Carnage Vs Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
http://images.wikia.com/mua/images/4/44/Carnage_2_%28comics%29.jpg

vs

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PFDhSSbAY40/TuDA9-QK2AI/AAAAAAAAAZk/bBtRS6bNX3E/s1600/A___is_for_Ares_by_Enymy.jpg

sean724
Bump

WhiteWitchKing
Ares rips him apart.

Digi
The God of War taking on Spidey villains. Poor Ares.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Digi
The God of War taking on Spidey villains. Poor Ares. here i thought it was a pretty good match. confused

leonidas
i think it's a great match. tbh, i don't really see how ares is winning this thing....

Digi
Originally posted by Nietzschean
here i thought it was a pretty good match. confused

It's not terrible. it's just, he should be more powerful than that.

Kid Kurdy
It's pretty close.

I give it to Ares though. He is a God after all, but it won't be a stomp, and it would be a long, brutal and cool fight.

Dum Dum Dugan
It's not terrible. it's just, he should be more powerful than that.
I disagree. He is as powerful as he portrayed to be. He simply not portrayed more often then not as being that formidable when compared with other bricks.

Newjak
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I disagree. He is as powerful as he portrayed to be. He simply not portrayed more often then not as being that formidable when compared with other bricks. I think the point is he's the freaking God of War, Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules.

I think people just feel like he should be in the same league as his brother power wise stick out tongue

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Newjak
I think the point is he's the freaking God of War, Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules.

I think people just feel like he should be in the same league as his brother power wise stick out tongue

lol.

In all serousness. Being a god does not make you uber powerful. It a term nothing else. Gods are just superhuman races that ordinary people mistakenly worship to be gods as U.S agent put it.

cdtm
Should be a stomp in Ares favor.

Luke Cage is more his speed, and I'd give Luke the edge.

Venom knocked him around all the time.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by cdtm
Should be a stomp in Ares favor.

Luke Cage is more his speed, and I'd give Luke the edge.

Venom knocked him around all the time.

No no no no it shoudlent at all.

Are you fing kidding me? What is Luke cage going to do to carnage? You sir need to read some more comics.

Venom could very well beat Ares as well and and Maul Luke cage.

Starscream M
just like a broken clock, this is one of the few times dum dum is right

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
just like a broken clock, this is one of the few times dum dum is right

Says the kid who constantly dodges battle zones with me. Go grow a pair you clown.

cdtm
No no no no it shoudlent at all.

Are you fing kidding me? What is Luke cage going to do to carnage? You sir need to read some more comics.

Venom could very well beat Ares as well and and Maul Luke cage.

Reading comics is what I'm basing this opinion on.

Luke Cage is > Venom, and 9 times out of 10 Venom matches Carnage, and occasionally outright owns him.

Dum Dum Dugan
Reading comics is what I'm basing this opinion on.

Luke Cage is > Venom, and 9 times out of 10 Venom matches Carnage, and occasionally outright owns him.
No no your not.

Prove it. You won't like always.

gotta love your abc logic as well.

cdtm
No no your not.

Prove it. You won't like always.

gotta love your abc logic as well.

Sometimes, abc logic works.

If you want scans, I can provide scans, but this was discussed on KCM a lot of times.. Venom's outright knocked Carnage out at least twice, and most of their fights they're dead even.

You DO believe Cage is > Venom, at least, don't you? Or Spidey?

Newjak
lol.

In all serousness. Being a god does not make you uber powerful. It a term nothing else. Gods are just superhuman races that ordinary people mistakenly worship to be gods as U.S agent put it. The gods are supposed to be extremely powerful and advanced. I mean look at Zeus, Odin, Thor, Loki, Hercules. Ares is supposed to be their equal but look at him.

Starscream M

You DO believe Cage is > Venom, at least, don't you? why do you think that?

Cage is stronger...but venom is faster, more versatile, etc.

cdtm
lol.

In all serousness. Being a god does not make you uber powerful. It a term nothing else. Gods are just superhuman races that ordinary people mistakenly worship to be gods as U.S agent put it.

Are you serious? These statements are about as crazy as insisting Wolverine can tank Hulk's punches, or beat Thor in a brawl.

Ares is a good fight for Hercules. He pwned Abomb, who matched Rulk. He's a highly skilled, class 100 monster.

Carnage is a Spiderman villain, that got trumped up a little in the Avengers comics, but his vast history puts him at Spidey level in effectiveness. Ares is on another level.

Dum Dum Dugan
The gods are supposed to be extremely powerful and advanced. I mean look at Zeus, Odin, Thor, Loki, Hercules. Ares is supposed to be their equal but look at him.

They not always super powerful. Some are, just like some mutants are really powerful.

Zues and Odin are vastly more powerful then the other gods even hercules and Thor arnt on there levels normally. Also loki to my knowledge is not even the same race as the other gods and drives most of his powers through magical means. And there is nothing that states Ares is there equal. Gods have never been suggested to all be on the same level.

Your saying how you wish things were not how they are.

Colossus-Big C
lol.

In all serousness. Being a god does not make you uber powerful. It a term nothing else. Gods are just superhuman races that ordinary people mistakenly worship to be gods as U.S agent put it. Thats wrong, in marvel all gods somewhere decended from godly energy from the Demuirge thats why there gods. It doesnt always have to do with powerlevel though

Dum Dum Dugan
Are you serious? These statements are about as crazy as insisting Wolverine can tank Hulk's punches, or beat Thor in a brawl.

Yes I am serous.

Seeing how Wolverine has foughten Hulk more times then any other person, that statements not crazy at all. It funny there a running pattern with you. You ignore and call PIS on everthing you dislike. Sorry son, but what comic fact and what you think are not the same thing.

Ares is a good fight for Hercules. He pwned Abomb, who matched Rulk. He's a highly skilled, class 100 monster.

He also gotten beat down by herc, so whats your point? A-bomb? Who was not very impressive at all. He not that skilled either. Wolverine done the same dam thing but on worse levels and Carnage would beat him. So your abc logic is just not working. You also have yet to prove evidence.

Carnage is a Spiderman villain, that got trumped up a little in the Avengers comics, but his vast history puts him at Spidey level in effectiveness. Ares is on another level.

No Ares is not on another level and Carnage is with out a doubt more powerful then spiderman. You need to stop making statements and start providing evidence.

Dum Dum Dugan
Sometimes, abc logic works.

If you want scans, I can provide scans, but this was discussed on KCM a lot of times.. Venom's outright knocked Carnage out at least twice, and most of their fights they're dead even.

You DO believe Cage is > Venom, at least, don't you? Or Spidey?
it doesent here at all.

I not talking about carnage and venom stop focusing on the red herrings.

No i don't. i keep asking you for evidence that Luke is > Venom carnage. Because he not. And Also Spiderman could very well beat Cage as well. I think you have fing no idea what your talking about.

Newjak
They not always super powerful. Some are, just like some mutants are really powerful.

Zues and Odin are vastly more powerful then the other gods even hercules and Thor arnt on there levels normally. Also loki to my knowledge is not even the same race as the other gods and drives most of his powers through magical means. And there is nothing that states Ares is there equal. Gods have never been suggested to all be on the same level.

Your saying how you wish things were not how they are. The point is it seems weird to have them be on such weird power levels especially when they are supposed to and have shown to possess divine powers.

Colossus-Big C
High end Ares has legit class 100 feats to be fair. Survivng an atomic explosion, countless missles, slicing a skyscraper in half with one blow, matching skaar in strength. Cutting sentry

He also has his low end feats though

Dum Dum Dugan
The point is it seems weird to have them be on such weird power levels especially when they are supposed to and have shown to possess divine powers.
There not on that wierd of a powerlevel at all.

So have other characters, whats your point? and what do you mena by divine?

Think you want them to be on a level there not. Term god is irrelevent. It just a term, it does not make you more powerful then someone else simply becuase your called a god.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
High end Ares has legit class 100 feats to be fair. Survivng an atomic explosion, countless missles, slicing a skyscraper in half with one blow, matching skaar in strength. Cutting sentry

He also has his low end feats though

Which are more numerous. He simply a typical brick. He not this world beater people pretend he is.

Dum Dum Dugan
why do you think that?

Cage is stronger...but venom is faster, more versatile, etc.
There really no evidence that cage is stronger then venom even.

Starscream M
There really no evidence that cage is stronger then venom even. I think cage is in the CL60-80 right? I would put venom in CL30-40

Dum Dum Dugan
I think cage is in the CL60-80 right? I would put venom in CL30-40
60-80? Oh hell no. Luke cage is a 30 tonner. Even then it could be argued that he weaker.

Newjak
There not on that wierd of a powerlevel at all.

So have other characters, whats your point? and what do you mena by divine?

Think you want them to be on a level there not. Term god is irrelevent. It just a term, it does not make you more powerful then someone else simply becuase your called a god. As in they have the divine spark, that's how they get their powers.

cdtm
And Also Spiderman could very well beat Cage as well. I think you have fing no idea what your talking about.

lol. Bullshit.

And I don't have to prove shit here. Not if you're seriously trying to argue Carnage has a snowballs chance in hell against someone that's in the heavyweight club, which Ares definitely is. Have you even read anything about Ares, at all?

Considering you're one of the posters here who argues things like Wolverine being capable of tanking punches from Hulk, I'm not sure your opinion on Carnage is the same as my opinion, but lets find out:

Serious question: Where do you place Carnage, Venom, and Spidey relative to each other, and relative to other characters. Are all three roughly on the same tier?

How would each fare against Hulk?

Against the Juggernaut.

Against Thor in a straight brawl?

Against Wolverine?

Against Iron Fist?

Dum Dum Dugan
As in they have the divine spark, that's how they get their powers.
which is really no different to the x-gene.

Also not all the "gods" get there power from divine spark either.

Mindset
Which ones dont?

Dum Dum Dugan
lol. Bullshit.

Thats not bullshit as all, and like always i notice you dodge and weave. Why not actaully you know prove the nonsense you always try and sell?

And I don't have to prove shit here.
Yes you do. you can't just state shit as fact, with out backing it up.

Not if you're seriously trying to argue Carnage has a snowballs chance in hell against someone that's in the heavyweight club,

Yes I am seriously argueing that Carnage can take on Ares.

I am also waiitng on prove that Luke cage is >venom and carnage

which Ares definitely is. Have you even read anything about Ares, at all?
Yes and I am betting I have read more about Ares then you have. I bet you are unaware of the fact Ares has been taken don by machine gun fire before.

Considering you're one of the posters here who argues things like Wolverine being capable of tanking punches from Hulk

I do think Wolverine can take a punch from Hulk and keep on fighting? yes i do. He done som numerous times. In fac the foughten hulk over 14 times. That more then any other person in marvel.

, I'm not sure your opinion on Carnage is the same as my opinion, but lets find out:

I could care less if my opinion matches yours. your opinion tend to be filled with wishful thinking and not from what actaully happens on panel.

Serious question: Where do you place Carnage, Venom, and Spidey relative to each other, and relative to other characters. Are all three roughly on the same tier?

No likely not. Carnage and venom are a tier above Spiderman.

How would each fare against Hulk?

They all lose. Whats your point? Ares got KOed right off the bat by WWH.

Against the Juggernaut.

Would all three lose, but so would Ares. And the other three would out last Ares.

Against Thor in a straight brawl?

All three would lose as would Ares, again what is your point?

Against Wolverine?

Vs Spiderman it depends on land scape.

Carnage and Venom depends on how they fight him. If they fight smart they should not have much trouble winning. but if they fight like idiots Wolverine would beat them. Wolverine gives them fights but Carnage and Venom utilizing there powers would win for sure.

Against Iron Fist?

same answer I gave for Wolverine

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Mindset
Which ones dont?
Perun for example never been stated to grant his powers from a divine spark.

Prep-Man
ares.

Parmaniac
Carnage makes him his puppet.

Digi
I disagree. He is as powerful as he portrayed to be. He simply not portrayed more often then not as being that formidable when compared with other bricks.

This:

I think the point is he's the freaking God of War, Son of Zeus, Brother of Hercules.

...basically, I don't care how powerful no-name "gods" are. But if you're playing him up as a major character, putting him on Avengers teams, etc. and he's supposedly the God of War dating back through history, it's then a bit of a letdown when he can get chumped by smart street levelers with some prep. Especially with Thor and Hercules as templates for doing it right, Ares just seems like a joke.

leonidas
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Carnage makes him his puppet.

seriously. ss anyone? and don't cry pis..... it's a fundamental part of carnage's powerset. and spidey only beats carnage via plot 99% of the time. using carnage's full powerset i still don't get how ares (who is pretty much just a low-level brick in general) wins this...... cl100 alone sure as hell isn't enough.

Newjak
This:

...basically, I don't care how powerful no-name "gods" are. But if you're playing him up as a major character, putting him on Avengers teams, etc. and he's supposedly the God of War dating back through history, it's then a bit of a letdown when he can get chumped by smart street levelers with some prep. Especially with Thor and Hercules as templates for doing it right, Ares just seems like a joke. Pretty much, especially when Tony first brought him on the team he was supposed to be a Thor + Wolverine if I remember correctly.

During his Mini and came and saved Olympus from destruction. It just feels like he should be more than how he is normally portrayed, and it also seems like as soon as anyone starts to make that push he reverts back to his old self.

abhilegend
Carnage.

Dum Dum Dugan
Pretty much, especially when Tony first brought him on the team he was supposed to be a Thor + Wolverine if I remember correctly.
It was Thor lite i believe and it was not presumed that he was as good or effective as either Wolverine or Thor.

Also he did nothing impressive at all in his entire time on that team.

During his Mini and came and saved Olympus from destruction. It just feels like he should be more than how he is normally portrayed, and it also seems like as soon as anyone starts to make that push he reverts back to his old self.
I think you two want him to be more then he is. He is what he shown to be, nothing more or less.

Gods in marvel is a title, not an indication of ones powerlevel.

Newjak
It was Thor lite i believe and it was not presumed that he was as good or effective as either Wolverine or Thor.

Also he did nothing impressive at all in his entire time on that team.

I think you two want him to be more then he is. He is what he shown to be, nothing more or less.

Gods in marvel is a title, not an indication of ones powerlevel. That's the problem he should be a lot more powerful then how he displayed. Look at his brother Hercules, Look at who he gets compared to, yet he is at best a mid level namor type brick if that.

He's a God of War, gifted with the divine spark. Yes he is portrayed one way and I would like to see him portrayed another.

Starscream M

He's a God of War, gifted with the divine spark. Yes he is portrayed one way and I would like to see him portrayed another. frankly, I don't give a rat's behind how you'd like to see him portrayed. no expression

Ares simply isn't very impressive.

Newjak
frankly, I don't give a rat's behind how you'd like to see him portrayed. no expression

Ares simply isn't very impressive. Ok I could care less that you don't care.

I feel like Ares should be more and honestly I feel most people do considering the hype, and people he generally gets compared to.

Dum Dum Dugan
That's the problem he should be a lot more powerful then how he displayed.
Why because you think he should be? I thing the problem is you think he should be at levels he simply is not at.

Look at his brother Hercules, Look at who he gets compared to,
Why are you comparing him to hercules? You seem to be under some impression that all the gods have comparable power levels. This is not true in marvel nor is it true in mythology.

yet he is at best a mid level namor type brick if that.

Namor would beat Ares into the ground. he also given hercules hell if not out right beaten him before.

He's a God of War, gifted with the divine spark. Yes he is portrayed one way and I would like to see him portrayed another.

Meanless title. Divine spark is more or less equivalent to the x-gene.

Also in mythology Ares is not some beast. In fact he kinda a pussy and a cry baby if memory serves me right.

carver9
Just want to throw out there that Cage and Carnage already fought and Cage couldn't even budge Carnage and he had help from other Avengers. This happened during the breakout when Sentry was first introduced.

Nietzschean

in mythology Ares has runaway in battle when he realizes he cannot win and is going to be defeated and killed.

Ok I could care less that you don't care.

I feel like Ares should be more and honestly I feel most people do considering the hype, and people he generally gets compared to. doesnt matter how u feel Ares should be rather what he is depicted as being in comics.

Do u think Ares beats Carnage and if so why using comic feats and history from both characters.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Just want to throw out there that Cage and Carnage already fought and Cage couldn't even budge Carnage and he had help from other Avengers. This happened during the breakout when Sentry was first introduced. And since Carnage returned he has displayed completely new powers and feats. Not upgraded (except bionic legs for his missing lower body) but definately written up.

Nietzschean
And since Carnage returned he has displayed completely new powers and feats. Not upgraded (except bionic legs for his missing lower body) but definately written up. it probably had more to do with cage's impenetrable skin which was being showcased.

I wouldnt transfer that to Ares

carver9
And since Carnage returned he has displayed completely new powers and feats. Not upgraded (except bionic legs for his missing lower body) but definately written up.

Pretty much. Carnage was working the Avengers and if Sentry didn't show up, he probably would have won (including Luke who was struggling to even budge let alone push Carnage back). Luke is a beast but I wouldn't put him above Carnage.

hunbu04
Carnage is not match for Ares. Ares do have low showing but don't forget he used to be a villians but he also have some high showing The Guy be X-man for heaven sake a fight that was written in the stars. X-man try to cheat by hiding in his time bubble but Ares walk right through it. plus remember what both Athena and thor stated the guys keep their power in checked when they walked the earth.
When Ares was a villian he demostrated lot of different powers than when he joined the Avengers.
He could teleport easily
Vast energy projection from his hands and sometime channel through his axe
invisible to mortal eyes
summoning weapons from other dimensions
and possessing other people body he even once possessed a being as powerful as masterson thor

Sr J-Bieb
Carnage turns him into a puppet, and could give him hell without said power

OneDumbG0
I can see Carnage taking over Ares. Those symbiotes have taken over quite a number of powered beings. Otherwise, Ares decapitates him or cleaves him down the middle with his axe after fights with varying degrees of brutality.

Split 5/10.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by hunbu04
Carnage is not match for Ares. Ares do have low showing but don't forget he used to be a villians but he also have some high showing The Guy be X-man for heaven sake a fight that was written in the stars. X-man try to cheat by hiding in his time bubble but Ares walk right through it. plus remember what both Athena and thor stated the guys keep their power in checked when they walked the earth.
When Ares was a villian he demostrated lot of different powers than when he joined the Avengers.
He could teleport easily
Vast energy projection from his hands and sometime channel through his axe
invisible to mortal eyes
summoning weapons from other dimensions
and possessing other people body he even once possessed a being as powerful as masterson thor

Thor does drastically scale back his power for the sake of the planet but, I just dont see it happening with Ares .

Thor vs Walker
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/Pre-Insane/CM%20v3/17-vsWalker3.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd202/Genis101/Genis/Pre-Insane/CM%20v3/17-vsWalker4.jpg

I think Ares should be vastly more powerful than he is depicted. He could so be an awesome war god a mix between Wolverine and Thor if done right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.