Cody Travers vs Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
as the title says. Akuma isn't allowed to go shin Akuma in this fight. other than that, anything goes.

Frisky Dingo
Why Cody?

danteiscool
well I've been wondering for a while now how Cody compares to Akuma and I've also heard in some places that he's pretty tough, able to take on Ryu easily and be winning until Ryu goes Evil ryu (this was in one of the Udon comics). and according to SF wiki, it's implied through quotes in SF4 AE that Cody doesn't find Akuma to live up to his expectations (this is if Cody wins against him) and apparently against Shin Oni, the guy remarked that Cody would die against him if he kept holding back, which I assume is SHin Oni's way of saying that Cody could survive against him if he did go all out (though this is most likely non canon seeing as Oni is a 'what-if' Akuma)

No End N Site
Originally posted by danteiscool
well I've been wondering for a while now how Cody compares to Akuma and I've also heard in some places that he's pretty tough, able to take on Ryu easily and be winning until Ryu goes Evil ryu (this was in one of the Udon comics). and according to SF wiki, it's implied through quotes in SF4 AE that Cody doesn't find Akuma to live up to his expectations (this is if Cody wins against him) and apparently against Shin Oni, the guy remarked that Cody would die against him if he kept holding back, which I assume is SHin Oni's way of saying that Cody could survive against him if he did go all out (though this is most likely non canon seeing as Oni is a 'what-if' Akuma)

While the UDON comic doesn't tell canon events perfectly, I have no reason to doubt that Cody wouldn't be a worthy rival to Ryu. But do note that the comic takes place durin SFII. The most current SF is III, not IV. Also worth addin, Ryu use some of the SNH on Cody, he didn't turn into "Evil Ryu".

Also, Cody's win-quote to Akuma, means nothin. I would also take Oni's words to Cody with grain of salt, as well. It's also worth mentioning that, unfortunately, Oni is no longer a "what if", Oni actually happened.

danteiscool
ah I see. if that's the case with the comic though, then why would Cody be in his jail outfit, unless SF 3 comics were also including SF alpha.

Oni actually happened? how, if you don't mind me asking? I've lost track of SF just a while ago.

the ninjak
Cody wins. Knife throw, slide then the beatdown.

No End N Site
Lol. His knife gets stronger every game.

Frisky Dingo
Fear Cody and The Knife!

Still, Gouki is going to send Cody to hell.

MegaAlpha6
its hard to say with akuma, if were being partially realistic and saying that cody takes off his hadcuffs so he's not restricted and he gets a knife... in all fairness knives do kill people and cody is a knife expert id say cody wins, or at the very least holds his own. if he goes against oni well, id put it more like what oni said i think he'd survive, where as other fighters may die fighting oni, i think itd be fair to say cody would lose horribly but stay alive, assuming oni just doesnt kill him while he's unconscious or something

Darkstorm Zero

This is crazy...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.