Can Persuader's Atomic axe cut through these?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Can atomic axe cut through these
1. Mjolnir
2. Primary adamantium
3. Aegis bracers
4. Classic juggernaut
5. Cap's shield
6. Destroyer armor

Gecko4lif
1. yes
2. yes
3. no
4. yes
5. yes
6. no

h1a8
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
1. yes
2. yes
3. no
4. yes
5. yes
6. no

Mjolnir> or = Destroyer's armor so either both yes or both no.
But in general are we supposed to accept that the axe can cut through anything?
If so then it cuts through anything. What's to talk about?

leonidas
it would help to know what has STOPPED the blade in the past. blair may know.....

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
But in general are we supposed to accept that the axe can cut through anything?
If so then it cuts through anything. What's to talk about?

Actually I used to think this as well, but recently learned that the Destroyer construct was made with properties that are more durable than Mjolnir.

Gecko4lif

Weve seen mjolnir broken more times than the destroyer so im inclined not to think that way

Prep-Man
im pretty sure the axe can cut through anything. has it ever failed?

h1a8
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Weve seen mjolnir broken more times than the destroyer so im inclined not to think that way

Statistics huh?
Well use them correctly then.

Mjolnir has faced far more threats and has been in far more battles than the Destroyer. So if you are going to use statistics then it's not about how many times something has been damaged but the percentage of the times it's been damaged vs. not damaged. I believe Mjolnir has a higher percentage. Plus we know the strength of Mjolnir depends on the power flowing through it (based off who's in possession of it). For example, King Thor can make it far harder than the Destroyer's armor.

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
it would help to know what has STOPPED the blade in the past. blair may know.....

Mon El's arm.

But I call that PIS.

Stoic
Statistics huh?
Well use them correctly then.

Mjolnir has faced far more threats and has been in far more battles than the Destroyer. So if you are going to use statistics then it's not about how many times something has been damaged but the percentage of the times it's been damaged vs. not damaged. I believe Mjolnir has a higher percentage. Plus we know the strength of Mjolnir depends on the power flowing through it (based off who's in possession of it). For example, King Thor can make it far harder than the Destroyer's armor.

But the same thing can be argued about the Destroyer construct. If you placed Odin within it, it would be far more dangerous and powerful, than if Tarene were to be in it. Handbook's aren't always the most reliable source when it pertains to feats or canonical events, but it was written that the Destroyer was made of sterner materials than even Mjolnir (check it out for yourself). This is one of those time that the Handbook takes precedence over opinion, or a writers inability to keep it together contiguously.

Galan007
I remember the axe being unable to cut Mano, Mon-El, and Ravager's energy swords. Can't remember anything else off-hand

srankmissingnin
Why would Persuader's axe far better against Adamamntium than the dozens of "cut through anything" weapons that have failed in the past like The Onyx Sword or Ebon Blade?

abhilegend
^ Because it has already cut almost anything, fabric of reality, abstract concepts like gravity or absurd things like cutting a person's air supply.

cdtm
Pretty much.

That's the magic of the atomic powered axe.

I can see it cutting through everything on this list, except maybe Diana's bracers. Hell, it could probably cut Asgardian Destroyers disintegration beam in half. Pre Crisis stuff was crazy like that..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.