Thanos with a Cosmic Cube vs Galactus with the Ultimate Nullifier...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos uses a Cosmic Cube (he uses the CCU that eventually became Kubik; this is the same CCU he used to imprison Chronos) to assume the physically most unharmable form he possibly can...

A well fed Galactus channels the his full power into making himself as impervious to injury as he possibly can...

At this point, using every ounce of will he possesses, Thanos orders the Cosmic Cube to utterly destroy Galactus...

At the exact same moment, Galactus furiously fires the Ultimate Nullifier at Thanos with the intention of utterly destroying him forever...

What is the result of this 'do-or-die' senario for both characters?

Cogito
Thanos and the cube get nullified.

rotiart
I honestly do not think a cube can erase Galactus.....
Whereas I am fairly sure the UN which has affected Eternity...
Would obliterate Thanos...

Sundipped
The UN erased Abraxas and reality. Big G is victorious.

TheLordofMurder
But according to Mephisto during the Infinity Crusade, CCU's are all-powerful and can do anything, but have self imposed limitations on the use of their power...

These limitations can be overcome if a CCU is commanded by a will more powerful than its own...

With that being the case, do you guys still think that Galactus wins and is not destroyed himself?

TheLordofMurder
Dont forget to vote btw!

smile

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
But according to Mephisto during the Infinity Crusade, CCU's are all-powerful and can do anything, but have self imposed limitations on the use of their power...

These limitations can be overcome if a CCU is commanded by a will more powerful than its own...

With that being the case, do you guys still think that Galactus wins and is not destroyed himself?

In Infinity War, Adam Magus--then in possession of 5 CCUs--was completely beside himself when he detected quasar about to fire the UN. He was rushing to the CCUs in an attempt to save himself but even then he was not entirely certain that he could avert the nullifier's blast.

And for various reasons, I'll go with Adam Magus>Thanos in terms of will to wield powerful artifacts.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
In Infinity War, Adam Magus--then in possession of 5 CCUs--was completely beside himself when he detected quasar about to fire the UN. He was rushing to the CCUs in an attempt to save himself but even then he was not entirely certain that he could avert the nullifier's blast.

And for various reasons, I'll go with Adam Magus>Thanos in terms of will to wield powerful artifacts.

Ah, but in that situation, The Magus wasnt worried at 1st; the CCU's were able to produce a field that would prevent the UN from firing...

Magus didnt panic until his tech was damaged during the fight with Doom and Kang and he no longer could access the power of the CCU's...

Thats what made him rush to the CCU's (remember, he didnt use them directly because of the deadly radiation they produced, but with the UN about to be fired, he couldnt worry about that)...

guy222
adam's other half, the goddess wielded power nearly ig lvl

zopzop
Going with Galactus and the UN.

Magnon
Thanos takes this. The UN likely has more raw power than CC, but CC is way more versatile. Magus easily disintegrated Galactus & a bunch of other powerful beings from several dimensions away by using a couple of cosmic cubes, and he also prevented the UN from working. Thanos should be able to do the same.

Bouboumaster
Didn't Kubick once said that a CCU was less powerful that Galactus? Let alone Galactus and the UN?

zopzop
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Didn't Kubick once said that a CCU was less powerful that Galactus? Let alone Galactus and the UN?

The fact that it took 5 CCUs to sucker punch Galactus and he was still able to reform himself, tells me Thanos with 1 Cube goes nowhere vs Galactus with the UN.

Mr Master
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

thumb up Very true.

Imo, a fully harnessed CCU, like this one with Thanos, is as good as it gets.

That said, .... hmm, this is a tough call.

Both Thanos and Galactus here
have power over the spacial/temporal Concepts that make up reality.

... I'm gonna have to go with stalemate.

If I personally had to have one of these powers,
I'd pick being able to fully control that Cosmic Cube.

the Darkone
Correct me if I m wrong, but isn't the Cosmic Cube more of universal weapon compare to the UN which can rewrite the multi-vesre!? UN is a notch or two below IG in power and versatility, I don't see Thanos overcoming the UN.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up Very true.

Imo, a fully harnessed CCU, like this one with Thanos, is as good as it gets.

That said, .... hmm, this is a tough call.

Both Thanos and Galactus here
have power over the spacial/temporal Concepts that make up reality.

... I'm gonna have to go with stalemate.

If I personally had to have one of these powers,
I'd pick being able to fully control that Cosmic Cube.

The master has spoken, I agree with this statement. If thanos is not using a Fp cube he will lose hard, but like you said, if Thanos harness the fp of ccu than it's a stalemate at best.

Magnon
Originally posted by zopzop
The fact that it took 5 CCUs to sucker punch Galactus and he was still able to reform himself, tells me Thanos with 1 Cube goes nowhere vs Galactus with the UN.

At that very same time, the Cubes were also being used to create a fabricated reality and merge it with the real one, keep Eternity in a catatonic state, and hide Magus from the Living Tribunal. Magus himself said that these acts required the majority of the cubes' power.

The small left-over fraction of the Cubes' power was more than enough to destroy Galactus and his ship from several dimensions away, with a casual press of a button. Even then, Magus had to tone it down since he only wanted to delay Galactus, not kill him permanently. And once he had done it, he was worried whether he had over-estimated Galactus' durability.

Mr Master
^^ thumb up

Originally posted by the Darkone

The master has spoken, I agree with this statement.
smile

Originally posted by the Darkone

If thanos is not using a Fp cube he will lose hard, but like you said, if Thanos harness the fp of ccu than it's a stalemate at best.
Yea, I honestly have no idea who would really win this, they're both monsters.

I've seen a single CCU be used
to give every hero & villain of an alternate universe their own reality.

CCUs have developed into their weaker selves (Cube-beings)
and even they have cosmic scale influence,
including affecting realities across all creation during a battle between two of them.
That's not a fluke either, during Kubik's very first appearance
when he looked like a ridiculous robot, he stated that if he and the S-Adaptoid, who had duplicated his power, battled,
then the result would collapse all the Multiverses.
I've also seen Kubik & even Kosmos easily freeze and unfreeze the Timestream.

That aside, Thanos easily usurped the center of all reality (Eternity) with his CCU,
and according to the writer of that story he in-affect became "God" ...

Funny, that's exactly what it was called in that other story I mentioned above ... "God in a box"

zopzop
Originally posted by Magnon
At that very same time, the Cubes were also being used to create a fabricated reality and merge it with the real one, keep Eternity in a catatonic state, and hide Magus from the Living Tribunal. Magus himself said that these acts required the majority of the cubes' power.

The small left-over fraction of the Cubes' power was more than enough to destroy Galactus and his ship from several dimensions away, with a casual press of a button. Even then, Magus had to tone it down since he only wanted to delay Galactus, not kill him permanently. And once he had done it, he was worried whether he had over-estimated Galactus' durability.

Yet during that same arc, Masterson Thor was witnessing the universal mergers and commented to the Watcher that he knew the Watcher had the power to throw a monkey wrench into this scheme, the Watcher said perhaps but it's his duty to stand there and merely watch.

The CCUs in that arc never impressed me. Unlike the IG affair, the only omnipotent involved in the whole mess was Galactus. The other members of the cosmic hierarchy didn't even care.

Magnon
Yet during that same arc, Masterson Thor was witnessing the universal mergers and commented to the Watcher that he knew the Watcher had the power to throw a monkey wrench into this scheme, the Watcher said perhaps but it's his duty to stand there and merely watch.

The CCUs in that arc never impressed me. Unlike the IG affair, the only omnipotent involved in the whole mess was Galactus. The other members of the cosmic hierarchy didn't even care.

Magus took care of the "big guns" like Eternity and Living Tribunal directly. The other cosmics / abstracts such as Galactus were just pawns to him (as stated by Magus himself). Galactus couldn't even have found Magus without joining forces with Dr. Strange, and even then it was only possible because Magus allowed it.

A Watcher's "perhaps" doesn't have much weight against all the on-panel showings of the CCs in that arc, against Galactus and others.

zopzop
Magus took care of the "big guns" like Eternity and Living Tribunal directly. The other cosmics / abstracts such as Galactus were just pawns to him (as stated by Magus himself). Galactus couldn't even have found Magus without joining forces with Dr. Strange, and even then it was only possible because Magus allowed it.

A Watcher's "perhaps" doesn't have much weight against all the on-panel showings of the CCs in that arc, against Galactus and others.

Eternity has been comatosed by Nightmare and put in a headlock and choked out by the Ancient One. So I'm still not impressed with the Magus and his 5 CCUs putting one M-body of Eternity into a coma.

Aside from Galactus, what other cosmic was involved in that arc? NONE. 5 CCUs sucker attacked Galactus and he was still able to reform himself. 1 Cosmic Cube isn't doing jack to him, especially if he's not starving or near death.

Magnon
As I already said, the power used against Galactus was only a tiny fraction of the power of the 5 CCUs, and that fraction had to be further toned down so as to NOT kill or permanently harm Galactus. All this was done with indirect control of the Cubes and from dimensions away. The full power of a single CC would annihilate Galactus without any trouble.

zopzop
The full power of a single CC would annihilate Galactus without any trouble.

BS and you know it, unless you can back it up with on panel evidence (and you can't).

Magnon
BS and you know it, unless you can back it up with on panel evidence (and you can't).

I have already given the reasons why I believe a CC >> Galactus in my previous posts. It was, IMO, very clearly established during the Infinity War arc. Five cubes were not *needed* to blast Galactus into pieces, the vast majority of their power was directed elsewhere. And the remaining power could *easily* achieve the feat. There is really no other conclusion to be drawn than CC >> Galactus. The CCs could also easily prevent UN from working.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

You know, Magnon has a point; character power levels fluxuate throughout time and in regards to who is writing a story...

Now that issue of the Fantastic Four when Kubik said he (and other Cube Beings) were far below Celestials, is significantly older than the Infinity War/Crusade arc...

Apparently the writer of the IW/Crusade feels that CCU's are significantly stronger than Galactus (hell, this writer feels that an unbound CCU is theoretically equal to the Infinity Gauntlet) as a small portion of their power was sufficient to blast away Galactus...and the Magus wasnt even attempting to destroy him...just delay him.

According to the more recent writing, an unbound CCU>>>>Galactus.

TheLordofMurder
As I already said, the power used against Galactus was only a tiny fraction of the power of the 5 CCUs, and that fraction had to be further toned down so as to NOT kill or permanently harm Galactus. All this was done with indirect control of the Cubes and from dimensions away.

This is 100% true....

thumb up

I dont think this match up is the slam dunk in the favor of Galactus that some of you think it is...

Thanos, with his powerful will, (in control of a CCU) is a very powerful, dangerous, opponent indeed...

IMHO, I could see them utterly destroying each other as pertains the conditions in the OP...

Mshinu
They wipe each other from existence. The UN is more powerful but Big G can`t withstand Thanos` attack either. Not with these conditions at least.

Mr Master

the power used against Galactus was NOT kill or permanently harm Galactus.

All this was done with indirect control of the Cubes and from dimensions away.

The full power of a single CC would annihilate Galactus without any trouble.
thumb up

Magus was manipulating the entire scenario including the gamma bomb prior to that incident,
it was all in the name of a his grand scheme which included everyone from hero to Cosmic.

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050527_CCU2.jpg

--------------------------------------------

Here's the On Panel proof Magus never intended to permanently kill Galactus,
in fact,
he only meant to slow Galactus down,
cause Galactus was reaching the Universe where the relay transmitters were ahead of Magus' schedule.

So from who knows how many Universes away where the actual CCUs were,
Magus with the click of a switch,
blows Galactus and his mighty ship to pieces which was 3 Universes away from the transmitters.

(Infinity War #3)

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050506_CCU4.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050507_CCU5.jpg

But ... as already posted by others, Magus never intended to stop Galactus completely,
only to stall him,
in fact, Magus was even a bit worried that Galactus may not be able to reform.

(Infinity War #4)

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050508_CCU6.jpg

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050509_CCU7.jpg

Some debates can't go any further, (this particular detail) is one of them.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up

Magus was manipulating the entire scenario including the gamma bomb prior to that incident,
it was all in the name of a his grand scheme which included everyone from hero to Cosmic.

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050527_CCU2.jpg

--------------------------------------------

Here's the On Panel proof Magus never intended to permanently kill Galactus,
in fact,
he only meant to slow Galactus down,
cause Galactus was reaching the Universe where the relay transmitters were ahead of Magus' schedule.

So from who knows how many Universes away where the actual CCUs were,
Magus with the click of a switch,
blows Galactus and his mighty ship to pieces which was 3 Universes away from the transmitters.

(Infinity War #3)

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050506_CCU4.jpghttp://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050507_CCU5.jpg

But ... as already posted by others, Magus never intended to stop Galactus completely,
only to stall him,
in fact, Magus was even a bit worried that Galactus may not be able to reform.

(Infinity War #4)

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050508_CCU6.jpg

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10050509_CCU7.jpg

Some debates can't go any further, (this particular detail) is one of them.

You're lucky I'm sufficiently unmotivated to go back and find my Infinity War stuff to continue this discussion. bored

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.