Morrison's JLA Vs Johns JSA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
using them at their most powerful. Morrisons extended lineup vs Johns. Who wins?

Juntai
you'd have to give a rundown of the versions you wanted specificially, because at various points both of these teams were absolutely massive in numbers.

Prep-Man
ok.

jsa
Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Captain Marvel
Dr. Fate
Power Girl
Black Adam
Jakeem Thunder
Atom Smasher
Stargirl
Hawkman
Sand
Hourman (android)
Dr Mid-nite
Mr. terrific
Wildcat

vs

Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Wally West
Batman
Aquaman
Kyle Rayner
Orion
Barda
Plastic Man
Aztek
Huntress
Zauriel
etc...

psycho gundam
^
iirc

steel
green arrow
metamorpho
booster gold
blue beetle

Uriel005
... what the hell is team 2 going to do to hourman w/ worlogog.... or Dr. Fate whom at peak as a Lord of Order is a cosmic entity/borderline cosmic entity. Jakeem Thunder wishes them out of existence. Alan Scott full on sentinal mode w/ starheart... come on. That's them at their most powerful and that's all that they'll need. Unless of course you want to give supes the sword of superman/cosmic armor.

abhilegend
JSA stomps.

Juntai
Morrison Batman wins.

Juntai
And Android Hourman was on Morrison's JLA. He invented the guy. And he was more powerful at that time. JSA got the watered down version. :/

Q99
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^
iirc

steel
green arrow
metamorpho
booster gold
blue beetle

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle and Metamorpho were never Morrison League.

Steel and GA (Conner) were.

I assume he was just talking most powerful *lineups* rather than strongest version of everyone on each lineup.

Hourman didn't have the full worlogog while on the team, Hector, while strong, never got up to Kent Nelson/cosmic entity level. Jakeem doesn't really do that. Starheart Alan came later. Likewise Ion Kyle Rayner was a bit after Morrison as well.

Juntai
Originally posted by Q99

I assume he was just talking most powerful *lineups* rather than strongest version of everyone on each lineup.

Hourman didn't have the full worlogog while on the team, Hector, while strong, never got up to Kent Nelson/cosmic entity level. Jakeem doesn't really do that. Starheart Alan came later. Likewise Ion Kyle Rayner was a bit after Morrison as well. Starheart Alan was in Johns run.

Q99
Originally posted by Juntai
Starheart Alan was in Johns run.

Yes, but not at the same time as the listed lineup with Captain Marvel and Black Adam.

Prep-Man
Who wins, Q?

Q99
I would say JLA. More numbers and slightly more heralds. Though not a stomp, because the JSA does have potential game changers like Jakeem.

DarkSaint85
Problem with people like Jakeem is, is that people like the Flash easily counter him. Cheap? Yes. But under Morrison was the Flash with the IMPs and the 'scanning the entire crowd AFTER a laser was fired' feats...

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Problem with people like Jakeem is, is that people like the Flash easily counter him. Cheap? Yes. But under Morrison was the Flash with the IMPs and the 'scanning the entire crowd AFTER a laser was fired' feats...

Jay can provide at least a little protection for Jakeem. He can likely get off a wish or two, but he's likely to do so in his normal fashion and not an instant game winner.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Q99
Jay can provide at least a little protection for Jakeem. He can likely get off a wish or two, but he's likely to do so in his normal fashion and not an instant game winner.

True.

How effective is the Thunderbolt with auto shields?

Q99
He can make pretty good shields, but he's gotta wish for them.

Deadline
Quite sure JSA win and possibly a stomp. Especially when people like Dr Fate get going.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Q99
Jay can provide at least a little protection for Jakeem. He can likely get off a wish or two, but he's likely to do so in his normal fashion and not an instant game winner. lol no. Jay barely breaks lightspeed.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Uriel005
lol no. Jay barely breaks lightspeed.

Lol my bad, I misread that! Wally would lap Barry several times lol. Still not sure what any of them could do against Morrison's Batman and Flash. Kyle was pretty uber too, but he was still a bit....green. Get it?

Existere
Plastic Man destroys them all. ermmnone

DarkSaint85
DEVILS OF DARKSEID! THE TERRAIN ITSELF IS "TECHNO-ACTIVE"!!!!

Love the quote marks....

Btw, what WERE Aztek's powers?? So much potential in JLA team...

Uriel005
Originally posted by Q99

Hourman didn't have the full worlogog while on the team, Hector, while strong, never got up to Kent Nelson/cosmic entity level. Jakeem doesn't really do that. Starheart Alan came later. Likewise Ion Kyle Rayner was a bit after Morrison as well. my bad. I thought he meant everyone on Morrison's team and Johns' team pulled from their most powerful points.

DarkSaint85
my bad. I thought he meant everyone on Morrison's team and Johns' team pulled from their most powerful points.

That would be bad for the JSA, as Justice League Alpha would then pop up...

And you'd have crazy stuff like everyone on Earth being a member of the JLA, together with the Angel Host of Heaven etc...

Uriel005
That would be bad for the JSA, as Justice League Alpha would then pop up...

And you'd have crazy stuff like everyone on Earth being a member of the JLA, together with the Angel Host of Heaven etc... lol but it doesn't change the fact that hourman would have worlogog and I generally don't give supes the sword of superman or cosmic armor as they really aren't in his standard powerset like the worlogog was in hourman's

Cogito
JLA might be able to contend by countering with speed, but JSA wins on average.

Deadline
lol no. Jay barely breaks lightspeed.

That might be the case but during one story Jay got an upgrade and was able to reach at least lightspeed. All he needs to do is hold off Flash for at least several seconds and JLA are toast.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Deadline
That might be the case but during one story Jay got an upgrade and was able to reach at least lightspeed. All he needs to do is hold off Flash for at least several seconds and JLA are toast.

Would we count temporary upgrades?

Also, would Superman be Superman Blue or classic Superman (with mullet)?

Q99
DEVILS OF DARKSEID! THE TERRAIN ITSELF IS "TECHNO-ACTIVE"!!!!

Love the quote marks....

Btw, what WERE Aztek's powers?? So much potential in JLA team...

Aztek himself is peak human to begin with, and on top of that he has an advanced power suit.

It grants him energy beams, strength in the class 10~ range or so, flight and speed up to 500mph (going by the wiki by the numbers, btw, so could be off), a variety of super-senses (many visual spectrums), density control, camouflage, and a couple other minor abilities.

Basically a jack-of-all trades powerset.

Nah, even given some time things won't make things a stomp for the JSA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.