has access to phazon energy, so he still has that to deal with. In terms of mobility, Samus will never lose sight of him so long as she remains locked on, so he's not really going to surprise her. All of Akuma's superhuman enhanced stats stems from his ability to harness and control chi, so in a way even feats performed physically speaks for his energy output. Besides which particular source of power each character uses is not actually relevant, but rather the feats one can accomplish with said power source.

Sacred 117
All of Akuma's superhuman enhanced stats stems from his ability to harness and control chi, so in a way even feats performed physically speaks for his energy output. Besides which particular source of power each character uses is not actually relevant, but rather the feats one can accomplish with said power source.

Can Akuma potentially destroy planets?

StyleTime
The problem with the Metroid games, is that they weren't made for battle boards like this. We all have ideas about how powerful Samus is, but she doesn't actually have many quantifiable feats of strength/speed/power output/etc.

It's very difficult to argue for her, unless its against an obviously human or so character.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by StyleTime
The problem with the Metroid games, is that they weren't made for battle boards like this. We all have ideas about how powerful Samus is, but she doesn't actually have many quantifiable feats of strength/speed/power output/etc.

It's very difficult to argue for her, unless its against an obviously human or so character.

The point I was ready to make was that Dark Samus showed that she/he/it had the power to destroy an entire planet. Of course, this followed defeat at the hands of Samus, but that just comes to show that Samus is more than capable of standing up to someone with that kind of power.

stargun
Can Akuma potentially destroy planets? No, but neither can Samus or Dark Samus for that matter, based on actual feats.

Sacred 117
No, but neither can Samus or Dark Samus for that matter, based on actual feats.

Samus can't, no, but she stood up to Dark Samus, who can and did. While this WAS a result of Dark Samus' death, it otherwise would not have happened if she hadn't the power to make it so.

stargun
Sorry but that's completely out of context. The phazon reserves within that planet was what caused it to self-destruct after Aurora was eliminated. Dark Samus itself never had that much energy stored into its body to use in combat.

Sacred 117
Either way, Here's what I can tell about both combatants. The positives, that is. Forgive me if I miss anything about Akuma because I likely will. In which case, help me fill in the gaps. I do want to be fair about this.

Akuma's edge:

Grand physical superiority
Greater natural power output
More experience and training in hand-to-hand
Unimpeded access to ki reserve.

Samus' edge:

Larger arsenal of greater variety
Superior intelligence
Greater tactician and strategist, applying a more analytical approach to combat
Chozo training at a young age results in improved cognition, reflexes, and athleticism
More extreme survival experience

Sacred 117
Sorry but that's completely out of context. The phazon reserves within that planet was what caused it to self-destruct after Aurora was eliminated. Dark Samus itself never had that much energy stored into its body to use in combat.

Dark Samus drew power infinitely from those reserves, used it against Samus, and Samus still won. I'm not aware of Akuma ever harnessing the power of an entire planet and throwing it at anyone.

stargun
As I said before it doesn't matter where a certain character draws energy from, what's truly important is what the character in question can do with it (i.e feats). None of Dark Samus' attacks have ever been shown to have the power to level an island or even one-shot a battleship the same way Akuma did, not even when it merged with AU 313.

Then again, Dark Samus never absorbed the whole planet's worth of phazon into its body, nor is there any evidence that it could somehow channel all of the planet's energy into a single attack to use against Samus. That never happened.

Chad Nossmen
Either way, Here's what I can tell about both combatants. The positives, that is. Forgive me if I miss anything about Akuma because I likely will. In which case, help me fill in the gaps. I do want to be fair about this.

Akuma's edge:

Grand physical superiority
Greater natural power output
More experience and training in hand-to-hand
Unimpeded access to ki reserve.

Samus' edge:

Larger arsenal of greater variety
Superior intelligence
Greater tactician and strategist, applying a more analytical approach to combat
Chozo training at a young age results in improved cognition, reflexes, and athleticism
More extreme survival experience can I use this

Sacred 117
As I said before it doesn't matter where a certain character draws energy from, what's truly important is what the character in question can do with it (i.e feats). None of Dark Samus' attacks have ever been shown to have the power to level an island or even one-shot a battleship the same way Akuma did, not even when it merged with AU 313.

Then again, Dark Samus never absorbed the whole planet's worth of phazon into its body, nor is there any evidence that it could somehow channel all of the planet's energy into a single attack to use against Samus. That never happened.

I'm no longer making a case for types of energy sources. My point now pertains to how much energy they can draw from that source. Even Akuma has limits to how much energy he can use at a time. Dark Samus was basically rising without measure. That she didn't use that power to destroy a battleship doesn't stand to reason that she is unable to do so. I honestly don't see it being much of a problem from her/him/it. It is, however, unfortunate that we have never seen that because that would've been awesome to see a demonstration of DS's full potential. :/

I never said she/he/it (<I still can't quite tell) expelled all of that energy at once. The problem with that is that it and be nigh impossible to do so, especially without destroying her/him/itself AND the planet as both are pure manifestations of phazon.

Originally posted by Chad Nossmen
can I use this

Uhh... sure.

stargun
But we still don't know how much energy DS managed to accumulate before Samus destroyed it, or how much it could've accumulated had it not been defeated (but that's beside the point), or even how destructive are its attacks exactly. Sadly more often than not that sort of stuff can only be verified through feats.

Sacred 117
But we still don't know how much energy DS managed to accumulate before Samus destroyed it, or how much it could've accumulated had it not been defeated (but that's beside the point), or even how destructive are its attacks exactly. Sadly more often than not that sort of stuff can only be verified through feats.

Sadly, yes. Feats are important to create definitive comparisons. Metroid is not a very cinematic game, so all notable characters are short on them. The point I seek to make by bringing up DS is to show that Samus has had her fair share of dealing with immensely powerful beings. DS is one such being that I find to be arguably comparable to Akuma for reasons I've already stated.

NemeBro
Akuma throws punches that can destroy islands (with mountain ranges).

Samus can't compete.

Cyner
Originally posted by NemeBro

Samus can't compete.

My disagreement has arrived. Samus shrugs off that kind of power regularly. She also puts out that sort of power. The real issue here is how fast is one over the other and does Samus' range and fire rate give her a substantial advantage.

NemeBro
Show me Samus shrugging off a punch that shatters an island (With mountain ranges).

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Cyner
My disagreement has arrived. Samus shrugs off that kind of power regularly. She also puts out that sort of power. The real issue here is how fast is one over the other and does Samus' range and fire rate give her a substantial advantage.

Samus' range would be more of an asset than speed. In terms of mobility, her and Akuma basically cancel each other out, and Samus will maintain sight of Akuma at all times via lock-on. She'll also immediately know everything about him after scanning and plan accordingly.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro

Samus can't compete.

I've already agreed to Akuma's physical superiority when listing their advantages. Stargun has even stated that much of that is attributed to ki, meaning Akuma actually isn't physically strong enough to do that. He would also first have to hit Samus with all of that power. I don't see ALL of his attacks carrying that kind of power, and those that did wouldn't be hard to see coming. If EVERY strike were that powerful, he would be on par with top tier DBZ characters instead of pwning the faces of street/city/(possibly)country level characters, thus basically voiding this thread altogether.

Also, if you were to examine the abysmal degradation of the Metroid franchise that is Other M, you'll know that Samus is not to be underestimated in terms of strength, speed, or otherwise. Sadly, the game is supposedly considered canon, but my issue with that is mostly narrative, as she suffer tragic character derailment throughout.

I am Vegeta
Samus wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.