Gladiator vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Why not? Pre Reboot Superman vs Gladiator-who wins?

No Bfr

win is a KO or death.

They fight in spcae so they can cut loose but Superman cannot sundip.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/JAM_ONIT/JLA%20VS%20AVENGERS/Superman%20vs%20Gladiator/Superman-vs-Gladiator-pg3-c.jpg

JakeTheBank
Superman convincingly.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Why not? Pre Reboot Superman vs Gladiator-who wins?

No Bfr

win is a KO or death.

They fight in spcae so they can cut loose but Superman cannot sundip.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/JAM_ONIT/JLA%20VS%20AVENGERS/Superman%20vs%20Gladiator/Superman-vs-Gladiator-pg3-c.jpg

The fight would go just like this ending with Gladiator beating the h*** out of him.

Superman would need a Sundip.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
The fight would go just like this ending with Gladiator beating the h*** out of him.

Lol.

Nihilist
Superman wins, Glads cant match up to the real deal.

ozz81
Sm ,glads confidence may fluctuate , I'm not sure if glads was at his best but he couldnt break caps shield when doc strange tried to create a fake illusion from it etc supes wud probably easily break thru adimantium.

DARTH POWER
^ It was Reed's illusion.. And I believe in those days Cap's shield was a compound made of Adamantium and Vibranium.. So should be totally indestructible..

Anyway Supes wins. His marvel copycat isn't gna beat the real thing.

Dnt get how why anyone would be pro-Glads, but anti-Supes??

gogogadgetgo
Using h1a8's logic, Gladiator has destroyed a planet on panel, hence Gladiator>Superman

Not to mention Gladiator can fly at 100X the speed of light! Gladiator Combos to KO Superman!

Gladiator wins

laughing

Aliens
Superman in a STOMP

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Using h1a8's logic, Gladiator has destroyed a planet on panel, hence Gladiator>Superman

Not to mention Gladiator can fly at 100X the speed of light! Gladiator Combos to KO Superman!

Gladiator wins

laughing

True.. But let's not use h1a8's logic!

Aliens
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo

Gladiator wins

laughing

you are not using his logic, h1a8's Combo to KO works only for DC characters

Enzeru
This is my take on the fight...

I don't think that Superman would totally annihilate Gladiator. There would be a fight, it would be a stalemate for quite a while, since they're both pretty damn strong and fast.

But Gladiator has one disadvantage in this battle. His confidence. As the fight would proceed, he would know for sure that he wouldn't be able to defeat Superman in the long run, if they're at least equals (while I personally say that Superman is superior).
In the end Superman would gain the upper hand, since Gladiator would be get slightly weaker during the fight and in the end it would be enough for him to lose the fight.

Cogito
Originally posted by Nihilist
Superman wins, Glads cant match up to the real deal.

-Pr-
Glads would test him early on, but he's not beating someone faster, stronger and just all round superior to him in a fight, especially when it's Superman's tendency to get better as fights drag on. How superior depends on your pov, naturally.

Lord Feron
1. IS the picture above Gladiator fighting 2 supermen? Or was there some kind of magical asteroid with the ability to reflect energy ? Confused... like the effort for fan art!

2. With both giving it all they got. Supes wins eventually but the instant Supes manages to put Glads down (which would take a while and be ridiculous collateral damage if set anywhere in the universe) supes would pass out or just die from the fight.

dmills
My take. Although they have for all intents and purposes the exact same power set, even if all things were considered equal, I think Supes has a superior set of tactics.

Since I've begun my reinterest in DC, one if the things that I've come to appreciate about Superman is that he has an almost criminally underrated tactical mind. Particularly during combat. I've always leaned towards characters that can wield both the scalpel and the sledgehammer with equal aptitude. We know Supes can wield a sledge hammer, but as his battle with the Elite exemplified, the man can be one hell of a surgeon if need be.

Glads is all Sledge hammer.

cdtm
Compare their speed.

With scans, if available, but at the least try and reference an issue or arc.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by -Pr-
Glads would test him early on, but he's not beating someone faster, stronger and just all round superior to him in a fight, especially when it's Superman's tendency to get better as fights drag on. How superior depends on your pov, naturally.

carver9
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Pretty much. Gladiator by all means is superior to Supes in every category imo.

carver9
Originally posted by Enzeru
This is my take on the fight...

I don't think that Superman would totally annihilate Gladiator. There would be a fight, it would be a stalemate for quite a while, since they're both pretty damn strong and fast.

But Gladiator has one disadvantage in this battle. His confidence. As the fight would proceed, he would know for sure that he wouldn't be able to defeat Superman in the long run, if they're at least equals (while I personally say that Superman is superior).
In the end Superman would gain the upper hand, since Gladiator would be get slightly weaker during the fight and in the end it would be enough for him to lose the fight.

Why didnt his confident drop against Tyrant? Why didn't his confidence drop against Hyperion? Why didn't his confidence drop against Supreme? Why didn't his confidence drop when he fought an entire space fleet of Skrulls and superhumans that invaded the Shiar Empire? Why didn't his confidence dropped when he fought Binary or a gang of Centurians?

The only time it drops is when someone WEAKER THAN HIM tank an attack that they should have either been killed or koed by.

Your logic fails miserably.

Enzeru
The only time it drops is when someone WEAKER THAN HIM tank an attack that they should have either been killed or koed by.

In your previous post you said that Gladiator is superior to Superman in every way, then you said that Gladiator's confidence drops when he faces weaker opponents, who can handle him quite well.

And now I'm the one with the weak logic, because I said that the confidence would doom Gladiator?

Besides that:

- His confidence does not matter in a fight against Tyrant, since Gladiator was the one who was meant to lose from the very first beginning...
- His confidence didn't drop against Hyperion, because Gladiator is clearly about a regular Hyperion...
- Is the fight against Superme a canon fight at all? Just because Invincible teams up with Spider-Man, it doesn't instantly mean that they had that adventure...
- Skrulls and superhumans are to power houses the exact same thing which are elite ninjas and soldiers to street levelers: cannon fodder...
- What's so impressive about Binary? She is a planet buster via energy projection and he knocked her away with physical damage...

What happened to Gladiator's confidence when he faced Cannonball?
What happened to Gladiator's confidence when he faced Hulk?
What happened to Gladiator's confidence when he faced Sue Storm, who was beating the crap out of Gladiator in melee combat?!

It was loooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Answer me a question Carver9. How much do you exactly know about Gladiator? It looks like your knowledge it totally based on his respect thread, but respect threads are quite often not enough to judge a character, because they only show the good fights and ignore all the bad ones.
Just because you can see Gladiator defeating Thor in bunch of the posted fights, you instantly refuse to believe that he can lose, simply because there is no loss in that thread. Who wonders? Respect thread anyone? Not Carver9.

carver9
In your previous post you said that Gladiator is superior to Superman in every way, then you said that Gladiator's confidence drops when he faces weaker opponents, who can handle him quite well.

And now I'm the one with the weak logic, because I said that the confidence would doom Gladiator?

Besides that:

- His confidence does not matter in a fight against Tyrant, since Gladiator was the one who was meant to lose from the very first beginning...
- His confidence didn't drop against Hyperion, because Gladiator is clearly about a regular Hyperion...
- Is the fight against Superme a canon fight at all? Just because Invincible teams up with Spider-Man, it doesn't instantly mean that they had that adventure...
- Skrulls and superhumans are to power houses the exact same thing which are elite ninjas and soldiers to street levelers: cannon fodder...
- What's so impressive about Binary? She is a planet buster via energy projection and he knocked her away with physical damage...

What happened to Gladiator's confidence when he faced Sue Storm, who was beating the crap out of Gladiator in melee combat?!

It was loooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Answer me a question Carver9. How much do you exactly know about Gladiator? It looks like your knowledge it totally based on his respect thread, but respect threads are quite often not enough to judge a character, because they only show the good fights and ignore all the bad ones.
Just because you can see Gladiator defeating Thor in bunch of the posted fights, you instantly refuse to believe that he can lose, simply because there is no loss in that thread. Who wonders? Respect thread anyone? Not Carver9.

Not trying to be mean but you are not good at this. Gladiator confidence drop 'due to plot"...it has nothing to do with the other persons power level
His confidence dropped against Cannonball because Cannonball is a meta that TANKED a punch that should have killed him.

Sue Storm didn't have a thing to do with Gladiator confidence dropping. She had her part in it but it had NOTHING to do with her power level. Reed...a weakling had Captain America shield in front of him and Sue turned it invisible. Gladiator thinking that he is punching Reed is hitting at him with City level destroying punches and Reed, someone that is far weaker than Gladiator stood there with a smile on his face. Gladiator knows Reed isn't suppose to be tanking these attacks and His confidence drops.

Lol...Gladiator confidence never dropped against Hulk...lol. His radiation weakness was on the battlefield which weakened him.

All this information that you just put in this post. Is this something you learned from comicvine.

The only time Gladiator confidence drop is due to a plot...people withstanding attacks that should outright kill them. Him fighting Superman, Thor, Surfer, that will not happen because there isn't one shed of proof that it will happen.

OWNED.

-Pr-
Pretty much. Gladiator by all means is superior to Supes in every category imo.

You just agreed with Colossus, who agreed with me that Superman would win.

Why didnt his confident drop against Tyrant? Why didn't his confidence drop against Hyperion? Why didn't his confidence drop against Supreme? Why didn't his confidence drop when he fought an entire space fleet of Skrulls and superhumans that invaded the Shiar Empire? Why didn't his confidence dropped when he fought Binary or a gang of Centurians?

Your logic isn't exactly stellar, tbh.

Enzeru
Not trying to be mean but you are not good at this. Gladiator confidence drop 'due to plot"...it has nothing to do with the other persons power level

You're the guy who believes that Sentry release his maximum power output during the fight against WW Hulk. I'm not sure if you're the one who can judge how the confidence works.

His confidence dropped against Cannonball because Cannonball is a meta that TANKED a punch that should have killed him.

He didn't tank it. Take a close look at the scan. Judging by that moment of Gladiator's fail history, it's to assume that there is not much of his skill, since he is not able to tell the difference between taking planet busting hits and simply redirecting the energy.

Reed...a weakling had Captain America shield in front of him and Sue turned it invisible.

That's not the instance I'm talking about.
I was talking about the instance where he faced Sue Storm who was wielding the Unipower. Now Sue Storm is only an ordinary human with ordinary strenght and the Unipowers increases the hosts strenght my a minimum of x50, up to x7.500, but in the end that should not have been enough to actually go toe on toe with Gladiator, which Sue did, since his telekinesis got boosted aswell and she was able to tank his damage and his confidence dropped.

If he struggels, because his enemy is more powerful in the long run, he starts losing his confidence.

Lol...Gladiator confidence never dropped against Hulk...lol. His radiation weakness was on the battlefield which weakened him.

Didn't that happen after the fight was already over, since Hulk grabbed his face, while he was still doing the Heat Vision? Way to go Gladiator, way to go. Only a smart warrior, would use his limitless strenght, so jump back few meters and then continue shooting the Heat Vision from a safe distance.

The only time Gladiator confidence drop is due to a plot...people withstanding attacks that should outright kill them. Him fighting Superman, Thor, Surfer, that will not happen because there isn't one shed of proof that it will happen.

In the end all of these characters have a greater versatility and therefore ways to defeat Gladiator, or are simply more powerful and don't have problems in dealing with him.
Gladiator also already got overwhelmed by an energy manipulating random alien :X

OWNED.

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no
Yo Yo Yo

Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!

Sucker tried to play me
But you never paid me, never

Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!

Payback is a' coming
You will be runnin', forever

carver9
You just agreed with Colossus, who agreed with me that Superman would win.

Your logic isn't exactly stellar, tbh.

Depending on Gladiator mindset, Supes could possibly pull a majority. If Gladiator means business, it ain't happening.

Lololol...my knowledge is almost next to none.

-Pr-
Depending on Gladiator mindset, Supes could possibly pull a majority. If Gladiator means business, it ain't happening.

Lololol...my knowledge is almost next to none.

Only if you ignore Superman's superior feats, fights, powers etc.

Pretty much yeah.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by dmills
My take. Although they have for all intents and purposes the exact same power set, even if all things were considered equal, I think Supes has a superior set of tactics.

Since I've begun my reinterest in DC, one if the things that I've come to appreciate about Superman is that he has an almost criminally underrated tactical mind. Particularly during combat. I've always leaned towards characters that can wield both the scalpel and the sledgehammer with equal aptitude. We know Supes can wield a sledge hammer, but as his battle with the Elite exemplified, the man can be one hell of a surgeon if need be.

Glads is all Sledge hammer.

Well not all sledge hammer Glads fight with hyperion said they were basic equals and Glads won because he had superior fighting skills.

DukeNuke
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71896/1314606-1196138924536_super.jpg

carver9
You're the guy who believes that Sentry release his maximum power output during the fight against WW Hulk. I'm not sure if you're the one who can judge how the confidence works.

He didn't tank it. Take a close look at the scan. Judging by that moment of Gladiator's fail history, it's to assume that there is not much of his skill, since he is not able to tell the difference between taking planet busting hits and simply redirecting the energy.

That's not the instance I'm talking about.
I was talking about the instance where he faced Sue Storm who was wielding the Unipower. Now Sue Storm is only an ordinary human with ordinary strenght and the Unipowers increases the hosts strenght my a minimum of x50, up to x7.500, but in the end that should not have been enough to actually go toe on toe with Gladiator, which Sue did, since his telekinesis got boosted aswell and she was able to tank his damage and his confidence dropped.

If he struggels, because his enemy is more powerful in the long run, he starts losing his confidence.

Didn't that happen after the fight was already over, since Hulk grabbed his face, while he was still doing the Heat Vision? Way to go Gladiator, way to go. Only a smart warrior, would use his limitless strenght, so jump back few meters and then continue shooting the Heat Vision from a safe distance.

In the end all of these characters have a greater versatility and therefore ways to defeat Gladiator, or are simply more powerful and don't have problems in dealing with him.
Gladiator also already got overwhelmed by an energy manipulating random alien :X

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no
Yo Yo Yo

Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!

Sucker tried to play me
But you never paid me, never

Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!
Oh no, you didn't!

Payback is a' coming
You will be runnin', forever

It was stated on panel Sentry didn't hold back. First you need to stay on topic...2nd,.lets.not get mad because Hulk sent Reynolds to the hospital.

Sigh*...how am I suppose to debate against a guy that doesn't know what he is talking about. Gladiator said that this punch had enough power in it to send Cannonball to the core of the sun and that it would kill Sam. Sam agreed and was in fear of death "until he learned a new technique that absorbed Gladiator punch by absorbing the kinetic energy from it". In Gladiator mind, that punch was suppose to kill Sam (which is the reason why Gladiator lost confidence). Sam TANKED the punch.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/116/99564040gc5.jpg/

Now I ask this again. Show me Gladiator losing confidence against a peer or someone superior than him or "stop responding to my post".

And lol at you thinking Sue with the unipower is a weakling. Also...lol at you saying Gladiator lost confidence during that fight.

Don't respond to my post until you have proof or I WILL ignore you.

Thanks.

carver9
Only if you ignore Superman's superior feats, fights, powers etc.

Pretty much yeah.

That's the problem...I don't think Superman fts are superior.

abhilegend
Really carver, tell me about those feats, please?

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Really carver, tell me about those feats, please?

I already told you these fts.

-Pr-
That's the problem...I don't think Superman fts are superior.

And yet you haven't provided Gladiator ones.

abhilegend
I already told you these fts.
When, where?

carver9
And yet you haven't provided Gladiator ones.

What kind of ft would you like to see?

carver9
When, where?

Plenty of times. What fts would you like to know?

Spire
Gladiator wins.

abhilegend
Plenty of times. What fts would you like to know?
Any type of feat. I am just curious to see those mysterious feats which no one has ever seen.

Spire
Any type of feat. I am just curious to see those mysterious feats which no one has ever seen.

I'll PM you the links.

Share them with no one!

carver9

Him working Heralds is part of the fts I'm referencing.

abhilegend
^ You do know that guys like thor, superman and surfer beats heralds for their living, right?

dmills

Besides that:

Ohh... http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/screen-shot-2011-10-01-at-3-40-15-pm-picsay.jpg

ColossusGrundy
Supes is the real deal, Glads is a carbon copy joke.

Supes ftw.

-Pr-
What kind of ft would you like to see?

Something that would put him at least equal to or above Superman.

carver9
Something that would put him at least equal to or above Superman.

You already know the fts that puts him on Superman level.

OneDumbG0
What happened to Gladiator's confidence when he faced Sue Storm, who was beating the crap out of Gladiator in melee combat?! His loss had nothing to do with confidence.
His loss had nothing to do with confidence.

-Pr-
You already know the fts that puts him on Superman level.

No, I don't.

A skyscraper isn't going to cut it.

Enzeru
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Oh let me guess, it was the radiation in the tank where Hulk put him in later on, right?

Because 100 x 7.500 = above Gladiator's strenght, right?

OneDumbG0
Oh let me guess, it was the radiation in the tank where Hulk put him in later on, right?

Because 100 x 7.500 = above Gladiator's strenght, right? It was more that Hulk caused his eye beams to feed back into his skull and then the radiation bath.

That doesn't make sense. If you're referring to some vague equation that you think controls the amount of amp that the Unipower gives, the Unipower doesn't adhere to a strict equation. My evidence is every appearance of the Unipower.

carver9

Because 100 x 7.500 = above Gladiator's strenght, right?

Stated on panel...Gladiator wasn't there to fight Hulk.

Learn what the Unipower is.

Champion-66
Gladiator wins. Stronger, faster and more skilled at close combat. Gladiators powers allow him to get stronger the more he believes in himself.

Gladiators fight with a bloodlusted supreme ( who is FAR above current superman ) is proof enough. Gladiator destroyed a planet with his fists. If you want the size of the planet, its easy to determine.. First its the largest planet in the area, the writer let it be known. The planet had an entire race, the planet endured the death of galaxys thus it was described as a rock which let the reader know that it was very durable. There was even life on that planet. ( the thing that attacked gladiator )... Also look at the size of the area gladiator was standing on after he destroyed that massive planet.

Enzeru
It was more that Hulk caused his eye beams to feed back into his skull and then the radiation bath.

The radiation bath was just the dot on the i. Gladiator already failed above by 1. getting his ear drums *****-clapped and secondly by getting his head grabbed and Heat Vision redirected inside. Way to be an experienced warrior.

Not try to use some high quality logic.
If Gladiator's Heat Vision manages to burn Hulk's entire chest, then it should managed to burn through his hands for sure, if the power level doesn't go back, because of his confidence.

Now imagine me standing in front of you and shooting with a gun at you. The bullet with go through your chest and probably stop in your body. If I shoot at your hand, the bullet will go through.
You realize where I'm coming from? No, not from the ghetto. I'm trying to explain you the logic.

That doesn't make sense. If you're referring to some vague equation that you think controls the amount of amp that the Unipower gives, the Unipower doesn't adhere to a strict equation. My evidence is every appearance of the Unipower.

That actually makes perfect sense, since I made it the perfect conditions for Sue.
The Unipower increases the hosts abilities. The strenght is one of the attributes which gets increase.
I assumed that Sue is a 100 kilogramm max human and that is actually generous, I think. Then I multiplied that with 7.500, basically the highest amount the Unipower can give you, if your will is super strong. The smallest amount would be 50, but I took 7.500...

100 x 7.500 = 750.000 kilogramms, basically 750 tons was the strenght level of Sue Storm during that fight and I doubt even that, yet she was beating the crap out of Gladiator.
Why? I would say that his confidence was low, since he had to deal with someone who he wasn't really able to hurt, because of her other abilities.

To your defense, it could be said that that comic was ignoring Gladiator's past feats, since he had to take the Unipower to increase his own flight speed, to reach a tsunami which was "far" away and even then he needed 2 minutes for it. Not exactly 100 times faster then the speed of light, huh. But who knows, maybe his confidence was really freakin' low because of his encounter with Sue.

Stated on panel...Gladiator wasn't there to fight Hulk.
Learn what the Unipower is.

Go and wash yourself.

Eon Blue

Sue Storm didn't have a thing to do with Gladiator confidence dropping. She had her part in it but it had NOTHING to do with her power level. Reed...a weakling had Captain America shield in front of him and Sue turned it invisible. Gladiator thinking that he is punching Reed is hitting at him with City level destroying punches and Reed, someone that is far weaker than Gladiator stood there with a smile on his face. Gladiator knows Reed isn't suppose to be tanking these attacks and His confidence drops.

All this information that you just put in this post. Is this something you learned from comicvine.

OWNED.

Who the hell uses "OWNED" after the end of their argument? That pretty much negates the whole argument and makes you look like a tool for doing so.

OneDumbG0
The radiation bath was just the dot on the i. Gladiator already failed above by 1. getting his ear drums *****-clapped and secondly by getting his head grabbed and Heat Vision redirected inside. Way to be an experienced warrior.

Not try to use some high quality logic.
If Gladiator's Heat Vision manages to burn Hulk's entire chest, then it should managed to burn through his hands for sure, if the power level doesn't go back, because of his confidence.

Now imagine me standing in front of you and shooting with a gun at you. The bullet with go through your chest and probably stop in your body. If I shoot at your hand, the bullet will go through.
You realize where I'm coming from? No, not from the ghetto. I'm trying to explain you the logic. His loss had nothing to do with confidence. Nothing you've said suggests otherwise. Originally posted by Enzeru
That actually makes perfect sense, since I made it the perfect conditions for Sue.
The Unipower increases the hosts abilities. The strenght is one of the attributes which gets increase.
I assumed that Sue is a 100 kilogramm max human and that is actually generous, I think. Then I multiplied that with 7.500, basically the highest amount the Unipower can give you, if your will is super strong. The smallest amount would be 50, but I took 7.500...

100 x 7.500 = 750.000 kilogramms, basically 750 tons was the strenght level of Sue Storm during that fight and I doubt even that, yet she was beating the crap out of Gladiator.
Why? I would say that his confidence was low, since he had to deal with someone who he wasn't really able to hurt, because of her other abilities.

To your defense, it could be said that that comic was ignoring Gladiator's past feats, since he had to take the Unipower to increase his own flight speed, to reach a tsunami which was "far" away and even then he needed 2 minutes for it. Not exactly 100 times faster then the speed of light, huh. But who knows, maybe his confidence was really freakin' low because of his encounter with Sue. That doesn't make sense. If you're referring to some vague equation that you think controls the amount of amp that the Unipower gives, the Unipower doesn't adhere to a strict equation. My evidence is every appearance of the Unipower.

Enzeru
My evidence is every appearance of the Unipower.

1. Why did Daredevil ask the Unipower to leave him?
2. How did Krosakis gain the Unipower?

Damborgson
Originally posted by Lord Feron
1. IS the picture above Gladiator fighting 2 supermen? Or was there some kind of magical asteroid with the ability to reflect energy ? Confused... like the effort for fan art!

What happened was superman heated the asteroid until it turned to glass. Then he fired his HV off at it and it reflected back at glads. Yeah its actually pretty good imo.

OneDumbG0
1. Why did Daredevil ask the Unipower to leave him?
2. How did Krosakis gain the Unipower? The Unipower's nature, which has fluctuated up and down like the stock market for the sake of plot, has little to do with this confidence myth people keep trying to construct/deconstruct. My evidence is every appearance of the Unipower and every appearance of Gladiator.

Enzeru
My evidence is every appearance of the Unipower

Then answer my two questions.

OneDumbG0
^ Your questions have nothing to do with the topic. If you can't admit that the Unipower amp fluctuates up and down based on all of its appearances, that's your problem.

juggernaut74
When did Sue Storm beat Gladiator?

Enzeru
Your questions have nothing to do with the topic. If you can't admit that the Unipower amp fluctuates up and down based on all of its appearances, that's your problem.

The amp varies with the hosts, not with the appearances. It depends on the will of the host how much power the host gets. Therefore an ordinary, untrained human was able to beat the crap out of the Juggernaut since he was pissed at Juggs and wanted revenge because of few things Juggernaut did in the past to that man.
If the host has a strong will, the Unipower will give the host more power.

You claim to know about to Unipower, you claim to know about every of it's appearances and therefore I asked you two simple questions, which you should be able to answer easily, yet you're not able to do so, since you seem to lack the knowledge.

Originally posted by juggernaut74
When did Sue Storm beat Gladiator?

Captain Universe - Invisible Woman #1

juggernaut74

Captain Universe - Invisible Woman #1 I think I may have read that. Is that the issue where Kallark couldn't outrun a tidal wave? Don't recall the fight though, you have scans?

Enzeru
I think I may have read that. Is that the issue where Kallark couldn't outrun a tidal wave? Don't recall the fight though, you have scans?

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

juggernaut74
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4034/captuniverseinvisiblewo.th.jpg I read that in 2005 when it came out. Kallark needing a boost stood out to me the most I suppose.

Enzeru
I read that in 2005 when it came out. Kallark needing a boost stood out to me the most I suppose.

If I would be beaten by a woman, my confidence would be totally gone :-X
That's the thing with such characters, who have a weakness which can affect their powerlevel. If they're portrayed as weak, then you know what's the case already. Gladiator has his confidence, Sentry has his agoraphobia. Of course most of the time the "depowerment" is mainly for the plot there and not really to bring more depth into the character.

But who knows, maybe Gladiator was hurt during that instance and wasn't able to reach higher speeds, but I personally am going with the confidence theory, since there is basically no way he should be harmed by Invisible Woman with melee attacks. The strenght amp wouldn't be nearly enough.
Him not being able to harm her ... I can live very well with that, since he already needed few attacks, to overpower her force fields in the past and thanks to the Unipower, she was empowered greatly.

TheHulk
Superman After A Long Fight.....

tkitna
Superman would probably win, but is it correct to assume that Gladiator is the better fighter? Just asking.

JakeTheBank
Honestly, Clark is pretty skilled in terms of brawling and the application of his powers. Like others such as Dmills and Pr have stated before, Clark, while no Batman or even Diana in terms of technical prowess in the terms of the martial arts, still is a great combatant when it comes to the application of his powers. Gladiator might be more skilled in terms of pure hand to hand - I'd have to see the feats in question - but in terms of overall powersets? Clark has him beat.

Anyone with any shred of decency and common sense would know that Superman's feats are overall > Gladiator's and not just because "Kal is the original and Kallark is just a clone". On the average, Glads would make Kal work for the win, but Kal would ultimately prevail. If Gladiator pushes Kal in their fight, Kal simply has more to dish out and draw from.

And in a high end feat contest....Superman trounces Gladiator something fierce. It's not DC bias or Gladiator hate/ignorance or anything stupid like that. It's just facts.

America99

abhilegend
^ Except we can't use stuff before 1986 for superman. Superman has also fought a 1000 year long war in asgard and actually uses pressure points in fights. Nowhere close to surfer's power? If he was in marvel he would also be an alpha plus, stop kidding yourself. Superman also gets stronger when he stresses as he absorbes more sunlight.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by America99
Sorry, but you are wrong. Gladiator trained ALL his life as a warrior in the field of combat. Gladiator along with silver surfer, beta ray bill and quasar are all Alpha plus class in power. Superman is nowhere close to being on silver surfer level in power. Gladiators strength increases the more he believes in himself as stated by the writers of the 4 issue annihilatiors series. When it comes to comparing feats, superman has been around for 60 plus years, so you fail for even trying to use that.

So, you can show or point me to these warrior training feats and instances of Glad's being a better fighter then? I can accept Gladiator being > Kal in terms of H2H - I'd like to see the evidence anyway, mind you - but in terms of overall power application? Kal has him beat soundly. Clark is a thinking man's brawler and always has been. In terms of utilizing his powers in inventive ways outside of just pummeling shit - which Superman obviously is exceptional in - Gladiator doesn't match Superman.

Superman was rated as Alpha level according to Maxwell Lord's files. Means nothing really. Superman doesn't match Surfer's versatility or his sheer energy power output, but as a whole when you compare physicality and power sets, only someone seriously misinformed or delusional would think that Superman doesn't stand out as one of the highest high heralds in comics.

Writer statements =/= feats/on panel evidence. Joe Casey stated that during his run on Superman, he felt the character was literally unstoppable if properly motivated and nothing short of Classic Beyonder could have stopped him. That's ridiculous, but he said it, so using the same kind of logic, writer statements overwhelmingly support Superman as a unbeatable force of good and drown out Gladiator's writer backed statements. Further more, this fully confident thing? Unless Glad's confidence is specificially shown, alluded, or otherwise mentioned to be lowered or lessened, he's fully confident. You can't write off his losses as "Oh, Gladiator wasn't confident so he got stalemated by Masterson Thor. And beat the shit out of by Hulk. And a future Gladiator got raped by Thor. But, oooh, boy! If he was fully confident, he'd totally win!"

And lol at Superman's 60 year history - actually much longer than that, btw, but who's counting? - being some kind of unfair advantage. I don't have to use 60 years of Superman history/feats to justify him beating Gladiator. I could use the last decade of Kal's feats to do that.

America99

JakeTheBank
He has to sundipp to get stronger and he does not remember about asgard.

Superman's powers, much like the powers of many characters ranging from heralds to meta's to even streets, are directly effected by effort and willpower. The harder he pushes himself, the more his dials "go up to eleven." Gladiator's instance is a more specific example of that, referenced by psionic prowess. Either way, when push comes to shove, Superman does insane shit. The guy practically invented that (among other things).

He also doesn't need to sundip to beat up Gladiator or even sun amp (there's a difference). A Sundipped Superman ala Our Worlds at War would obliterate Gladiator.

America99

JakeTheBank
Masterson thor stalemated gladiator?? I think the ground gave before a winner was seen. Hulk beat gladiator?? Hulk?? i have that book. BS the whole fight. Future gladiator got raped by thor?? So thor in human form dodged gladiators heat vision twice..lol.. Gladiator KOED thor in that fight. 60 seconds flying across the sky is getting raped by a fist. not a weapon.

That's what I'd call a stalemate if the fight ended without a clear winner. And Masterson Thor was a n00b. Was Gladiator not fully confident, then? Or just kinda confident?

Hulk beat the shit out of him and before plot device radiation further hampered Gladiator. Guess he wasn't confident then, either.

Gladiator didn't KO Thor. He disarmed Thor from Mjolnir, and after 60 seconds passed, he reverted to Jake Olsen. Furthermore, Gladiator needed to:

A.) Have prep time in order to find Thor and deduce his mortal alter-ego.
B.) Attacked Jake Olsen first.
C.) Took a hostage in the form of Olsen's ex-GF's daughter.
D.) Took advantage of an enchantment which no longer applies to Thor.

And the funny thing is he was totally bloodlusted and still couldn't beat Thor. Once Thor reclaimed Mjolnir and got fed up with Glad's bullshit, he dismantled him with a few shots from his hammer. Future Glads then returns to his timeline and even concedes "Thor is too powerful!". Guess he wasn't confident in his odds of beating Thor, huh? I love how Gladiator supporters use that fight as some kind of evidence of Glads alleged superiority when, really, all that fight shows is that Gladiator needed loads of context in order to get the advantage over Thor, and once Thor was pissed off, got his shit kicked in.

Thor, Hulk, and Superman > Gladiator according to comics.

EDIT: Well, this reply was written for no reason, then. sneer

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So, you can show or point me to these warrior training feats and instances of Glad's being a better fighter then?

Maybe he's talking about the War of Kings Gladiator thing. Not sure if he's been training since he was a wee little baby but his training looks to me like some kinda special ops training.

carver9
That's what I'd call a stalemate if the fight ended without a clear winner. And Masterson Thor was a n00b. Was Gladiator not fully confident, then? Or just kinda confident?

Hulk beat the shit out of him and before plot device radiation further hampered Gladiator. Guess he wasn't confident then, either.

Gladiator didn't KO Thor. He disarmed Thor from Mjolnir, and after 60 seconds passed, he reverted to Jake Olsen. Furthermore, Gladiator needed to:

A.) Have prep time in order to find Thor and deduce his mortal alter-ego.
B.) Attacked Jake Olsen first.
C.) Took a hostage in the form of Olsen's ex-GF's daughter.
D.) Took advantage of an enchantment which no longer applies to Thor.

And the funny thing is he was totally bloodlusted and still couldn't beat Thor. Once Thor reclaimed Mjolnir and got fed up with Glad's bullshit, he dismantled him with a few shots from his hammer. Future Glads then returns to his timeline and even concedes "Thor is too powerful!". Guess he wasn't confident in his odds of beating Thor, huh? I love how Gladiator supporters use that fight as some kind of evidence of Glads alleged superiority when, really, all that fight shows is that Gladiator needed loads of context in order to get the advantage over Thor, and once Thor was pissed off, got his shit kicked in.

EDIT: Well, this reply was written for no reason, then. sneer

All of this is a lie.

abhilegend
All of this is a lie.
Then why don't you go in Thor vs gladiator battlezone and tell us the truth how gladiator won.

-Pr-
All of this is a lie.

Takes one to know one.

carver9
Takes one to know one.

laughing out loud

I don't lie.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

I don't lie.
crylaugh

carver9
crylaugh

What's so funny?

Spire
Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare. Among liars, carver9.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Spire
Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare. Among liars, carver9.

If there is any moment that I've been completely serious on this board then it is now for you have honestly made me laugh out loud. I don't care who you are or what you do from this moment on you are perfectly fine by me. Thank you so much for this laugh and ROTK/DW reference.

abhilegend
What's so funny?
Honestly, you don't know? That makes it even more funny.

carver9
Honestly, you don't know? That makes it even more funny.

embarrasment

Spire
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
If there is any moment that I've been completely serious on this board then it is now for you have honestly made me laugh out loud. I don't care who you are or what you do from this moment on you are perfectly fine by me. Thank you so much for this laugh and ROTK/DW reference.

Thank you, Sir. I just can't get Warriors Orochi 3 out of my mind.

And to anyone who has koeiwarriors saved under favorites, we are sworn brothers eternal.

Wei Phoenix
They're making another Warriors Orochi? This is confirmed?

Spire
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi2/

Just waiting for the scheduled release dates for different regions. A few have claimed they already pre-ordered the game places with place holder dates of March 30 and Feb 1.

It is coming brother!

zeel

what proof you have of this?

Brockalizer

Your logic fails miserably. I think that if Gladiator delivered a series of powerful blows, and Superman still appeared undamaged then his confidence might fluctuate, but that wouldn't happen. Once Gladiator sees Superman bleed he'd use his own ABC logic (if it bleeds, I CAN/WILL kill it), which would probably increase his confidence.

carver9
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I think that if Gladiator delivered a series of powerful blows, and Superman still appeared undamaged then his confidence might fluctuate, but that wouldn't happen. Once Gladiator sees Superman bleed he'd use his own ABC logic (if it bleeds, I CAN/WILL kill it), which would probably increase his confidence.

Gladiator punches will make Superman bleed.

JakeTheBank
All of this is a lie.

Lol.

All of it is truth. Butthurt doesn't change that.

carver9
Lol.

All of it is truth. Butthurt doesn't change that.

I'm on the EDGE of challenging you to a battlezone. Keep on messing with me Jake...keep on buddy.

mad

JakeTheBank
Fulfill your destiny, Carver.

OneDumbG0
The amp varies with the hosts, not with the appearances. It depends on the will of the host how much power the host gets. Therefore an ordinary, untrained human was able to beat the crap out of the Juggernaut since he was pissed at Juggs and wanted revenge because of few things Juggernaut did in the past to that man.
If the host has a strong will, the Unipower will give the host more power.

You claim to know about to Unipower, you claim to know about every of it's appearances and therefore I asked you two simple questions, which you should be able to answer easily, yet you're not able to do so, since you seem to lack the knowledge. I've told you what it shows: a reluctance to discuss irrelevant points. You've already partially conceded that the Unipower doesn't provide a flat multiplication amp off of base physical stats. So there's no point to discussing this further.

Your assertion that Gladiator lost confidence and, therefore, power because Sue probably only enjoyed a 100x physical strength amp is mere conjecture. It's baseless.

-Pr-
Gladiator punches will make Superman bleed.

Superman's punches will make Gladiator brain-damaged.

carver9
Superman's punches will make Gladiator brain-damaged.

laughing out loud

Come on Pr...let's be serious here. We both know those punches would only tickle.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Come on Pr...let's be serious here. We both know those punches would only tickle.

Only in your dreams Carver.

Brockalizer
Superman's punches will make Gladiator brain-damaged. Even a punch drunk fighter can kick some ass. Haven't you seen Rocky IV?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

rofl

DARTH POWER

Urmm change Hulk with Surfer wink

Not too convinced about Hulk>Glads. If Glads used his speed advantage then im sure he could at least fight to a stalemate.

Hulk has beaten him in the past, and it was nothing to do with Glads confidence.. But not sure Glads used his speed effectively. And it shouldn't take a whole 3 seconds for Glads to bfr Hulk into space imo

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Spire
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/orochi2/

Just waiting for the scheduled release dates for different regions. A few have claimed they already pre-ordered the game places with place holder dates of March 30 and Feb 1.

It is coming brother!

Well this will be bought, hopefully it has online co-op like DW7.

Bump lord
Bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.