Question about credit card returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
I bought something online on my credit card and returned it, how will the store refund my money?

Thoren
On your card.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Thoren
On your card. But i already paid the bill to the bank

dadudemon
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
But i already paid the bill to the bank

Was it a credit card or a debit card?

Regardless, the money will stay on your credit card as a credit....if you zero'd out the balance on the card.

If you maintain that credit on the credit card for 2 months, your credit card company will zero out the credit card and issue you a check in the mail.

So pretend your credit card has a balance of $-37 (I assume that that was the cost of the extra large rubber penis your purchased?) after they refund you. That means you could spend $37 on your credit card and the balance would be $0. That also means if you don't spend it, the credit card company will eventually send you a check in the mail. That also means that you can call them and have them send you a check in the mail.

If your balance is not $0, then you'll just get a credit on your account. So pretend you owe $100 on your credit card BEFORE the refund of $37. After you get your refund, your balance will be $63.

Thoren
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
But i already paid the bill to the bank You aren't giving enough info.

And if you bought something online or in store with a credit card, your refund will always be given back to your credit card. It doesn't matter if you've paid your bill or not, you'll receive the refund.

Colossus-Big C
Ooh okay i see now

Barker
Just don't leave your card in your car

Too soon?

Thoren
Who would leave a credit card in a car?

Besides Baka

Barker
You dohohohoho

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
If you maintain that credit on the credit card for 2 months, your credit card company will zero out the credit card and issue you a check in the mail.

Isn't always the case; it's best to call and request a check reimbursement if you don't intend on using the card in the next few months.

Thoren
Originally posted by Barker
You dohohohoho When did I do this?

Barker
I don't know, I'm not looking for anything logical.

Thoren
Don't compare yourself with the joker.

Barker
But I'm using my whole ass.

Thoren
Retard.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Isn't always the case; it's best to call and request a check reimbursement if you don't intend on using the card in the next few months.

No, I checked. no expression

It says so under H.R. 5244 (Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2008) in the second section. no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
No, I checked. no expression

It says so under H.R. 5244 (Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2008) in the second section. no expression

Real-life events supersede your checking, it happened to me.

Not saying you're incorrect in terms of the law, just that the law isn't always followed, see.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Real-life events supersede your checking, it happened to me.

Not saying you're incorrect in terms of the law, just that the law isn't always followed, see.

lol, you're fine. I don't think the law went into place until 2009???

Even then, the companies are given so long before they have to adhere to the new legislation (effective date). For instance, Bank of America didn't have to start doing the "credit card" credit review thing until Feb. of this year.

Side note but relevant: I know my credit is boss so I asked for my APR to be lowered. They didn't do it. They wanted to keep it at 13.99%. So I told them to cancel the card (I only keep 3 cards and all but one maintain a balance of $0) and refund my balance (I was negative by like...$5). My point is, it does not appear that the new laws went into place until this year. "Effective date" if you will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.