The Last of Us

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
http://www.analoghype.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/the-last-of-us-wallpaper.jpg

The Last of Us is a new PS3 exclusive from Naughty Dog, the development house behind the Uncharted games. We got two viral videos earlier this week, the one with the riot footage and voice over, and the cordyceps ant footage, then last night the first teaser trailer at the VGA. I was pretty surprised to find it was a -presumably - survival horror game being developed from Naughty Dog! They are a small studio, I didn't think they had enough people to split into two teams and develop two different games concurrently. Pleasant surprise though. No real indication on how it will play in the trailer, but I'm assuming it will be a third person game that plays similar to Uncharted. I'm pretty pumped, there has been a lack of survival horror games this gen, and other than Deadspace 1 and 2 they have been pretty terrible. Naughty Dog is a studio of the highest pedigree so I am expecting big things from this game. They announced Uncharted 3 at last years VGAs and we got a November release, hopefully we are looking at a similar launch window because I don't want to wait too long to learn more about the game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1214496p1.html

csubsCk86sw

LB8LGl2s2b0

rWzcYbtZQrk

FistOfThe North
well thank goodness it didn't turn out to be half life 3 sony exclusive it was rumoured to be.

'whew'

it's dead island meets i am legend.

BackFire
I thought it looked like a rip off-combination of 28 Days Later and The Road.

Anyways, the original trailer didn't impress me. Showing random 9/11 footage is just a lazy way of getting attention these days.

The trailer that premiered last night looks interesting enough.

srankmissingnin
I was thinking it looks like The Road mixed I am Legend. lol

RE: Blaxican
I can definitely see the 28 Days Later inspiration there. From the type of zombies to the camera work.

Kazenji
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Wow.....

you've got bad taste.

Zack Fair
Meh.

Zombies.

General G
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow.....

you've got bad taste.

This. Loved them both.

Kazenji
And a lack of survival horror.....lol

theres been plenty its just been fused with Action.

S_D_J
Can anyone confirm please:

Is that Ellen Page?, as soon as I saw her I thought: is that Juno? the voice seems similar, but I can't find confirmation

anyways:

F*** yeah! I immediately thought of I Am Legend (no Dead Island or 28 days Later, cuz there are no proper zombies, just infected people)
another comparison: Enslaved+Resident Evil

Coming from Naughty Dog this got GOTY candidate all over it... though I guess we should wait for gameplay

ares834
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Meh.

Zombies.

My thoughts exactly...

General G
L4D was 360 only, if I recall, right? Could this be a similar game for the PS3, perhaps? The video kind of makes me wish I had a PS3, but if it is like L4D, I won't have a problem passing it up.

Zack Fair
I don't know how the video is making everyone wish they had a PS3.

ares834
L4D was also for PC.

Don't know either from the very liitle we see it looks like another generic zombie game to me.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow.....

you've got bad taste.

So you are aware that what I said was: "and other than Deadspace 1 and 2 they have been pretty terrible" Meaning Deadspace 1 and 2 are the exception. Meaning the Deadspace games are good. Reading comprehension.

General G

So far, I'm the only one who has said such a thing lol It's wrong of me, I know, but I get really excited over little cinematic trailers like that, even if they show sh!t all when it comes to gameplay.

But like I said, if it is like L4D I won't even look at it anymore. Don't get me wrong, though, I may really like trailers like that, but they are obviously not enough to get me to get the game, let alone an entirely new system.

Kazenji
So you are aware that what I said was: "and other than Deadspace 1 and 2 they have been pretty terrible" Meaning Deadspace 1 and 2 are the exception. Meaning the Deadspace games are good. Reading comprehension.

Righto then.....go eat your cake.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by General G
So far, I'm the only one who has said such a thing lol It's wrong of me, I know, but I get really excited over little cinematic trailers like that, even if they show sh!t all when it comes to gameplay.

But like I said, if it is like L4D I won't even look at it anymore. Don't get me wrong, though, I may really like trailers like that, but they are obviously not enough to get me to get the game, let alone an entirely new system.

I didn't say it because of you. Its just people's reaction to the game. The most liked comment on the youtube is how someone wished he had a PS3 instead of an xbox 360 because of the game and I saw a couple of threads about the same topic on GameFAQS

srankmissingnin
The only good Survival Horror games this gen are Alan Wake and the Deadspace games. Other than that there has been a bad Silent Hill game, and terrible Alone in the Dark game, Condemned 1 and 2 which were mediocre and a psn Siren game that was alright. Resident Evil 5 isn't a survival horror game, there is no horror in it what so ever, it's just a generic 3rd person shooter.

General G

http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/punch.gif

My bad.

General G
I didn't say it because of you. Its just people's reaction to the game. The most liked comment on the youtube is how someone wished he had a PS3 instead of an xbox 360 because of the game and I saw a couple of threads about the same topic on GameFAQS

Ah I thought you were just referring to this topic on this forum. I watched the trailer a few times, but only looked at the comments the first time. Didn't realise there were so many rich people out there who could afford a new system for a single game lol

Barker
I never played any of the 9000 Zombie games that came out this past year, so I get to play I am Legend: The Game and not be jaded.

Do I win?

srankmissingnin
It's only spiritually a zombie game, the monsters aren't actually zombies.

Apparently the lead designer for the Last of Us was the lead on Enslaved Journey to the West (great underrated game with truly beautiful graphics), and the game has been in dev for two years now.

Smasandian
It will probably have the same feel as The Walking Dead with a spaghetti western feel to it.

It won't be a Left 4 Dead type game.

socool8520

I would agree that this game would not be the reason to get a PS3 over a 360. I have both, but I prefer the PS3 because of the features and free online service. Oh yeah, and the games.

AsbestosFlaygon
I think the gameplay will be similar to Uncharted or Infamous, rather than a pure shooter game.

Sort of like a sandbox free-roaming kind of game.

Brako Cott
The only good Survival Horror games this gen are Alan Wake and the Deadspace games. Other than that there has been a bad Silent Hill game, and terrible Alone in the Dark game, Condemned 1 and 2 which were mediocre and a psn Siren game that was alright. Resident Evil 5 isn't a survival horror game, there is no horror in it what so ever, it's just a generic 3rd person shooter.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is happy to make your acquantance and wishes you a speedy recovery from your humiliating defeat in the ufc/pride thread.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Brako Cott
Amnesia: The Dark Descent is happy to make your acquantance and wishes you a speedy recovery from your humiliating defeat in the ufc/pride thread.

Damn it, you beat me to it, whoever you are.

EDIT: There were also the Penumbra games...

Just call him Nebaris.

Nephthys
James Nebaris.

smiley_abxy

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Brako Cott

I didn't like Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I remember hearing all this stuff about how it's the scariest game ever, and seeing Youtube videos of people freaking out and losing their shit while playing it... and then I played it. Maybe I'm a victim overwhelmingly high expectations, but I didn't really enjoy the game in the end, and I didn't find it scary.

Anyway, new last of us trailer:

MGtfH8Uu1BU

Apparently they have changed Eli's character model to make her look younger, but she looks pretty much the same to me.

ares834
Gameplay

NjHlR16THj8

Looks great.

srankmissingnin
Mind blowing. Literally.

So far its The Last of Us vs Watch Dogs for Game of Show.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ares834
Gameplay

NjHlR16THj8

Looks great.

Not bad. May end up getting it.

Darth Ray Park
Looks ok. problem I have with these kind f games is i find it hard to concentrante to the dialogue while i am playing game so i fell like i am missing out. Whereas with cutscenes i play the game during gameplay, sit back and watch the story through cutscenes.

Uncharted games wrre kind of overrated imo as well. Story was really lame and predictable and gameplay got kind of repetitive imo. Voice acting is nowhere near as good people make it out to be too.

Barker
Love it love it love it.

BackFire
Pretty impressive.

Looks good. I don't see how this is "mind-blowing" though, besides the character animations (which look fantastic).

The gameplay looks overly scripted. I'm skeptical of how well that's going to work out throughout the duration of the actual game.

The new Tomb Raider impresses me more, tbh.

Smasandian
It does look good, and it will probably be a great cinematic experience throughout the whole game.

But I do agree. It does look overly scripted but that isn't a bad thing sometimes.

KingD19
In E3 they said all of that's Dynamic. Like when you slammed him into the wall, it could have gone much differently if you'd hit him from a different angle. Or not happened at all if you hadn't run out of ammo.

That of course remains to be seen, but Naughty Dog hasn't steered me wrong since Jak & Daxter.

S_D_J
Wow, nobody has posted here since a year ago... blink

Well I've got my copy now, got a phone call from my local store and just got back with the disc. phuckers got it since yesterday, but just today started giving out the copies.

It's been getting rave reviews, Contender for Game of the Year already.

I haven't finished Infinite yet, I'm in the Hand of the Prophet chapter, so I'm confident I'm done with it today and tomorrow I'll start with this.

Infinite is quite good, but TLOU just looks fantastic all around.

Now just wait for GTAV in September

Smasandian
Crazy first 15 minutes.

And I just love how you can, "reload encounter" and it's almost instantly. Handy if you misheard conversations.

ares834
Just beat it. Phenomenal game. It leaves the Uncharted series in the dust.

BackFire
A few hours into it. The first 20 or so minutes are incredible. Right up there with Half Life and Bioshock as the best intro sequences in gaming.

S_D_J
I'm taking my sweet time with this.

I'm at Chapter 5 - Pittsburgh (I play a chapter a day) and usually take long enough to soak in the scenery and loot everything insight (collectibles and whatever)

Wonderful game. At first I reloaded checkpoints to do things differently, but I think it's best to get beat up and then look for supplies afterwards to heal yourself and load up on ammo. It adds to the tension and keep the immersion, besides the game flows naturally anyway you do it letting you deal with your decisions and how they can bite your ass back later on.

A few nitpicks:
- How come you can't stock up on food you come across? your backpack holds a rifle, shotgun and a bow, but can't pack up a few cans or candy bars?
- Human enemies have guns, you killed them and they don't drop ammo? The game is about surviving with what you can find, but the guns at least should have a couple of rounds left. this could be consider moot later on since you end up stocking on more ammo than you can carry for handguns, but at first is totally jarring.
- Ally AI. Bill's heavy boots tromping the floor in front of clickers, or just casually running in front of them to get to cover, when you're still crouching slowly to hide from them. It's nitpicky since they can very well help you out while in combat, but still breaks immersion somewhat.

Can't wait to finish it and jump into multiplayer

Zack Fair
Wish my Ps3 didn't die.

S_D_J
This is priceless

http://imgur.com/a/6TYLG

BackFire
This honestly might be the darkest game I've ever played, both tonally and thematically.

ares834
My god. I'm just so in love with this game. Never before have I been so emotionally vested in a video game.

Furthermore, I manged to complete my Survivor+ play through last night. Hardly ever do I play a single player game twice and I certainly do not beat one twice in a single week like I did TLoU. And funnily enough, I still want to play it again.

All in all, this defiantly seems to be the PS3's swan song. And it is beautiful, a perfect way to end the console.

BackFire
I just completed it. This game is an extraordinary achievement. Beautifully developed characters; a haunting, tense atmosphere; a wonderfully crafted and layered story that is relentlessly dark but never to the point that it wallows in its own bleakness and a stunning ending.

Also of course very solid gameplay and outstanding level design along with gorgeous graphics.

I feel like this is a fitting swan song to an entire generation. A generation where we saw games really "grow up". With games like Bioshock, The Walking Dead, Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, Spec Ops: The Line and others we have seen video games come of age in a way I didn't think we'd see for a long time. By really showing the potential the medium has to offer in regards to story telling and the power that video game stories can hold because of the interactive nature of the medium.

A wonderful game and a brilliant final hurrah for what has been arguably the best generation of games thus far.

S_D_J
Don't count out GTAV just yet...

though The Last of Us is just amazing in every regard. I love Infinite, but there's something about TLOU that's just... sublime.

There's also Beyond, but that depends on how much you like David Cage and "emotions", though the latest E3 trailer looked sweet, just that don't know for sure how it plays.

Smasandian
I loved the game. Fantastic. I can't wait for another Naughty Dog game on the PS4.

But I still think I like Uncharted 2 better. I will have to play The Last of US again in a few years to see if the it still has the same impact.

One thing I will say that is the game does break the immersion quite a bit. For instance, any time your in a room with clickers, the NPC are flying around top speed right past them. It's the same with human enemies. Your sneaking around and then your friend runs right by them.... it was just a strange sight. There is a few other things that felt gamey as well. It kind of doesn't gel with tone of the game. Also, the game gets much better once you leave Pittsburgh. While I was in Pittsburgh, I was getting kind of bored with the constant open areas where you stalk your enemies.

But it does a lot of things really, really well. The story is awesome. Characters are really well developed and the intro sequence sets the tone for the rest of the game. I like how sneaking in the game is a fight for survival. I like how the boss fights are unique. I like how fast to reset the game is so failure isn't annoying.

Overall fantastic game. I'm really happy I played it. It does a lot of things really, really well but it could of been better if the game didn't break the immersion for me. There is a room for improvement and I'm hoping the next game turns into Uncharted 2ish. (I mean a sequel that improves the first game)

BackFire
It was unfortunate that the companion AI was so bad at times, that was really the only problem I had with the game.

You mentioning how quick the game is to restart when you die made me think of another really great but subtle thing with the game, and that is it has an excellent checkpoint system. Bad checkpoints can really ruin an otherwise great game - one of my pet peeves is dying and then discovering that the last checkpoint was several minutes before I died and I have to redo all the content that I already bested up to the point where I died, but with Last of Us you pretty much just have to redo the section where you died and nothing before it. It was a great way to do things.

Personally, I hope there isn't a sequel. I think the game stands beautifully on its own and am afraid that turning it into a trilogy or something would hinder the ending of this one and make it much less powerful.

KingD19
Naughty Dog seemed to learn how to make checkpoints better. In the Jak and Daxter trilogy they were awful. You'd get to the very end of a mission, die, and then sometimes you'd have to start the entire thing over.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
It was unfortunate that the companion AI was so bad at times, that was really the only problem I had with the game.

You mentioning how quick the game is to restart when you die made me think of another really great but subtle thing with the game, and that is it has an excellent checkpoint system. Bad checkpoints can really ruin an otherwise great game - one of my pet peeves is dying and then discovering that the last checkpoint was several minutes before I died and I have to redo all the content that I already bested up to the point where I died, but with Last of Us you pretty much just have to redo the section where you died and nothing before it. It was a great way to do things.

Personally, I hope there isn't a sequel. I think the game stands beautifully on its own and am afraid that turning it into a trilogy or something would hinder the ending of this one and make it much less powerful.

Yeah, that's the only thing that was wrong with game but it was important as well. The reason the Half Life 2 and beyond was so good was because Alyx as a companion worked really, really well. In Last of Us, your companions hinder it because a. your suppose to be sneaking and they are running and yelling b. they got in your way. There was a few times where I was patiently waiting for a guy to pass and I couldn't really move well because companion took my cover away. For such a thoughtful game, I'm surprised they AI was bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that there was companions because it made for a much more interesting game. The conversations between the two characters was interesting and heartfelt.

One thing I thought they did a good job was the pacing. For instance, when you get to Pittsburgh, you only faced infected and just before it got a bit stale, humans entered the picture. Then in Pittsburgh, once the whole "open area with a bunch of guys and you casually picked individuals off" got stale, they added a chase sequence, and then the wilderness with infected. Once that got stale, they added the sniper bit. Basically, whenever something overstayed its welcome, they changed it up with environments or some small game play bit.

I still think I like Uncharted 2 better just because when I played that, I couldn't put it down and the time was lost on me. With Last of Us, it wasn't as prevalent.

As for a sequel, I assume they're will be one. I don't think it will be a "trilogy" thingy but more like a new story set in the same universe with new characters. I think.

Impediment
The 15 minute opening sequence left me speechless and teary eyed, since I'm a father. However, I'm not saying non-parents won't be affected by the emotion of the scene.

I'm an hour and a half into the game and I am loving every minute of it. This is definitely a sneak-up-and-sucker-punch of a game because I didn't see this coming at all!

Smasandian
I was the same way as a father as well. And a daughter too boot!

Impediment
I just finished the hotel level and the scene where Joel gives Ellie the rifle as he stealthily picks off the bandits.

I f*cking love the dialogue in this game. Ellie and Bill talking shit to each other had me rolling.

This game is too good.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

NemeBro
Should be getting this within the next three days.

wakkawakkawakka
Probably the first game since Bioshock Infinite that I'm actually tempted to buy a full price. I rented it first a quickly grew to like both Joel and Ellie....but mostly Ellie. Also the mechanics took a bit for me to get used to and I really didn't care for the companion AI but the story and character development along with the interesting take on the "survival horror" theme was made up for that in spades.

But I do find it a tad funny howAll the black characters die. Also Nolan North was in this game and I didn't find that out until the end credits

Barker
I watched my friend play up until when they find out Ellie is infected

It looks incredible and I'm pretty sad I sold my PS3 now.

Zack Fair
I am jelly of Sonybots.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Impediment
I just finished the hotel level and the scene where Joel gives Ellie the rifle as he stealthily picks off the bandits.

I f*cking love the dialogue in this game. Ellie and Bill talking shit to each other had me rolling.

This game is too good.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

You're in for a treat, this game never lets up. And the gmaeplay mix is awesome

I'm currently at the hunt chapter. Love the way you have to hunt your game, following its tracks and be careful not to step on twigs and stuff.

Has anyone here read the comic? It's actually quite good. A few thing Ellie tells Joel about her life in the QZ are told here

FistOfThe North

Nephthys
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-NCzgQDx/0/950x10000/i-NCzgQDx-950x10000.jpg

So I take it that this game is quite emotional. no expression

Pity I no longer possess a PS3. I'll need to remember this for laters.

Smasandian
Yeah, especially if you have a daughter.

Impediment
I, too, have a daughter and this game had me wiping at misty eyes after the opening sequence.

I wanted to play some more of this yesterday on my day off, but my daughter insisted on playing Little Big Planet 2 and Skylanders, instead.

I'll play more as soon as I can. Man, I can't wait to see what happens next.

wakkawakkawakka
I just finished a New Game +(on normal no expression) and I have to ask So did Marlene just say **** it to Joel's weapon deal or what. I mean that's what he and Tess were originally escorting Ellie for right? Kind of harsh that Marlene would just rip off Joel like that

ares834
lol

Arachnid1
I just beat the game. That ending was something else. Understandable, but man. I couldn't decide whether I liked Joel or Ellie more. Amazing characters.

NemeBro
So when is the game supposed to "wow" me? I don't understand the shameless rimming people are giving the game yet, though admittedly I am not very far.

Smasandian
I think the hype is slighty overblown. Looking back after a few weeks of finishing the game, I still remember some of issues with it.

But the game isn't really supposed to wow, it's a long, difficult journey with very good characters, atmosphere and dread.

Impediment
Originally posted by NemeBro
So when is the game supposed to "wow" me? I don't understand the shameless rimming people are giving the game yet, though admittedly I am not very far.

It's nowhere near the level of action or intensity of the Uncharted series, rather it's an emotional roller coaster with very detailed characters that are given a lot of depth and development. The Last of Us isn't supposed to thrill you in the general sense; it's supposed to pull at your emotions like nothing else has in a video game.

The only other games that have made me shed genuine tears like this game did are The Darkness and The Walking Dead.

NemeBro
I don't give a **** about the Uncharted series. Even bringing that up to me would be a death sentence were you in my state.

Impediment
To be honest, I've never played the Uncharted series. I remember playing the demo for the first game before it released, and that's all.

Wait, now that I think about it I did play the demo for the second game, too.

They just didn't do anything for me. Maybe I should give them another chance. I dunno.

Smasandian
I really enjoyed the Uncharted series, especially the second game.

The subject matter is different, it plays different but it still feels like an Naughty Dog game. The difference is the set pieces are not so over the top but are still there.

The sniper scene is a prime example of a Naughty Dog game.

BackFire
The biggest tell that it's a ND game is in animations. They do some of the best animations of any developer.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BackFire
The biggest tell that it's a ND game is in animations. They do some of the best animations of any developer.

That is completely true.

Also, how the structure their levels and story. There is cutscene, and most likely you and your buddies walking around a tightly controlled area with the some banter dialogue until either enemies show up or some sort of scripted event/puzzle that you have to accomplished.

Kazenji
I read that the ending got changed because of the comic

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/19/how-the-last-of-us-comic-changed-the-game-39-s-ending.aspx

Morridini
Just finished the game. I really enjoyed it.

Like Uncharted 2 I found it pretty slow to get into at the beginning, but once I got the feel for the controls and the setting and the story got going I got really immersed.

And I absolutely loved the ending.

Rage.Of.Olympus
An amazing game. Seriously, that ending man. My emotions are so conflicted. I cried, I laughed, I raped people with my arrows.

Did anyone else notice how all the black people died? Made me lol.

Morridini
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Did anyone else notice how all the black people died? Made me lol.

Well that's just a natural side effect of everyone dying...

Morridini
Ok this is driving me crazy and according to Google no one in the entire world have ever asked this question: How do I stop opening the safe?

Impediment
What's happening? Is it stuck in a loop?

Morridini
I mean during multiplayer and the Interrogation mode. When I am opening the enemy's lockbox/safe, I sometime need to stop in order to defend myself. But I never manage to stop the "open safe" animation.

Impediment
I've had that happen, too.

I don't know how to quickly stop to defend.

Impediment
The Left Behind DLC was amazing. I was hoping it would be longer, though.

9 out of 10, easy.

Impediment
The Last of Us is being ported to PS4!!

Kazenji
I've still yet to get the game myself.

Nemesis X
The Last of Us is being ported to PS4!!

But not ported in a way that upgrades the game's PS3 disc to be playable on the PS4 console however and will be rereleased as the Remastered Edition instead so if you got The Last of Us already, there's no reason getting it again now is there?

At least now those who jumped off Microsoft's bandwagon to play the PS4 instead of the XB1 will know what they've been missing out on while acting hypocritically bias towards PS last gen.

Impediment
The PS4 version will have true 1080p graphics. That's all I care about.

Smasandian
Ten bucks you won't notice a difference.

It's still the same graphics just in 1080p. Not worth 60 bucks.

dadudemon
The PS4 version will have true 1080p graphics. That's all I care about.

This is important for geeks and techies. sad

I am both. I need this kind of stuff.

BackFire
You can already see the graphical improvements in the trailer. I think 1080p will make a noticeable difference, as will the improved lighting and what not. I'm buying the shit out of this.

Also it will be nice to play it with the PS4 controller, instead of the POS PS3 one.

Zack Fair
Downloading the remastered version awesome

NemeBro
Why is anyone buying the remastered version of this game that is barely over a year old?

Zack Fair
I dont own a PS3 and always wanted to own it. Remastered was basically a god send. I know the issues some might have. Still an amazing game though.

NemeBro
I dont own a PS3 and always wanted to own it. Remastered was basically a god send. I know the issues some might have. Still an amazing game though. Okay, can I assume that you never played the original then?

If so, this question wasn't really for you, sorry for not being more clear.

Zack Fair
Got around to mid-game but then I had to give the game back and finish watching it via youtube playthroughs.

Smasandian
I absolutely loved this game. My favourite from last year. I'm a big fan of Naughty Dog games and one of the reasons why I want to get a PS4.

However, I showed my friend one of the sections in the game (the museum area with tickers) and I was just playing around and I totally ruined the vibe of it. When I originally played the game, I carefully snuck my way through. On the second time, I just blasted my way through to show the game mechanics and I beat the area by spamming the shiv button.....it was a weird feeling that I spent half an hour going through the section when I could just do that.

In the end, I can see why people did not like it.

NemeBro
It's not a bad game.

I just can't fathom why people are so casually giving away their money to play an "HD remake" for a game that is barely over a year old.

Nemesis X
Last of Us is good but it would've been even better if the enemy AI was as intelligent as what Naughty Dog showed off at that one E3.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's not a bad game.

I just can't fathom why people are so casually giving away their money to play an "HD remake" for a game that is barely over a year old. Agreed. Funny things many of the Sonybots that defend this remaster go on and make fun/troll The Master Chief collection. Console Wars at their finest lol.Originally posted by Nemesis X
Last of Us is good but it would've been even better if the enemy AI was as intelligent as what Naughty Dog showed off at that one E3. Yeah. Both the Enemy AI and the sidekick AIs can ruin the atmosphere. Granted Ellie is awesome. But it ruins the atmosphere when the sidekicks walk up to and even bump enemy AI and the enemy doesn't do shit lol. I do understand it would have made the game terribly difficult if it wasn't like that. Looks like Naughty Dog tried to balance the AI, was too much and said "Fuq It"

NemeBro
I mean, if you're like Zack above me and don't own the original then sure. Shell out some extra dollars for a slightly better-looking game if you want.

But if you already spent full-price on the game and its DLC when it came out? You're just taking the corporate dick, and I can't fathom why you'd do so.

An HD remake after only a year? Lol. That's ridiculous.

Smasandian
I agree. It's 60 bucks...that's ridiculous, even with the DLC (which I heard is excellent).

For instance, Sony released the God Of War Saga collection. It had all three games (not sure if the first two were remastered) plus the 2 PSP games as well. I also think it was cheaper than full price.

No comparison to Master Chief Collection which will include all four main games, two have been completely overhauled, all the modes/maps from every game, and access to a beta and to the TV series. It's being released for 70$ (next-gen pricing).

And I also agree about the AI. It kind of takes you away from the atmosphere when your sidekick is constantly running around and in between tickers and nothing is happening. I agree that it would suck if an AI characters screws everything so I understand why they did it but it seems Enslaved did a much better job in providing an AI character that always sticks by you.

Bentley
Agreed. Funny things many of the Sonybots that defend this remaster go on and make fun/troll The Master Chief collection. Console Wars at their finest lol.

More like la Guerre des boutons.

-Pr-
Agreed. Funny things many of the Sonybots that defend this remaster go on and make fun/troll The Master Chief collection. Console Wars at their finest lol. Yeah. Both the Enemy AI and the sidekick AIs can ruin the atmosphere. Granted Ellie is awesome. But it ruins the atmosphere when the sidekicks walk up to and even bump enemy AI and the enemy doesn't do shit lol. I do understand it would have made the game terribly difficult if it wasn't like that. Looks like Naughty Dog tried to balance the AI, was too much and said "Fuq It"

I thought they were originally going to make the AI like that, but it made the game too hard?

Zack Fair
Finally beat it. This game's campaign is absolutely amazing. It deserves all the praise it gets. I just can't even begin to describe it. Funny how a second playthrough can still be so powerful. I'm going to try the Left Behind DLC and then tackle both campaigns on grounded difficulty. Things will be rough lol.

Zack Fair
Grounded was indeed devastating and energy draining, but pulled it off. I'm kind of ...addicted to this FKN campaign, and I love it. I just keep looking for excuses to keep replaying it. That doesn't happen much nowadays.

Nemesis X
fCV1DN6eBkI

Zack Fair
thumb up

I'm in the same boat as Joe.

Impediment
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps3-the-last-of-us-game-of-the-year-edition-confir/1100-6423129/

Estacado
Beat this not long ago.
Started a new game plus but before that I loaded up another chapter.
As a result I lost my weapon upgrades in the new game.

Read that it's a glitch and happened to others as well.

So this will make me have to play for a 3rd time if I wanna get the weapon trophy and the skill trophy.ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.