GI Joe: Retaliation trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
bSX2oxLdcWA

I'm more than a little buzzed right now (don't judge me I have nothing to do tomorrow), but is it just me or was that awesome! eek!

JakeTheBank
I hope rumors of Sgt. Slaughter cameoing are true.

Cobra Clutch ftw.

steverules_2
Hmmmm...I like that Bruce Willis is in this...other than that I thought the trailer was meh...after the dissapointment of the first film I doubt many can blame me but I'm not getting my hopes up high. Who knows, this may turn out to actually be a good movie...or more bad acting with explosions and CGI.

BruceSkywalker
trailer is interesting.. i hope snake eyes and storm shadow are in this for more than what the trailer showed

super pr*xy
just for the amount of ninjas in bad-ass suits, i'm seeing this..

Kazenji
Never seen the first movie but this looks alright.

-Pr-
Do i dare get excited for this? I think I just might.

RE: Blaxican
I wish they'd kept more of the characters from the first one, tbh.

roughrider
Just can't get over the feeling this is the sequel no one really asked for. Heck, they only got the July 1st slot because Paramount couldn't get the next Star Trek in production in time.

On the plus side, this has a more realistic look to it than the cartoony, comic booky look of the previous one.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by roughrider
Just can't get over the feeling this is the sequel no one really asked for. Heck, they only got the July 1st slot because Paramount couldn't get the next Star Trek in production in time.

On the plus side, this has a more realistic look to it than the cartoony, comic booky look of the previous one.

I want this sequel, the first movie rocked and this one looks good so far.
They have changed Snake Eyes look. No lips. (which didn't bother me in the first one) but this looks better. This one has a more realistic look? i thought as you said it looked cartoony and comic booky, which isn't a bad thing. the ninjas fighting on the ropes in the mountains, yeah that's realistic. but you know what i don't care! cause you are suppose to feel like a kid in the sand box when you watch these films. as long as the story is good and the action keeps coming and the movie is paced well, then it should be good. Unlike Transformers 3 and 2.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I wish they'd kept more of the characters from the first one, tbh.

I think they know there are so many characters that they all can't be in the film and they want to touch on other characters. this is fine as long as the main ones that I remember are in the films i will be happy. like snake eyes, stormshadow, duke, zartan, cobra commader and destro.

roughrider
Originally posted by darthmaul1
I want this sequel, the first movie rocked and this one looks good so far.
They have changed Snake Eyes look. No lips. (which didn't bother me in the first one) but this looks better. This one has a more realistic look? i thought as you said it looked cartoony and comic booky, which isn't a bad thing. the ninjas fighting on the ropes in the mountains, yeah that's realistic. but you know what i don't care! cause you are suppose to feel like a kid in the sand box when you watch these films. as long as the story is good and the action keeps coming and the movie is paced well, then it should be good. Unlike Transformers 3 and 2.

Heavy use of CG in the first one - the underwater base, the destruction of the Eiffel Tower, the accelerator suits etc. - versus what looks like more practical stunts in the second one. I remember being with someone in the theatre when the trailer for the first one followed the trailer for Transformers 2; they remarked "that trailer looks just like the last trailer we watched."

darthmaul1
Heavy use of CG in the first one - the underwater base, the destruction of the Eiffel Tower, the accelerator suits etc. - versus what looks like more practical stunts in the second one. I remember being with someone in the theatre when the trailer for the first one followed the trailer for Transformers 2; they remarked "that trailer looks just like the last trailer we watched."

They still used paractical effects in the first one. Do you expect them to actually make a underwater base and accelerator suits and destroy the actual eiffel tower? The only thing that will probably not be in this one is the accelerator suits. but i can say this for sure there will be CG elements as well, and just from the trailer even something like showing the cobra flags on the white house will be CG and the mountain side battle will have CG elements in it.

roughrider
I will be more definite: the second one has CG effects that look less obviously CG that the last one. How's that?

Scythe
cause you are suppose to feel like a kid in the sand box when you watch these films. as long as the story is good and the action keeps coming and the movie is paced well, then it should be good. Unlike Transformers 3 and 2.

Wierd! Haha, I feel the same way, but the opposite on those movies. TF 1 and 3 was great, and the first GI Joe, while I still enjoyed it and bought it, just wasn't what I had in mind for a Joe movie. I'm looking forward to this movie, but the first one was just not to my liking. As an action movie, it was good, as a Joe movie, it was meh. Unlike Transformers, I think a really good, serious film similar to Black Hawk Down or Hurt Locker can be achieved with Joe characters.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by Scythe
Wierd! Haha, I feel the same way, but the opposite on those movies. TF 1 and 3 was great, and the first GI Joe, while I still enjoyed it and bought it, just wasn't what I had in mind for a Joe movie. I'm looking forward to this movie, but the first one was just not to my liking. As an action movie, it was good, as a Joe movie, it was meh. Unlike Transformers, I think a really good, serious film similar to Black Hawk Down or Hurt Locker can be achieved with Joe characters.

Transformers 1 was great, 3 was terrible IMO story was crap and not consistent, way too long and just pointless sequences with flight suits and buildings collapsing.
I don't think you could put GI Joe into a completely serious film, it still has to be for kids too, and some things have to be over the top like snake eyes and storm shadow. basically it has to be like the old bond movies with cobra / specter trying to take over the world.
but to each his own.

Scythe
Transformers 1 was great, 3 was terrible IMO story was crap and not consistent, way too long and just pointless sequences with flight suits and buildings collapsing.
I don't think you could put GI Joe into a completely serious film, it still has to be for kids too, and some things have to be over the top like snake eyes and storm shadow. basically it has to be like the old bond movies with cobra / specter trying to take over the world.
but to each his own.

Yeah, the ninjas make it abit over the top, though after seeing how ninjas were done in Batman Begins, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

Prep-Man
Are you kidding? That was horrible.

darthmaul1
There is a rumor i have seen on the youtube post that people are saying that duke is dead part way through gi joe 2? any truth to that?

BruceSkywalker
There is a rumor i have seen on the youtube post that people are saying that duke is dead part way through gi joe 2? any truth to that?

won;t know until the film comes out.. if so then i hope he dies a klingon death

Don Corleone
I'm seeing this just for Storm Shadow.

jinXed by JaNx
first movie was garbage...,utter garbage but this looks aces

darthmaul1
First movie was great and this one looks great too!!

Prep-Man
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
first movie was garbage...,utter garbage but this looks aces

Agreed. The only thing entertaining about it was Snake Eyes and Stormshadow. Everybody else was horrible. Acting, directing, etc...

And I was hoping it was going to be good, cause I am a huge Gi Joe fan.

super pr*xy
scarlet and baroness were crazy hot in catsuits though..

darthmaul1
Originally posted by super pr*xy
scarlet and baroness were crazy hot in catsuits though..

THat is true!! i thought this movie was the best and most entertaing of 2009!

And at least it's been 3 years since the last one so hopfully it's good, NOT like TF 2 and 3 where they are both only 2 years apart and suck balls

darthmaul1
No one has mentioned about Snake Eyes new costume, with the lack of lips etc. i actually didn't mind the one in ROC but this one looks better.

Kazenji
Well he does'nt really have lips showing from what i've seen from the comics and cartoon.

Patient_Leech
This does look much better than the first one, but that's not necessarily saying much.

darthmaul1
the super bowl spot is out what do you think?
i think the visuals are good but the music choice for the trailer is terrible.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/gijoeretaliation/

darthmaul1
There is also a french trailer out which is similar to the first trailer but there is a couple of extra scenes and lines.

http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=gijoe2_intl_trlr_france

BruceSkywalker
There is also a french trailer out which is similar to the first trailer but there is a couple of extra scenes and lines.

http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=gijoe2_intl_trlr_france

i saw the french trailer the other day.. this film looks like they improved on a lot

Kazenji
G.I. Joe 2's International Trailer Basically Admits It's Just Revenge Of The Sith Again

http://www.screened.com/news/gi-joe...ith-again/3418/

roughrider
So, with little more than month to go, the studio has pulled the plug on it's release date and delayed this until March 2013! To use the time to convert it to 3D, they say. Riiight...

It's a piece of crap that was going to get destroyed by The Amazing Spider Man. That's the real story.

ctsketch
So, with little more than month to go, the studio has pulled the plug on it's release date and delayed this until March 2013! To use the time to convert it to 3D, they say. Riiight...

It's a piece of crap that was going to get destroyed by The Amazing Spider Man. That's the real story.

Convert?!?! Unless they shot it with multiple cams its gonna be sucky 3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.