Orion,Black Adam,Lobo Vs Thor,BRB,Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Which team of bad asses wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/35101/1412606-orion11p20and21_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/286558-154482-black-adam_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/415/77959-187254-lobo_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103405/2096258-mightythor011_cov_02_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18474/353810-60357-beta-ray-bill_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1090152-gladiator00_large.jpg

Prep-Man
BUMP!

Nihilist
Team 1.

The Marvel team is a bit weaker

Prep-Man
Not according to Carver's Gladiator!

Nihilist
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not according to Carver's Gladiator! Yeah but when did his opinion ever count.

Spire

leonidas
marvel for the slight majority due to the teamwork bill and thor could exploit, imo. they could also bfr at will. glads is the weakest link in the fight though. still, i think too much versatility from the thors.

carver9
Team Marvel wins. Gladiator is the strongest on the field and his partners is the most versatile.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator isn't the strongest on the field, stop being silly Carver. That being said, he's more than capable of hanging with anyone on Team 1, his no more of a weak link than Lobo/Black Adam. Tbh, strength as a whole is a complete wash across the board (Barring Warrior Madness or something).

Imo, this is a split or edge to Team 2. They're overall more powerful and versatile. Even something like the hammer brothers team work isn't something that should go unnoticed.

zeel
gladiator being the strongest on the field is debatable at best. Id give a small edge to marvel due to verstility.

JakeTheBank
Lol. Gladiator's not the strongest on the field. You could argue literally everyone else here being stronger than him.

country1000
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol. Gladiator's not the strongest on the field. You could argue literally everyone else here being stronger than him. Beta ray bill has the same strength as thor, silver surfer can amp himself to get as strong as thor. Gladiator is the strongest member of the annilhiators and bill and surfer are members. Orion, adam, lobo, thor and bill cannot muster up enough strength to bust a planet with no outside help. Gladiator is the strongest on the field. I see this place has a battle zone section, i challenge you or anyone else in a strength contest concerning gladiator vs any other herald level character.

cdtm
Originally posted by country1000
Beta ray bill has the same strength as thor, silver surfer can amp himself to get as strong as thor. Gladiator is the strongest member of the annilhiators and bill and surfer are members. Orion, adam, lobo, thor and bill cannot muster up enough strength to bust a planet with no outside help. Gladiator is the strongest on the field. I see this place has a battle zone section, i challenge you or anyone else in a strength contest concerning gladiator vs any other herald level character.

Any other herald?

Can we just reopen the Thor/Glads thread? So far, Thor's come out on top for pure strength feats over Gladiator.

country1000
Originally posted by cdtm
Any other herald?

Can we just reopen the Thor/Glads thread? So far, Thor's come out on top for pure strength feats over Gladiator. I looked at that thread. Its nothing more than a thor fan using feats of thor using his hammer and false claims that i WILL expose in my own thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, that's definitely what happened.

You do know that anyone can read through that thread if they want to right?

country1000
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, that's definitely what happened.

You do know that anyone can read through that thread if they want to right? Ok, lets end this quickly. Show me one example of thors strength feat without the aid of his hammer, another character or a boat. Please dont try the midgard serpent, he failed to lift it with his hands twice. Go.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, lets end this quickly. Show me one example of thors strength feat without the aid of his hammer, another character or a boat.

Any example? Alright:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/LiftsAlienTank.jpg

Please dont try the midgard serpent, he failed to lift it with his hands twice. Go.

Exactly why shouldn't I mention it? The feat is perfectly valid. Not really.

Where you the one who made this argument the last time? If so, I already pointed out the flaw in your reasoning.

iceman24567
LOL Gladz isn't the strongest hes barely in the same league as the other guys in the thread that being said team 1 wins

country1000
Originally posted by iceman24567
LOL Gladz isn't the strongest hes barely in the same league as the other guys in the thread that being said team 1 wins Yet he is the strongest member of the annilhiators who bill ( with the same strength as thor ) is on. Yet you lol? Wow dude.

country1000
Thats it??? A tank??? Well, it was fun while it lasted rage. by the way.. im new.

Lord Feron
Agreed, fairly even but give it to marvel due to versatility.

Prep-Man
orion can match much of thors versatility and lobo shits on bills versaitility. space hog ftw!

JakeTheBank
Beta ray bill has the same strength as thor, silver surfer can amp himself to get as strong as thor. Gladiator is the strongest member of the annilhiators and bill and surfer are members. Orion, adam, lobo, thor and bill cannot muster up enough strength to bust a planet with no outside help. Gladiator is the strongest on the field. I see this place has a battle zone section, i challenge you or anyone else in a strength contest concerning gladiator vs any other herald level character.

Any other herald?

Are you serious, bro?

I imagine Gladiator's shitty ass breaking apart an ill-defined planetoid with a handful of strikes is this great strength feat you're clinging to?

carver9
The comic stated it was a planet, not a planetoid.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

Semantics.

country1000
Any other herald?

Are you serious, bro?

I imagine Gladiator's shitty ass breaking apart an ill-defined planetoid with a handful of strikes is this great strength feat you're clinging to? No. But let me ask you this since i detect a little bias in you about that " planetoid ". Why do you call that planet a planetoid? Have you discovered a method unknown to other members on here to tell the size of that planet? 2. Why is it (shitty) to you? 3. If its ill-defined, why do YOU try and define it? What's your secret method jake?

JakeTheBank

Who the hell cares?

For all intents and purposes, it was a barren, lifeless, floating space rock which Gladiator vented out on. Impressive? Sure. But acting like this single feat, which Gladiator has never replicated again, puts him on a level somehow beyond people as Hulk, Thor, Superman, Captain Marvel, etc. is just about the most retarded logic I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. When pit against foes such as those I mentioned, Gladiator never overpowers them with this supposedly greater strength he possesses...which is conveniently chalked up to the equally absurd confidence excuse. "Gladiator wasn't fully confident then, so it doesn't matter."

Bullshit.

He's confident unless its stated or shown otherwise, and considering we have several examples of this on panel, we know exactly what to look for. And Gladiator, like it or not, has gotten his ass kicked without confidence being an issue. At all.

I could give a flying phuck if Gladiator didn't have as many appearances as some of the other elites, but he's been around long enough to justify where he stands in the grand scheme of things. And at best, he's an Upper Mid-Herald with some High Herald feats. He's not in the same league as people like Thor or Superman and certainly not above them, retarded leaps of faith be damned.

abhilegend
LOL at gladiator stronger than any herald. Can I have a superman-gladiator battlezone?

JakeTheBank
No. But let me ask you this since i detect a little bias in you about that " planetoid ". Why do you call that planet a planetoid? Have you discovered a method unknown to other members on here to tell the size of that planet? 2. Why is it (shitty) to you? 3. If its ill-defined, why do YOU try and define it? What's your secret method jake?

Bias lol.

Planet/planetoid/giant space rock, I don't care what you call it, really. It's impressive in the fact that he destroyed it in enough strikes. Do I think it's beyond the likes of his peers and superiors based on what they have done in combat and out of combat? Absolutely not. That's the reality of it. When Gladiator decisively overpowers Thor or Hulk or something similar, maybe we can talk about Kallark being the strongest herald ever. Until then, I'll stick with character portrayals and feats as a whole instead of clinging to perhaps the single most overhyped feat on the internet.

I don't have a secret method of deducing the size, mass, or composition of said planet. It's unknown, which is precisely why I don't think I should splooge at the thought of Gladiator breaking it apart with his bare hands. Feel free to, though.

country1000
Bias lol.

Planet/planetoid/giant space rock, I don't care what you call it, really. It's impressive in the fact that he destroyed it in enough strikes. Do I think it's beyond the likes of his peers and superiors based on what they have done in combat and out of combat? Absolutely not. That's the reality of it. When Gladiator decisively overpowers Thor or Hulk or something similar, maybe we can talk about Kallark being the strongest herald ever. Until then, I'll stick with character portrayals and feats as a whole instead of clinging to perhaps the single most overhyped feat on the internet.

I don't have a secret method of deducing the size, mass, or composition of said planet. It's unknown, which is precisely why I don't think I should splooge at the thought of Gladiator breaking it apart with his bare hands. Feel free to, though. BINGO!! The truth has come out as to why you try to downgrade that planet to a planetoid. You dont want gladiator to be above hulk, thor, superman or captain marvel. Well im sorry, he's stronger than them, he' faster than them plus he's meaner than them. Only hulks anger makes it debatable with him. Besides, not one of them has punched a " planetoid " to dust with their fists, well hulk did slam into a asteriod twice the size of earth with flight assist. Oh, this was for jakes post that started out with... who the hell cares.

-Pr-
Guys, let's not make this personal.

JakeTheBank
BINGO!! The truth has come out as to why you try to downgrade that planet to a planetoid. You dont want gladiator to be above hulk, thor, superman or captain marvel. Well im sorry, he's stronger than them, he' faster than them plus he's meaner than them. Only hulks anger makes it debatable with him. Besides, not one of them has punched a " planetoid " to dust with their fists, well hulk did slam into a asteriod twice the size of earth with flight assist.

He's not above them, so what I want is irrelevant. Being honest, I'd want Wonder Man to be officially upgraded to Thor level in strength. I want Quicksilver to be at least as fast as Jay Garrick. I want Alan Scott to rage stomp Hal Jordan into dust because Hal's a boring shell of a character nowadays. I want Thor to mind rape someone with Mjolnir, not because it makes sense, but because it would be epically retarded and hilarious as another random plot device power of the hammer.

What I want, ludicrous and idiotic as it sounds, does not coincide with comics. And comics don't support Gladiator being as strong or - excuse me while I lol - stronger than Hulk, Superman, Thor, or Captain Marvel, or a vast variety of heralds out there. Lol at him being faster than Superman, btw.

Assuming you're not a troll/sock who will get banned, feel free to start a feat war with Superman and Gladiator. Gladiator's confidence will spiral into the murky depths of depression and suicidal thoughts if you do that to him.

JakeTheBank
If you really believe Gladiator is clearly stronger than Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc., then you're going to have to settle on one of two things.

A.) If said planet busting feat is intended to be legitimate than that's easily his best feat ever outside of combat (ie. space cheese feat). And if that one and only feat is what you're using to justify Gladiator being > those guys, you really don't want to see the high end feats from them. Usually when one character is stronger than another, there's multiple examples to justify it, not just one feat (the only feat) in which people cling to for deal life.

B.) Said feat, while impressive, is nothing to brag about as we don't know anything about the planet/planetoid and we already know how Gladiator fares in direct combat with his peers such as Hulk and Thor. he gets his ass kicked

-Pr-
He's not above them, so what I want is irrelevant. Being honest, I'd want Wonder Man to be officially upgraded to Thor level in strength. I want Quicksilver to be at least as fast as Jay Garrick. I want Alan Scott to rage stomp Hal Jordan into dust because Hal's a boring shell of a character nowadays. I want Thor to mind rape someone with Mjolnir, not because it makes sense, but because it would be epically retarded and hilarious as another random plot device power of the hammer.

What I want, ludicrous and idiotic as it sounds, does not coincide with comics. And comics don't support Gladiator being as strong or - excuse me while I lol - stronger than Hulk, Superman, Thor, or Captain Marvel, or a vast variety of heralds out there. Lol at him being faster than Superman, btw.

Assuming you're not a troll/sock who will get banned, feel free to start a feat war with Superman and Gladiator. Gladiator's confidence will spiral into the murky depths of depression and suicidal thoughts if you do that to him.

You leave Hal out of this. uhuh

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
You leave Hal out of this. uhuh

Hey, I like Hal, but lately I feel as if Johns has dropped the ball with him. He's really unlikeable in the pages of JL, and in Green Lantern he's being completely overshadowed by Sinestro, which while I'd imagine is the point at this time due to the arc, I'm honestly getting a little sick of.

Though, Alan's clearly the superior character between the two. biscuits

-Pr-
Hey, I like Hal, but lately I feel as if Johns has dropped the ball with him. He's really unlikeable in the pages of JL, and in Green Lantern he's being completely overshadowed by Sinestro, which while I'd imagine is the point at this time due to the arc, I'm honestly getting a little sick of.

Though, Alan's clearly the superior character between the two. biscuits

I think there's a point to the JLA stuff, tbh, and I've liked his little moments in GL, as long as he follows through.

orly

JakeTheBank
I think there's a point to the JLA stuff, tbh, and I've liked his little moments in GL, as long as he follows through.

orly

I think Johns, being a clever guy, is probably purposefully making Hal look kind of like an idiot because people know he's obviously a big supporter of all things Green Lantern and doesn't want to be accused of pushing him too much. I just feel that Hal's character development, which has been pretty good since Rebirth, has hit something of a snag now.

And yes, imo, Alan's a better character than Hal, not just more powerful. But I'll always be a JSA fan at heart, ironically, mostly due to Johns himself.

TheHulk
Beta ray bill has the same strength as thor, silver surfer can amp himself to get as strong as thor. Gladiator is the strongest member of the annilhiators and bill and surfer are members. Orion, adam, lobo, thor and bill cannot muster up enough strength to bust a planet with no outside help. Gladiator is the strongest on the field. I see this place has a battle zone section, i challenge you or anyone else in a strength contest concerning gladiator vs any other herald level character. Lol I like you already

country1000
If you really believe Gladiator is clearly stronger than Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc., then you're going to have to settle on one of two things.

A.) If said planet busting feat is intended to be legitimate than that's easily his best feat ever outside of combat (ie. space cheese feat). And if that one and only feat is what you're using to justify Gladiator being > those guys, you really don't want to see the high end feats from them. Usually when one character is stronger than another, there's multiple examples to justify it, not just one feat (the only feat) in which people cling to for deal life.

B.) Said feat, while impressive, is nothing to brag about as we don't know anything about the planet/planetoid and we already know how Gladiator fares in direct combat with his peers such as Hulk and Thor. he gets his ass kicked First of all, thor and BRB wrecked planets with their hammers. Now if gladiator can wreck one with his fist, what does that tell you? Second. I dont care who beat who in a comic. If we use that, then look at all the fights that are settled... thor vs superman. winner superman. non-canon but... storm vs WW. Winner storm. spidey vs firelord. winner spidey... In other words, characters will be limited to what they can do in a comic. example. Odin stripped thor of his Godly powers but left him with his full strength, thor got beaten by the wrecker because the wrecker had his strength and his asgardian powers. Wonderman claimed he was stronger than thor and was beating thor. Thor threw his hammer away and hulk beat him up. Now people will cry foul. Thor was either sick, hurt or depowered or missing his hammer. They cry foul. BUT when gladiator is dumped in radiation or forgets his speed advantage????? Do you see where this is going?

-Pr-
I think Johns, being a clever guy, is probably purposefully making Hal look kind of like an idiot because people know he's obviously a big supporter of all things Green Lantern and doesn't want to be accused of pushing him too much. I just feel that Hal's character development, which has been pretty good since Rebirth, has hit something of a snag now.

And yes, imo, Alan's a better character than Hal, not just more powerful. But I'll always be a JSA fan at heart, ironically, mostly due to Johns himself.

That, or he's going to show us Hal learning a hard lesson that will sort him out.

TheHulk
Who the hell cares?

For all intents and purposes, it was a barren, lifeless, floating space rock which Gladiator vented out on. Impressive? Sure. But acting like this single feat, which Gladiator has never replicated again, puts him on a level somehow beyond people as Hulk, Thor, Superman, Captain Marvel, etc. is just about the most retarded logic I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. When pit against foes such as those I mentioned, Gladiator never overpowers them with this supposedly greater strength he possesses...which is conveniently chalked up to the equally absurd confidence excuse. "Gladiator wasn't fully confident then, so it doesn't matter."

Bullshit.

He's confident unless its stated or shown otherwise, and considering we have several examples of this on panel, we know exactly what to look for. And Gladiator, like it or not, has gotten his ass kicked without confidence being an issue. At all.

I could give a flying phuck if Gladiator didn't have as many appearances as some of the other elites, but he's been around long enough to justify where he stands in the grand scheme of things. And at best, he's an Upper Mid-Herald with some High Herald feats. He's not in the same league as people like Thor or Superman and certainly not above them, retarded leaps of faith be damned. This post was more like a rant so your not making any points... sad

-Pr-
He's right, though.

TheHulk
He's right, though. Only 44% of that post was right...

TheHulk
BINGO!! The truth has come out as to why you try to downgrade that planet to a planetoid. You dont want gladiator to be above hulk, thor, superman or captain marvel. Well im sorry, he's stronger than them, he' faster than them plus he's meaner than them. Only hulks anger makes it debatable with him. Besides, not one of them has punched a " planetoid " to dust with their fists, well hulk did slam into a asteriod twice the size of earth with flight assist. Oh, this was for jakes post that started out with... who the hell cares. YOU LEAVE HULK AND CAPTAIN MARVEL OUT OF THIS!!! mad

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheHulk
Only 44% of that post was right...

Which 44%?

TheHulk
Which 44%? They are all mixed so I can't really explain..... sad

But we were most wrong about the most overhype feat in the Internet stuff

JakeTheBank
They are all mixed so I can't really explain..... sad

But we were most wrong about the most overhype feat in the Internet stuff

You made the claim. *shrug* I don't mind if you think I'm wrong, but I do ask you at least make an attempt to point out where I was wrong and why.

It's debatable, but really, that feat ranks in as one of the most hyped feats of all time from where I'm sitting as people seriously think that it somehow elevates Gladiator to a level where the top tier elites stand and in the minds of some, beyond them. Personally, I don't think we should have to wait for someone like Thor or Superman to bust a planet when it's obvious they have the feats to justify them doing so and can look at fights to see how they stand up against someone who has done so on panel. If you start using collateral damage as a measuring stick of how powerful someone is instead of direct comparisons, you're going to get to some stupid conclusions.

country1000
They are all mixed so I can't really explain..... sad

But we were most wrong about the most overhype feat in the Internet stuff Wow. Gladiator destroys a planet on panel and he rants and try to downgrade the feat, yet superman says ( hyperbole ) his dial goes to 11 and he praises that ONE time saying as if its solid gold.

JakeTheBank
Wow. Gladiator destroys a planet on panel and he rants and try to downgrade the feat, yet superman says ( hyperbole ) his dial goes to 11 and he praises that ONE time saying as if its solid gold.

I don't have to cite Superman's hyperbolic statements (which absolutely shit on virtually everyone in comics) to justify him beating Gladiator. His actual feats do that. And when did I praise Superman's "dials going to 11!" speech like solid gold? Him barely beating Thor and turning around and claiming he was perhaps the single toughest opponent he ever faced is as much a feat for him as it is for Thor...which is inadmissible by the rules of the forum anyway.

Superman lifting half of infinity (which is still infinity) and the weight of eternity (ie. The Spectre) crap on Gladiator pounding away on some planet with hardly any substantial information.

Gladiator's all time one time showing of him destroying a planet with a few blows doesn't justify him being stronger than Superman.

country1000
You made the claim. *shrug* I don't mind if you think I'm wrong, but I do ask you at least make an attempt to point out where I was wrong and why.

It's debatable, but really, that feat ranks in as one of the most hyped feats of all time from where I'm sitting as people seriously think that it somehow elevates Gladiator to a level where the top tier elites stand and in the minds of some, beyond them. Personally, I don't think we should have to wait for someone like Thor or Superman to bust a planet when it's obvious they have the feats to justify them doing so and can look at fights to see how they stand up against someone who has done so on panel. If you start using collateral damage as a measuring stick of how powerful someone is instead of direct comparisons, you're going to get to some stupid conclusions. What feats do thor and superman have to make you believe that they can bust a planet ( its a planet when you use superman and thor huh? ) with their strength of arm?

JakeTheBank
What feats do thor and superman have to make you believe that they can bust a planet ( its a planet when you use superman and thor huh? ) with their strength of arm?

The fact that Thor threw Earth out of orbit when arm wrestling with Hercules? The fact he's closed dimensional rifts with his bare hands? The fact his blows with Mjolnir have reverberated across all planes of reality? The fact his blows have shaken entire planets foundations? The fact that Masterson Thor nearly killed Gladiator and Thor himself beat the holy hell out of a Gladiator from the future who was bloodlusted, had prep, was a coward who used civilians to get the edge on Thor, and initiated the fight by shooting Jake Olsen with heat vision?

Superman? I'll let Pr handle that.

Conversely, what feats suggest Gladiator can move the Nine Realms? Or lift infinity?

country1000
I don't have to cite Superman's hyperbolic statements (which absolutely shit on virtually everyone in comics) to justify him beating Gladiator. His actual feats do that. And when did I praise Superman's "dials going to 11!" speech like solid gold? Him barely beating Thor and turning around and claiming he was perhaps the single toughest opponent he ever faced is as much a feat for him as it is for Thor...which is inadmissible by the rules of the forum anyway.

Superman lifting half of infinity (which is still infinity) and the weight of eternity (ie. The Spectre) crap on Gladiator pounding away on some planet with hardly any substantial information.

Gladiator's all time one time showing of him destroying a planet with a few blows doesn't justify him being stronger than Superman. So now you claim superman has infinite strength? Answer this please, who is stronger, the superman that lifted half of infinity ( which is still infinity ) or pre-crisis superman who who could only lift planets?

TheHulk
So now you claim superman has infinite strength? Answer this please, who is stronger, the superman that lifted half of infinity ( which is still infinity ) or pre-crisis superman who who could only lift planets? Hmmm nice counter I can see good things in you

JakeTheBank
So now you claim superman has infinite strength? Answer this please, who is stronger, the superman that lifted half of infinity ( which is still infinity ) or pre-crisis superman who who could only lift planets?

I said he lifted half of infinity on panel, which he did. Big difference. Also nice strawman technique. thumb up

Pre-Crisis Superman fluctuated all over the place for one thing; it's a big misnomer that Pre-Crisis Superman is this unstoppable being as his feats could place him no higher than mid herald or far and beyond that.

Lifting half of infinity (which is still infinity) is still perhaps one of the greatest single strength feats in comics. Since you're citing Gladiator's ultimate one time feat as the sole reason why he's > Superman, I guess I'll do the same thing for Kal and whip out his single greatest strength feat ever. Only fair.

And I'll take lifting half of infinity over breaking apart a planet with a handful of blows every single time.

country1000
The fact that Thor threw Earth out of orbit when arm wrestling with Hercules? The fact he's closed dimensional rifts with his bare hands? The fact his blows with Mjolnir have reverberated across all planes of reality? The fact his blows have shaken entire planets foundations? The fact that Masterson Thor nearly killed Gladiator and Thor himself beat the holy hell out of a Gladiator from the future who was bloodlusted, had prep, was a coward who used civilians to get the edge on Thor, and initiated the fight by shooting Jake Olsen with heat vision?

Superman? I'll let Pr handle that.

Conversely, what feats suggest Gladiator can move the Nine Realms? Or lift infinity? My god man, calm down. Goodness... Ok, Those feats are nothing compared to busting a planet. No hammer feats please. Last, when was gladiator bloodlusted? From what i recall, gladiator punched thor across the sky for 60 seconds, yet thor made no attempt to right himself ( he was koed ) And gladiator helped thor save a plane full of people?? Yet you claim he was bloodlusted? You are reaching there my friend.

country1000
I said he lifted half of infinity on panel, which he did. Big difference. Also nice strawman technique. thumb up

Pre-Crisis Superman fluctuated all over the place for one thing; it's a big misnomer that Pre-Crisis Superman is this unstoppable being as his feats could place him no higher than mid herald or far and beyond that.

Lifting half of infinity (which is still infinity) is still perhaps one of the greatest single strength feats in comics. Since you're citing Gladiator's ultimate one time feat as the sole reason why he's > Superman, I guess I'll do the same thing for Kal and whip out his single greatest strength feat ever. Only fair.

And I'll take lifting half of infinity over breaking apart a planet with a handful of blows every single time. How much does infinity weigh?

abhilegend
So now you claim superman has infinite strength? Answer this please, who is stronger, the superman that lifted half of infinity ( which is still infinity ) or pre-crisis superman who who could only lift planets?

You don't know what are you talking about. Quit while you're ahead. FYI superman has koed PC Mon-el with a single slam who transported a star to another solar system and was tossing moons at Time-trapper. He has also taken on PC superboy and Three PC kryptonians and held his own.

JakeTheBank
My god man, calm down. Goodness... Ok, Those feats are nothing compared to busting a planet. No hammer feats please. Last, when was gladiator bloodlusted? From what i recall, gladiator punched thor across the sky for 60 seconds, yet thor made no attempt to right himself ( he was koed ) And gladiator helped thor save a plane full of people?? Yet you claim he was bloodlusted? You are reaching there my friend.

I'm perfectly calm, thanks.

Nothing? Really? News to me, broski. Discounting Mjolnir, eh? Tried and true tactic to try to cling to any semblance of Gladiator's superiority which doesn't exist.

He was trying to kill Thor the entire fight. It's the whole reason why he was sent to the present in the first place. He didn't punch Thor across the sky for 60 seconds, either. He disarmed him from Mjolnir to revert him to Jake Olsen. By the time Thor landed, his time was up, which triggered the transformation. Gladiator helped Thor save the plane due to Gladiator being an idiot the whole time. The fact that Gladiator's crusade endangered innocent people pissed Thor off - and rightfully so - and with a few blows, promptly crushed Gladiator when he announced he was no longer holding back. Gladiator even said that Thor was too powerful for him to beat, which is true. Everything I've said is shown on panel.

If you want to discount that feat as invalid as it's not Gladiator from the present time line, something Carv does a lot, you can always look at Masterson Thor vs. Gladiator, in which Eric nearly kills Gladiator and has to have Wonder Man and Vision stop him from doing so.

JakeTheBank
How much does infinity weigh?

The question answers itself.

country1000
I'm perfectly calm, thanks.

Nothing? Really? News to me, broski. Discounting Mjolnir, eh? Tried and true tactic to try to cling to any semblance of Gladiator's superiority which doesn't exist.

He was trying to kill Thor the entire fight. It's the whole reason why he was sent to the present in the first place. He didn't punch Thor across the sky for 60 seconds, either. He disarmed him from Mjolnir to revert him to Jake Olsen. By the time Thor landed, his time was up, which triggered the transformation. Gladiator helped Thor save the plane due to Gladiator being an idiot the whole time. The fact that Gladiator's crusade endangered innocent people pissed Thor off - and rightfully so - and with a few blows, promptly crushed Gladiator when he announced he was no longer holding back. Gladiator even said that Thor was too powerful for him to beat, which is true. Everything I've said is shown on panel.

If you want to discount that feat as invalid as it's not Gladiator from the present time line, something Carv does a lot, you can always look at Masterson Thor vs. Gladiator, in which Eric nearly kills Gladiator and has to have Wonder Man and Vision stop him from doing so. Look jake, if thor beats gladiator into a pulp, i dont care. I want you to show me where thor puts his hammer on his side and crush gladiator. That hammer is the only way thor can beat gladiator. You might not know this, but thor has never hit gladiator with his fists. Strange but true. Without his hammer, thor is not the powerhouse you make him out to be.

abhilegend
^ What's that supposed to prove? Mjolnir is as much a part of Thor's character and powersets as his strength. It's like asking cut superman's arms and ask how much strong he is now. You can't separate mjolnir and Thor's strength feats.

DarkSaint85
Team 1 wins due to exotic abilities.

JakeTheBank
Look jake, if thor beats gladiator into a pulp, i dont care. I want you to show me where thor puts his hammer on his side and crush gladiator. That hammer is the only way thor can beat gladiator. You might not know this, but thor has never hit gladiator with his fists. Strange but true. Without his hammer, thor is not the powerhouse you make him out to be.

His bare strength w/o Mjolnir was enough to deadlock the Hulk in a test of strength for over an hour, match Hercules in arm wrestling which generated enough force to throw the Earth out of orbit, close dimensional rifts, lift the Midgard Serpent, and move the World Engine and the Nine Realms.

The hammer gives him better striking power than without it, but Thor's physical strength still makes him every bit the powerhouse he is.

country1000
The question answers itself. I want to hear it from you because if superman lifted half of infinity and CM lifted the other half, that would make them equal in strength because there is no way one lifted more than the other. right?.. But wait now, ultraman lifted it by himself but there is no way he lifted more weight because its all infinite weight. right? Soooo, we can come to the conclusion that those 3 are the strongest beings ever to appear in a comic. right? Because, gladiator, hulk, thor, kurse, the destroyer, thanos, tyrant, galactus, odin, zeus and no one else short of classic beyonder can lift infinite weight. right?

DarkSaint85
I want to hear it from you because if superman lifted half of infinity and CM lifted the other half, that would make them equal in strength because there is no way one lifted more than the other. right?.. But wait now, ultraman lifted it by himself but there is no way he lifted more weight because its all infinite weight. right? Soooo, we can come to the conclusion that those 3 are the strongest beings ever to appear in a comic. right? Because, gladiator, hulk, thor, kurse, the destroyer, thanos, tyrant, galactus, odin, zeus and no one else short of classic beyonder can lift infinite weight. right?

How would they know if they haven't tried?

On a more serious note, are we really trying to apply logic to a clear cut, on-panel event?

Might as well argue why the gamma bomb didn't give Banner cancer instead of making him a raging green monster....

JakeTheBank
I want to hear it from you because if superman lifted half of infinity and CM lifted the other half, that would make them equal in strength because there is no way one lifted more than the other. right?.. But wait now, ultraman lifted it by himself but there is no way he lifted more weight because its all infinite weight. right? Soooo, we can come to the conclusion that those 3 are the strongest beings ever to appear in a comic. right? Because, gladiator, hulk, thor, kurse, the destroyer, thanos, tyrant, galactus, odin, zeus and no one else short of classic beyonder can lift infinite weight. right?

In terms of pure feats, yes, Ultraman lifting it by himself is the best strength feat of comics. Cap and Superman lifting it together, however they tried to split the weight, still lifted infinity.

Does that make those three the strongest beings in comics? According to on panel feats, they certainly have the best ones. In terms of depiction in the overall grand scheme of things, no, I wouldn't cite them as being the strongest beings in comics.

In any case, busting a planet is, well, infinitely inferior to lifting infinite weight if we want to play the high end feat game. If we do what I and most people do, finding a baseline average for feats, Superman still certainly shines better than Gladiator. So does Hulk, Thor, etc.

DarkSaint85
Also....

What does team 2 have to offer against Lobo breaking the 4th wall?

abhilegend

Nice rant. Wonder woman lifted half of eternity too. It was you who was saying that because gladiator busted a piece of rock(albeit a giant rock), he's the strongest herald. Now Bill destroyed planetS in his fight with stardust, so now he is the strongest one, right? These space cheese feats are meaningless, superman turned the wheels of Maggedon who was bigger than entire solar system and pushed a ship through hyperspace which was towing earth and moon simultaneously. He also nearly broke earth by just free falling from upper atmosphere while nearly dead and almost powerless. Don't try to get in a feat war with Superman/Thor. Not even surfer has feats like them, gladiator who?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nice rant. Wonder woman lifted half of eternity too. It was you who was saying that because gladiator busted a piece of rock(albeit a giant rock), he's the strongest herald. Now Bill destroyed planetS in his fight with stardust, so now he is the strongest one, right? These space cheese feats are meaningless, superman turned the wheels of Maggedon who was bigger than entire solar system and pushed a ship through hyperspace which was towing earth and moon simultaneously. He also nearly broke earth by just free falling from upper atmosphere while nearly dead and almost powerless. Don't try to get in a feat war with Superman/Thor. Not even surfer has feats like them, gladiator who?

And of course, you have Lobo, who doesn't do logical.....thus making any application of logic useless in a debate.

country1000
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How would they know if they haven't tried?

On a more serious note, are we really trying to apply logic to a clear cut, on-panel event?

Might as well argue why the gamma bomb didn't give Banner cancer instead of making him a raging green monster.... Because you know FULL well that superman does NOT have anywhere close to infinite strength. Do you not see where he tries to put hulk, thor and superman in the same boat and neither of them can lift infinite weight? By his logic, superman is stronger than a warrior madness thor wearing his belt of strength because thor would still have a cap on his strength.

DarkSaint85
But Jake's point (I think) was that if you were to simply take a single, illogical high end feat, and apply it for your character, then he would do the same, and whip out Superman and the infinite book.

On AVERAGE, would you say that Gladiator is stronger than Superman, and if so, what would you offer in terms of proof, I guess is a less combative way of putting it.

Still not sure what the discussion on strength levels would serve when Lobo threatens the comic writer to ensure he wins lol.....

abhilegend
Because you know FULL well that superman does NOT have anywhere close to infinite strength. Do you not see where he tries to put hulk, thor and superman in the same boat and neither of them can lift infinite weight? By his logic, superman is stronger than a warrior madness thor wearing his belt of strength because thor would still have a cap on his strength.

How do you know? Can you tell me what is the cap of superman's strength or Thor's strength?

JakeTheBank
Because you know FULL well that superman does NOT have anywhere close to infinite strength. Do you not see where he tries to put hulk, thor and superman in the same boat and neither of them can lift infinite weight? By his logic, superman is stronger than a warrior madness thor wearing his belt of strength because thor would still have a cap on his strength.

Based on that one feat, yes, he does. And as much as it pains me to admit, if we were to use that one feat to judge Superman's strength, well, he is far and away stronger than Thor and the Hulk and especially Gladiator.

Which is why I don't tend to use single one time feats as the means to gauge someone's strength, power, speed, etc.

But Jake's point (I think) was that if you were to simply take a single, illogical high end feat, and apply it for your character, then he would do the same, and whip out Superman and the infinite book.

On AVERAGE, would you say that Gladiator is stronger than Superman, and if so, what would you offer in terms of proof, I guess is a less combative way of putting it.

Still not sure what the discussion on strength levels would serve when Lobo threatens the comic writer to ensure he wins lol.....

Exactly. thumb up

country1000
Nice rant. Wonder woman lifted half of eternity too. It was you who was saying that because gladiator busted a piece of rock(albeit a giant rock), he's the strongest herald. Now Bill destroyed planetS in his fight with stardust, so now he is the strongest one, right? These space cheese feats are meaningless, superman turned the wheels of Maggedon who was bigger than entire solar system and pushed a ship through hyperspace which was towing earth and moon simultaneously. He also nearly broke earth by just free falling from upper atmosphere while nearly dead and almost powerless. Don't try to get in a feat war with Superman/Thor. Not even surfer has feats like them, gladiator who? I tell you what. Lets have a feat war but we will use feats where the character fails to do certain tasks or struggle trying to do them. We will use planets, moons, asteriods and on down to cars ok? You show me gladiator failing to lift something or needing help to move or destroy something and i will do the same for superman or thor.

country1000
How do you know? Can you tell me what is the cap of superman's strength or Thor's strength? Far below kurse.

abhilegend
^ Ok. You first.

abhilegend
Far below kurse.

What's kurse's strength cap in tons?

JakeTheBank
I tell you what. Lets have a feat war but we will use feats where the character fails to do certain tasks or struggle trying to do them. We will use planets, moons, asteriods and on down to cars ok? You show me gladiator failing to lift something or needing help to move or destroy something and i will do the same for superman or thor.

laughing

C'mon, man.

What does that prove? If I show you, say, Superman struggling or grunting holding up a pyramid, does that somehow invalidate Superman assisting in towing the moon? Or lifting infinite weight?

Is that what you're trying to get at? Because to me, this seems like an attempt to somehow discredit Thor and Superman's high end feats, focus on their low ones, while simultaneously clinging to Gladiator's single feat as if it were the gospel.

country1000
laughing

C'mon, man.

What does that prove? If I show you, say, Superman struggling or grunting holding up a pyramid, does that somehow invalidate Superman assisting in towing the moon? Or lifting infinite weight?

Is that what you're trying to get at? Because to me, this seems like an attempt to somehow discredit Thor and Superman's high end feats, focus on their low ones, while simultaneously clinging to Gladiator's single feat as if it were the gospel. You will get the picture soon enough, just watch.

country1000
What's kurse's strength cap in tons? Does it matter? We know for a fact that hes stronger than both thor and superman.

abhilegend
Me first
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supermanblackhole0015ak0te.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/moonmover.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/smcm.jpg

And this proves superman>>>>gladiator. I mean he busted a giant rock with a single punch.uhuh

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supermanmanofsteel03119ld0.jpg

JakeTheBank
You will get the picture soon enough, just watch.

I've been around here long enough to know where this is going.

Basically, you feel Gladiator is - somehow ermm - stronger than Thor, Hulk, and Superman, based primarily, if not solely off of Gladiator busting a planet.

When confronted by feats and instances displaying strength far greater than that needed to destroy a planet, for example, Superman lifting infinite weight, you then decide to have a feat war in which highs aren't the measuring stick, but rather, low feats and showings, specifically those centered around these characters failing to do something or needed help to do it.

Which, I guess, will somehow prove a point...in spite of the fact that Superman and Thor have more impressive feats of them cementing their strength class and a more consistent basis of doing so, to say nothing of specific amps and upgrades (mostly in Superman's case) which need to be taken into effect as he has literally gotten stronger as the years progress.

In other words, you're desperately trying to concoct a scenario in which Gladiator looks better on paper than Superman or Thor did at least once, which will, I guess, vindicate you and your belief that Gladiator is "the strongest one there is".

Am I right so far?

country1000
^ Ok. You first. Ok. superman and others failed to keep the earth in orbit, superman needed thors hammer to bust open something, he needed help to move a moon and a planet, Yet he has infinite strength?? The point is ( jake ) is that he has hundreds of canon feats that shows that he is not mr infinite strength.

DarkSaint85
Seeing as Superman isn't in this thread, and Gladiator and Thor are on the same team, surely this should be taken out of the thread?

And if we use that, should we use the fact Gambit took out Glads as proof he can't fly through stars etc?

JakeTheBank
Ok. superman and others failed to keep the earth in orbit, superman needed thors hammer to bust open something, he needed help to move a moon and a planet, Yet he has infinite strength?? The point is ( jake ) is that he has hundreds of canon feats that shows that he is not mr infinite strength.

Yeah, and Gladiator has more showings of him not busting planets with his blows than he does in doing so (which was one time).

The point is you shouldn't desperately cling onto a single feat as the gospel and use that as evidence that Character A is stronger than Character B. You should use their entire history and feats as an average, in which case, Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc. are superior to Gladiator.

Which gets us back to the main point: Gladiator not being the strongest person here physically.

country1000
Me first
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supermanblackhole0015ak0te.jpg

And this proves superman>>>>gladiator. I mean he busted a giant rock with a single punch.uhuh

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supermanmanofsteel03119ld0.jpg Sorry dude, but your job is to show me gladiator failing at lifting something or destroying something to make him weaker than superman. Nice scans though. My job is to show superman failing.

abhilegend
Ok. superman and others failed to keep the earth in orbit, superman needed thors hammer to bust open something, he needed help to move a moon and a planet, Yet he has infinite strength?? The point is ( jake ) is that he has hundreds of canon feats that shows that he is not mr infinite strength.

Context. He was just resurrected after getting killed 3000 years earlier so obviously he was weaker, they were moving moon at very high speeds and were resisted by every magical hero on earth so that moon doesn't go in earth's orbit. He was moving earth with a harness against the power of starbreaker who is grown up sun eater(a sun eater is just a larva compared to him), he needed mjolnir to break Krona's force-field who punked the most powerful artifacts in MU and DCU and has power of several universes he absorbed. How's any of that is a low feat?

JakeTheBank
facepalm

country1000
Me first

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supermanmanofsteel03119ld0.jpg A metor vs a planet? Really dude? Hulks feat trumps a metor.

abhilegend
Sorry dude, but your job is to show me gladiator failing at lifting something or destroying something to make him weaker than superman. Nice scans though. My job is to show superman failing.

Where did superman fail in lifting something? Grunting isn't failing. BTW you didn't provide any scans. Gladiator and thor went to hell trying to stop a plane (although they were trying to stop it tearing apart). Gladiator also failed to break uni-powered Sue's force-fields.

abhilegend
A metor vs a planet? Really dude? Hulks feat trumps a metor.

You obviously ignored the smilie. He did it in a single punch, though.vin

country1000
You obviously ignored the smilie. He did it in a single punch, though.vin Put up the scan where he tried that on that moon which is larger than a meteor and lets look at his face.

JakeTheBank
Does that one feat concerning the Shadow Moon make Superman weaker than Gladiator according to Gladiator's one time planet busting feat? Superman also rammed into the moon going close to light speed and didn't stand on the surface wailing on it.

country1000
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt349/zauriel1988/shadowmoonfeat.jpg Was he smiling here?

JakeTheBank
Like I said, he was flying just under the speed of the light, crashed into the Shadow Moon, which is no ordinary planet/satellite, and destroyed it in a single crash.

That's more impressive to me than standing on a planet/planetoid and punching it until it breaks apart.

country1000
Does that one feat concerning the Shadow Moon make Superman weaker than Gladiator according to Gladiator's one time planet busting feat? Superman also rammed into the moon going close to light speed and didn't stand on the surface wailing on it. Gladiator rammed into ego at near light speed, but he did not ko himself. And if superman has to build up speed and mass to destroy a small moon, then yes, gladiators planet smashing feat places him above superman. I wish to god that superman had destroyed that planet and gladiator koed himself ramming a moon. You and others would run into the ground and make that planet bigger than the sun.

abhilegend
Put up the scan where he tried that on that moon which is larger than a meteor and lets look at his face.

That was Mcduffie superman who was oneshotted by Dr. Light. Here superman busted a moon in a single strike.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/satsoontb5.jpg

Hell even supergirl has busted a moon at 99.8% of speed of light.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/moonbust.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/moonbust2.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/moonbust3.jpg

Just think about it, a superman who was written by a writer who thought T'challa can armbar surfer and get beaten by a single shot from Dr. Light can bust a shadow moon who is travelling at very high speeds then what can he do in hands of a writer like Greg pak.scared

JakeTheBank
Gladiator rammed into ego at near light speed, but he did not ko himself. And if superman has to build up speed and mass to destroy a small moon, then yes, gladiators planet smashing feat places him above superman. I wish to god that superman had destroyed that planet and gladiator koed himself ramming a moon. You and others would run into the ground and make that planet bigger than the sun.

So, basically, you want to lowball Superman and others while simultaneously clinging to Gladiator's seldom high end feats and then strawman people who believe (rightfully so) that Gladiator isn't the strongest high herald out there?

country1000
That was Mcduffie superman who was oneshotted by Dr. Light. Here superman busted a moon in a single strike.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/satsoontb5.jpg

Hell even supergirl has busted a moon at 99.8% of speed of light.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/moonbust.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/moonbust2.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/Supergirl_Respect/moonbust3.jpg

Just think about it, a superman who was written by a writer who thought T'challa can armbar surfer and get beaten by a single shot from Dr. Light can bust a shadow moon who is travelling at very high speeds then what can he do in hands of a writer like Greg pak.scared Superman flew through that moon, he did not bust it ( nice try though ) So far you have shown me metors and small moons. When you get to planets and asteriods blocking space lanes, let me know. Good night people, be safe.

abhilegend
Superman flew through that moon, he did not bust it ( nice try though ) So far you have shown me metors and small moons. When you get to planets and asteriods blocking space lanes, let me know. Good night people, be safe.

And what did he do on that shadow moon? He koed himself on it and supergirl destroyed one without getting koed, so that means supergirl is more powerful than superman, right? Planets, I can do that

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/10xvlsp.jpg

abhilegend
You want planets, look here

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/mageddon.jpg

He was moving that thing's endless millwheels

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/JLA40-20.jpg

abhilegend
Just for lulz, Terrax destroys a planet by a single shot from his axe, he must be more powerful than every herald, right?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/Edpachi/799133-terraxplanetbuster1_super.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/Edpachi/799134-terraxplanetbuster2_super1.jpg

Planet1003
country1000 is a CBR member, there was talking at CBR that people on KMC are downplaying and trolling gladiator so country1000 came here to defend gladiator, he is like there champion that came here on a mission to defend the godly almighty gladiator smile

DarkSaint85
Yayyyyy good for him.

As for this fight, team 2 loses for reasons I have stated already, which no one has picked up on and I have therefore taken to mean that even the greatest Gladiator champion cannot give a rebuttal to.

TheHulk
well this i'm happy cause Gladiator is well you know

carver9

B.) Said feat, while impressive, is nothing to brag about as we don't know anything about the planet/planetoid and we already know how Gladiator fares in direct combat with his peers such as Hulk and Thor. he gets his ass kicked

You know better than this Jake. He never fought Thor (well, not a Canon version of Gladiator).

carver9
Just for lulz, Terrax destroys a planet by a single shot from his axe, he must be more powerful than every herald, right?

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/Edpachi/799133-terraxplanetbuster1_super.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/Edpachi/799134-terraxplanetbuster2_super1.jpg

Terrax control the planet itself. That was MUCH more than a physical ft and its not outside of his power to destroy a planet either (since again, he control the planet itself).

abhilegend
^ Where's the "on-panel" proof, I am not agreeing untill it was specifically stated? He was also beaten by thing.

abhilegend

Rage.Of.Olympus
Terrax control the planet itself. That was MUCH more than a physical ft and its not outside of his power to destroy a planet either (since again, he control the planet itself).

I'm pretty sure that Terrax was specifically not using any other might than raw power at the moment.

Trying a bit to hard to undermine the feat Carver. Why do you always got to such lengths?

Anyways, Bill destroyed a planet by hitting Stardust. Surfer and Morg destroyed a planet using their raw energy by hitting each other etc.

He is far from the only herald capable of busting a planet.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm pretty sure that Terrax was specifically not using any other might than raw power at the moment.

Trying a bit to hard to undermine the feat Carver. Why do you always got to such lengths?

Anyways, Bill destroyed a planet by hitting Stardust. Surfer and Morg destroyed a planet using their raw energy by hitting each other etc.

He is far from the only herald capable of busting a planet. how big were these planets that these guys destroyed? I've seen comics where someone destroys a rock about the size of maybe a football stadium, and it is claimed that he is a planet destroyer...

I've yet to seen anyone destroy anything the size of an actual planet. its why these same characters, when fighting on earth, barely can create a crater larger than a few miles wide even with their most powerful blows. but when they blow up a circular rock the size of a small building, they're elevated to planet destroyers.

end rant.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
how big were these planets that these guys destroyed? I've seen comics where someone destroys a rock about the size of maybe a football stadium, and it is claimed that he is a planet destroyer...

I've yet to seen anyone destroy anything the size of an actual planet. its why these same characters, when fighting on earth, barely can create a crater larger than a few miles wide even with their most powerful blows. but when they blow up a circular rock the size of a small building, they're elevated to planet destroyers.

end rant.

I'm going to guess that they're somewhere between the Earth and the moon.

People don't destroy the Earth when they fight nearby because it's the Earth. It doesn't in itself prove that a character has the inability to destroy the Earth if they have other feats.

leonidas

this thread has become fantastic. thanks for joining the discussion. smile

so, it's your contention that gladiator is the strongest herald, correct? stronger than hulk, thor and superman and any of the others. and you use the fact that he punched a planet into dust as the ONLY reason for this to be true? or do you have other reasons? and how MUCH stronger? is he WAY stronger?

and iyo is gladiator stronger than warrior mad thor? or thor with his belt of strength on? is he stronger than a sundipped superman? how about thanos? is he stronger than thanos iyo? or classic drax? drax literally used his physical strength to rip a star apart and destroy it with a SINGLE motion. does glad's planet feat top drax's STELLAR feat (and we know stars are hundreds or even thousands of times more massive than even the largest planets). i'm just trying to get a clearer picture of your thoughts. can't wait for the reply.

leonidas
and, incidentally, i've heard it said a couple times that glads is the 'strongest' of the annihilators. was that actually SAID somewhere? is there some support somewhere for that belief or is it just the usual speculation. the way it's been stated, i assumed it was an on-panel fact....

carver9
Even if someone showed Leo a scan of this...he will find some kind of way to down play it. Waste of time. If you don't believe this...visit the Gladiator respect thread...Leo had a lot to say about Gladiator there and one of the things is "he doesn't like the character".

-Pr-
Even if someone showed Leo a scan of this...he will find some kind of way to down play it. Waste of time. If you don't believe this...visit the Gladiator respect thread...Leo had a lot to say about Gladiator there and one of the things is "he doesn't like the character".

Given your own level of bias against these characters, I'd be very careful about accusing others of it, tbh.

--

Even if Gladiator is given the benefit of the doubt, and we say that the planet he destroyed is Earth sized, that's still not the best strength feat in comics, and as powerful as he is, for every good feat he has, the likes of Superman and Thor tend to have better ones.

TheHulk
Even if someone showed Leo a scan of this...he will find some kind of way to down play it. Waste of time. If you don't believe this...visit the Gladiator respect thread...Leo had a lot to say about Gladiator there and one of the things is "he doesn't like the character". Seriously dude what do you see in Gladiator

carver9
Given your own level of bias against these characters, I'd be very careful about accusing others of it, tbh.

--

Even if Gladiator is given the benefit of the doubt, and we say that the planet he destroyed is Earth sized, that's still not the best strength feat in comics, and as powerful as he is, for every good feat he has, the likes of Superman and Thor tend to have better ones.

I rarely if ever bring up the planetary fts. Not one of the reasons why I consider Gladiator a beast.

-Pr-
I rarely if ever bring up the planetary fts. Not one of the reasons why I consider Gladiator a beast.

I wasn't talking about you, but please, continue, tell us why you think he's above guys like Superman and Thor.

carver9
I wasn't talking about you, but please, continue, tell us why you think he's above guys like Superman and Thor.

I have been convinced that he isn't above Supes and Thor a long time ago. The only thing that I dispute against you about the character is my thoughts on him taking a majority against Supes.

-Pr-
I have been convinced that he isn't above Supes and Thor a long time ago. The only thing that I dispute against you about the character is my thoughts on him taking a majority against Supes.

So he isn't above Superman, but would take a majority from him? pr1983

carver9
So he isn't above Superman, but would take a majority from him? pr1983

You can be in the same tier but still get a majority against that character. Come on Pr.

-Pr-
You can be in the same tier but still get a majority against that character. Come on Pr.

You're not making any sense.

You admit Superman is more powerful, but still think Gladiator would beat him?

How does that work?

leonidas
laughing out loud

i wish ignore would prevent me from seeing carver's posts when others quote him. it is a case of supreme irony that YOU of all people would accuse someone of bias. for the number of times you have flat out lied and misrepresented scans you should have been banned a long time ago.....

and the reason you DON'T show me that scan i asked about is manifestly NOT because it would be a 'waste' of your precious time. it's a lot simpler--it's because it does not EXIST,a nd so stating it as a fact is wrong. in fact, glads did pretty much NOTHING in the annihilators. ss, bill, quasar, hell even ronan had a more important role. imo his most memorable moment was the awe he felt for bill when he gathered that storm. the mere sight of bill's power was enough to humble him and even give the ss pause. laughing out loud great scene. clearly showed how far above the others gladiator was.

my liking or disliking of a character does not change on-panel evidence or feats. i'd ask YOU to answer the questions i asked country, but.....reading your reply WOULD be a waste of time. glads is what he is--a lower high herald (at best) who would put up a fight but lose to the elite in the tier. you're misrepresentation of glads' feats, and your efforts to make him MORE than he is, only serves to heighten people's dislike of the character. as usual, you do more harm than good. you could do me the ulimate favor--short of no longer posting--and put me on ignore. then you wouldn't have to worry about reading my 'biased' posts.

carver9

How does that work?

I never said that Superman was more powerful. I said that Gladiator "isn't above Superman".

thanos-prime
Team 1

DarkSaint85
Team 1 wins. Gladiator may or may not be above Thor and Superman, but seeing as Superman is not involved, and Thor is on Gladiators team, it's moot....

Gladiator379
where is country1000? come on man finish the debate dont back down now.

JakeTheBank
...Gladiator may or may not be above Thor and Superman...

He's not.

Starscream M

How does that work? come on dood, it's common sense

JakeTheBank
come on dood, it's common sense

Someone can beat someone who's more powerful than them, sure. Happens all the times in comics.

But it's usually with context, prep, plot device, or the character having advantages over the more powerful character such as a speed advantage or exploiting a weakness or being smarter.

Given that Carver has admitted Superman is more powerful than Gladiator but believes Glads would beat Superman anyway, it's perfectly reasonable to ask how that would work.

What advantages does Glads have over Superman? Because where I'm standing, Superman is literally better across the board.

Gladiator379
gladiator couldnt even beat masterson, owned by thor, masterson, black bolt, supreme, hulk, and never once did he posses a single win over those guys i mean seriously not even once, gladiator is a mid herald deal with that

Starscream M
Someone can beat someone who's more powerful than them, sure. Happens all the times in comics.

But it's usually with context, prep, plot device, or the character having advantages over the more powerful character such as a speed advantage or exploiting a weakness or being smarter.

Given that Carver has admitted Superman is more powerful than Gladiator but believes Glads would beat Superman anyway, it's perfectly reasonable to ask how that would work.

What advantages does Glads have over Superman? Because where I'm standing, Superman is literally better across the board. glads has no known exploitable weaknesses

edit: also I was just joking with Pr

JakeTheBank
glads has no known exploitable weaknesses

He does, actually. He's apparently vulnerable to specific wavelengths of radiation, magic, and, of course, diminished confidence - though that last one is used as a crutch to explain away any time Gladiator gets beaten.

But it's not like Kal can exploit those weaknesses anyway. And it's not like Kal's weaknesses matter against Gladiator, either. It has no bearing on the two of them in a fight at all.

Any other notable advantages of Gladiator over Superman?

EDIT: I seen your edit. Still, my question is posed to anyone serious about arguing Gladiator over Superman in a fight, or even anyone who thinks Gladiator holds any kind of edge over Superman in any aspect at all.

Starscream M

he's taller...so he has better reach.

Nihilist
He does, actually. He's apparently vulnerable to specific wavelengths of radiation, magic, and, of course, diminished confidence - though that last one is used as a crutch to explain away any time Gladiator gets beaten.

But it's not like Kal can exploit those weaknesses anyway. And it's not like Kal's weaknesses matter against Gladiator, either. It has no bearing on the two of them in a fight at all.

EDIT: I seen your edit. Still, my question is posed to anyone serious about arguing Gladiator over Superman in a fight, or even anyone who thinks Gladiator holds any kind of edge over Superman in any aspect at all. Originally posted by Starscream M

facepalmgreat comeback on countering all the points Jake made thumb up

JakeTheBank

laughing

abhilegend
durpalm

carver9

What advantages does Glads have over Superman? Because where I'm standing, Superman is literally better across the board.

OMG...I never said that Superman is more powerful than Gladiator...I said I don't think Gladiator is above Superman and he isn't. That still doesn't mean that he can't beat superman because Gladiator have qualities that puts him above Supes (even though they are in the same tier). In.order for Glads to be over Supes, he would have to be a trans level character and he isn't imo but he would still break Superman neck.

quanchi112
he's taller...so he has better reach. sick

leonidas

that was actually funny as hell and succinctly sums up his only edge. thumb up

-Pr-
OMG...I never said that Superman is more powerful than Gladiator...I said I don't think Gladiator is above Superman and he isn't. That still doesn't mean that he can't beat superman because Gladiator have qualities that puts him above Supes (even though they are in the same tier). In.order for Glads to be over Supes, he would have to be a trans level character and he isn't imo but he would still break Superman neck.

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

carver9
That makes absolutely no sense at all.

They are in the same tier. Superman and Surfer are in the same tier but people give Surfer a majority. Just because two people are in the same tier...it doesn't mean that they break even every time they fight.

-Pr-
They are in the same tier. Superman and Surfer are in the same tier but people give Surfer a majority. Just because two people are in the same tier...it doesn't mean that they break even every time they fight.

Not what I was talking about, and i disagree anyway.

I'm talking about how Superman can be "above" him, but not be more powerful. How does that work?

TheHulk
Gladiator above superman laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

carver9
Not what I was talking about, and i disagree anyway.

I'm talking about how Superman can be "above" him, but not be more powerful. How does that work?

I never said Superman was above Gladiator...I said Gladiator isn't above Supes.

TheHulk
I never said Superman was above Gladiator...I said Gladiator isn't above Supes. So their at the same lvl cool that i have no problem

carver9
So their at the same lvl cool that i have no problem

That's what I have been saying the whole time.

TheHulk
That's what I have been saying the whole time. I find that reasonable! what's the problem??? smile

DarkSaint85
How does this affect the fight?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>