X-Man (Shaman/most current) vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
for Id. big grin

how this goez??

"Id"
Me and You cant be friends no more. uhuh

guy222
i ur friend

marvel needs to put nate at full strength

Galan007
I don't think Nate's TP would fair well vs. Lobo. Even Starro the Conqueror (same fella who was telepathically controlling nine-galaxieS-worth of sentients) was unable to control a single Czarnian spawned from Lobo's DNA.

TK/psionic constructs would be hit or miss as well. Lobo tends to shred through those types of things like they aren't even there- Hal and Guy know that first hand.

Only advantage Nate might have is his ability to step in between time. However, Lobo has, on more than one occasion, physically ripped through the boundaries of space/time- he once literally tore his way into (and out of) tesseract space, for instance. He don't do logical.

psycho gundam
nate sucks currently

"Id"
X-Man only real options are BFR.

If not his only hope would be to turn off Lobo's healing factor, and move some bio-chemical that govern his mood, keeping him from working up a rage.

Other than that. He is in for a beating.

guy222
poor nate

"Id"
Lobo is a lot like Hulk, in regards to his strength. His strength escalates, as is he gets angrier. Than you have the fact that he is a true Masochist, he enjoys feeling pain. And he enjoys a good fight. His healing factor helps prolong the inevitable.

So when BFR, or forms of Telepathy are out of the question. And a physical confrontation is insured. You really just have two options. Cheat via neutralizing his enragement, and healing factor. Or if you benefit of having overwhelming power, use it from the get go.

Otherwise Lobo will eventually outlast, and overpower you.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by "Id"
Lobo is a lot like Hulk, in regards to his strength. His strength escalates, as is he gets angrier. Than you have the fact that he is a true Masochist, he enjoys feeling pain. And he enjoys a good fight. His healing factor helps prolong the inevitable.

So when BFR, or forms of Telepathy are out of the question. And a physical confrontation is insured. You really just have two options. Cheat via neutralizing his enragement, and healing factor. Or if you benefit of having overwhelming power, use it from the get go.

And heaven forbid you give him any kind of time alone with any kind of technology. I could see Lobo giving Reed Richards or Tony Stark a run for their money.

leonidas

i agree pretty much. i couldn't recall off-hand any time where bo was actually compelled via tp, but i wasn't sure if i was missing a time or simply forgetting a time. it would be interesting to see if nate was capable of affecting his actual biology via his tk--like what black did to supes. it wouldn't kill him, but it MIGHT take him out long enough to count as a forum win. speculation, but not entirely baseless i don't think.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
And heaven forbid you give him any kind of time alone with any kind of technology. I could see Lobo giving Reed Richards or Tony Stark a run for their money. Lobo owned Darkseid with a Mother Box he reprogrammed on the fly:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5016/60809957.jpg
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9530/52999637.jpg
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/1203/93767792.jpg
^That is one of the better techie feats out there, imo.

So when BFR, or forms of Telepathy are out of the question. And a physical confrontation is insured. You really just have two options. Cheat via neutralizing his enragement, and healing factor. Even IF a matter manipulator were powerful enough to transmute Lobo, they still wouldn't be able to kill him.

...And I still think TP would be ineffective against Lobo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.