What Is Your Favorite Christmas Classic?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Mine is Die Hard!!

http://howlonguntil.net/christmas.gif

siriuswriter
I love The Polar Express. I got that book as a young kid from a beloved aunt, and when they made the movie it was the book come alive...

I also love Bing Crosby. I really love "Holiday Inn," even though everybody in the family thinks it's a cheeseball, so I usually settle for "White Christmas," with an older, balder, and pudgier Bing, but makes up for it with Danny Kaye, whom I absolutely love.

Oh, and "The Santa Clause." That came out what, a decade ago? But Tim Allen is hilarious in it, and the story is original and truly funny. I just forget that they made two sequels.

There are lots of others, my mom has a "Christmas book and movie" box that she gets out around the holidays. I forget what's in there from year to year.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Mine is Die Hard!!

Without question.

BruceSkywalker
White Christmas, Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol, Santa and the 3 Bears, etc

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Without question.

I know, right?! Best Christmas movie EVER.

Oh shit yeah, I want this shirt.. Haha..

http://www.zazzle.com/ho_ho_ho_tshirt-235006176404357665

Impediment
Bad Santa and Die Hard.

ADarksideJedi
Too much to name but here are my top favorites.

Home Alone one
Home Alone two
The Santa Clause(Tim Allen)
The Miracle on 34th street(new one)
Jingle all the way
The Christmas Story
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Deck the halls
Ernest saves Christmas
Christmas Vaction

Robtard
Diehard
A Christmas Story
Bad Santa

Watch all three in December, along with a few others that aren't Christmasy, but still.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Too much to name but here are my top favorites.

Home Alone one
Home Alone two
The Santa Clause(Tim Allen)
The Miracle on 34th street(new one)
Jingle all the way
The Christmas Story
Deck the halls
Ernest saves Christmas
Christmas Vaction

thats a good list.some of them are mine as well.
Miracle on 34th street
others are
The Polar Express
Its a wonderful Life
Nightmare Before Christmas and a new one called
A Princess For Christmas.a new hallmark tv movie that was broadcast a couple weeks ago starring Roger Moore.Very good film people with cable should check out this month.

ADarksideJedi
Good list! I did not see a Princess for Christmas yet I saw that it is on.

the ninjak
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Santa Claus The Movie. (Hard Core Christmas!)

Die Hard? C'mon peoples.
The movie rocks but as a Christmas classic?
You're not gonna exactly crack that gem open on Christmas Day to the family are you??????

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by the ninjak
Die Hard? C'mon peoples.
You're not gonna exactly crack that gem open on Christmas Day to the family are you??????

Booo.. Fail. get out of here. You are clearly misguided. It's the best Christmas movie ever. mad

the ninjak
Booo.. Fail. get out of here. You are clearly misguided. It's the best Christmas movie ever. mad

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION!!!!!

It's fun for the whole fricken family!!!!!!

Mindship
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol thumb up thumb up thumb up

IIRC, the music was composed by the same team which put together some classic, live-action musical films, eg, Funny Girl.

"Hand for each hand was made for the world..." one the saddest, most moving songs in existence.

Even though MM's CC hasn't been on TV in a while, I bring it up on Youtube now and then.

Patient_Leech
NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION!!!!!

It's fun for the whole fricken family!!!!!!

I'm gonna see if I can't get my girlfriend to watch Die Hard with me on Christmas Day.. haha.. stick out tongue

roughrider
I really never think of Christmas movies first. It's all about the annual TV specials for me.

Robtard

Die Hard? C'mon peoples.

Yes, it is in fact a Christmas movie.

Just look at some of the score:

-"WINTER WONDERLAND"
-"CHRISTMAS IN HOLLIS" <--- greatest Xmas song ever
-"LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!"
-"Jingle Bells"

steverules_2
Die hard....over and over

Mine is Die Hard!!

I wish to make sweet love to you no expression

Patient_Leech
Sorry, brah. I have a wonderful Brazilianl girl. Sorry. sad

jinXed by JaNx
Always have to watch Aliens around Christmas. Thats a tradition im keeping. As far as actual Christmas movies though....,

Scrooged
National Lampoons Christmas vacation
Wonderful life
How the Grinch stole Christmas

steverules_2

You're right...threesome it is

Patient_Leech
Alright, fine. I'll grab the lube..

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Always have to watch Aliens around Christmas. Thats a tradition im keeping.

Interesting. How did you come about this tradition (if you don't mind my asking)?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Robtard
Yes, it is in fact a Christmas movie.

Just look at some of the score:

-"WINTER WONDERLAND"
-"CHRISTMAS IN HOLLIS" <--- greatest Xmas song ever
-"LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!"
-"Jingle Bells"

I'm not saying it's not an Xmas film but my Xmas days are usually accompanied by people ranging from toddlers to seniors close to death's door.

Anyways the film my family always watches on Xmas is the 3 Amigos.

jinXed by JaNx
Alright, fine. I'll grab the lube..

Interesting. How did you come about this tradition (if you don't mind my asking)?

My father and brother would always take turns watching their favorite movies on Christmas. For my brother it was Star Wars and for my father it was Predator. This one Christmas, i believe i was about seven, Star Wars had just ended and we just finished opening presents. My mother went to make breakfast and i demanded that we watch one of MY favorite movies now laughing out loud because we never watched any of my favorite movies on Christmas. The rest is history after that. I usually end up watching Aliens twice a year. One of those times is always on Christmas. Aliens is one of those movies that has a lot of memories for me. I can watch it how Cameron meant for it to be viewed or i can watch it while digging up a lot of nostalgia and some of the nostalgic memories revolve around Christmas

Patient_Leech
Damn, you were 7 and Aliens was one of your favorite films? That's perty young.

I have a rather amusing story involving Aliens, also. I was at my grandparents' house (I was perhaps 5, 6, or 7.. not sure) and my brothers who were a little older were going to go down into the basement with our uncle and watch a movie. Well, I didn't want to be left out, so naturally I insisted that I tag along. Either I snuck in or convinced them to let me. So anyway, they watched Aliens. And all I remember from it (maybe I didn't get to see the whole thing, I don't know) is the scene where Ripley has a nightmare that the alien is trying to burst out of her stomach, and it shows her stomach about to burst.. and perhaps to this day, that might be what sparked my interest in sci-fi/horror, haha... laughing out loud

Robtard

Pics or it's not true.

Robtard
I'm not saying it's not an Xmas film but my Xmas days are usually accompanied by people ranging from toddlers to seniors close to death's door.

Anyways the film my family always watches on Xmas is the 3 Amigos.

Toddlers and dying Seniors can enjoy Diehard just the same as you and I can. Don't be an ageist prick.

Patient_Leech
Pics or it's not true.

I shant whore my girlfriend out for your amusement. And just for asking, you get this...

steverules_2
I shant whore my girlfriend out for your amusement. And just for asking, you get this...

A picture of you?

the ninjak
Toddlers and dying Seniors can enjoy Diehard just the same as you and I can. Don't be an ageist prick.

I'm Ageist and proud of it!

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
A picture of you?

Are you wondering if that IS a picture of me, or are you asking for one?
I mean, I guess you want to see the goods before you commit to this threesome?

steverules_2
I'm wondering if that is you

If you are offering me a picture of your naked girlfriend then I will accept this offer

Patient_Leech
No, sir. It's not me. And since you asked for me to whore out my girlfriend also, you too get a fat guy, but this time in a dress...

wink

Patient_Leech
Watched Elf and Die Hard with my sweetheart for Christmas.
Elf is pretty humorous. And Die Hard is the best damn Christmas movie ever. Yippee-ki-yay motherfukker!

policerifle . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . raygun

Happy X-Mas. xmas newyear

siriuswriter
No, sir. It's not me. And since you asked for me to whore out my girlfriend also, you too get a fat guy, but this time in a dress...

wink
My God, I thought that was panty-hose.
I have a hard enough time getting into panty-hose - there's no way that guy could do it without getting ladders of runs.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by siriuswriter
My God, I thought that was panty-hose.
I have a hard enough time getting into panty-hose - there's no way that guy could do it without getting ladders of runs.

lol. I just realized it kind of looks like a bloated Kevin Smith.

Mr Parker
one i completely forgot to mention amazingly is home alone 2 christmas in new york.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.