Pang QingYun vs Achillies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thanos-prime
Pang has his polearm and sword achillies has a sword, spear and shield who wins?

the ninjak
Can you show some feats for Pang? smile

thanos-prime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Eix60jrE0

Skip to 8:03

the ninjak
Pretty cool scene. Now we have to look at the fact that that scene was heavily dramatic.

Achilles blocked through arrow and spear attacks while chosing his battles and killing all in his path.

Pang ran in there and eventually got speared. Achilles is more the tactical fighter. Everything Pang showed in that fight could be deflected and repelled with Achilles skillset and weaponry.

Achille's shield, spear and sword are perfect for fighting against Pang's polearm.

Achilles wins this from just watching that scene. And if he is proficient in MA I still can't see that having much effect on Achille's attacks.

thanos-prime
It wasn't really that dramatic at all.

As did pang if fact he killed far more people at 1 time than achillies did and really had he not been severely outnumbered he probably would not have gotten injured.

Pang running in there and essentially guaranteeing his death by doing it was strategy he was doing it to get the other general to fight, of the 2 pang is easily the more tactical fighter.

I would have to disagree.

you would think so but in reality pang has all of the advantages when it comes to weapons he has a much longer range as well as the much sturdier weapon as soon as pang relieves him of his spear achillies is at a disadvantage.

Your right from just that scene it is hard to determine. he is extremely proficient in MA.

the ninjak
Originally posted by thanos-prime
It wasn't really that dramatic at all.
I reckon it was. But each to their own.

As did pang if fact he killed far more people at 1 time than achillies did and really had he not been severely outnumbered he probably would not have gotten injured.
Pang running in there and essentially guaranteeing his death by doing it was strategy he was doing it to get the other general to fight, of the 2 pang is easily the more tactical fighter.

It doesn't mean he is a more tactical fighter. Tactical fighters do their best to survive. And achieve objectives. Pang's was to rush in and fight like a kamakaze beast. Achilles despised his lords and their gods. So you're saying if Achilles threw himself into the fray he would be a more tactical fighter?

you would think so but in reality pang has all of the advantages when it comes to weapons he has a much longer range as well as the much sturdier weapon as soon as pang relieves him of his spear achillies is at a disadvantage.
Your right from just that scene it is hard to determine. he is extremely proficient in MA.

This is where it can go anywhere. The weopons debate cannot be won.
Both represent the pinacle of their styles and it's very possible for it to go either way. But Achilles shield ensures he can get around the pole.

thanos-prime
Tactical fighting is using tactics during battle which pang did everytime he went to battle, everytime he made a move there was strategy behind it.

I agree that it really comes down to the weapons because as you said they are both the pinnacle of there style's but i do not believe the shield gives Achilles the ability to move around the pole because pang would use it to attack his feet which i feel would be the most effective strategy.

Pwned
Achilles seems to be better suited for this fight. Sword+Shield>Single Polearm. Once inside its reach, the polearm is useless.

Excuse me, but I am on a tight schedule atm and didnt get to watch the clip. I'm just agreeing with the shield theory.

thanos-prime
He also has a sword and at multiple times in the clip he was fighting multiple people inside the polearms reach.

Pwned
Alright, now I had the time to watch it. And I still think Achilles wins.

The way he fought, against people with no shield or polearms like his own (Naginata? WtfJapanese)
Against a much shorter spear that can be thrown, I don't see him doing as well. And when it gets down to Achilles using his sword, well he still has the shield. That is his trump card.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.