Odin VS Xavier (With the Mind Gem)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Odin VS Xavier (With the Mind Gem)

No prep. No bfr. this is a purely telepathic battle. nothing else is allowed.

who wins?

OneDumbG0
Xavier w/ Mind Gem.

Sin I AM
charles

bbrem123
Xavier

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mind Gem > Odin.

If Xavier is skilled enough in it's usage, he'd overcome the All-Father.

Glorificus
Well if Hood with Mind Gem beat Xavier when he had absolutely no training or experience with using it properly, then Xavier with Mind Gem and some time to learn how to use it should mean he stomps.

JakeTheBank
Xavier.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Glorificus
Well if Hood with Mind Gem beat Xavier when he had absolutely no training or experience with using it properly, then Xavier with Mind Gem and some time to learn how to use it should mean he stomps.

Oh yea, completely forgot about Bendis' arc. Xavier wins, as it's not difficult to access the Gems power. I was stuck in the Infinity Watch era.

zopzop
WTF? Moondragon, herself an accomplished telepath, only managed to stalemate Prof. X when she had the Mind Gem. The Gems are trash without the backing of the Power Gem.

Odin all day, every day.

OneDumbG0
^ I don't remember that happening. Either way, while the Mind Gem might fluctuate, it's clearly got the power when used right. Hell, when it's used wrong, a non-telepath defeated Xavier outright.

Damborgson
Mind phuck

wildernesss
Originally posted by zopzop
WTF? Moondragon, herself an accomplished telepath, only managed to stalemate Prof. X when she had the Mind Gem. The Gems are trash without the backing of the Power Gem.

Odin all day, every day.

that feat seems to confirm that when all things are equal

xavier > moondragon

the hood was able to defeat xavier because he had the backing of more than just the mind gem iirc.

Glorificus
Originally posted by wildernesss
that feat seems to confirm that when all things are equal

xavier > moondragon

Especially looking at Moondragon nowadays.

Not really all that impressive TP-wise currently.

zopzop
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ I don't remember that happening. Either way, while the Mind Gem might fluctuate, it's clearly got the power when used right. Hell, when it's used wrong, a non-telepath defeated Xavier outright.

In a Quasar issue during Infinity War. They both fought off each others mental probes and blocked their team mates from each others mental powers. If the Gem was all that, she should have stomped him but she didn't.

OneDumbG0
^ Well, obviously the Mind Gem has proven powerful enough to stomp Xavier on-panel anyway. So it doesn't really matter anymore. Chalk it up to Moondragon suckin ballz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.