Voldemort vs Saruman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zoom3
Both are at the peak of their power. Voldemort does NOT have the Elder Wand.(That would be cheating) wink They meet on a neutral ground.

Bigon
Voldemort would lose most decisively. Saruman was once very great.

sshukla05111
Saruman is great

Barker
no expression

Thoren
haermm

Katya
Voldemort: "Ava-"

Saruman: *Takes wand* "You have elected the way of pain!" *Locks him on top of Tower*

quanchi112
Is this movie versions ?

Vensai
Saruman takes it. He TKs Voldemort like a rag doll. I'm not even sure AK would work on him. It would be like a Fourthyear hogwarts student giving Moody a nosebleed.

Volse11
Depends on how a lot of different magic works on each other. I would have to say Voldemort is a much better villain, as all Saruman can do is be a slave of sauron. Also, neither could technically kill the other because of V's horcruxes and the fact that Maiar can't die.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by quanchi112
Is this movie versions ?

... he asks warily.

Supra
Originally posted by sshukla05111
Saruman is great

Saruman is not great

Vold wins.

StealthRanger
Saruman curbstomps Voldy-chan into the dust

Originally posted by Volse11
Depends on how a lot of different magic works on each other. I would have to say Voldemort is a much better villain, as all Saruman can do is be a slave of sauron. Also, neither could technically kill the other because of V's horcruxes and the fact that Maiar can't die.

Why do people even bring the Horcruxes up? They're not useful in combat. At all. He has no superhuman durability, he can't regenerate, he can't come back under his own power, he can't forcibly take over others like a parasite, he can't be brought back by stronger forces, he can't regenerate from alternate dimensions and he's so far from indestructible it's not even worth contemplating. There's no point bringing them up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
... he asks warily. I won't weigh in otherwise.

StealthRanger
Pretty sure we normally go with original canon unless stated otherwise so, yeah

Supra
Originally posted by Bigon
Voldemort would lose most decisively. Saruman was once very great.

Have you lost your mind?

StealthRanger
Nah, he's legit

Saruman casually exceeds Voldemort in most notable aspects

Supra
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Nah, he's legit

Saruman casually exceeds Voldemort in most notable aspects

Since when?

StealthRanger
Being more powerful than Gandalf, who was able to beat a Balrog who are at least town level+ in destructivce capacity and creating a storm over the Misty Mountains (it takes megatons to create storm clouds) and is powerful enough to mind**** armies with his voice or something along those lines

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18162

Unlike Voldemort, who comes from a verse where the best DC feats are in the building level range being generous

Voldemort is chanceless

Supra
Being more powerful than Gandalf, who was able to beat a Balrog who are at least town level+ in destructivce capacity and creating a storm over the Misty Mountains (it takes megatons to create storm clouds) and is powerful enough to mind**** armies with his voice or something along those lines

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18162

Unlike Voldemort, who comes from a verse where the best DC feats are in the building level range being generous

Voldemort is chanceless

Vold took out Hogwarts shield in a one shot.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Supra
Vold took out Hogwarts shield in a one shot.

Call me when that shield can tank kilotons

Since nothing in Harry Potter reaches city block level destruction

Oh and uh

Voldemort does NOT have the Elder Wand

Uh oh, where's your shield levelling feat now?

Supra
Call me when that shield can tank kilotons

Since nothing in Harry Potter reaches city block level destruction

Block Called and wrecked

URbvT_pkAjI

StealthRanger
lol seriously? That's not even city block, let alone even 1 kiloton

Fail. Saruman stomps

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
I won't weigh in otherwise.

Good to know the conditions of you chickening out.

Just kidding, a Wise man knows when to talk.

Supra
lol seriously? That's not even city block, let alone even 1 kiloton

Fail. Saruman stomps

Now your just making stuff up, show me any good Saruman feats.

StealthRanger
I gave you the damn calc that puts Balrogs at kiloton levels. Gandalf the Grey is on par with them and Saruman is more powerful than him. Gandalf also created a storm above Weathertop (idk if I said this already, but it requires megatons to create storm clouds)

Voldy-chan is simply outclassed

Supra
I gave you the damn calc that puts Balrogs at kiloton levels. Gandalf the Grey is on par with them and Saruman is more powerful than him. Gandalf also created a storm above Weathertop (idk if I said this already, but it requires megatons to create storm clouds)

Voldy-chan is simply outclassed

Cept Vold would completely destroy Gandalf.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Supra
Cept Vold would completely destroy Gandalf.

When Gandalf can slug it out with guys who can dish out kilotons casually and has other shit like mind**** and reality warping? And is vastly superior physically (in a verse where the strongest wizards would be peak human physically)

ahahahahaha, oh wow

Bentley
(in a verse where the strongest wizards would be peak human physically)

Are you talking about Harry Potter? Because I don't think any character would classify as peak human.

StealthRanger
Yes I am talking about the Harry Potter-verse

Supra
When Gandalf can slug it out with guys who can dish out kilotons casually and has other shit like mind**** and reality warping? And is vastly superior physically (in a verse where the strongest wizards would be peak human physically)

ahahahahaha, oh wow

Vold kills him with spells and laughs in his face.

StealthRanger
Care to back that up?

Since Gandalf outclasses Voldemort (and the rest of the HP-verse, frankly) in DC and physical power by a huge margain (his fight with a Balrog destroyed a mountainside :maybe)

Plus reality warping and telepathy and all that jazz

Gandalf stomps Voldemort too. HP is outclassed by LOTR with many high tier beings from LOTR who can solo HP. Been there, done that, many ****ing times

EDIT: Oh, talking to permed guy

What a waste of a response

Surtur
So what happens if the first spell Voldemort casts is a spell that turns Saruman into a teacup? He never did that specific spell, but we see the kids were learning transmutation in their 2nd year, are we prepared to say Voldemort is incapable of that? Saruman has no feats of resisting transmutation that I know of, and he doesn't have power on such a massive level that we can say he'd resist just on sheer power.

I also do not know why people are talking about the Elder Wand when it comes to Voldemort. You realize Voldemort did not do a single thing that was special with it? You understand he did nothing with the wand he couldn't of done with his normal wand? You understand the entire plot points in the final book regarding the mechanics of wand ownership?

Voldemort was never master of the Elder Wand, he even flat out says the wand was not working for him, not letting him do anything he couldn't already do. I guess what I'm saying is whether or not this is the version of Voldy with the Elder Wand is irrelevant. He'll still be capable of the exact same magic. We never even saw him as master of the wand, so we have no real clue as to what he could do with it anyways.

EmperorSidious2
Voldemort

AncientPower
Istari can't be changed in such a manner, they are Maia.

Secondly, Istari don't go all-out so as not to get addicted to power, Saruman however is more than capable of doing so. Saruman destroys him.

~Bun Bun~
I haven't read lotr but based on the movies voldy has a much more impressive show of magic. Voldy is creative in his attacks.

He does have the horcruxes which does play a role techincally uh because he won't actually be defeated so mute.

If your looking for a straight up street fight wrong charater to choose because your asking a fandom to ignore one of their charaters major charater points which makes him who he is and does help him in battle because he isn't scared of being defeated which makes him even more ruthless. He was only finally defeated when those were eliminated. So unless Saruman has mind reading abilities and can find voldys weakness then I have to say Voldy for the win.

And he didn't even bother to kill gandalf.. so sloppy! Voldy killed countless.

On the other hand If it were voldy v.s gandalf... gandalf would probably be smart enough to figure voldy out so I'll give that one to gandalf.

Genesis-Soldier
movie saurman eh
Book saurman would dominate utterly

Voldermort takes this fight but LoTR saurman as a maia and "first being" is way to powerful to be killed my voldy mouldy

~Bun Bun~
Haa just noticed the dude was perma banned teehee

I do mean to read lotr. I so lazy thou.. i should listen to the audiobook yes

Trocity
Voldemort does NOT have the Elder Wand

Uh oh, where's your shield levelling feat now?

Professor Severus Snape: You have preformed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord, in the last hours alone.

Lord Voldemort: No, I am extraordinary, but the wand... it resists me.

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Nice try.

Surtur
Originally posted by Vensai
Saruman takes it. He TKs Voldemort like a rag doll. I'm not even sure AK would work on him. It would be like a Fourthyear hogwarts student giving Moody a nosebleed.

But Moody said they'd give him a nosebleed because they wouldn't be truly meaning to kill him. Something tells me evil magic Hitler doesn't have that issue. If you want to say he could resist because of his semi divine nature that would be one argument, but he's not going to survive simply because Voldemort doesn't want him dead. This is a guy that kills babies. Or tries to kill babies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.