Manga!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lara
anybody here want to learn how to draw manga easily with little effort?

try this site:

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial/tutorial.html

I found it really useful!
have fun!

mah
i've got a book for it..

Lara
well thats certainly a positive responce isnt it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

not exactly what I expected from you Mah! tut, tut! *shakes head and wags index finger*

Member.
hm...dbz so coolalien

Lara
I agree! I think there's a few spec's on how to draw certain characters from dbz.

mechmoggy
I bought a "How to draw the Marvel way" book when I was a youngster and found it very useful. Shame I didn't put it to much use in my final year as I got an "F" for graphic design!

But what do GCSE's mean anyway? I got an "F" in technology too and now I'm a fairly well paid engineer. stick out tongue

Lara
well I did graphic products/design at GCSE level and ame out of it with and E, so I guess that you excelled at another subject mech?
I know I did! music, double award science, my own personal art work (not GCSE) and english literature, but I was not good at english language, maths, french and tech! oh well never mind!

mechmoggy
Maths - C
Science - B/B
History - C

These were the best results I got at school, since then I've done an NC, HNC and HND at night school. I earn about twice as much as my mates who went to Uni plus I have my own house, so I'm fairly happy with the way things turned out.

Lara
well! I'm changing my course at college come the end of the accademic year.

I'm going to collect 1 A level, for the AVCE ICT single award, and then I'm going to do a ND in Fine Art. (seeming as I didnt get to do any form of art GCSE at school, even though I was an A grade students for it and I loved to subject.) so hopefully I can do some manga in that! and lots of other stuff like reflections and textures blah, blah, blah!

mechmoggy

Lara
depends on what aspect of the art industry you want to get into! mine being animation of game design!

mechmoggy
If you go to a good college/uni, they'll help find you work placements which greatly improve your chances of work after study. Ask whichever college/uni you go to about this, it could help a lot once you're finished studying.

Lara
I hope so! what am I saying!? I KNOW SO!

mechmoggy
Good news, for this helpful advice I would like one evil genius character named after me when you begin working on puta' games. Ta. big grin

Lara
sure thing! big grin
actually I might do some sketching tonight and see what it comes out like! if its good I'll post it, or email it to you, but there might be a problem there! I dont have your addy!

mechmoggy
Here's my address: -

[email protected]

And if you decide to make me female, give me big baps. big grin

queeq
Oooooh..... your e-mail.... You're in danger now! evil face

Lara
what do you mean by that queeq?

VampirePrincess
*smiles*

I have the books and I use to be on their forums untill they went down. Never went back.

Fitch
never been a manga fan.....

Member.
dbz charactors cool as they arebig grin, i could draw son-goku, gohan (saiyan man and young gohan), goten, trunks, bulma (all). im struggling on vegeta and havent tried the othersstick out tongue

rusky
I stink when it comes to drawing... some maga chars are quite ok...

Lara
well I had a half arsed attempt at Goku last night it came out ok but I gave him a rather large jaw and chin! OOooppsssss! blink

Thomas H
hehhe

Member.
LOLstick out tongue

Lara
indeed!laughing out loud I think I need a bit more practice!

Lara
this is some stuff I did a while ago!
I know their a bit big but thats as small as I could get them!

Lara
and this is another one!

Lara
wow! whata big responce! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corran
I particularly like the self portrait one, could I possibly get a copy of that?

finti
picasso has a heir

Thomas H
hehe...Just saw the picrures..and you really are a good painter..

finti
what paintings Thomas

mah
http://anime.no/galleri/bilder/mah/mgtk.jpg
http://anime.no/galleri/bilder/mah/bst4.jpg

Lara
its not paint Thomas, its colour pencil!

rusky
Very nice ! Great work ! smile

mechmoggy
Nice work Lara, hows that one of me coming along?

Thomas H
your ass!

BOPRecruit 16
do any of you people know where to get books/information on how to draw manga? i want to draw dbz characters, plus for my original manga/fic.

Fave Animes:
Dbz/db
Inu Yasha
.hack//sign
Naruto
Yu Yu Hakashou
Shamen King
Fushigi Yuugi
G Gundam
Rurouni Kenshin

finally someone mentioned anime/mangas in here! any brand new material out yet? ^.~ dbz rocks! *the kid buu saga is airing*

finti
You wish

BackFire349
i prefer hentia

mah
nice!

Mujaffa
chobit..blink

GordonSkywalker
Very impressive, Lara! Very nice! smile

Lara
I'm gonna post some more later on! 4 infact! but that will have to been done on my break, I'm class at the moment and cant get to a printer! sad
thankyou gyus! like I say I'm gonna enrole on an art ND next trem and do an AS in P&D along side it!

GordonSkywalker
Very cool!

Lara
I think so! happy`

Lara
well as promised here are the sketches but the 4th one idint scan properley so I'm not going to post it, its rather crap any way!

first the one of Goku that went wrong!

Lara
Ok, next up is Goku again! a bit better this time though!

Lara
and last but not least mech's request laughing out loud

mah
nice ones

Corran
Mah, are you suggesting Lara has nice ones?

mah
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
You are very gifted, Lara!

Corran
In more ways than we could imagine.

GordonSkywalker
She's as beatiful as she is talented! I certainly could never sketch anything quite like that!

Captain REX
Your very good with manga Lara, where I am not, thoug the pointy chins and somewhat pointed noses of anime (which is also manga if I am correct) have found their way into my art after getting stuck with Pokemon for two years (ergh...). I have an older cousin in Ohio who is very good at it too.

I good at art in a different way. I can draw people, but they often have big heads, short legs, long arms, and weird yes. I'm better with drawing things for stories I write, like blasters and lightsabers and ships for my Star Wars and other sci-fi stories, and swords and shields and armor for my new story entitled 'Tomahawk'.

I'm an artistic person, and so are you. Neato. smile

Lara
thnx guys!

mechmoggy
Top pics and top norks on my requested one! wink

mah
not necessarily a bad thing, just different style

Lara
Idd you'll find your preferred style and that'll make you very distictive as well as recognisable to viewers! smile

mah
you're writing 'indeed' as 'idd' too now?

Lara
and?

Lara
found another good site for you lot!

www.atpictures.com

Corran
You are a perv.

Lara
sorry!

GordonSkywalker
I fail to see what's so perverted about that link?

Corran
Not the site. I was just telling Lara she is a perv.

mechmoggy
Public service? wink

GordonSkywalker
I do not understand.

Corran
announcement. a public service announcement.

Lara
Not in here corran, I cant be bothered!

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay, I've fixed the problem of stubby legs in my art. I drew a bounty hunter-like guy firing off a machine gun and erased the stubby legs and made them longer, so he looks great. Not that he didn't look great before... smile

And I meant to say 'weird eyes' not 'weird yes,' just so ya know...

mah
figured that out yeah

Lara
huh

Lara
Ok I got busy with the pencils again last night at the local youth club! I havent scanned the pics in yet cuz I havent had time, but they will be up shortly, and they are much better than the previous DB Z/GT pics I've done. I've even had a bash a Gohan this time!

GordonSkywalker
We are looking forward to seeing your latest efforts I am certain.

Lara
humn...well I havent finished Gohan yet, if I'm in the mood later, I might finish it tonight but I dont know.

GordonSkywalker
OK.

Lara
happy

GordonSkywalker
The reason I do not post any of my old stuff is b/c most of it was lost or destroyed when I got out of school.

Lara
thats a shame! who knows drawing might help you. wink wink

GordonSkywalker
Creative writing and drawing is good.

Lara
well, thats a step forwards isnt it?

GordonSkywalker
Uh....I am unsure what you mean. But it is very relaxing when I go outside and write write write!

Lara
I write alot, but I tend to draw manga more often than not! big grin

GordonSkywalker
I was once a master of abstract art. I was the prize pupil of my art instructor a long time ago.

Lara
same here until year 9 as school. then I told the teacher that was sorting out the GCSE courses she was a useless c**t, cuz she wouldnt give me art instead of music!

GordonSkywalker
Shame.

Lara
yup, but *fingers crossed* hopefully I'll get to do the national diploma in fine art in the next accademic year!

GordonSkywalker
You can do it! You can do it!

Lara
its all down to the college, not me unfortunately! sad I'm waiting for an interview with a member of staff from the art department!

Member.
theres a good manga comic called shonun jump, it's cool.

GordonSkywalker
They have comic books like that Member? I thought that stuff was only on TV !

Lara
hell no!

GordonSkywalker
I stand corrected.

Lara
hope fully I'll get the drawings posted to day some time, and I correct myself there are 3.

Lara
well, as promised my most recent works of art. big grin

Lara
well, prior to the pic above, which is Goku in super saiyajin mode I though I'd have a go at a different character.
I choose Gohan.

GordonSkywalker
Fantastic!

Lara
and this is a really dodgy looking guy I drew yester day just for the hell of it! this is completely original and not copied from any thing!

GordonSkywalker
Cool drawings you got there Lara.

Lara
thanks! big grin

yerssot
MARVELOUS!
you're very good at this!
*proud*

Mujaffa
draw one of yourself manga-stylewink

Lara
I might do that tonight if I can be bothered! I've found a decent photo to draw it from as well, funny that! the only photo I have no criticizisms about and its on my train pass! *shakes head*

yerssot
smile
you mailed me one where you said that it looked like you, you can take that one

Lara
may be but thats was more of a abstract portrait. not real manga.

yerssot
still, it's gorgeous smile

Lara
*shakes head* you cant really think that!

yerssot
wanna bet wink
you shouldn't think all that negative about yourself!

Lara
*shrugs*

yerssot
*grmbl*
what did I just say, young lady!

Lara
*runs away and hides up a tall tree* stick out tongue

yerssot
*gets out axe*
now, you have three seconds to say you're goodlooking or I'll start cutting the tree down stick out tongue

Mujaffa
girl are all like that...they won't agree to it..

emily
What are you lot on about really confused

GordonSkywalker
Beats me as well. Cool drawings though.

emily
I didn't even know that it was about drawing really but never mind bunny bunny bunny bunny bunny

GordonSkywalker
Yeh she is quite skilled at drawing anime characters.

yerssot
ya, you're right

Captain REX
I'm always right... stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
Yes captains are always right!

yerssot
I was talking to mujaffa stick out tongue

Corran
But he's not a captain!

GordonSkywalker
He will be..he will be.....

Captain REX
No he won't. I've made sure of it... evil face

Corran
There can be only one.

finti
indeed,..................ME

GordonSkywalker
Nah man you ain't a captain, you're the grand admiral!

Lara
eek! *hugs tree* hey! back to the manga stuff ppl!

Corran
Damn tree huggers.

Lara
I think you'd hug the tree if yerss was at the bottom of it with one of finti's axe's! eek!

Corran
It's OK, he's too busy eating waffles to start chopping.

Lara
I bloody well hope so! wheres mah when you need him?

yerssot
away like always

anymore drawings for us lara? smile

GordonSkywalker
Give her some breathing room and maybe she will feel like sharing again.

yerssot
but I want it now sad

mah
I'm here, but why exactly am I needed? and I can only see red X'es where the last drawings are posted.

yerssot
as always, you're way too late and utterly useless again stick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
Yes they are all fantastic pieces of modern art are they not? Oh you are having trouble seeing them mah?

Lara
I presume so! I guess I'll have to e-mail them to him!

GordonSkywalker
Yeh they came out all right for me. No trouble viewing them from my end. You are very talented and gifted at this Lara. You would have fitted in rather well with my old art class.

Lara
I dont fit in anywhere becuase I dont belong any where!

GordonSkywalker
Same here. I mean I get the same feeling sometimes. I never fit in at school-except for art class that one year.

Lara
I dont fit any where! I'm an odd ball!

GordonSkywalker
I still don't fit in really. I ain't much of a social person anymore. I see a few select friends and occasionally visit them but that's it. Oh and the trips to Books-a-Million as well!

yerssot
perhaps you should try belgium wink

Corran
Yes, they are all odd balls there.

yerssot
not all! I'm still there!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>