Superman vs Orion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
PIS and CIS are off. Both are bloodlusted and not holding back. Orion has his astro harness but not mother box. Who wins?

Damborgson
I'm going with Orion

abhilegend
^ Any particular reason and how much you would give orion out of 10.

Damborgson
Because I said so. smokin'

And for an actual reason, Orion should be able to take the punishment superman gives him and give it back ftw. I'm not sure how he holds up against speedsters or how he'd react to a speeblitz though. I dont know as much abot him as I should. But from what I've seen he should be able to hold up and put superman down.

Orion 7/10

abhilegend
His speed is nothing in comparison to a speedster. Hell once he was chasing Malefic (j'onn's brother) and malefic laughed him off and told him how slow he was. See Martian Manhunter v2 9.

Cogito
Originally posted by abhilegend
His speed is nothing in comparison to a speedster. Hell once he was chasing Malefic (j'onn's brother) and malefic laughed him off and told him how slow he was. See Martian Manhunter v2 9.

Meh. Haven't read that, but it's not consistent with Orion's history. If that were true he'd get stomped all the time.

abhilegend
Two things about superman/orion fights

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supes-orion02.jpg

The brief ko in superman confidential was due to a surprise attack.

Superman has taken and shrugged off astro force attacks later in his career.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/MartianManhunterv209-06.jpg

Prep-Man
Orion.

leonidas
about as close as it gets. in his own series he actually has a couple very good speed and skill feats, though his speed still is not equal to kal's. gonna go ahead and stick with the fence-riding position on this one and say a split.

carver9
Superman 8/10

cdtm
PIS and CIS are off. Both are bloodlusted and not holding back. Orion has his astro harness but not mother box. Who wins?

NO PIS or CIS?

Spite! Orion massacres Superman!

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
NO PIS or CIS?

Spite! Orion massacres Superman!
Based on what? He was oneshotted by an amped Kalibak who superman fought with mantis and had an upperhand untill a very lucky shot after which he divebombed and ko'd all of them.

cdtm
Orion also one shot KOed Kalibak in the past, while Superman struggled against him.

A bloodlusted Orion pwns Superman.

Prep-Man
orion holds back the astro force. stated this whenn they first met. when they fought hth back in dong, metron said they were about even.

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
orion holds back the astro force. stated this whenn they first met. when they fought hth back in dong, metron said they were about even.

And that was a holding back Orion (And Superman).

Orion doesn't even need the Astro Harness to use the Astro Force, but since he has it in this fight there's really no way Superman doesn't die. He can simply turtle up in a shield and nuke the area.

abhilegend
Orion also one shot KOed Kalibak in the past, while Superman struggled against him.

A bloodlusted Orion pwns Superman.
Superman has two shotted kalibak in OWAW and treated him like a joke in gog wars. Darkseid has manhandled orion with one hand, he conceded that classic infinity man was stronger than him. Superman has fought both darkseid and an amped infinity man evenly. Superman likely has never gone all out against orion.

abhilegend
And that was a holding back Orion (And Superman).

Orion doesn't even need the Astro Harness to use the Astro Force, but since he has it in this fight there's really no way Superman doesn't die. He can simply turtle up in a shield and nuke the area.
Superman can just vibrate intangible. The likelihood of orion making an omnidirectional blast of astro force is slim to none.

cdtm
With the Astro Force, Orion wins, 10/10.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Retconned away in superman confidential. It was after Kal took an astro force blast to the face and was holding back where orion was going berserk.

Prep-Man
everytime they have went toe to toe, it has been pretty even. orion also got the upper hand on darkseid in a one on one fight. even simonson said orion had the advantage as the fight progressed.

orion can conjure up more power. as was shown in countdown. he easily repelled the jla just by powering up.

abhilegend
With the Astro Force, Orion wins, 10/10.
Anyone saying orion 10/10 based on boasting of orion has likely never saw thrashing of darkseid and omega beams.

cdtm
PIS. Darkseid beaten Superman much more often.

Orion, 100/10.

abhilegend
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/TheLegion029-18.jpg

abhilegend
PIS. Darkseid beaten Superman much more often.

Orion, 100/10.
Weaker superman, perhaps. He has accepted superman to be his physical rival. IF orion is winning it, it's nothing more than 5.5-6/10. I would say superman 6/10 due to speed.

Prep-Man
i see this as pretty close. probably a tossup. once you factor in orions gear and fighting ability, i might give orion the nod.

Mshinu
Supes get hurt. Orion 7/10.

Delta1938

CIS off and bloodlusted/not holding back favors Superman much more. Even if people don't accept the "caught by surprise" dialogue in SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL, Superman has shrugged-off or tanked Astro-Force blasts from an enraged Orion since, as he's gotten more powerful since SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL(which took place in his early continuity). Orion on the other hand did get dropped(though not finished) by heat vision from Superman in that same storyline, and Superman's heat vision just got more powerful. Orion's standard form didn't get more powerful by the end of Pre-FLASHPOINT continuity, unlike Superman.

And while Orion does have super speed, definitely not the same degree as Superman's, who should also be more mobile. Yeah, Superman wins here.

Pillow Biter
One has to look at the showings of both characters in aggregate and get a trend.
Yes, Orion is one of the few characters who get brought in as a real foil for Superman, along with Captain Marvel and Black Adam in the past. And Wonder Woman, especially more recently.
So there are showings for Orion that make him look dead equal to Superman, or roughly equivalent, and sometimes even superior. There are also showings that make him look a step behind, especially when things get real serious.
On the whole, there are a lot more Superman > Orion showings or intimations than the other way around.
Superman looked better versus Doomsday. Superman was said to resist the Omega Beams better than Orion by Darkseid himself. Superman performed a lot better versus Mageddon.
Orion is solidly in the elite top tier at DC, alongside Wonder Woman, Shazam, Black Adam, and Martian Manhunter (though sometimes J'onn has a rough go of things). Superman is also at this level many days, but he's also the only one in the group to regularly and clearly exceed his "peers" here.

quanchi112
Orion wins.

h1a8
With the Astro Force, Orion wins, 10/10. How so? Superman is far faster.
Superman can become intangible or simply avoid the blast
Superman has hv himself which is just as potent.
Superman has freeze breath to slow Orion or halt him for a moment.
Superman is stronger and more durable.

Delta1938
Originally posted by h1a8
How so? Superman is far faster.
Superman can become intangible or simply avoid the blast
Superman has hv himself which is just as potent.
Superman has freeze breath to slow Orion or halt him for a moment.

Freeze breath one-shot Bizarro, who is at least on par with if not stronger than Orion, and restrained Brainiac, who was even stronger than Superman(so definitely stronger than Orion). It could one-shot Orion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.