DCnU JLA Vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66037/1878233-screen_capture_large.png

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/85898/1735653-marcio_takara_18_large.jpg

Superman
Wonder Woman
Hal Jordan
Firestorm
Aquaman
Flash
Cyborg
Batman
Deadman
Atom
Elemental Woman
Mera
Hawkman
Lady Luck

vs

Thor
Sentry (non void)
Vision
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Warbird
Cap
Spidey
Hawkeye
Namor
Iron Man
Spider-Woman
Wasp

jalek moye
The avengers line up current versions or classic?

Q99
Well, even with Hal being a shadow of his former self, and no-one as experienced as they were before, the JLA still has the power edge... though I am tempted to go Avengers based on teamwork and experience.

Enzeru
Spite ... Not only that DCnU lack feats, even their current powerlevel doesn't seem to be even near the pre DCnU levels.

Thor and Sentry could take them all on. Bring in the Scarlet Witch and it's a clear victory. The only threat right now would probably be Flash, because of his fancy new mind-ability, but it's too early to tell something about his actual speed. I don't see him pulling off the rescue-500.000-people stunt yet.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enzeru
Spite ... Not only that DCnU lack feats, even their current powerlevel doesn't seem to be even near the pre DCnU levels.

Thor and Sentry could take them all on. Bring in the Scarlet Witch and it's a clear victory. The only threat right now would probably be Flash, because of his fancy new mind-ability, but it's too early to tell something about his actual speed. I don't see him pulling off the rescue-500.000-people stunt yet. LOL Thor and Sentry would be curbed by the that line up don't go over board.

Nietzschean
Marvel would walk all over them..

JakeTheBank

Thor and Sentry could take them all on. Bring in the Scarlet Witch and it's a clear victory. The only threat right now would probably be Flash, because of his fancy new mind-ability, but it's too early to tell something about his actual speed. I don't see him pulling off the rescue-500.000-people stunt yet.

Er, no?

DCnU definitely lacks feats and the history to go toe-to-toe with Marvel, but Thor or Sentry soloing that Justice League line up is is not going to happen. At all.

Glorificus
Avengers.

Enzeru
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Er, no?

DCnU definitely lacks feats and the history to go toe-to-toe with Marvel, but Thor or Sentry soloing that Justice League line up is is not going to happen. At all.

Not Thor or Sentry. Thor and Sentry.

JakeTheBank
Not Thor or Sentry. Thor and Sentry.

The two of them together couldn't beat this line up. I argue for Thor a lot, but he's not going to be able to beat this team even with Sentry's help.

Enzeru
The two of them together couldn't beat this line up. I argue for Thor a lot, but he's not going to be able to beat this team even with Sentry's help.

Sentry would fly around and heal Thor, while he would smack Team DC into oblivion :-X
There are few non-factors in the DC team, because the Justice League is inexperienced so far:

- Batman is a non-factor...
- Aquaman is a non-factor, who recently got badly hurt by a bunch of piranha-men...
- Cyborg is a non-factor, since he is totally featless and we can't tell much about his powerlevel, but even the pre-DCnU Cyborg would go down pretty fast...
- GL wasn't that impressive yet, since Superman bullrushed rather easily through his constructs...
- Superman wasn't that impressive yet, since he is still evolving his power level...
- Flash was tagged by Superman and has yet to show access to the speed-force to run around in the air and so on...
- Wonder Woman didn't show much at all yet...

Even if you still doubt that Sentry and Thor would not be able to take them down, which is doubtful, since they're both planetbusters, throw in the other Avengers and the Justice League goes down hard.

JakeTheBank
I understand Sentry possesses healing powers, but when does he fly around playing medic on team mates? Generally, in virtually every fight he's been in, he uses his speed and strength with the occasional burst of energy. He doesn't go around matter manipulating people or using heat vision or hardly any other of his plot device like powers. Just like Thor doesn't shoot stuff into the sun, Godblast, soul drain, or create unbreakable shields/whirlwinds conventionally.

Superman, fresh faced as he is, would physically be enough of a challenge to give either Thor or Sentry pause. Green Lantern's constructs being shattered by Superman isn't some kind of low feat, either; it just goes to show just where Johns of all people feels DCnU Superman compares to Green Lantern early on in this point. Flash was tagged by Superman getting lucky, and while Thor and Sentry do have the means to do the same, it's not really a bad showing considering how Superman is effectively being shown to be significantly beyond his peers.

I agree the Avengers would win in the end, but Thor and Sentry do not win by themselves.

Colossus-Big C
superman knocked flash across a few blocks with a mere flick of one finger. i think he is much stronger than thor or sentry

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
superman knocked flash across a few blocks with a mere flick of one finger. i think he is much stronger than thor or sentry

You think that's beyond Thor or Sentry? erm

Hell, even mid tier bricks, provided they hit Flash, could easily send him flying that distance.

Enzeru
I understand Sentry possesses healing powers, but when does he fly around playing medic on team mates? Generally, in virtually every fight he's been in, he uses his speed and strength with the occasional burst of energy. He doesn't go around matter manipulating people or using heat vision or hardly any other of his plot device like powers. Just like Thor doesn't shoot stuff into the sun, Godblast, soul drain, or create unbreakable shields/whirlwinds conventionally.

Sentry flying around and supporting Thor with healing was more of a joke.

But yeah, he didn't often fly around and used his powers to get always the upper hand, just the way Thor is rarely / never doing it, just the way the Silver Surfer is rarely / never doing it, just the way Dr. Strange is rarely / never doing it.

It's how the writers write comics nowdays. Everything is over after a 2 sites long, bad brawl.
Would you fight like that if you were a comic book character with a great power versatility? I for sure wouldn't.
And that also the way we judge fights in forums. We use the characters at their peak and use the full spectrum of their powers. Why should Sentry be that stupid to continue brawling it out, if Thor would need help? It would be smarter to blitz to him, grab him and maybe teleport away with him, to heal him. Not that he needs to be near a person to do his healing, just the way he did it in his second mini.

If Thor used his versatility from the beginning, he would have defeated the Hulk probably every single time, instead of going off as the loser from so many of their fights. Blame to comic book characters and not the characters.
You know the saying: Don't hate the player, hate the game.

JakeTheBank
Sentry flying around and supporting Thor with healing was more of a joke.

But yeah, he didn't often fly around and used his powers to get always the upper hand, just the way Thor is rarely / never doing it, just the way the Silver Surfer is rarely / never doing it, just the way Dr. Strange is rarely / never doing it.

It's how the writers write comics nowdays. Everything is over after a 2 sites long, bad brawl.
Would you fight like that if you were a comic book character with a great power versatility? I for sure wouldn't.
And that also the way we judge fights in forums. We use the characters at their peak and use the full spectrum of their powers. Why should Sentry be that stupid to continue brawling it out, if Thor would need help? It would be smarter to blitz to him, grab him and maybe teleport away with him, to heal him. Not that he needs to be near a person to do his healing, just the way he did it in his second mini.

If Thor used his versatility from the beginning, he would have defeated the Hulk probably every single time, instead of going off as the loser from so many of their fights. Blame to comic book characters and not the characters.
You know the saying: Don't hate the player, hate the game.

We're still supposed to debate the characters in, well, y'know, character. Otherwise it's just debating powersets and not the beings who possess these powersets. If people want to do that, then that's what "CIS OFF" threads or for or entering tournaments.

If I was Thor, I wouldn't fight as Thor normally does, but again, I'm not Thor.

Thor didn't go off as the "loser" for many of their fights at all. Most of them end inconclusively due to various context.

Enzeru
We're still supposed to debate the characters in, well, y'know, character. Otherwise it's just debating powersets and not the beings who possess these powersets. If people want to do that, then that's what "CIS OFF" threads or for or entering tournaments.

Are you sure about that? I mostly read the term "CIS" when it comes to many of Spider-Man's enemies like Rhino and Scorpion, who are stupid and often lose because of that.

Sentry fighting the WW Hulk but not using his speed, radiation absorbtion, telepathy, or even BFR to easily end the fight ... That's rather WIS / PIS, to make the fights more "entertaining" and not piss off the fans, who would be angry, since Hulk would be losing most of the fights against other power houses, who are far more versatile with their power set.

Q99

- GL wasn't that impressive yet, since Superman bullrushed rather easily through his constructs...

Also over in his book, Sinestro's been schooling him on only thinking limited terms with his constructs, and not knowing many ring functions like changing uniform color.

JakeTheBank
Sinestro > Hal in terms of ring skill, though. Johns' has been pushing that for years. Hal has the edge in raw power, though.

Q99
Sinestro > Hal in terms of ring skill, though. Johns' has been pushing that for years. Hal has the edge in raw power, though.

Yes, but DCnU Hal is being criticized for rookie stuff and is being shown up at every turn.

Old-U, he figured out uniform changing back in one of the times they did his origin story, and had a handle on the stuff Sinestro is teaching him about now.

Prep-Man
Same thing is happening with barry Allen and speed force tricks. Some of the members are definitely weaker in that sense.

KK is Wang!
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/goofygoober2.jpg

Enzeru
Originally posted by KK is Wang!
This thread shows what's wrong with KMC! Retardese is this forums language!

Comicvine is biased towards DC... It's DCnU, what are they supposed to do to a bunch of powerhouses from Avengers? They even have Vision, while Justice League lacks Martian Manhunter.

KK is Wang!
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/goofygoober2.jpg

Enzeru
Originally posted by KK is Wang!
Your IQ is how many points below normal?

I bet you would have to google to find out what the minimum of the human IQ actually is, since you don't seem to have any general knowledge at all, but I already confronted you with that fact once and you're still crying because of that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.